It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ,Lara Logan, the only real " un-corrupted?" non-plastic icequeen female anchor got raped?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Wow. I just did some searching, because I only heard it referred to as sexual assault, but what some are saying is that it was a rape by at least 50 men lasting 3 hours.

Why isnt our media reporting it for what it is if this is the case? Because they dont want westerners to become incensed and stop supporting our government support of these animals?

Edit to add,

I really dont know. I am also seeing updated reports that state that she definitively was NOT raped. I dont think we have enough information, or should I say the information is too conflicting to say whether she was or not. I am guessing there is too much to gain either way from manipulating the story.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I think when most people hear the term "sexual" they think of positive, warm supporting relationships, hot/fun times with sexy people, etc.

There are others who when they hear the term "sexual" think biology, primitive behaviors, lower brain functions.

I fall in the latter group. Definitions of words are very important, and I believe that's where the misunderstanding is based.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

That's one too many that got away with it.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

What a piece of work. He really does sound bitter that she is going to get all the attention.

I wonder if he would be willing to go through whatever she went through to get that attention himself?

This really is a weird story, though. Its weird how there is so much conflicting information about something making such a big news splash.

CBS apparently, with her blessing, did confirm it was a gang rape, not just an "assault."

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am not sure what the purpose of the thread is but IMO the OP's assessment of Ms Logan was based purely on cosmetic and superficial factors. The entire premise seems sophomoric and juvenile.

Granted many find her attractive but she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I applaud her bravery, courage and credentials as a journalist. And as LIW pointed out rape is a crime of violence.

Sorry if I seem to be dissing the thread I suppose I just don't understand the goal or topic inspiring discussion.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I dont know, that he felt more sorry for her because she was someone he was more able to relate to as a human being?

I dont see whats wrong with that. Rape is wrong even when it happens to people we dont like, but we all are more touched by it if it is someone who strikes a certain chord in us. Why deny this? Why do you think prostitutes being raped dont make the news, but cute little sunday school teachers who get raped do? Its because its just a known fact that some people raise more sympathy when they are victimized than others do.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
OP is comparing apples to oranges......Logan is a reporter.......Maulkin is a conservative pundit.

Naturally a reporter is going to "try" to report news while keeping their emotions in check thus coming across as "the girl next door"...Whereas a pundit is apt to be more dramatic to their cause.....For example...Oberman....Mathews....Combs...ETC.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Thanks for the elucidation. That adds clarity.

Sorry OP, I'm in lala land tonight.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

I think when most people hear the term "sexual" they think of positive, warm supporting relationships, hot/fun times with sexy people, etc.

I agree. I think many people (often female) confuse sexual with romantic.

I tend to agree that rape is not just about power and humiliation per se. If so, why not rape a male? There is little more humiliating for a male than being raped. But few men do outside of prison situations, and in prison, it is also sexual.

So I agree that there is a sexual element to most rapes, and just because it doesnt make biological sense, (raping women past child bearing age, a common argument presented by sociologists) doesnt mean it isnt sexual. There is no biological sense in having sex with a Real Doll, or masturbating either, but you would be hard pressed to make a case for either not being sexually motivated.

And saying there is a sexual element to it does not in any way condone it. Explaining is not endorsing.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
All rape is sexual assault, but not all sexual assault is rape. There needs to be a differentiation between the two, especially in this case.

Presumably, being severely and brutally beaten and groped by a mob for half an hour is significantly less traumatizing than being gang-raped by a large number of people, for that long. That's a whole different story.
I am not saying that "It wasn't that bad" or anything like that, so please don't get the impression that I'm trying to downplay this. Personally, I believe that severe sexual assault and rape should be punishable by death.
But for the sake of getting the facts straight, it's important that we know which one of the two happened.

According to the NYTimes:
"The separation and assault lasted for roughly 20 to 30 minutes, said a person familiar with the matter, who added that it was "not a rape." "Source

It's the most specific account I can find, every other source seems to be content with using the very vague term "Sexual assault".

Edit:
I almost forgot. Many cultures were fond of raping their defeated enemies. Take the Vikings for example. It was quite common to anally (and by that I don't mean "thoroughly"... Although, now that I think about it...) rape ones foes after battle. I assume the exhilaration of winning a battle must have a very sexual feel to it. Also, if I remember correctly, the neurological reaction to extreme lust and physical thrill are very much the same. That would help explain how both sexual lust, and the lust for power often result in cases of rape.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Whipfather

I know. I find it very disturbing that the story is so not cohesive. I could understand if the media there and the media here had different versions of the story, but here in our media it seems like there are several versions of the story.

Its disconcerting. And I have to admit it makes me distrust any of the claims. The worst case scenario is horrific. Human beings that would do that to another person dont deserve to live. IMHO. But which version is true? That is the question.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm interested in this case but I don't have a television set, so I am completely unfamiliar with Ms. Logan. Has anyone seen her reports from Egypt? How would you characterize them?

I'm particularly interested to know if she deviated at all from the popular perception of the uprising as a spontaneous overflow of public discontent. I'm wondering if she was targeted because of the views she expressed. It would be easy to disguise a premeditated attack as a spontaneous unpremeditated one in those circumstances, that is, a large demonstration.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whipfather

I almost forgot. Many cultures were fond of raping their defeated enemies. Take the Vikings for example. It was quite common to anally (and by that I don't mean "thoroughly"... Although, now that I think about it...) rape ones foes after battle. I assume the exhilaration of winning a battle must have a very sexual feel to it.

Yeah, in many of those cultures the warrior classes slept with one another too. The guys on the same team were doing one another as well as raping their defeated enemies. Celts were famous for it. One Roman historian wrote about how insulted some visiting Celt leaders were that their hosts rebuffed their advances. Greeks also pretty famous for male bonding. Part of their rationale was that if your lover was on the battlefield with you, you would not dishonor yourself by running or behaving cowardly. I dont know about the vikings. Never really heard much about their brotherly love.

But, sex between males was not uncommon in some cultures, and so rape of other males isnt too surprising.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I think all the attacks on the media were premeditated. Including hers. I dont know if her sexual assault or rape was. But there is little question in my mind that the attacks on the media are meant to do something to the viewers. I am just not sure what.

It seems to me the media is painting the picture that the attacks are to intimidate the media and prevent them from telling the truth about Mubarak.

It could also be that the attacks are staged to make Mubaraks people look worse than they are.

Im very suspicious, personally, of the army. The friend of the people, the ones who after Ms. Logan was raped, "rescued her." If I suspected anyone of orchestrating things, it would be them, and the people who bribe them. And that would be western corporate interests.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
This news story is clearly DEBUNKED in my eyes.

The news is trying to create HATE and FEAR against Egypt.

In an event where there are easily 10,000 people with video recording cell phones and eye witness accounts, she just happen to get taken to a secret dangerous area?

They raped her AFTER the President stepped down? When they're celebrating??

They stayed peaceful for weeks in the face of military opposition BUT cannot resist blonde white women?

You sir, make me sick to my stomach. I cannot put into words the outrage I felt reading your disgusting post. Go make up all the nut case conspiracies you want, including a rape victim as the conspiracy cornerstone and deny the horrific ordeal she went through just to further your own narrow minded opinion is beyond low. I'm trying to be a civil as possible to abide by the rules here, but it's almost worth getting banned just to tell you what an awful person you are in much more vulgar words. How about you step back from your little conspiracy world and look and what you actually wrote, and the implications of it. You should be so ashamed of yourself. Wow........ I can't believe anybody else in this thread doesn't have a problem with what this guy said.

You and Nir Rosen must be best buddies, do you guys sit around with a couple of beers while reading rape stories and have a big laugh?

Alright, I'm done, I can't go on talking about this without totally loosing it...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
yep, the world needs her back...quickly...there is reports that the crowd was strangely not egyption, as if they were planted...evil has it's ways...the report is their accents were not egyption for the vast majority...this from a cairo resident news person

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
It could also be that the attacks are staged to make Mubaraks people look worse than they are.

Im very suspicious, personally, of the army. The friend of the people, the ones who after Ms. Logan was raped, "rescued her." If I suspected anyone of orchestrating things, it would be them, and the people who bribe them. And that would be western corporate interests.

Along those lines, people in this thread might be interested in another thread, Mubarak Downfall: Linked to Foreign Intelligence Agencies? featuring the following graph and some interesting statistics on sexual harassment in Cairo.

It seems that it is quite possible that agents provocateurs using the tool of sexual harassment were active in Cairo starting in November, 2010, attempting to raise the anger level among women in that city. This methodology seems to be a trademark of the people involved in "regime change" in Egypt.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The relevant information came from a website designed by Egyptian women to protect themselves from sexual harassment in the streets of Cairo. The site, www.harassmap.org features a map showing the frequency of sexual harassment in neighborhoods of Cairo. Starting in November of 2010 there was a dramatic upsurge of complaints registered by the website.

www.harassmap.org...

Could it be that politically motivated fake thugs went on a harassment campaign in Cairo, preliminary to the demonstrations against Mubarak, in order to increase the level of emotional upset preparatory to taking to the streets? I wouldn't doubt it.

If this is what happened, it would be reasonable to suspect that these complaint statistics show the tracks of intelligence agencies at work.

edit on 18-2-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

OMG are you serious. WTF is wrong with you people. What a disgusting thing to say. I bet reading stuff like this makes her feel great.

What benefit would making a small group of warped Egyptian men look like rapists achieve.

Have you read the story? While she was attacked by a small minority of the 10,000 strong crowd she was also, 'saved' by a group of Egyptian women and military personnel. There are rapists in every country I'm afraid to inform you.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

This news story is clearly DEBUNKED in my eyes.

The news is trying to create HATE and FEAR against Egypt.

In an event where there are easily 10,000 people with video recording cell phones and eye witness accounts, she just happen to get taken to a secret dangerous area?

They raped her AFTER the President stepped down? When they're celebrating??

They stayed peaceful for weeks in the face of military opposition BUT cannot resist blonde white women?

Look into EVERY single news story about this event... they all say this happened when "she was seperated from her group" but how does this happen? A new crew over seas could be as many as 10 people. Camera man, audio man, shot director, cord carriers, ect. She just got seperated from the group all of a sudden ?

Absolute rubbish. There would have been 3 of them that moved into the crowd. We would have seen a hell of a lot of T.V crews if they were all 10 strong from around the world. Are they all driving mini buses with special storage for all the equipment you are talking about.

Your attitude is abhorrent.

edit on 18/2/2011 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
You're all sick in the head, a woman got raped. Is it not bad enough that this happened, for any length of time, to her, but now she will also have to come back to a world that is speculating about the matter. I feel sorry for her. I hope she is well, or as good as she can be.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Slipdig1 because: i have bad grammar use

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join