It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to suspend water??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Theres no way this can be true? can it?

I mean ya can see how the water is still spinning from the twist of the cup !
edit on 20-2-2011 by Free4Ever2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Absolutely not. It's a prank video.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Now that made me lol

I feel pretty confident about calling it nonsense without doing the research and getting myself covered in water for the next 2 hours.

Cool video though

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Gelatin. Most likely.
The centrifugal force of the water "spinning" would be pressing outward. Without the glass to hold it in...Remember what Bruce Lee said. www.youtube.com...

Removing the cup, no matter how fast you spin it, would result in the spillage attempts at the end of the video.

He just wants you to make a mess.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
With surface tension and centrifugal force quite possibly. I am at least giving it a plausible rating, it looks way to cool to be fake. Look at all the crazy stuff that has been done with yo yo's. If you can find the right line to put all these opposing forces in balance, that was wicked.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
Gelatin. Most likely.
The centrifugal force of the water "spinning" would be pressing outward. Without the glass to hold it in...Remember what Bruce Lee said. www.youtube.com...

Removing the cup, no matter how fast you spin it, would result in the spillage attempts at the end of the video.

He just wants you to make a mess.

This post has hit the nail right on the head

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If anyone can take what is in this video to the next level that would be cool

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Its as if the vaccuum is stronger inside the water, or that the water has forgotten that the cup was missing, either that, or a very thin resin was moulded inside the cup - thick enough to hold the water, and thin enough to break if touched.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Goes home to play in the water

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This is obviously an interaction of an unseen force! Quick, pay this human lots of money and praise the genius of this research, and we may get infinite energy from this research!
edit on 24-2-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Lifting up the cup while spinning creates such a sound it forms the water like the form of the cup. How the heck did he came to the idea of doing it

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
well I've posted a link onto FB and I know I have enough fools for friends that one or more of them will give it a go so I'll sit back and wait to see how it works out for them

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
tbh do we know for certain that its not possible? NO

Do we know that it is possible? NO

We no so little regarding physics and whatnot compared to what is still to be known!

Thank something my mind is awake!

i have done this now, it took a few fair tries but it did work in the end!

Lets just say if you want to prove something, give it a shot! you may end up wet but it does work!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

It's partially frozen. The edges freeze, you can see it if you look close, then the thin cylinder of ice finally shatters at the end.

Spinning the water would not make it maintain shape, all of the force would be "radial" and it would force the water apart even faster. It is just a prank. I may do it this weekend and post it here.

I'm guessing the cup was lightly oiled and then filled up with water and frozen quickly.
edit on 24-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Guys please check this mans youtube channel, he's a professional cgi animator for gods sakeYou think he spends his spare time when not doing CG working out how to do glass tricks

link
edit on 24-2-2011 by davespanners because: spelling

Oh and now I just read free4evers reply

edit on 24-2-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Proof that some people will believe anything, this came up on another forum about a month ago, anyone who research's realises pretty quickly that this guy is a CGI animator.

At least some people might actually start checking sources!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Since it is rotating, wouldn't the water fly apart from the centrifugal force? Circular motion makes it an non-inertial reference frame, and so it is subjected to pseudo-forces.

top topics

join