It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 272
<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hello all,

I've given our visitor a chance to reply.
I suggest we wait and see.
Westcoast has started a thread and if any of you want to speculate, I suggest we do it there.
Afterall, this is a thread about Akansas, and swarm earthquakes, fracking, injection and things related to it.

I'll glady engage a discussion about this post if, and when, I see how it is related in any way.

There are mistakes in the post. I don't want to explain.

Oh gosh, I was just about to go into a long rant on such and such. Please don't make me do it.

ERRR. Stop me. Please let it go, or take up Westcoast on her offer.

The swarm in Arkansas has stopped. There hasn't been a quake in over a week.
Oh, I love you too Rosie.

So, please stop.

There's lots of micorsiesm noise on the Arkansas graphs. That's interesting.
(shut up robin)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I hope this is OK. Im a lurker from the Fukushima thread. Since there is interest in o&g ops doing EQ damage, I thought I'd post this. This is bits and pieces from a report I did two years ago concerning oil and gas operations (O&G ops) and their ability to trigger EQs. I didn't have time to break it down further.

The o&g boys have known since the early 1900's that drilling caused EQs. We now suspect that there are numerous activities associated with the o&g biz that can induce EQs or add stress to the lithosphere. All of this information has been presented repeatedly to the MMS, USGS etc and no one seems to care.

----------------------------------------
Geological Impacts Generated from O&G Operations

Since the 1920’s science and industry have known that oil and gas extraction and fluid injection can cause earthquakes, as these processes change the pressure within fault lines (Yerkes and Baker 1976). The oil industry has even looked into the threat of liability should an earthquake they start cause damage (Cypser and Davis 1998).

Hydrocarbon extraction can trigger or induce seismic instabilities at both the local and regional scale. Hydrocarbon extraction causes both a) pore pressures to decrease, triggering adjustments of the geological structure in response to this depletion and b) crustal readjustments due to the removal of load from the upper crust, leading to large earthquakes (> M 6) at great distances from the hydrocarbon field.

Fluid injection also induces earth movement. Local hydraulic fracturing due to fluid injection induces seismic-slip on cracks within the injected reservoir through decreasing the effective stress. (Grasso 1992, Chen and Nur 1992, Segal et al 1994, Segall 1989). However, Sze found a strong correlation between earthquakes and gas production, but not as much for injection and production, and none for just injection (Sze 2005) suggesting that extraction was the main driver for earthquake induction in these processes.

Grasso and Sornette reviewed major cases of induced seismicity caused by O&G operations in various parts of the world and found that pore pressure changes from these operations are sufficient to trigger seismic instabilities in the uppermost crust with magnitude ranging up to 7.0 in otherwise historically aseismic areas. These observations suggest that a significant fraction of the crust is not far from instability and can thus be made unstable by minute perturbations (Grasso and Sornette 1998). In areas with known seismic activity and earthquake potential like the SAF and CSZ, this threat is magnified, and the possibility of inducing even larger earthquakes than M 7.0 must be assumed.

Geologic Dangers From Seismic Exploration

Seismic testing is considered an integral part of O&G exploration. So much so, that the recent government report from the Council on Environmental Quality, when addressing the use of anthropogenic sound for offshore minerals exploration, stated; "Societal benefits from the full spectrum of sound-producing activities should be considered along with, and not overshadowed by, any potential negative impacts of those activities" (JCOST 2009). In other words, it doesn't matter how bad the negative impacts might be, they will never be important enough to stop the use of this exploration tool. The reason for this is simple. Without it, the O&G industry wouldn't be able to locate offshore oil and gas deposits.

The most important thing to understand when considering effects from seismic exploration is knowing that the main tool used is seismic waves. This needs to be underlined and highlighted with exclamation points. As stated repeatedly above, seismic wave energy has been shown to add stress to fault zones and trigger other earthquakes, even hundreds of miles away. Yet, for oil and gas exploration, massive continuous bursts of both P and S seismic wave energy is applied thousands of times to stress zones in a given area. When one considers the fragility of the tectonics in the SAF, MTJ, and CSZ, this use of low and high frequency sonar in these areas would have to be likened to using a match as a light source to see how much gas is inside a gas can.

Longitudinal P-waves generated by earth movement and the sounds we hear are both forms of energy expressed as a compression waveform created by the vibration of objects, the only difference being the level of magnitude and frequency. P-waves generated in an earthquake are extreme low frequency (primarily

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Do you mind if I share this information with others outside of ATS?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Wow, Z!

I've said it a few times in the Fukushima thread, but I'm gonna say it again here.

YOU ROCK!

I know I got your attention for something else, but that post you made was certainly fitting and full of good information which is very pertinent to this particular thread.

Susan, I generally don't like speaking for other people, but I think Z shared that so it would be available to a wider audience. He might even be persuaded to share the entire contents of his referenced report to you if you ask.

Knowing what you've been going through, I am sure that information would come in incredibly handy in your fight.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Have to agree with you Jade. So far this report is great and I thank Z for sharing this much of it. I'm impressed but will wait on his response before sharing it with others.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Maybe a gamma ray burst?
What?
How does this tie into an earthquake prediction?
Here is a link to real time gamma ray bursts map.
grb.sonoma.edu...
And this deserves it own thread like in space and exploration.Have at it guys and gals.

It appears to me as if this link has already been blocked out. It may be my connection that is being blocked, but it returns me a 403 Forbidden error.

I think we need to always copy the important data BEFORE we place links on here, otherwise the spying eyes will see what we have posted and take steps to close the loopholes. It is easier for them to close up a source rather than close down discussion.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

The link is up and working again and showing GRB GRB today @ 01:52

GBR20110827A

edit on 27-8-2011 by Cherryontop because: correction

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Have to agree with you Jade. So far this report is great and I thank Z for sharing this much of it. I'm impressed but will wait on his response before sharing it with others.

Susan, yes, any of my work is for use by anyone who will put it to good use. Thank you. I U2Ud you and we'll get the report up. Itll take a couple of hours before Im back home.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Weird. Went to do an edit and got told that it was past 4 hours, but it wasnt. Oh well.

Cant find a facebook page to upload to. if anyone has any ideas, Ill post my report. I had a website once but it kept getting taken down and I gave up on it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
Weird. Went to do an edit and got told that it was past 4 hours, but it wasnt. Oh well.

Cant find a facebook page to upload to. if anyone has any ideas, Ill post my report. I had a website once but it kept getting taken down and I gave up on it.

Hey zworld...

We have a group on Facebook that we started from this thread. How about posting it in there?

Group Name:

Friends of Arkansas Against Fracking

Not sure if this link will work, but let's give it a go....

Facebook Group - Friends of Arkansas Against Fracking

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

UR, have sent the report to Susan and it should be available soon. I also sent her another report that may even be more helpful in your fight. It concerns nonylphenol (NP), which as the science grows, appears to be one of the most, if not the most toxic substance ever created. In the form of nonylphenol polyethoxylates, it is one of the most essential chemicals to the chemical industry, as it is the only chemical that beaks down the oil and water barrier completely. Its in so many products that we dont know and millions we do know about. People worry about BPA in plastic, but NP is also in all of these products, in greater quantity, and is many times more endocrine toxic than BPA. But industry wants people to focus on BPA because as soon as its banned they have a substitute for it that is also toxic, and that we will subsidize because we were such meanies forcing them to stop using BPA. Thats how the chem game is played.

But there is no substitue for NP that does the same job, and without it the chem folk are up SCWAP.

To make a long story short, its used in almost every stage of every o&g operation, and Ive no doubt its used in fracking. Ill find out more.

Really bad stuff.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hi Z and everyone.

I posted the two reports sent me here. You can go download them to your pc they are in .pdf so you need adobe reader to view them.

www.heartthrobsschipperkes.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Hi Z and everyone.

I posted the two reports sent me here. You can go download them to your pc they are in .pdf so you need adobe reader to view them.

Thanks Susan. They are where they are supposed to be and that feels good. If I can be of any service in your groups work, please dont hesitate to ask. Its what I live for.

z

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Hi Z and everyone.

Thanks Susan. They are where they are supposed to be and that feels good. If I can be of any service in your groups work, please dont hesitate to ask. Its what I live for.

ON EDIT: sorry about the double post. It took almost 10 minutes for this post to load, and I hit the button twice to make sure it would. But this has become typical for me whenever I try and get on ATS now. It takes longer and longer. Is this just a problem ATS is having from too many of us posting and being on line. Only happens here. Hmmmmm?
edit on 28-8-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Your welcome Z. Never know I may need some future help and willing to do my part to help others. I also think the delay's are tied into the storms and outages on the east coast. Slowing things up a lot.

edit on 28-8-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
National EMP Recognition Day: The Threat That Can't Be Ignored. This video is an hour and a half long.

www.heritage.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Thanks Zworld for great infos! That link will now be included in the reference bibliography. It is in the process of being updated again. I got about 40 pages to review and check links and materials on, but will give you the existing link for whats currently our Bibliography for this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I encourage all of you who may not have seen this to check it out. Also any suggestion/changes you think need to be made please U2U me. Any resources you would like to have included please post in your discussion posts, links work best for my information/data gathering.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
OK,wow we are under siege here locally from the csg mining companies,Sth Gippsland Australia,farming country.
Like NSW and QLD they are moving in.
We are currently forming a group to tackle this issue in our community,thank you to all that have supplied info here.
ZWORLD that is a brilliant piece,and i would really like to share this with my community,with your consent.

These people www.leichhardtresources.com.au...
(fish creek project)

and these people www.mantlemining.com...
have their sights on my friends 10acre property in mirboo nth

Read here, thestar.com.au...

Phil and I are getting together to promote community awareness as a start.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
OK,wow we are under siege here locally from the csg mining companies,Sth Gippsland Australia,farming country.
Like NSW and QLD they are moving in.
We are currently forming a group to tackle this issue in our community,thank you to all that have supplied info here.
ZWORLD that is a brilliant piece,and i would really like to share this with my community,with your consent.

These people www.leichhardtresources.com.au...
(fish creek project)

and these people www.mantlemining.com...
have their sights on my friends 10acre property in mirboo nth

Read here, thestar.com.au...

Phil and I are getting together to promote community awareness as a start.

Yes, feel free to use as needed. and if you need more help you can always U2U me.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Thank you very much Zworld.We have a long battle ahead just like all the other groups,i will keep ats updated.
We DO have the EPA on our side mounting the legal case,at present community awareness is our goal,most landowners dont know there are exploration licenses covering their properties.
Outraged when they do find out.

new topics

top topics

<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join