It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I read about the new Strong-Motion Detector at Woolly Hollow State Park; and I say "YEAH!" And to rebut further doubts as to this thread and reports and comments from residents who live near the quake locations, "trust me, we are credible when we say we feel something then confirm it by posting comments and images," it's really happening, even if we are a small minority.

Many things seem "novel" and "new," at this point in-time, since we are all learning. As with any form of media, in our time now, you have a multitude of "data" and "information," which is useful when significant and relevant.

Kudos to the AGN for providing WHAR another instrument to learn more.
edit on 14-3-2011 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Just caught on PBS how Switzerland as well as Germany have put a halt on all plans for their part in building new facilities based on current information on the cooling systems and their vulnerabilities.

US still plans to move forward!

This got to me also, we need to remember during the next Presidential Election!!
edit on 14-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Resources and links update thread has been made:

Resource Bibliography for Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pages 1-187.

If you have just joined us, you will find a wealth of information, used in the first 187 pages of this discussion.

I greatly appreciate all the research everyone is doing. PuterMan thanks for the links requested to your awesome graphics! Remember all if you quote it or reference it, link it so it can be included into this master list.
This is just my small contribution to our cause for need of information, to make informed decisions.
ps I had to laugh at my self... the copy and past limited the title to this thread on number of characters and cutoff the word epicenter and reads epic! lol. anybody else catch that?
edit on 14-3-2011 by SunflowerStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I will be in Arkansas at the end of April.
If I can, I may drive down to the alleged fracking sites
And take some videos
edit on 14-3-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A few nights ago I posted pertaining to a feather like cloud with what appeared to be a rainbow like prisim shaped like a big screen tv. I was at a red light and signaled to the guy next to me to look, so I know of at least one more person who witnessed this bizzare happening.

I figured one of you would know where I could find a link that measures ground temps from orbit, As I live in Memphis, Tn.you can imagine it scared the crap out me.
This is no game, and I plan on paying the eq center at the U of M tomorrow somtime. Your replies would be greatly appreciated as I really respect what you are doing on this thread... Keep it up! ~Pete~

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

Radpetey, if you'd do some more research on prequake cloud formation/relation to earthquake. Make a post in the discussion with your references and I'd be glad to include it in the master list. That is one area without much coverage.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

I have not figured out ho to post a link as of yet, so I will so crudely type a link that I know of off hand...I will get some more stuff together tomorrow. Thank you for responding......... ~Pete~

apinewooddesign.co.uk..

What I saw occurs in the first picture over China...and 2 hours later, -BAM-

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

When you have a webpage you'd like to link, have it open on another tab. Copy and paste the url/address bar info from your browser in the reply/comments field for your post, ATS fixes the format and becomes a cool link.

edit on 14-3-2011 by SunflowerStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This report was on the Memphis news tonight, about the number of earthquakes going down since the wells have been shut down:

www.wmctv.com...

I'm glad the local media here in Memphis are keeping up with this story, it shows that they are taking the activity in Arkansas seriously. The report doesn't state where their numbers are coming from though, I'm guessing from the USGS, which we all know isn't entirely accurate.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
reply to post by UtahRosebud

When I played that video all my cats alerted, they could hear a cat in distress but could not find it. They looked cautiously out all the windows. Still looking after 5 minutes.

I just hope they warn me when they should!

Thanks for that.

Thanks for sharing that, berkeleygal!!! It's nice to hear that they responded. I like that they were looking for the distressed cat.

But part of me wonders if they were able to hear something in that video, that we were not. We'll never know. But to me, their reaction tells a lot.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Ok... relyt posted this video over in TA's thread on "Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan". ATS Thread

It's an interview with a former USGS Geologist who has accurately predicted earthquakes, including the 1989 Loma Prieta, which I lived through.

Personally... I think this guy should be running the USGS!

Robin... you in particular I think, will find that what he has to say is pretty damn amazing!!

Former USGS Geologist Interview 3/14/11

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

exactly what I have been saying and feeling....
not happy about it...

thanks for the link!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
well...today is the day i seen predicted as when all hell was supposed to break loose...we will see what happens...between the 15th and 29th i think it was...i live here in the middle of memphis..and im waiting...haha

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lovebledhate

Eh, so we have all been feeling it.
Just a bit of history for today en.wikipedia.org...

"Well, the Ides of March have come."

Stay safe everyone. Be informed. Make informed decisions, just don't fly off the handle. Gonna be a rough day.
And we haven't even made it to the 19th yet.
edit on 15-3-2011 by SunflowerStar because: added be safe line.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm going to be an optimist for the moment. Yes, the quakes have eased since they shut off the injection wells.
There hasn't been a 3+ magnitude for many days. And no large clusters.

There have been series of 2's. So it's still active. But the overall trend is decreasing.

EDIT. Remebmer to check out our collection of information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll put in my signature later.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I felt the two we have had so far this morning, hope there isn't anymore for a little while.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I actually slept thru the 2 this morning. Must have been the popcorn before bed, but I hadn't slept more than 2 or 3 hours without waking up in 3 or 4 days and I needed that 6 hours at once sleep. My eldest son was asking about my grandparents land "up on the mountain" close to Cove lake and Mt Magazine as being a "hide a way". I told him that probably wouldn't work as its closer to the Russellville reactor and unfortunately the other relatives land is Fairfield Bay and goodness knows I wouldn't want to be up there either. On a slightly better note, I finally have some of the doctors and nurses at work paying attention to me when I talk about earthquake prepareness.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud
Ok... relyt posted this video over in TA's thread on "Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan". ATS Thread

It's an interview with a former USGS Geologist who has accurately predicted earthquakes, including the 1989 Loma Prieta, which I lived through.

Personally... I think this guy should be running the USGS!

Robin... you in particular I think, will find that what he has to say is pretty damn amazing!!

Former USGS Geologist Interview 3/14/11

Over four years ago, when I was trying to share my hypothesis of a Volcanic Mass Ejection, or Mega Eruption, many people told me to get a geology degree. I seriously considered it. My new found interest in geology led me to study Yellowstone. As I studied Yellowstone I discovered the activity was influenced by the moon. I had read a study linking the moon to earthquakes in the San Andreas. Someone told me to search for Jim Berkland. When I found his research and read his findings, I was hooked and I knew there was a connection. Oddly, Yellowstone works in reverse, it's the new moon and not the full moon. I'll not got into details. But I was enthralled that he was seeing the same lunar and tidal effects. I also read about a husband and wife team of vulcanologists who say the moon affects eruptions.

But here's the problem. I gave up my idea to become a geologist. Berkland is ridiculed by other geologists. His theories are not accepted. So even if I got a degree, they aren't going to listen unless you are following mainstream thinking. But when I found that someone else was on the same trail, I had independant confirmation that I wasn't the only one noticing the pattern.

Notice that Jim Berkland describes the groundwater tides. This is important and geologist are just starting to understand how water affects faults. And there is no consensus. So think the water lubricates, others think it makes the fractures stick together and prevents quakes. And notice he mentions the animal deaths. I don't think the fish are dying from magnetic changes. I think shifting ocean floors release methane.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

The whales may be influence by magnetic changes. I just don't know.

You may remember the Chinese Earthquake in 2008. Well, guess what. There was a Chinese geologist that was warning of an imminent earthquake just before the event. He was ignored. He was studying drought and how it related to earthquakes in the region. After periods of long drought, there would be an earthquake. The drought doesn't cause the earthquake, it prevents it. The longer and more severe the drought, the bigger the quake. The earthquake would follow the end of the drought. What comes at the end of a drought. Rain. Water. Groundwater. The faults are lubricated. Ground water is affected by tides, and therefore the groundwater pulses and applies pressure throughout the fault.

globalvoicesonline.org...

I didn't forget you Shenon, I was thinking about what you said about the study on rainfall. It's just that I don't write when I am thinking about how something fits in with the overall picture. In the study Shenon provided, the researchers describe how porous rock will swell with water absorbtion and this will destabalized the faults and increase pressures. It's kinda like the ice quakes someone posted long ago. If you watch MEGA FAULT, it's a really bad movie, really bad, but the army had a weapon that would freeze ground water to produce earthquakes.

www.geophysik.uni-muenchen.de...

March 19th will be a full moon at perigee.
March 20th the vernal equinox.

But don't forget about the new moon to follow. The moon is not a single event. It's a cycle. Like a pump.

I must take a poke at FOX NEWS. Their graphic at the begining showing the ring of fire was silly and oversimplified. If anything, I have not noticed this clockwise march of earthquakes. If you were watch the worldwide quakes over the last few months you would have noticed a different pattern.

I noticed a north/south relationship. The big ones were alternating back and forth. Up and down the major plates. I have another hypothesis on remote trigger between plates. But that's another story.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

Yes you need that solid 6 hours once in a while, it sure does help to get it when you can. I'm glad they are finally listening to you at the Dr's office, maybe with more people coming in they will put 2 and 2 together. My ears are still ringing terribly. I am going to find the link to the quake clouds so that everyone can see them on this thread and have an idea of what to look for.
edit on 15-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Links to earthquake clouds.

www.terraresearch.net...

web.me.com...

www.sott.net...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

www.gisdevelopment.net...

www.zetatalk.com... This link has the rainbow cloud...

earthquakeclouds.blogspot.com... This link has Arkansas in it...

www.flickr.com...@N07/4961034767/ This was at Christchurch

irrationalgeographic.wordpress.com...

www.allthingsscience.com...

edit on 15-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join