It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ,Lara Logan, the only real " un-corrupted?" non-plastic icequeen female anchor got raped?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Of all attractive female anchors on mainstream media, this is one is rare that I have seen who acts like a normal human being, not a ritzy cold sculptured mannequin who acts like they've never taken a dump in their life, oh, and actually, she looks more down to earth than most of the men anchors too. Anybody recall how dishonest the anchor for the rigged CPAC Ron Paul piece looked? The best way I can explain her, is that she seemed " uncorrupted?"

I mean, I feel like this one wasn't tainted yet, whereas the other guys are? Was she not part of some in-crowd within the ranks?

Why do many other anchors tend to act smug, snarky, and yet know they can get away with it? Why are they so confident that they will keep their jobs with such attitudes? It's like somebody encourages the deceitful mentality around these places, but what am I saying, the CIA baddies are there giving the greenlight on what goes into the teleprompters so why am I surprised.

You put this girl next to any of these other emasculated female anchors, and she looks like a saint. See for yourself.

Hannity and Michelle Malkin, both fake, and Malkin you look plastic and sold out.

Why are they making a circus show out of this girl's terrible experience. This whole thing gives off the vibes of a virgin sacrifice or inititiation. Who were the guys who actually assaulted, how come somebody finally noticed, a little bit too late?

They had to let this happen to one of the few who was relatively normal compared to the rest of their plastic mannquins?

edit on 17-2-2011 by Pocky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

You lost me somewhere...

Are you saying pretty, natural, seemingly nice women don't usually get raped?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This news story is clearly DEBUNKED in my eyes.

The news is trying to create HATE and FEAR against Egypt.

In an event where there are easily 10,000 people with video recording cell phones and eye witness accounts, she just happen to get taken to a secret dangerous area?

They raped her AFTER the President stepped down? When they're celebrating??

They stayed peaceful for weeks in the face of military opposition BUT cannot resist blonde white women?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Two seconds from posting my thread, and you already posted a reply? Real ATS watchdogs for truth are quick, and the Cognitive Infiltration Trolls just as quick.

No, you didn't read my thread, but once you saw Lara Logan you jumped right on?

I don't understand how somebody didn't help her, and with the public circus that they are making of her experience, I'm afraid she might not ever go back to her job again and be one of the few rare down to earth news reporters.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Whew. From your title this thread could have gone another way. I'm glad it didn't.

Are you somehow under the impression that rape has to do with sexual attraction and lust? You do understand it is a violent act about one's cowardly power,feelings of inferiority and rage? It's perverted. Not really about sexual attraction at all.

I can't attest to the other anchors "corruptness", or non-corruptness, but this woman just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was with a team, but somehow became separated from them in the vast crowd. It was a terrible, terrible incident.

Apparently brutal. My prayers for her recovery from PTSD, which she will no doubt develop from this heinous assault.

ETA: Pocky, I'm not fussing at you. You are concerned for this woman, and I can see that. I just don't want you thinking the rape was due to her irresistible charms. That had nothing to do with it. It was an act of violence.
edit on 2/17/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I mean morally not corrupted. She seemed honest and not smug at all compared to many of the other female as well as men anchors. She just doesn't have that tense ego thing in her muscles.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Dude not everything is a conspiracy... the poor girl got raped stop making up stories u ignoranus!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Apparently the people who have responded to your post so far don't seem to get it. This was done to her as a warning to either get on board with the propaganda machine or get outa' town. It's that simple. Did I get it right OP?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I do understand what you are saying. She seems to be a good person and she didn't deserve this. No woman does. It's a case of "When bad things happen to good people". I am sure she will have tons of support systems, family, friends, doctors, therapists, and generally the best of care. My hopes are her recovery will be complete.

I edited my first post to you, also. I wanted to explain the dynamics behind rape. Plus, emotions were running very high in Egypt. It was dangerous from the outset. The other women were lucky it didn't happen to them too.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well I figured I would just address one of your issues.
Why is it that these people can say and expose people to such a smug attitude, and not get fired or bad press.
The media business, specifically the TV and some Radio, anchor wise, is all EGO relevant.
For example, talk radio hosts.
How good of a talk program would it be if some guy just agreed with everyone who called in.
How good of a talk program would it be if there was a guy who not necessarily believed in things, but is smart enough to defend the hard side of an argument.
Prime example is Bill Carol of News talk 1010,(he moved to an LA radio station) I don't believe he really believes in the stuff he projects, but he is good at arguing the side that is hard to argue for, even if it takes some ignorance.
Bill O'Rielly is a perfect example.
I bet he has a good laugh when he goes home, and talks about it with his buddies while puffing on a fatty about the pure BS he puts on to keep the artery clogged fox viewers hearts pumping.
Anchors are NOT your journalist.
Yeah sure there is the few we all secretly admire, however they are not your real researchers.
Though correspondents are a good mix between, because they do have to present them selves and their written pieces for a camera audience. Personally I don't think anyone who is used to being behind the big shiney glass anchor desks, should be in a conflict zone such as Egypt.. You need someone who KNOWS how to stand out and still blend in.. You have to think, who are these people going to target?
#1; WOMAN ARE ALWAYS A WEAK TARGET; and in Egypt I'm sure a white woman would be even more desirable. Lets leave all Barbra Walters and Katie Couric(SP?) back in America.
#2; EXPECT TO BE ATTACKED; have a plan. An ambush is a high probability. Think of multiple situations and multiple plans for each situation.
#3; CARRY BRIBE ITEMS; People in conflict zones often are just looking for something out of everything.
If it takes $200 US cash to save your self 5 hours in custody of out of control citizens, DO IT. Money is replaceable your life is not.
#4; KNOW YOUR BODY LANGUAGE; You can often save your self from a bad situation if you are watching others body language and keeping a good control of your own.

Sorry, daily rant.
(I'm a journalism student, who is currently learning a lot of correspondent do's and don'ts and the Anchor part was the first thing they teach you in broadcasting school.)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It wasn't rape. It was a sexual assault, but it was stated it was not rape. I wish people would look up their facts.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is the first I've heard of this story. I am shocked and saddened for Lara. Man oh man this makes me so sad. I pray for her friends and family to support her and love her and for Lara to have all the strength in the world to heal both physically and psychologically from this nightmare of experience.

This isn't about me, so I must let my anger flow through and away from me. But my natural instincts are to want to protect her like a sister or daughter, and to avenge her, but like I said, it's not my place.

She's so bright, and smart, and for people to be making jokes, or using her trama as a platform to move their agenda's forward sickens me even further.

I pray for Lara.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Apparently the people who have responded to your post so far don't seem to get it. This was done to her as a warning to either get on board with the propaganda machine or get outa' town. It's that simple. Did I get it right OP?

What you said definitely adds to my thoughts on why this even happened.

She just doesn't have that thing in common with the rest of the anchors that I've seen, it's like they are tainted, I can quite put my finger on it, to articulate it in a better way.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
This news story is clearly DEBUNKED in my eyes.

The news is trying to create HATE and FEAR against Egypt.

In an event where there are easily 10,000 people with video recording cell phones and eye witness accounts, she just happen to get taken to a secret dangerous area?

They raped her AFTER the President stepped down? When they're celebrating??

They stayed peaceful for weeks in the face of military opposition BUT cannot resist blonde white women?

Look into EVERY single news story about this event... they all say this happened when "she was seperated from her group" but how does this happen? A new crew over seas could be as many as 10 people. Camera man, audio man, shot director, cord carriers, ect. She just got seperated from the group all of a sudden ?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 17-2-2011 by 9Cib27 because: Posted Double

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
It wasn't rape. It was a sexual assault, but it was stated it was not rape. I wish people would look up their facts.

The news reports I've seen said it was a "sustained rape, with multiple participants". Rape is sexual assault.
There doesn't seem to be any question at this point that she was raped.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I think its just your taste in women, which I applaud by the way.

I often think some women look and act like drag queens. Too much makeup, too much concern with the hair, too much teetering on heels, too much of a lisp, gestures and behaviors too ritualized and fake, nowdays, too much botox and too little facial expression, and just.............too much. Over the top.

I personally like people, including women, who act and look like people. Not women. Not men. Not "trying" to hit some gender stereotype, just being who they are. Her hair isnt too much, her choice of clothing is professional not gaudy, she has more makeup than she needs, but its TV they often have people pack it on for them.

And thats the problem with a lot of TV males too. They are caricatures of human beings. Too fake. Too much hairspray, too much make up. Office males trying to act like cowboys or construction workers with their tough guy personas when you can tell by their pasty little fingers they never do anything physical.

Anyway. Just my take on it.

Im sorry that happened to her. But she doesnt look like the type who will cry about it long. She looks like she has some steel in her.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Pocky
Are you somehow under the impression that rape has to do with sexual attraction and lust? You do understand it is a violent act about one's cowardly power,feelings of inferiority and rage? It's perverted. Not really about sexual attraction at all.

I've heard that argument a lot. I've taken human sexuality courses, sociology courses, and majored in Psychology. I went to a very liberal school.

I completely disagree with that argument that sexual assault is somehow "not sexual".

There's something very naive about that argument. Very naive. Perhaps it's a misunderstanding.

While it is 100% true that sexual assault/rape is not "sexual" for the victim, to suggest there is NO sexual underpinnings in the attacker is false, misleading and, I believe, a dangerous oversight.

This Lara Logan story is a case in point. Notice that the ONLY person who was sexually assaulted by the group of 200 men was a woman? If it were ONLY violence, then why would the mob of men only have sexually assaulted HER, and not her entire camera news crew?

I realize this isn't the place to be arguing about this distinction, but you brought it up and I felt I needed to counter that point. It needs to be said.

However, that being said, it doesn't change any of the facts that Lara is a victim of a mob attack and several of those men in that mob were rapists/sexual offenders.

There is a dark side to humanity, and a dark side to human (male) sexuality. Most men don't exhibit those dark sides, but some do, and we see it all the time in the news.
edit on 17-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: ?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
Look into EVERY single news story about this event... they all say this happened when "she was seperated from her group" but how does this happen? A new crew over seas could be as many as 10 people. Camera man, audio man, shot director, cord carriers, ect. She just got seperated from the group all of a sudden ?

Have you ever been in an angry mob of people? 10 people could EASILY get over run by 200 people. Easily. I don't care if her camera crew were NFL linebackers, 10 people can take each guy down, and that still leaves 100 people to have their way with their target.

This isn't a conspiracy - it's a mob. Youtube the L.A. riots and you'll see some very crazy, ugly stuff go down.

Ever heard of the phrase, "There's power in numbers"? This story is exactly what that phrase applies to.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Hm, I should never say "never", about it not having to do with sexuality. However, it actually does have to do with power, aggression, and violence. It is not an act of sex as we think of it. It is intended to do harm.
And it does.

ETA: Sex is the weapon. It's beating someone up. You beat them up sexually. I know you know this.
edit on 2/17/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join