It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Totally Refuted! (Do not post Zeitgeist BS ever again)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

you are truly lost and missing the point. none of those religions matter, they're made up. the behavior of the sun is real, and is the real source of life on this planet. agreed?

why would we divide ourselves and worship nonsense instead of come together and worship reality?

i don't care about what you BELIEVE, i care about what is REAL.
edit on 17-2-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Actually I didn't miss the point. You said that the claim that Zeitgeist made about Christianity and Judaism being solar worshiping religions was true. I provided evidence to the contrary and now you are being evasive.

edit on 17-2-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36

Actually I didn't miss the point. You said that the claim that Zeitgeist made about Christianity and Judaism being solar worshiping religions was true. I provided evidence to the contrary and now you are being evasive.

evasive? my first post was all about how the nuances and details of these individual religions have no bearing whatsoever in reality, and are not the point at all of that segment of zeitgeist that you picked apart. and that the real message of that first segment of zeitgeist was that we need to believe in the sun and reality and something we can all know and understand. i'm not being evasive at all, you're the one that is bringing these things up that are evading the major point of that segment of zeitgeist, you're the one leading everyone astray. and i said quite a few things in my original post that you didn't take the time to respond to, i came to your thread so you could show me the same courtesy by listening to what i have to say rather than parrot more of this trivial divisive religious nonsense.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

That is unless your point was that diatribe about the virtues of worshiping a ball of gas that will destroy all life on Earth in a few hundred million years... yeah, I caught that too, I'm just not sure how to address that.
Addendum: Smarminess works

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Yeah, we should all just worship the big ball of gas at the center of the solar system. That's constructive! Who needs objective morality anyway, or a confusing omnipotent creator? We have a giant ball of gas that provides us with warmth, sunny days, and skin cancer. It doesn't demand any higher conduct of us and we can project any personality we want on to it. I think the Sun's name is Harold and he says it's ok to be a pedophile if you use a condom. What a wise philosophy that is.

Can we get back on topic please? If you don't care about the claims of Zeitgeist then you're in the wrong thread.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

That is unless your point was that diatribe about the virtues of worshiping a ball of gas that will destroy all life on Earth in a few hundred million years... yeah, I caught that too, I'm just not sure how to address that.

sorry, but that's reality. you fear the end of earth through natural consequences so your egos make up stories that will appease that fear. the sun exploding is nature, it's reality. seriously, you are too emotional and lost to try and have an intellectual conversation with.

sorry but what is more logical, making up stories and killing eachother over them, or embracing reality? believing all the insane nonsense and crippling fears a religion instills in you, or accepting death with life and loving while we can. you can't escape death, our sun can't escape death, and you simply want there to be more because you are afraid, so you tell yourself stories.

this post of your i'm quoting and replying to is the essence of what is wrong with you and all these religious fanatics.

you need to actually start over, because there is no logic in your argument, and no reasoning.

-the intention of that segment of zeitgeist was to send the message that most religions have similar origin. so the ones that don't actually have solar origins are irrelevant, because zeitgeist is making this point to illustrate that they all come from reality, the very real sun. it is what unifies us, it is real, it behaves in a way we can trace and therefore we can benefit immensely from knowing it, in very real ways by growing very real crops and eating and thriving because we understand it.

-the intention of that segment of zeitgeist was NOT to get it's facts about particular religions wrong. but it did, and that's ok, because they aren't making any life altering claims about them, because the point remains the same, we need to be one with eachother. and we can forgive zeitgeist for gettin those things it get incorrect, and move on, because the message is what is most important, and we shouldn't try to publicy execute all credibility it has because your ego lost it's effing mind and missed the entire point, and/or can't deal with a rewiring paradigm shift such as accepting everything you believe is a fairy tale lie and your true god and life is the sun, in this solar system, in this galaxy, in this universe.

so start over, and tell me where you end up. you are most definitely arguing from emotion, and bruised ego, otherwise you wouldn't have such a huge chip on your shoulder. and proving these (truly) trivial things wrong is nothing short of intellectual masturbation. it's like... "ok? you didn't get the point of that segment huh? you truly just wasted your time."

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I so object, when someone decides they don't agree with something and then try and force feed their opinions onto others!!!

Zeitgeist carries a really eye opening message and I, with thousands of others, can appreciate and accept what they are saying. They speak more truth than any religion ever has. The problem is, too many people, you included, have been brain washed by the powers that be, and anything that doesn't conform to that doctrine, must be trash.

Follow your teachings, believe your beliefs, and leave others to follow theirs!

The Zeitgeist films are detailing truths about religion, money and governments, and the corruption and con we are all victims of. They have a voice, and to trash it is ignorant and shows ones vision and thought processes to be tunnelled.

Money IS the route of all evil, and all the different kinds of religion have done nothing for the people of this planet, other than to cause war and hatred. If we still worshipped the sun and the elements, maybe we would have not destroyed this wonderful planet, and instead treated it with respect and perhaps fear.

The universe and mother earth will seek its revenge... and no religion will stop that.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Brilliantly written and so to the point. I love it. Well done Shagreen!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Yeah, we should all just worship the big ball of gas at the center of the solar system. That's constructive! Who needs objective morality anyway, or a confusing omnipotent creator? We have a giant ball of gas that provides us with warmth, sunny days, and skin cancer. It doesn't demand any higher conduct of us and we can project any personality we want on to it. I think the Sun's name is Harold and he says it's ok to be a pedophile if you use a condom. What a wise philosophy that is.

Can we get back on topic please? If you don't care about the claims of Zeitgeist then you're in the wrong thread.

WOW dude. good thing my first quote caught what you originally said so people can go back and look at the insane ramblings you edited into it. you are the most emotionally compromised piece of work. you do NOT need to be on this website, you are actively polluting it with ignorance and the most OUTRAGEOUS emotional arguments ever. i'm not even going to touch the abjectly outrageous and arbitrary pedophile s### you threw in there to make the sun look bad (are you serious?), but the skin cancer thing is absolutely wrong. the sun does not cause skin cancer, your health, diet, and excercise (lack thereof, rather) does though.

i'm getting a mod in here.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Provide ONE example! One example of a claim from Zeitgeist concerning supposed connections between Ya'hshuah and other deities and/or sun worship that is true.

That is the purpose of the thread. This has nothing to do with Zeitgeist's philosophy that it tries to impose on Christianity and Judaism.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

if it can be backed up where are the references to scholar material (not wiki)

Again. Watch the video, it had no lack of reference or validity in the references or the reputation of the scholars quoted.

Zeitgeist was created to persuade people into 'believing ' in a one world order'. Once the TPTB get us all believing in one religion - or one lack or religion, they can only control us all the better. For you who think religion controls the masses? The lack of it = Devastation.

peace

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Provide ONE example! One example of a claim from Zeitgeist concerning supposed connections between Ya'hshuah and other deities and/or sun worship that is true.

That is the purpose of the thread. This has nothing to do with Zeitgeist's philosophy that it tries to impose on Christianity and Judaism.

Applause to you.

One of the quotes from the movie I so enjoy.

In regard to those who gripe about the gospels historian Michael Grant writes, and I quote:

'But above all if we apply to the New Testament as we should the same sort of criteria that we should apply to other ancient writings containing historical material we can no more reject Jesus's existence than we can reject the existence of a massive pagan personages whose reality as historical figures is never questioned.’

peace

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I'm insane? I was responding to your off topic rant about how we should all worship the sun with the sarcastic answer it deserves. That "pedophile ****" comment was an example of moral relitivism. You are not contributing to the thread in the least. If you like the Zeitgeist philosophy and think it's ok for them to lie their faces off to make a point, fine, leave.

However, if you can actually back up any of the claims Zeitgeist makes about Christianity; present your case and we can have an actual on-topic debate.

Don't turn this thread into a flame war.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

reply to post by ckitch

i understand what the purpose of this thread is. so let me engage it:

-you gave us videos of someone bashing the trivial nuances that have nothing to do with the message of zeitgeist
-you then expect what, us to be amazed or agree with you? and if we don't agree with you, then you will try to tell us otherwise?
-the video is already there, so i mean, OBVIOUSLY we can't argue with you. this thread is solely intended to bash a misunderstood message from zeitgeist

unfortunately all the work you've done has come out of complete misunderstanding, so i'm not being off topic when i try to show you what zeitgeist intended, and you being unwilling to see that flaw in your plan/logic is extremely shortsighted and not conducive or constructive at all to everyone's betterment.

you have a fundamental flaw in your work, and i'm sorry, but everything you've researched is essentially irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by zerbot565

if it can be backed up where are the references to scholar material (not wiki)

Again. Watch the video, it had no lack of reference or validity in the references or the reputation of the scholars quoted.

Zeitgeist was created to persuade people into 'believing ' in a one world order'. Once the TPTB get us all believing in one religion - or one lack or religion, they can only control us all the better. For you who think religion controls the masses? The lack of it = Devastation.

peace

uh, ok well can you please show me the evidence of that claim? where is the evidence of the claim that zeitgeist is a tool of the NWO? seriously.

worshipping the sun is not a religion, it's reality. it's the lack of distraction. it's clear thinking, it's not believing in anything at all, because there is only nature to know. a people that think like that can't have the wool pulled over their eyes. the lack of religion would not bring devestation, it would bring enlightenment and peace, religion is the tool of the NWO, to say otherwise is ludicrous in my opinion. divide and conquer, divide and conquer. just because at the end of their game, there is only the NWO reigning, doesn't mean that zeitgeist manifested big brother's destiny, there can be two seperate scenarios, you know?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

It happens to be relevant to me, because not only does the movie slander my Messiah, but I have to refute these falsehoods again and again from it's fans that don't bother to research. I don't care about the guy's psuedo-religious philosophy, he's entitled to his beliefs. I do care when he exalts his philosophy on a mountain of lies about my religion and misleads impressionable people in the process.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

edit on 17-2-2011 by shagreen heart because: whatever, not worth it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Freemasonic influences in the zeitgeist movement: zeitgeistmovements.wordpress.com...
There you go. His utopian ideal is also rather Illuminist in nature.

Still off topic; this is conjecture, the thread is about facts, which is why I've restrained myself up until now from discussing Peter Joseph's occult influences.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

man you're funny...
I too watched the zeitgeist but really left me "un-affected"

Not many things "move me" anymore...
Every new thing must be studied carefully not take it for granted ...
In the meantime I stick with what I was born and what I KNOW IT'S GOOD FOR ME:
Jesus!
Anything else is annoying

In the end I "presume" that all religions pray to the same "thing" that created this world...
By the way , did I mentioned that I THINK THIS WORLD IS AN ILLUSION/FAKE?
Good day!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Yes I came to that conclusion and I found a lot of faults in that book, but at the same time I found it beneficial for cutting through the bull. The main purpose of zeitgeist in my opinion was to simply to learn to question what has been accepted throughout time by many. Cutting through lies liberates us from them, the more we become proficient in doing this we can leave "belief" behind. This gives us the space to experience direct knowing which has always been superior in every way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join