It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea digging tunnels for likely nuclear test: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

North Korea digging tunnels for likely nuclear test: report

www.rawstory.com

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea is digging tunnels at a site where it has launched two nuclear tests, suggesting it is preparing a third, the South's Yonhap news agency said on Sunday, a development which would trigger concern across the region.

Tensions rose on the divided peninsula when 46 sailors were killed in an attack in March on a South Korean naval vessel. North Korea, which has denied responsibility, shelled the southern island of Yeonpyeong in November, killing four people and sparking fears of possible all-out war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here we go again.

The war drums are beating again. When you thought things were calming down it looks like NK may be testing another nuke soon.

I personally think that NK is just flexing its muscle due to recent events in the past few months. Either they are building up for an attack, or making it look that way so the South and the US will take them more seriously.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Flexing its muscle... More like getting ready for nuclear war.
North Korea doesn't play those stupid western political games. Unless the whole flexing its muscle line is just to keep the US populace from the scary truth. Sounds like something the US military would come up with now that I think about it.
edit on 20-2-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

You may be right, but i HOPE your wrong.

They already had 2 tests done before without nuclear war.

But having new launch sites?

thats the scary part.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Whats the deal with "faking" a nuke test?
I mean if you buried and dentonated 500tonnes of high explosives in a deep mine,wouldn't that have the same effect on seismographs as a 0.5kiloton nuke?
They could spread a bit of radioactive waste near the explosion to complete the fakery(so equipment designed to detect radiation gets a positive reading.).

Could be a really cheap way to make other countries believe you are nuke capable without having to develop the whole nuke building program.

Could that sort of fake test work?
What do you think-I wouldn't put anything past mad Lil Kimmy boy.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

NK arn't preparing for war at all. They would like to have that capability because SK have a better military and having a nuclear capability is obviously a big way to level the playing field and intimidate SK further.

NK do play political games, very few nations don't and many are just much more subtle. Seriously NK maybe a bit mental, but they arn't stupid! They know that any offensive nuclear actions would basically be suicide in every which way possible. They just want to say to SK 'look we are powerfull, look what we can do to you if we wanted to so count yourself lucky!'

I hate the NK attitude. SK's military is definately better, NK just relies on aggression and intimidation. That though doesn't help you in the long run at all!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Now all we need is for Rumsfeld to announce they are hiding WMDs and for N. Korea to have something we want.

Next should be a contrived event to get the American public behind a war. Followed by Congress appropriating a war fund. The money is loaned to us by The Federal Reserve after being printed out of thin air. The taxpayers pay the loan back at interest with a nice bit of inflation attached. Now the trick is not to go in and kick some ass but to sustain the war for as long as possible.

So what does N. Korea have that we want...

top topics

join