It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Enlightened and the 'Ego' Complex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I really should be working but this is coming to me here and now so I'll make up to working 2x faster!

There's lots of talk about how one is better off then the other when it comes time to 'wake up' to who we really are, that there's something beyond what our eyes can manifest, our noses can smell, our mouth can taste, etc. It's just another layer of the ego, thinking it's better off. Really. not one of us is any better then a child in Africa or America, a hooker, a banker, a wise old woman to a person who relies only on their sense to see their surroundings. You and I and Yeshua are all the same as the very atoms that are in granola bar wrappers to the fish of the ocean. Everything is what it is for us to see and learn. Ya I'm preaching some starchild # now.
Even Starchildren, a Pleadian one myself, I thought shouldn't make any mistakes because we're suppose to be perfect. But in essence, we do just to learn.

I don't think anyone can deny there's more 'loonies' today preaching about us being spiritual beings like only Yeshua believed at the time. But look around you, how many now believe they are spiritual beings? So many..! And how many people does it take to merely change the world? One! Yet how many are awake now? Oh so many. Probably even more then needed! You see, what we all perceieve as the end of all be all, is actually the learning phases. There's a 1000 year 'golden age' which is to enjoy our experiences then after that, it's to learn some more, at least in this 3rd density duality. The world is definetly changing, and yes the 'Elites' are so into their physical enjoyments of pain, pleasure, greed, and the like, there'll be a time when they'll face themselves, and we're them just as they are us. When you look beyond, past the pain and fear, you see that there really is nothing to fear, it's just the ego that is the sort of 'physical soul' that we've incarnated with, that can't see beyond your own senses. It relies on the taste of food, the pleasures of sex, the lust and greed, to survive. Some get caught up in it, some don't. Who's to say if that's right or wrong? I believe it to be wrong yes and hope to help out the ones who are suffering from it soon enough, but in the end, all is all irregardless of what stage in life we're at.

Just wanted to mention that as there's lots of talk about how 'i'm more enlightened then them' when really, it's just another layer of the ego.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

I agree more, and more people are realizing there is a lot more going on then meets the eye. I am one of them. For the longest time I scoffed at talk like this. I scorned those who lauded it, and I think deep down it was because I was jealous. No more though. The divine has helped me see what I truly am, and what I am truly capable of. There is no wrong path in life, but there are consequences. It is not my place to judge others because they are where they need to be. It is easy to get into the ego mind. Everyone does it. You must be always on the guard because without even realizing it you can start to think your the shizznit for being spiritual. As soon as you begin to look down on anyone you have taken a step back.

Thanks for the post.
Peace and enjoy the ride

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
while i appreciate the need to value all forms of life, and all persons, equally, i sincerely believe that this is only HALF of the equation.

part of the disease that plagues modern society is the idea that there is no such thing as "better than" or hierarchy. this is simply not true. there are many ways of life, philosophies, and technologies which have clearly been shown to be more effective at allowing humanity to express its fullest potential.

the reason that this has happened is that hierarchical structures have done a lot of damage to people in the past (see: slavery, the holocaust, and the roman catholic church.)

while it is important to not devalue psycho-social structures that are "lower" on the ladder, it is important to not give so much credence to that thought that you remain muddled in lower thought-forms.

there is a very real hierarchy of values system. but it is often, in the new age, forgotten.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

I think if any feel they are more enlightened then others that is a slip into ego. I also feel those who are will do their best to awaken others and will remain = to those new to becoming enlightened. So to me those who feel they are more aware and just use it as a way to say they are better are only lowering their density.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

what you have said is only true if those people you speak of are seeking a position of domination.

it is very important to recognize that there is a valid heirarchy in spiritual matters.

as a student, if you were to approach a guru with the attitude of "you are no better than i am", he would likely dismiss you as an indignant and overgrown two-year-old. in this way, the ego is just as likely to keep you mired in the lower "densities" with no escape.

besides. who are YOU to dictate and qualify the actions of someone who is supposedly "enlightened"? sounds to me like YOU are the one with the agenda.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

what you have said is only true if those people you speak of are seeking a position of domination.
it is very important to recognize that there is a valid heirarchy in spiritual matters.

I can understand this with the student and teacher aspect, fully. I am more less speaking of the mindstate that you may know more then me and throw it in my face to appear higher then the.

Originally posted by tgidkp
besides. who are YOU to dictate and qualify the actions of someone who is supposedly "enlightened"? sounds to me like YOU are the one with the agenda.

Well first I am me. I am not the to dictate any actions. I am commenting on what I have observed as a member on how people who feel they are enlightened (some) tend to throw it out there how much more they are with it. Others I have observed seem to possess a REAL compassion for LIFE and ALL around them those are the types that I tend to pay more attention to in reference to enlightened or aware ect. ect. ect. -k-

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
Even Starchildren, a Pleadian one myself, I thought shouldn't make any mistakes because we're suppose to be perfect.

Sounds like you're the one with the Ego Complex. What makes you believe that you're Pleiadian?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

Very well said. I've have fallen into that trap before and it's taken me quite a number of years to be aware of it. Not that I ever considered myself "enlightened" (which is IMO subjective), but rather believing myself to be 'more advanced" than your average joe. Now I realized that everyone is where they are because that is where they are suppose to be at this given moment. The Ultimate Truth (again IMO) is we are all levels at all times at once, but our human limitation (which I believe is possible to overcome) "prevents" us from seeing that. The everyday truth is we are all at different levels of consciousness, but that does not make one better than the other as you wouldn't consider a highschooler better than a kindergardener. Time and choice (or free will) are major factors along with all other external factors that are mentioned constantly (culture, religion, socio-economics etc..) and internal factors (mental sanity, genetics, intelligence, temperment etc..) that combine to make each and everyone of us unique creations/individuals.

I must admit in my early 20's (I'm 32) I was taken by New Age beliefs, because it was fresh and new to me and resonated with me stronger than other religious beliefs. I am thankful for that because it pointed me towards the "right" direction, but as with all belief systems it can have the ability to "pigeon hole" mentalities and close off counter and even new ideas. I currently hold no beliefs in particular, only the belief that comes with experience and/or intuition such as interconnectiveness, a belief that there is purpose and higher levels of consciousness, and that consciousness does not cease when we die. All other things I keep flexible. Where does ego lie in all of this? Well letting loose the want of being right and proving others wrong, and accepting the world as is, without becoming complacent (working towards making a difference that will help human beings) was the first step for me. Once I stopped trying to spread my truth and started helping people think for themselves for them to come to their own conclusions (even if counter to whatever I believed in) I felt good. And feeling good deep down and not a 5 senses way is what it is all about at least for me.

TL
R version
No one is perfect, it is that way for a reason. Work on yourself, use introspection, and experience what you believe, because if you can't put to use what concepts you have in your mind, then they stay concepts. Accept everyone as they are and bless yourself and them knowing that this is what brings novelty, newness and creation. The world we be a boring place if everyone acted the same lol. Sooner or later we all will find harmony and balance myself included when the "time is right", and everything will make sense.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Seems like everyone wants to be either Jesus, or Elvis, or Marilyn Monroe. Enlightened? I'll just be happy when I'm finally completed.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The ego can never be truly enlightened, although many people try to channel light through the ego, and fail to channel it through the rest of thier being.
edit on 17-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join