It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: It has begun...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Another awesome thread Slayer, S+F for you! Your dots are well-connected, and I think it's safe to say the US and likely others have operational ASAT and ABM capability far beyond PAC 3.

What strikes me most is (my) perception of increasing frequency of launches recently...I get the distinct impresion that prep for something big/urgent is 'up'. Interesting times, for sure!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

Now that is a scary thought.
All we can do is just try our best to get the potential ability of the modern world out for the masses awareness.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by servumlibertatem

I don't know if it's "Urgent" I'm thinking more along the lines of Billions upon Billions of dollars have already been spent and decades worth of research and development may have finally come to the deployment phase. Trillions have been spent in the past.

There has to be something to show for it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Ok thats what they have allowed us to see makes you wonder whats under wraps at the moment,with all that kind of fire power you could hold any country to ransom.

That's speculative. In Iraq conflict, the US used up as much as a third of its cruise missile stock. And for us, it wasn't even a "mother of wars". I doubt we could have created much under the wraps, I just do.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Thanks, I was too lazy to search them out myself

Fiscal mess awaits new defense chief
Gates inherits 'worst-managed' federal agency

Fiscal mess awaits new defense chief
Gates inherits 'worst-managed' federal agency

Nowhere is the Pentagon's inability to control costs more glaring than in the surging costs of new weapons projects. The Government Accountability Office, an arm of Congress and headed by Walker, recently concluded that the total cost of all major U.S. military weapons projects under development has doubled in five years to $1.4 trillion.

Read more: www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2006/12/13/MNG96MUHPF1.DTL#ixzz1E4r978yt

I've always been of the opinion no funds are actually missing, just off the books for a reason. Weapons development of course being the reason. The media does not help by implying it's all due to bad accounting when they should be aware (and perhaps they are) that it is likely all going to Black Ops. I'd assumed that SDI had simply gone underground the same as you have.

I can't help but think that when Rumsfeld was talking about the missing Trillions, he knew where they went and his supposed expose was a ruse. The money is clearly there and has been for what you suggest.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Bob Down Under

Now that is a scary thought.
All we can do is just try our best to get the potential ability of the modern world out for the masses awareness.

Just edited and added a bit more

Thanks

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by servumlibertatem

I don't know if it's "Urgent" I'm thinking more along the lines of Billions upon Billions of dollars have already been spent and decades worth of research and development may have finally come to the deployment phase. Trillions have been spent in the past.

There has to be something to show for it.

Great work on the thread and very interesting. The downside is that there is something to show for it ... billions starving around the world, a nation in debt that it can never repay, increased taxes, needless murders, etc.

When I think of the future and the advancement of mankind, I tend to think of spiritual advances, not this. However, it is what it is. I am all for defense, however, at what point to you ask yourself - do we have enough to defend ourselves?

I am not attacking the topic and how well it was presented ... thanks, Slayer. Just questioning the underlying aspect of man that chooses to go this way versus other ways.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Let's not forget psychotronic capacities...think psychological/electronic imposition of one's own head space...

Great Thread, Slayer...it has only just begun...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's obvious that the US is getting away from 'man-to-man' combat with their increased use of drones. If you live in the US, and have sons of military age, why is that something that you wouldn't want?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Well there is that aspect as well.

I wasn't making any sort of social statement or stance other than posting what has been going on.

PEACE

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks mem.
I appreciate the pat on the back

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
S&F!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best thread that I have read on here. Just think of what the black projects are capable of doing if this is public info? The NRO is replacing NASA so the government can have total ownership and to not share with civilian companies.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhateverHappens
It's obvious that the US is getting away from 'man-to-man' combat with their increased use of drones. If you live in the US, and have sons of military age, why is that something that you wouldn't want?

I think this is more along the lines of one country's Machine/Tech vs others Machine/Tech scenario in a low earth orbit arena.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
SnF For the first line. I swear I wish I could think of things like that to toss in.
That's friggin great.
edit on 15-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

It's all good. I'm glad you enjoyed the thread.
I'll post a few more links and videos a bit later....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

I appreciate your interest in this topic.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mine Not Yours
S&F!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best thread that I have read on here. Just think of what the black projects are capable of doing if this is public info? The NRO is replacing NASA so the government can have total ownership and to not share with civilian companies.

I'd be happier if we had a robust civilian program for the public....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I have to agree that space has no doubt already seen the presence of weaponry, it makes sense really. I believ the "rods from god" will have been deployed because it's not that difficult of a thing to get working and the damage would be astounding. I remember seeing the idea in a computer game (Syndicate Wars) back in the 1990's, the satellite used tungsten rods. The idea is brilliant if scary, the rod has incredible mass, on reentry it melts and it's speed increases massively. If it hit any target it would destroy it and could perceivably be used as a bunker busting weapon.

What i find odd about all you posted is the idea of the government always being around 30 years ahead in it's technology. Of course i agree with this simply because i've read the official histroy of black projects, the declassified stuff i mean. Yet when you tell anyone who isn't into this stuff that the government is that far ahead they often scoff at the idea.

Why should a government be 30 years ahead in research that could help everyone? I understand why they would keep weapons secret, i understand why they might keep computer advances secret but they also keep medical advances secret and i find that abominable.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
really enjoyed op. i had no idea of some of this information. its going to sound really crazy, but i've always thought that advanced weaponry in the past 20-30 yrs was way too advanced for enemies foreign and domestic. i've always wondered if these weapons were created to defend against ets. i know, stupid.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Great points.
I've often thought of NAZI Germany at the end of WWII. Their technology was very advanced and still impressive to this day, we used some of it to get to the moon. The US has had black projects going on ever since. One could only imagine what they have up their sleeves.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I couldn't disagree more. A space based weapon, that only was effective in low orbit combat? I don't see the logic for the US, considering our immediate threats. It would make more sense that the US wants to hit the targets that they see from satellite recognisance. Just my 2 cents.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join