It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ,Lara Logan, the only real " un-corrupted?" non-plastic icequeen female anchor got raped?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure your description matches ANY newsanchor.

They all lobby to get their crap on the screen and shoot their pieces from extreme bias to get their point across, right or not. They have a job to do and sadly, some are propelled to fame by this. The motive of "fame" is not benign.

As far as her character, wasn't she caught sleeping with three different men (one of them married) and settled on the caveman looking grunt who knocked her up? I think he was a contractor, so the choice seems obvious (a slice of that no-bid contractor pie we taxpayers were robbed of). Not trying to bash her in a time of peril, but painting anyone on TV as "real" is a far shot from reality.
edit on 2/18/11 by Tharsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

You are confusing your idea (a very middle Eastern ideal) of "virtue" with "real" or "natural."

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Reposted from my other thread. There appear to be conflicting accounts of the attack. Here is just a small sample of contradictory reports. Take your pick.

The assault lasted for up to half an hour, but was not thought to be a rape.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

CBS News correspondent Lara Logan was assaulted and sexually abused by an Egyptian crowd last week during the celebration of President Hosni Mubarak's decision to step aside.
She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating.

abcnews.go.com...

CBS reporter Lara Logan was in Tahrir Square after Mubarak stepped down. In the frenzy that followed she was raped and beaten by the peaceful Egyptian protesters.

redwhitebluenews.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

How many white, Western, female reporters were over there anyway? I guess I need a brown reporter to get sexually abused before I can cry racism.

Seriously though think the ones who abused her were Mubarak's thugs or just some young testosterone filled boys who saw an easy target. I think the reason Fox News would make a circus of her would be because they're chauvinistic, but then again, I am biased.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

You dont seem to be understanding the argument. You need to compare apples with apples. The story about Laral Logan is about a western reporter being raped. Not just a white woman being raped. For all we know there may be other white skinned American and European women who have been raped during this. Its not about the color of the person raped. Its about the fact that a reporter was raped. Thats why the media is making it big news.

If you are just looking for a reason to cry racism, that could be why. It shouldnt be about that. Crying racism when it isnt makes people stop listening to the cry at all. There is plenty of real, actual, racism in the world. You dont need to fabricate any.

I have seen several non white female reporters covering stories in the middle east, so I know they exist. They often have reporters who are middle eastern cover stories from the region. Whether they are the type of reporter that gets right into the crowd, I dont know. Probably because they often speak the language and do interviews more easily. Or because the media just want to add legitimacy to the story by having someone from the region report it.

Its funny to me that you want to focus on the white vs brown aspect of it, rather than the male vs female aspect of it when misogyny and violence against women is so prevalent in the region.

www.npr.org...

In Iraq, I mourn not just the people I knew but that sense of promise that existed even in the toughest times in the 1990s that women could have an equal place in this society. There are no women in senior Cabinet positions in the latest Iraqi government. For a while they didn't even have a woman as Women's Affairs minister. Even more heartbreaking are the talented young women I meet here all the time who dream of being lawyers or doctors but can't because those are professions that would put them in contact with men.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wonder if Lara Logan was assaulted in order to keep people's attention diverted from this and what it means.

www.harassmap.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05aef4fbd975.jpg[/atsimg]

It's very typical of the western media to ignore the plight of thousands to focus on the plight of one attractive, photogenic star.

She might well be the flashy, attention getting hood ornament on a truckload of assaults carried out for a specific reason, but better left unnoticed lest they betray an important part of the workings of "regime change" in Egypt.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I was just kidding. My original point was that it's not just her. That's all.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I am glad throwback and you have brought up the other sexual assault issues. It really is something that is pretty odd, that we are just ignoring that.

In Iraq, we overturned a government, for western corporate interests, that kept religious extremists well under control, and under which women had opportunity. We also helped the Taliban gain a foothold in Afghanistan, and pushed womens rights into the dirt there.

It does sort of make you wonder what we might be doing in Egypt behind the scenes.

America has supported and put in place or kept in power some of the most anti female regimes in the world.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
People interested in why the globalists might have wanted to get rid of Mubarak should check out Webster Tarpley's website:

www.tarpley.net...

Us annoying trouble makers seem to have gotten the hang of tracking the NWO and their methodologies. There is a shorter lag time between the stunts they pull and our figuring out the whys and hows of their actions.
edit on 18-2-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Thats an excellent article. I had a feeling we were being punked there. I just didnt know why. I dont have the detailed knowledge of the politics there to put it all together. Just the general sense that for sure, the media was selling me something, and if that was the case, it was probably not good for the people of Egypt.

Thanks for linking to that. You might consider making a thread about the "real" agenda if you havent already.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
This is the first I've heard of this story. I am shocked and saddened for Lara. Man oh man this makes me so sad. I pray for her friends and family to support her and love her and for Lara to have all the strength in the world to heal both physically and psychologically from this nightmare of experience.

This isn't about me, so I must let my anger flow through and away from me. But my natural instincts are to want to protect her like a sister or daughter, and to avenge her, but like I said, it's not my place.

She's so bright, and smart, and for people to be making jokes, or using her trama as a platform to move their agenda's forward sickens me even further.

I pray for Lara.

Sorry, if she is so "bright" and "smart", why was she in the middle of a violent uprising in a foreign country? She knew the possible consequences. She demonstrated a huge lapse in judgment. I'm sorry she was assaulted. I'm also sorry she didn't use discretion.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

There is a book, "The Natural History of Rape", Biological Bases of SExual Coercion, by Randy Thornhill, that you should read. It is very interesting and raises a lot of questions and provoking thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join