It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: It has begun...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

I tried to shy away from some of the more "interesting" aspects of black projects.

Not to say there may not be something to that possibility.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great thread my friend

My question is , what are they saving all of this , and the stuff we don't know about as of yet , for ?

Could it be that much of the black budget hardwair is unknown by most generals and even presendents ?

If the answer is yes , that many high ups are unaware of just what " we " can do / have , then I must ask again , what is it being saved for ?

Seems like it would be a waist to let all of these , and the unknown , toys to go to waist ?

edit on 15-2-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The military industrial complex rolls along, and never missing a beat. Very interesting stuff, Slayer! I am amazed at what the DOD has come up with to combat ballistic missile launches. As many have said, this is only the stuff they have released to the public. I can only imagine what the DOD has up their sleeve at some of their secret facilities? Not only space based platforms, but even terrestrial. Still, the latest move to militarize space will only lead to more proliferation by nations that are not on the same wavelength as the others. Furthermore, with technology like that we know about and other things that we do not, what is going to stop the Russians from skirting around the recent START treaty, or future arms reduction agreements?

The Russians have been known to be a sneaky lot, and fearmongers when it comes to defense. I can see why, the country was almost obliterated by the Wehrmacht in WWII.

The shoot first ask questions later mindset remains in terms of defense among the military brass and politicians. In other words, they will never be caught with their pants down again. Then there is the Chinese that are toying around with space based platforms and boosting their cyber warfare capabilities. There has been instances when it has been alleged that the Chinese have been able to infiltrate government systems.

Chinese Cyber Attacks On Rise: U.S. Report

"China is targeting U.S. government and commercial computers for espionage," and has developed cyber espionage capabilities so advanced that the U.S. "may be unable to counteract or even detect the efforts," the commission said in the 2008 edition of a report it sends annually to Congress.

Such capability makes the U.S. highly vulnerable.

The militarization of space is definitely a new frontier for modern warfare, but what ought to be looked at with added emphasis is the concept of cyber warfare. Both China and Russia have been developing such tactics as well other nations. Not to derail, but I thought I would mention a few things about the cyber threat. Just shut down the necessary networks and nothing works. Moreover, the US may be emboldening their adversaries to disregard non-proliferation altogether. By simply making a heck of a lot more ballistic missiles, and attack subs in hopes to circumvent the alleged US space based security blanket. One of their nuclear weapons is bound to get through and reach its intended target. Just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Really cool thread my man!!

Gotta admit we have some really cools toys..

I wonder how much more space junk will be created from all these Spheres blowing up other satellites...

pretty soon earth will have rings, just like Saturn...

Hmmmmm

S & F for you...a really good thread....

edit on 15-2-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I'm sure there are plenty "In the Know" The question then becomes who are "IN" the know.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Well the US as well has been known to sneak around.
That goes without saying.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks for your input.
I appreciate the time you took to reply...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Things hide in plain sight, Slayer:

When you Orbitz, you know.

That is an orbital bombardment. Each one of those ultra-precision strikes had to be targeted (from orbit), designated (from orbit), gps targeted (from orbit), ordered (by satcom), and evaluated (from orbit).

Same old explosions. But a new kind of shock and awe.

Tomahawks, laser guided bombs... and if we count it all, maybe a few from Heaven Above.

Thanks for showing us some of the new Post '95 stuff.

edit on 15-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Yes , who is in " the know " and I got to ask again , what are they saving it for ? God knows they have had many a chances to use it in the last 10 years alone .

Something is a foot and for some reason I don't think these toys will go to waist .

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
great thread man, not too many rolling around here lately like this one. Interesting stuff in there, and Im sure that the truly high tech stuff is way beyond what we can imagine what they are up to. s&f

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Awesome thread Slayer.
Not much to add except to admit I'm not extremely fluent in this stuff and yet earlier today I came across this photo essay of US Secret Spy Planes and thought it was funny that they misidentified the X37B photo since they seem to have gotten the others right.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f75df7a35a98.jpg[/atsimg]

LINK TO ARTICLE AND A FEW COOL SPY PLANE PIX

Thanks for cool thread (lots of juicy info) but you'll need to explain to my spousal unit why I got my nose stuck in laptop and unable to interact......"Only a day after Valentines Day and already you.....blah, blah, blah."
edit on 15-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

As always.
Great to see ya.
Thanks for the link. it is appreciated....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

They could be saving it just like we do nukes for the big kick off if it ever happens.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Nice new toy that can stop One missile.
What if they send 500 or more very small missiles?
With mincheistion they and make a system that sends up a rocket.
And in space sends 500 small missiles.
About the only thing to stop that is a EPM missile.
When this starts it will be a great fireworks show.
As for lasers. No good. Just mirror coat the missiles.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Excellent Thread Slayer - S&F my friend!

I wonder if these - (SPHERES) Synchronized Position Hold Engage Re-Orient Experimental Satellites - could account for the little white "orbs" that have been seen around the world by people. They have been seen in swarm like quantities - Mexico comes to mind.

So, why do you guys think? Or would they be too high up too see - even with a strong reflection of sunlight?

I really doubt it. I observed satellites with an uninstrumented eye in conditions of low light pollution, and these were likely large satellites. When it's not completely dark, and the object is small, forget about it.

I like the idea but it's not plausible.

I just wanted to add that the spheres could be flying a mission to be seen. Instead of cameras the spheres could have a powerful lighting system. This could be a mission to cause mass confusion. You have to admit it would work. Who really knows what the capabilities are of these things? For you to say it is not plausable is a little closed minded.

S&F on the thread Slayer, well done.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Did someone mention star wars?

They are already making space weapons.

With all the new technology that's coming out I wouldn't doubt seeing the change from planes to spaceships.
HAARP!

Laser weapons!

Holograms!

Makes you wonder where these "sci-fi movies" get their ideas from?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Nice new toy that can stop One missile.
What if they send 500 or more very small missiles?
With mincheistion they and make a system that sends up a rocket.
And in space sends 500 small missiles.
About the only thing to stop that is a EPM missile.
When this starts it will be a great fireworks show.
As for lasers. No good. Just mirror coat the missiles.

At that point it's basically a numbers game. It's cheaper to build grapefruit sized suicide spheres than a large missile, so in the end which is cheaper, quicker to deploy and manufacture?
edit on 15-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
amazing post! i will be watching closly S&F

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Nice formation of your post, OP. I'd like to add two things:
1. The original Brillant Pebbles program was undertaken by then TRW (purchased by Northrop Grumman) at its Redando Beach, CA facilities. Former NASA administrator Dan Golden was running the effort (hmmmm)

2. Take a look into a "sister" companion program called Brillant Eyes...the two were to work as a collaborative funtion

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandbar

I was going to post info about Brilliant eye as well.
There were many things I left out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join