It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge to Christians: Prove the Bible is True

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by fordrew

Let's go back to that note of mine re Constnantine and the people who determined that certain books should be banned from the Bible. Were they guided by God? Or were they guided by Rome's desire to control?

What about James...that would be King James VI of Scotland - my homeland. His was the authorised version. Was he guided by God or the desire for power and control?

edit on 17-2-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

Lol, no one can say, not even you. No one knows whats in one man's heart except God. Maybe he had pure intentions, maybe he lusted for power. Throughout the existence of christianity there have been always been men who would seek to use it for their own agenda and not what Christ commanded and these men will have their reckoning in the end to be sure. Do not make the mistake of judging the whole for what others have done.

As with any religion, there will always be people on the other side of the fence. On one side of christianity you have catholicism, on the other side of the fence you have protestants. Gnosticism is a dangerous path to walk, but i think that Valentinus' teachings in the Gospel of Truth are probably closest to what really happened. Christianity isnt a religion, its a way of life as proscribed by Jesus. The book of John clearly states that Christ was the bible made flesh, that Jesus is the Word of God and Jesus himself said "I have come NOT to do away with the Old Law (OT) but to fulfill it". Ultimately i believe that not only are we to obey Christ's teachings, but also to believe that he is the savior, the messiah. John the Baptist wrangled over wether or not Jesus was the messiah or just a prophet and Jesus (Yeshua) gave him proof.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

When working with the pubic one is advised to avoid certain topics including, sex, religion and politics. People tend to hold fairly entrenched and fairly strong views on these topics. That makes them interesting subjects for debate. What's lame about that?
edit on 24-8-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

When working with the pubic one is advised to avoid certain topics including, sex, religion and politics. People tend to hold fairly entrenched and fairly strong views on these topics. That makes them interesting subjects for debate. What's lame about that?
edit on 24-8-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

'its not what you do,
But the way that you do it...'

...lame...peurile...
Take your pick...

One gets the feeling,
That one is standing in mock...

Mockery aint debate,
No matter which way you spin it.

Akushla

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Have you actually read this thread? If you take the time to read some of the earlier posts you'll see that there have been some very interesting and diverse views voiced here. I posed three questions. the second was in the negative. If a contributor can come on this thread and prove a negative I will be exceptionally impressed by their debating skills.

This was never meant as an exercise in mockery - just thought provoking debate. Chill

<< 8  9  10   >>

join