It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ,Lara Logan, the only real " un-corrupted?" non-plastic icequeen female anchor got raped?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
To me one of the most interesting things about this situation is that the surge in sexual harassment that started in Cairo in November 2010 and continued right into the month of February of this year, would have gone completely unnoticed, if it were not for a small group of ordinary Egyptian women who were so fed up with being pushed around on the streets of Cairo that they, themselves, started a website and started to document and record statistics concerning these incidents.

Because of them there is documentation that strongly indicates the activities of provocateurs using this tactic, in advance of the big demonstrations, to stir up anger among the population.

Suppose someone in New York on 9/11 had taken video of the towers falling down and had been a bad enough videographer to have left their low light, infra red sensitivity setting on, as the towers fell. That accident would inadvertently have captured the flashes of detonations as each floor was demolished.

Excuse a "country boy's" expression, but whoever was "running" the sexual harassment operation in Cairo, stepped into a cow pie when they came into the jurisdiction of the ladies from www.harassmap.org.

These people had run the normal harrassment total up to 50 times the norm for the month of January. They were confident. They were successful. Sexually assaulting Lara Logan could very well have been a reflex action for some of these people.
edit on 18-2-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Erm, you might want to rethink your thread title. Before she left to America she was accused by people in the industry of sleeping her way to the top.

Infact she was never any sort of good uncorrupted person, in anyway whatsoever. With that said, it doesn't even matter. Nobody deserves to get raped

But it needs pointing out, as the entire premise of your thread is wrong

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
hold on a second, I heard she got assaulted, maybe even sexually assaulted, but raped? Did I miss something here?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
This news story is clearly DEBUNKED in my eyes.

The news is trying to create HATE and FEAR against Egypt.

In an event where there are easily 10,000 people with video recording cell phones and eye witness accounts, she just happen to get taken to a secret dangerous area?

They raped her AFTER the President stepped down? When they're celebrating??

They stayed peaceful for weeks in the face of military opposition BUT cannot resist blonde white women?

She was not raped. Where did you hear she was raped.

Sexual assualt(groping) != rape.

rape is rape.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Apparently you did. I did too. I wasnt really paying attention to the "sexual assault" case. I assumed sexual assault meant they did some grabbing while they beat her up. Bad, but considering other reporters were being assaulted too, not enough to make me care enough to read the stories.

I was very surprised to hear the gang rape versions. Calling gang rape "sexual assault" is like calling murder, "assault and battery."

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I think GUNS and defence weapons were invented so that no horny imbecyl would do his way with you (as a woman...)
THE SOLUTION IS THAT guys that rape women and pedophiles should have their testicles and penises cut off!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
EVEN THERES NO CONCLUSION IF SHE WAS RAPED BY 200 MEN AND SURVIVE THE BRUTALITY [THING THAT I DOUBT FOR ANY WOMEN] OR SHE WAS PASS ON TO THE MOB TO TOUCH HER BRINGING SHAME ACCORDING TO ISLAM.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I’m not saying it was justified in any way. But LL was no saint.

She has been named as ‘the other woman’ in a divorce case.
The husband, who is her ex coincidentally, is one of two men she was having affairs with in Iraq at the same time. This prompted CBS to remove her from Iraq and replace her with Mandy something.

Can you say carma?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
As far as her being "uncorrupted" goes, I've seen her shill quite a few times.

That being said, it still doesn't make what happened to her right in any way.......for the record. And then that being said, the facts of this particular "assault" are still a little shaky. I wouldn't put anything past anyone I didn't personally know, especially those who report for the MSM.

Not casting aspersions, just sayin'.

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Are you aware Lara has had several sex scandals, including the destruction of a marriage? She ain't "untainted".

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

she has a beautifull body and face for 40 years old , but still I would walk with an magnum 44 if I were her...
by the way :

Hot Casing Down BRA!!! OUCH!!! ( 44 MAG & 357 MAG! )
www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
News flash: More than just this woman got sexually abused. The brown women just didn't get any TV coverage.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I wonder what the motive is for that. The only one I can think of is a fundamentalist Islamic one. For example,
"See? women who are too exposed in society are in danger. Therefore to protect yourself you should cover up and stay home."

I really cant see how sexual assault would benefit any political group other than a religious one.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

Were they news reporters too? Do you have any links to any stories? I would be interested to see them. Before I will accept that this is about race, I would want to see all other variables held equal. If there have been other female western news reporters raped or sexually assaulted, I will find it awfully suspicious that only beautiful blond Lara Logan is being reported. If they are just civilians, then I wont find it suspicious, or think it is a racist issue. Because thats a different story. The story they are selling us is that western media is under attack. The rape of Ms. Logan is just one part of a larger overall story they are telling us.

This whole situation in Egypt has a dirty feel to it. Something about it feels really manipulative, and staged, and just not right. But it also feels like there is some inside struggle about how to stage it. Its the weirdest media story I have ever watched unfold. And I cant figure out what they are doing, but I have little doubt they are attempting to get some emotional reaction from the general public. This is a game, and we the people are the ones being played.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
It wasn't rape. It was a sexual assault, but it was stated it was not rape. I wish people would look up their facts.

Now you're just splitting hairs. Rape and sexual assault are just that: assaults. Both are traumatic and devastating.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by rizla
It wasn't rape. It was a sexual assault, but it was stated it was not rape. I wish people would look up their facts.

Now you're just splitting hairs. Rape and sexual assault are just that: assaults. Both are traumatic and devastating.

i hope this helps to shed light on sexual assault.
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Lol. Bitter much?

Who cares if she slept around? You have to buy into the idea that a woman's value is tied up in her ability to provide a relatively untouched vagina to a man to care about her sex life. And personally, I dont think that.

Part of her appeal is that she is natural. Human. And that she DOESNT try to fit into the fake "ideal" of femininity.
I personally havent stolen someone elses mate, or cheated on mine, but I know enough people who have to know its complicated. And its not my place to sit in judgment.

And since you are so into "karma" I wonder what the karma is for gloating that someone got gang raped just because you dont approve of their personal private sex and love life.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

In some areas, men formed human chains, cordoning off groups of women and children from pushing hordes. But it wasn't enough protection, and women reported later that they were sexually harassed - stared at, shouted at, and groped - that night.

"All the men were very respectful during the revolution," said Nawla Darwiche, an Egyptian feminist. "Sexual harassment didn't occur during the revolt. It occurred during that night. I was personally harassed that night." During the uprising, women say they briefly experienced a "new Egypt," with strict social customs casually cast aside - at least among the protesters.

Young women in jeans and tight shirts smoked in public, standing next to bearded Islamists who didn't bat an eye.

Women who said they had never slept away from home before were spending nights in tents pitched in the center of the square, as protesters tried to maintain control of the strategic location. The women said at the time they felt perfectly safe, even bringing their children.

Egyptian women's rights campaigners now worry that the reprieve they experienced during the uprising was a fluke, and that their society will quickly revert to oppressive social mores that leave women vulnerable to sexual violence, with little recourse.

Women in Egypt - and in many areas of the Arab world - are still afraid to report sexual assault or harassment, fearing they and their families will be stigmatized, said Medine Ebeid of Egypt's New Woman Foundation.

Only rarely do women come forward. In a widely publicized 2008 case, a woman dragged her assailant to a police station, and succeeded in sending him to jail for three years.

The killing of women by male relatives for perceived violations of a strict moral code are often either covered up by the families or the assailants, if prosecuted, face light sentences.

Source

It wasn't just her. Why don't the civilians matter? I'm glad her story is getting out though. Maybe people will start to look at others who get sexually abused and not just the pretty white women.

Also I don't understand this thread. You think that there's a conspiracy to the Egyptian protests because this woman was sexually abused or something else? Egyptians rescued her...

edit on 18-2-2011 by Throwback because: Format

edit on 18-2-2011 by Throwback because: kfdlasfda

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

It matters that they are not reporters because it makes your claim of racism untrue.

Lara Logan is part of a bigger story of "western journalists being assaulted." Thats the underlying message, that someone in Egypt is willing to resort to horrific violence to keep the western media from doing its job.

Its not that civilians dont matter. Of course they do. Its just that you cannot in that case use the fact that they are not talking about civilian women being raped to support your belief that whites or the media is racist. They may be, but your evidence doesnt support that. It makes YOU look reactionary and agenda driven, as if you are just looking for reasons to cry racism.

You would have a much better case for saying the media is misogynistic. After all, comparing apples with apples, the media DID make a good deal of noise about how Mubarak supporters were perpetrating violence against the protesters. But they only showed men, with bloody heads. They really didnt talk at all about female protesters or civilians being raped. In fact your bringing it up was the first time I heard of it, so I am glad you did.

But in order to call your discrimination what it is, you need to compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges. What you are describing sounds like misogyny in this case. Not racism. And it does make you wonder, why ARENT they mentioning that women are being raped and sexually assaulted. It does make you question the medias motive.

And edit to add,

"Egyptians" are on both sides of a conflict arent they? One problem with people who get too fixated on racism is they see the world in black and white. You either are one, or the other. You are either Egyptian or not. But the truth is always more shaded than that. ALL whites arent one thing, all men arent one thing, all women arent one thing, and all Egyptians did not rescue her. Some raped and/or assaulted her, and some rescued her. People are individuals, and bigger groups can be broken down into smaller groups. And life is just not so simple you can make it all black and white. Us and them. You need to really look carefully.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join