It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found another explanation what could be happening here...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Here's the kicker: So-called "global warming" is actually heat coming from the Earth core exuding from the "birth canal" in Antarctica -- hence the melting of the permafrost and warming of the sea. The author says it will increase and lead to ever more earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tornadoes, hurricanes, super storms, and what-not.

That doesn't make any sense either. If there were a source of heat from Antarctica it could be detected. Where is the evidence?

Global warming is not due to new heat coming into the Earth it is a measure of how long the heat remains on the Earth. The main influx of energy to the Earth is from the Sun. There is also heat coming from our of the ground due to radioactive decay inside of the Earth. Regardless of where the energy comes from, the key question is how long the energy remains at the Earth before it radiates into space. The longer it remains the warmer the Earth.

There are no examples of planetary cores being ejected. Where does the author get this idea? Since this claim appears to be made up hooey the author has to come to a weird explanation to tell us why Venus has no Moon yet Jupiter has many. Where are the ejected moons of Jupiter going to end up in this wild story? How come Mars has 2 very small moons and Jupiter has over 60 by last count. What huge amount of energy can separate a large mass from a planet?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Evolution is a time of extinction, as the magnetic field goes through a major reversal the sun bombards the planet with it's full fury, unleashing tons of solar radiation. It's at time of extinction, and mutation. It's not a time of some majestic spiritual birth.

Sorry, but if you thought magnetic reversals were associated with extinction events you are very wrong. Evolution is a process. It is not as you claim a time of extinction.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by linkshot1000

I know personally that I have been having headaches for at least the last 5 months on and off and I don´t seem to be able to gauge North or South direction anymore. In fact it´s seems to me the other way round.

The Earth's magnetic field has not changed substantially in the last 150 years it has been measured. You'll need to find a different explanation for your recent headaches and your inability to "gauge" north-south.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModestThought

Iron is only the final product in the sense that fusing elements leading up to iron produces a nucleus containing less energy. That means you get energy out of the process. Nuclei heavier than iron require energy thus you cannot get energy out of a process attempting to fuse elements to make cobalt or lead. Iron is not so much the final product, but the lowest energy state for nuclei. Above iron nuclei can be split to obtain energy. Below iron energy has to be added to split nuclei.

The sun does not eject iron every once in a while. This claim of ejections doesn't fly because it takes energy to do that. Where is any example of this process happening?

Planets are not pushed by changes in gravitation. Gravity is a force that attracts.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

gov disinf PLEASE GO AWAY! VERY FAR AWAY ! LIKE PLUTO OR SOMETHING...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

I've always wondered why so many natives, including Mayan elders, when asked, are kind of horrified that so many people spread doom and gloom about the End Times/Time of Purification. They say it's just a transition, not the end of the world, but when asked, they always admit, yes, many will die, but they don't seem disconcerted by that at all. I always thought it was because they expect to survive somehow, but then I heard some of them say, "If we don't survive, so what?" (I'm paraphrasing here.)

The ancient Mayans had a calendar called the long count. It is going to wrap just like the Gregorian calendar wrapped in 2000. The Maya had NO prophecies or predictions associated with 2012. All of the tall tales about that date are modern. There are lots of people cashing in on 2012 by telling these sorts of fanciful tales. Some claim to be Mayan to add some aura of support to their statements.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Maybe that is where the author came up with the nutty idea that planets have fixed orbits. That's an interesting thought. I was wondering where this wacko idea came from.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

What muzzleflash has so elegantly demonstrated is that this speculation, here called a theory, makes many claims of which none appear to be possible according to current scientific understandings.

I'd call these claims of planetary ejections and planets in fixed orbits more of an hallucinogenic dream than anything else.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
reply to post by sylvie

You may be interested in this video

Neat video, thanks!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash
reply to post by sylvie

Good post. Thanks for taking the time to say so much. I agree and the parallel in Christianity is what they refer to as "the Kingdom of God". The story is different but surface stories always are. It is for us to look within all that we encounter. If we do this correctly we will find agreement.

Yes, even though the stories are all different, when you take the big-picture view, they all have similarities.

An important thing to know is that this is the beginning but it is the transition period that is beginning and that will take a couple of thousand years to work it's magic. After that it will be another 22,000 more years before the earth is ready for any further movements.

I'm wondering about that. I love to listen to "mysterious archeology" shows and the likes on C2C AM. There seems to be a lot of evidence that certain events could happen a lot faster than our mainstream scientists think. For example, one guy said someone found polonium bubbles in solid granite rock. Granite is believed to have developed over gazillions of years, but polonium bubbles only have a half-life of 3 minutes. Since they were still intact, he said, the conclusion is that the molten rock had to solidify into granite within a couple of minutes, not hundreds of thousands or millions of years. There are many other examples like this; e.g., that famous woolly mammoth found "flash-frozen" still with flowers in its mouth that it had been chewing on when it died. Or the human remains found in a solid block of coal, which should be impossible, since that layer should have predated mankind by a long shot. And so on and so on. Meanwhile I believe that we don't know half as much as we think we know,about our own origins, those of the universe, etc.

The reason we whites seldom know of these things is because we've left our tribal lives and the knowledge that went with them behind a long time ago in Europe when Christianity displaced them. If we could only know it we would find out that our ethnic heritages all included the very same knowledge that our Native American brothers and sisters share with us now. We have just forgotten..... This is by design. We need to develop in other ways which would be inhibited by the old knowledge. Each set of lessons in it's own time is the rule.

I disagree on that one. The white "Takers" (our culture) are the ones who have messed everything up, IMO. If we still lived in harmony with nature, as the indigenous people do, we wouldn't have these problems with dwindling resources, technology that's bound to kill us at some point, meddling in other nations' affairs, globalization, worthless paper money, boundless greed and selfishness, etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EluThingol
I am amazed that this hasn't been brought up

This is a crop circle found in England, first depicting the solar system in it's current state, and then, a week later, the Sun being enlarged, engulfing mercury and venus.

Great find, S+F!

WOW!! That is incredible!!! I didn't think there was confirmation for what he says in the book anywhere... because, frankly, his theories ARE kind of out there (though I don't know if they're his theories or something he learned from his N.A. mentors). And that's exactly what he says -- that Mercury and Venus would enter the Sun.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I appreciate your scientific mind. However, I like to contemplate theories that may or may not be true, and try to make sense out of them. As I said before, our scientists know a lot less than they think they do. Almost every day, they find some new object in space that they hadn't known was there before, or new phenomena they didn't even know existed or could possibly exist.

Just recently they were shocked to find that carbon dating is not that reliable -- finding that the decay rate of plutonium is not stable, as they thought, but varies with the seasons. Now their hypothesis is that the Sun emits neutrinos (which are not supposed to influence matter) that have a direct effect on matter. Link here.

There are a lot of things that leave scientists stumped, for example these 13 Things That Don't Make Sense

Or 13 MORE things that don't make sense

Both articles are from New Scientist, by the way, not some hooey New Age tabloid.

Here's a New York Times article from 2008 that talks about how scientists still don't fully understand the nature of glass. I mean, GLASS, for crying out loud, one of the most used substances in our everyday lives!

“It surprises most people that we still don’t understand this,” said David R. Reichman, a professor of chemistry at Columbia, who takes yet another approach to the glass problem. “We don’t understand why glass should be a solid and how it forms.”

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Misrepresenting polonium halos is a typical ploy by fundamentalist Christians to misrepresent scientific data. The polonium halos are not the result of polonium bubbles in the melt, but produced in the rock at a later time. No mammoths were flash frozen. That claim has been made for decades. A few intact mammoths were found that had drowned. That is why they mammoths were found in the condition they were in. No human remains or human artifacts have been found in solid coal. I've heard all sorts of odd stories at creationist lectures about coins and buttons in coal. I ask them where they were found or where they can be seen and nothing is provided.

Making up tall tales is the livelihood of YECs.

If we still lived in harmony with nature, as the indigenous people do, we wouldn't have these problems with dwindling resources, technology that's bound to kill us at some point, ...

The claims of indigenous peoples living in harmony with nature is a myth. Studies of their animal kill sites show that they killed far more animals than could possibly be eaten. Slash and burn agriculture is another horribly destructive practice still being used. The main difference was the small populations using biodegradable materials.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

As I said before, our scientists know a lot less than they think they do. Almost every day, they find some new object in space that they hadn't known was there before, or new phenomena they didn't even know existed or could possibly exist.

Scientists know what they do know and what they do not know. Discoveries are made all of the time. One of the reasons for the discoveries is that scientists are looking to learn more. They want to learn more because they understand the limitations of their knowledge. Learning something new is good.

Just recently they were shocked to find that carbon dating is not that reliable -- finding that the decay rate of plutonium is not stable, as they thought, but varies with the seasons. Now their hypothesis is that the Sun emits neutrinos (which are not supposed to influence matter) that have a direct effect on matter.

Who fund this out? A scientist foudn this because they were checking. To suggest that carbon dating or that the instability in the decay rate is important is mostly false. The difference between the traditional decay rate and the new data is very small and has little effect on showing that the world is really, really old. It has little effect on C14 dating since that can only be used over a small period of time compared to other radiometric dating.

The fact that things don't make sense is normal in science. Why would anyone think that everything is tidy? Look at the first item: the placebo effect. What about the nocebo effect? In a recent study, the article you linked to is 2005, the placebo effect worked even when people were told they were being given inert pills for pain. SO even when people know a sham is being perpetrated they believe.

There are lots of properties of common materials that are not well understood. That's because things are interesting. There are lots of wonderful and interesting things all around us without having to speculate about baloney stories of planets ejecting cores and taking turns in special orbits and the other nonsense spouted by this author.

I appreciate you bringing to light the interesting issues mentioned in the articles.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

WOW!! That is incredible!!! I didn't think there was confirmation for what he says in the book anywhere... because, frankly, his theories ARE kind of out there (though I don't know if they're his theories or something he learned from his N.A. mentors). And that's exactly what he says -- that Mercury and Venus would enter the Sun.

Since when is installation art any sort of confirmation of anything scientific or weird?
edit on 21-2-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

There are lots of wonderful and interesting things all around us without having to speculate about baloney stories of planets ejecting cores and taking turns in special orbits and the other nonsense spouted by this author.

I do appreciate your input, but I will not let you kill this thread. Remember, this is a conspiracy site and the forum is "2012" -- in other words, anything goes, and "wild speculations" are our bread and butter here. I happen to like "what if" conversations, and apparently others do too; I'd do the same if the topic were some science-fiction story with interesting thoughts in it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Very interesting but what strikes me is this.

Human nature insists we try to survive by any means so what would stop people who want to go into this higher dimension of living from potentially going on board a craft of some kind as a way to survive a dying Earth?

I'd like to evolve into this higher being but at the same time, I also wish to survive and actually live a somewhat happy life able to accomplish things that here on this planet and in this life I haven't managed to achieve just yet.

I'd be so confused about what the right thing to do would be in that situation.

My view of things too, almost word for word.

Not confused though, the way i see it, if the OP is correct, what's the harm going along with the ET's, living for thousands of years, and having that experience and *then* dying and going to the fifth Earth/Heaven?

By the sounds of it, Earth moving into Venus' old orbit sounds more like hell than heaven. It would pretty much be the fires of hell of the bible. Not quite a paradise.

Perhaps demons have been/are spreading lies about heaven in general, and ET's being fallen angels...what if they are actually the angels, and what you think of as angels are actually the fallen, trying to trick humanity into freely choosing to go to hell believing it to be heaven?

If Satan and his minions are anywhere near as deserving of their reputations a scam of these proportions, would be right up their alley.

Nah, i'd take my chances of turning my back on a fiery, inferno of a heaven fifth or sixth, and experience living with the Multiverse for a while...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

How come Mars has 2 very small moons

One of them is a little bit of poo.

(It happens during birth sometimes)

edit on 21/2/2011 by spikey because: format error

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This was an enjoyable thread, I thrive on the idea that our "Mother" is the Earth.

"Honor thy Mother and thy Father", used to always bother me as I could not wrap my soul around it and witness it around me. No one respects their elders and no one communicates with their parents; we no longer have our Shamans. As much as I believe there is value to respecting our elders I believe the above statement means we have forgotten to "Honor thy Mother...", especially the true Mother of us all.

We are the species that cannot speak to Nature like Nature speaks; we are disconnected because we have been cast out. Are we speaking to the forests? Are we speaking to the water? We are only polluting our world and not realizing that the World is a living Being.

Honor thy Mother, "To the Father Sky and the Mother Earth", we keep forgetting her and we only have to stop and listen and then pay respects by way of sending Love. It isn't too hard to reconnect to Nature and begin listening again. With all the weather and earth changes, with the Sun doing wonderful things, with the coming Comet Elenin, the discovery of Tyche, and "GOD only knows what is to come", is the essence of the voice!

I no longer believe there is such a thing as "Peak Oil", I believe the Earth secretes oil naturally as it is her blood, her lubricants, and her life-force. Let us hope that if there is a "birthing", and Antarctica is that node in which to express, that the New Madrid does not become her Cesarean instead.

I am ready to accept that Death is the Birth and that through all of us we get to spontaneously Create into something entirely new; a spontaneous Creation! We should be careful what we "honor" in our lives, I for one am committed to our Mother Earth in this change.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

My view of things too, almost word for word.

Not confused though, the way i see it, if the OP is correct, what's the harm going along with the ET's, living for thousands of years, and having that experience and *then* dying and going to the fifth Earth/Heaven?

He says that the Fifth World-Heaven transition only works if you die on the Earth, not if you die somewhere else.

By the sounds of it, Earth moving into Venus' old orbit sounds more like hell than heaven. It would pretty much be the fires of hell of the bible. Not quite a paradise.

Not if all creatures adapted to the new environment; yes, I'm sure in our regular bodies we'd just all burn (if there were any of us left to witness that anyway, which I doubt). But I can imagine a new Earth vibrating at a higher frequency so the proximity to the Sun wouldn't affect it.

Perhaps demons have been/are spreading lies about heaven in general, and ET's being fallen angels...what if they are actually the angels, and what you think of as angels are actually the fallen, trying to trick humanity into freely choosing to go to hell believing it to be heaven?

I've thought of that too. Maybe what the author says is misinformation to make us stay here and die willingly, while the elite flies off into space -- and safety -- with the good aliens? Though he says that most people will go with the aliens/fallen angels, and there will be almost no one left on Earth, etc. Judging by that, I'd say the aliens/angels must be the evil ones, because from my own experience, it is true what the Bible says, that the right path is always the difficult one, and the wrong path is always the easy one.

I've seen with my own eyes how the "Dark Side" operates and how easy it is to fall for their temptations. It takes a lot of will power to resist, and it's not pleasant at all. So I'd say whatever we're offered -- just assuming this story were true -- the easy way out would probably be the wrong one.

edit on 21-2-2011 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2011 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join