It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX NEWS Caught Distorting Reaction to Ron Pauls CPAC Win

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by muzzleflash

interesting. my hubby claims he heard that mr paul wants to cut military pensions. can you imagine what a mess that would be? 20 years of extremely dangerous slave status for nothing. literally, he had no say over his life. they could force things on him and do things to him that they couldn't do to other citizens because he signed away his rights when he joined, for the promise of a retirement after 20 years of service. and it didn't just effect him, it effected everyone in his family, including me. as a family we went thru every step of that hell, with him. some of us, moreso than others. i had to have breast cancer surgery while he was in a foreign country because they wouldn't let him stay with me. i had to get the red cross to force it and send him home. just for starters.

What? So all the sudden Ron Paul is the reason why all that is happening happened?

That makes no sense, no one listens to him in Congress. He's the minority by far.

How can you possibly blame the current state of affairs on his minority view?

The Republicans and Democrats are the ones cutting the Pension. They are in power!

Please provide evidence of your claims or else we will to write it down as heresy. I cannot find anything that agrees with your rumor.

Everything I see through a few Google's shows RP lambasting them for cutting pensions. He's 100% pro-vet.

Also don't you understand that not having more wars will reduce the future costs as well? Less injured vets to worry about...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

it's not my rumor. i'm asking if it's true, because hubby told me it was. i want to know.
and it does diddly squat to cut pensions to the already injured soldiers, in fact, it exacerbates their suffering by magnitudes of order. hubby is 70% disabled, because they refuse to acknowledge that he was ptsd when he came home. that would mean 100% disabled and a full disability check, which apparently is reserved for people who have more clout or something. who knows.

i just don't want to be left without a means of support after all that hell we went thru.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

interesting. my hubby claims he heard that mr paul wants to cut military pensions. can you imagine what a mess that would be? 20 years of extremely dangerous slave status for nothing. literally, he had no say over his life. they could force things on him and do things to him that they couldn't do to other citizens because he signed away his rights when he joined, for the promise of a retirement after 20 years of service. and it didn't just effect him, it effected everyone in his family, including me. as a family we went thru every step of that hell, with him. some of us, moreso than others. i had to have breast cancer surgery while he was in a foreign country because they wouldn't let him stay with me. i had to get the red cross to force it and send him home. just for starters.

I think Ron Paul would be one of the few people you'd want on your side to fight against losing veteran benefits.

Just some info: Ron Paul Campaign Info

If he's fighting for not giving up retirement pay to receive VA disability benefits, I don't think he would be looking to remove all retirement pay.
edit on 16-2-2011 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, were can you go to see the truth?
How can we bust this kind of stuff wide open?? Because any attempt to will be reported by fox news as: "a bunch of left wing extremist conspiracy theory nuts..."

So why do we let this company get away with this? What can we do?

That is the real problem.

Everybody sees it, but no one does anything. Including me. There is NO way to stop this. Is there?

This SHOULD be the final straw. Sadly, it is only the tip of the iceberg. And will go on and on and on. I'm having a hard time swallowing reality as it is projected by these "news" agencies.

What now?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
bah. Double post. But double anger.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Demoncreeper because: ridiculously pushing and clicking too much...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

i'll show hubby that.
not sure where he heard that. i think it had something to do with mr. paul's desire to shut down the federal government and rebuild it. the wheels of gov move so slowly. our mail lady delivered my hubby's check to the wrong
place, and by the time it was given to us by the person who wrongfully received it, and we sent it back cancelled, it still took another 2 months (and counting) for them to give us a date when he would get it back. they have had the cancelled check in their office for 2 months. and every time we call them about when they are going to reissue it, they tell us it takes time because we might spend it.
how do you spend a cancelled check that is in the hand of the person you are talking to and who verifies they have it? i think our tax rebates (when we use to get them) were about 50% faster, if not more.
edit on 16-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
People still watch the mass media outlets?

It is all spin, just follow the money to see who owns the company.

Republicans and Democrats alike are scared of Ron Paul because he will blow the scam of the two party system right out of the water....(but we all know they will NEVER let that happen)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Who really cares?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

You are absolutely correct - also look who is on their payroll - Fox Payroll

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
there is NO denying it now, weve all known for a while there was a conspiracy against ron paul. ive seen people in charge even lower volumes to microphones while people were asking him questions during debates so it blatantly makes it look like hes too old to even be running. this is wrong, where is the EQUALITY? the attempts are endless, now we have proof that the mainstream media is trying to smear ron pauls campaign. anyone who denies this on this message board or trolls could possibly be a disinfo agent for all we know. some people really need lives..

if we all point out these attacks on the ron paul campaign and expose them its definitely for the better and it will help many wake up and we can all boycott faux news..
edit on 16-2-2011 by Cobra.EXE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
Well, were can you go to see the truth?
How can we bust this kind of stuff wide open?? Because any attempt to will be reported by fox news as: "a bunch of left wing extremist conspiracy theory nuts..."

So why do we let this company get away with this? What can we do?

That is the real problem.

Everybody sees it, but no one does anything. Including me. There is NO way to stop this. Is there?

This SHOULD be the final straw. Sadly, it is only the tip of the iceberg. And will go on and on and on. I'm having a hard time swallowing reality as it is projected by these "news" agencies.

What now?

We have to get this video out to as many people as possible. People need to know that they are being manipulated on a daily basis by these so called news networks. They are all guilty of it, not just FOX.

We just have to stop waiting for someone else to do something. We need to take action. There is a large population of America that only get their information from TV. They believe that what they report as news is the truth. We need to help those people see the light and realize that they are being played.

I showed this to my 70 year old dad and he was floored by it. He could not believe what he was seeing. It made him question everything he has seen in the past on the TV news. It's never to late to wake up.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I didn't see that as Trump dissing Ron Paul, he was telling the truth. He said he likes him but he can't be elected, and he's right. Trump knows the whole thing is fixed, mainly by the media.

Oh is that what the Trump thing was about? I didn't get it.

I've been saying for quite some time now that (barring some drastic changes) Ron Paul won't ever be elected President.

He's got about as much chance as Nader getting into the White House.

This also isn't a diss, as I do not hate Ron Paul, but I do know everyone from Obama on down, has to be a part of the game in order to play.

Idealism aside, it's the sad and unfair truth.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I agree with you about Fox. I'm grateful to them for this because their tracks are easily uncovered. We can use this to wake up people with Fox lies! The one thing Fox can't do is change the upload date on last year's videos
. Anyone with half a brain can see this for what it is!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndFUTURE
It'll be a great day when he says he's running.
They probably will not report on it.

Rush Limbaugh Claims Ron Paul Bussed In Supporters To CPAC

I heard that too.
rush is a fool.
My vote for Dr. Paul is a vote for the constitution.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
They get away with manipulating the news because people who watch Fox News don't care.

I checked in on some mainstream conservative forums. The reaction is 20% disgust, 80% excuses for Fox and deflection.
"Who cares if they smeared Ron Paul, he's a weirdo."
"All the networks lie. But Fox is the most trustworthy."
"Paul bot ! Paul bot !"

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Apparently Fox News created propeganda for the Nazi party which helped Hitler into his position as supreme chancellor... (dictator).

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I remember the first time I discovered a conspiracy against Ron Paul, I was at a bar during the 2008 elections, they advertised John McCain and Obama, and didn't even mention that Ron Paul was still in the running and had a huge internet following. Their excuse of course was that Paul wasn't popular enough to be news worthy, well obviously because they were choosing to give him zero air time. But after the election, following the 2008 economic crisis, they made a big mistake of letting Ron Paul air his views. Either they thought it would help their coverage or they were really just taking everyone's opinions, they can not now deny Ron Paul's existence like they tried to do in 2008. The Trump line was typical and the news anchors simply dismiss Dr. Paul as not having a chance, but they do so because they instinctively know he is an "outsider" though they also believe they are outsiders as well. Whenever I hear anyone talk bad about Ron Paul it's always his "crazy" theories, like abolishing an unconstitutional central bank and dismantling the foreign taxes that go with it in the form of secret bail outs to foreign central banks. This idea to eliminate all central banks is not just a crazy theory but is the only sound theory running in the halls of congress. Ending the war is a close second, but if you end the central bank, you also end the war.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Blue Jay, I think when it comes to evolution you are 100% clueless...but in this case, you couldn't be more right!!

You just got your first S&F from me

It's an absolute disgrace what FOX did there. I wouldn't care if it was part of their stupid opinion shows like Beck or O'Reilly, but doing it in their NEWS (!!!!) segment is beyond wrong. Just goes to show what a propaganda machine FOX has turned into, and anyone watching that hogwash channel should take anything they hear/see there with a grain of salt...in fact, make that a 10 tons of salt

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Originally posted by Battleline
I have to admit I have ignored most rhidcule of FOX as just more left wing BS as is most things that come from the left,I mean all the left does is rhidcule,no debate most all the time.That being said I will research this and if it is true then I say UNITE,DEMONSTRATE,BOYCOTT,put FOX in the dumper with MSNBC and the MSM as far as rating's.

Im sure there are people scrambleing to verify this or debunk it,if it is true then we as a nation have nowhere to go for truth and THEY already control everything.

We will be issued a person to run for the GOP just like we were issued McCain and the vote really does not matter any longer.

I am not really a Paul person but at this point I fear for his well being.

You are obviously conservative, the unnecessary dig into other media and the left, was just that. You are a product of the media. You should really see what Ron Paul is about. When you do, I don't think you can argue that he stands for everything you believe in and more. And I doubt he needs you to worry for his well being, not when you don't even care what he's had to say.
Your ridicule is all guess work at best and part and parcel the reason why I don't care much for Paul.His follower's are like progressive's,if you don't agree with them out come's the "your this and your that" which show how shallow you are.

The people that work for or represent someone reflect directly on them,the way you responded to my post is sad but then again that's you..............isian't it?Sad really.he does have a lot to say that I totally agree with in spit of what you might think but like someone else said he is to far from the comfort zone for people to take a chance.

I don't worry about Paul or any other politician,I worry about what it would do to the country if such a horrable thing were to happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
BULL#!!! I watched the CPAC feed directly and the Ron Paul supporters were not there in numbers. Remember 11000 people were in attendance between two exhibition rooms and thruout the facility. What fox news played was accurate. Now I do not watch TV at all and only exposed to the world through the internet. And if fox news did screw up I would be all over them.I do believe though that any one who snears at or boos Ron Paul are now some kind of monster, here's another way to look at this. Not everyone agrees with anyone all of the time.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join