It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change in the Catholic Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I heard something from my mom today that shocked me I haven't been able to find much on it, but she told me that a group from Germany was calling for drastic changes in the Catholic Church. They are saying that Priests should be allowed to marry and that women should be allowed to be Priests. They are also saying that if the Pope does not agree to these terms there will be a movement to start a new Catholic Church. I thought this was interesting considering the latest developments in the world and all. It also would be drastic changes to a system that has been around for nearly 2000 years.
edit on 2/14/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You need to check your facts.

3000 years you say.....

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

Ok well closer to 2000 years, I guess I was thinking it was over the year 2000. The church claims to have been established around 1 AD. History says it was closer to 320AD

Aside from that just because the years were off a bit you seemingly didn't even read my post and from the look of it someone else didn't either.
edit on 2/14/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
ok, 1800 years or so....good move someone is waking up to what the white catholic devils have done

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

I'm not a Catholic, although my wife is a recovering Cathoholic. I believe priests used to be able to be married, in the way back times.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Screw changes, dismantle that beast. It serves no good other than supplying people with false idols. With it dismantled our children would be safer, our world would be richer and much more peaceful.

If the church really wanted what was better for us they would not care about how much money they have in the bank and use their finical dominance and feed the world which they could do countless times over.

I hate the church.

Pred...
edit on 14-2-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I'm not a practicing Catholic anymore I gave up on religion long ago, but my family has been Catholic since before my mom was born. I just thought it was interesting news, but unfortunately I got a bit over zealous in my post made an error on the years and that seems to be the focus of my post now lol

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
In the UK, just a few weeks ago, 3 Anglican Bishops switched their alleigence to the Catholic Church. They did this because they were angered, for want of a better word, by the Anglican Church allowing women/openly homosexual individuals to become bishops. That seems to go against what you've said- however, these 3 bishops all are married, when Catholic priests are supposed to abstain from sex, so obviously this goes completely against that, and along with what you've said.

There are many more cases of this expected to happen, and there is a special "wing" of Catholicism that caters specifically for ex-Anglicans, known as "The Ordinariate". I believe this may be becoming an issue in Australia, too.

Here is a news article about this:
www.bbc.co.uk...

It was quite major news in the UK, and has caused a few ripples.
edit on 14-2-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
its funny how they just change the rules to fit the MSM, lifestyles and trends, i think religion has lost its ways BigTime. someone said dismantle the catholics church, 100% right.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well this is mostly stuff I heard from my mom but I was able to find the following on it.

www.catholic-sf.org...

www.uscatholic.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What we are witnessing is the beginning of the end to papal rule, the falling away ( the apostacy of the roman catholic church) is almost apon us. Interesting times ahead!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

The Catholic church appear to do so, certainly. That said, so do the Anglicans.

Considering most of the platform doctrine (Catholicism more so than Anglican) has no basis in the bible, I can see why this might be. Many of their beliefs, rituals and rites are based on post-biblical theory and "Catholic church" decisions. Having such an abundance of "human" (and therefore more "fallible" and/or changeable than divine) source conveniently lends itself to easier amendments with less "loss of face".

Catholicism and it's Henry VIII offshoot Anglicism, are not the one true face of Christianity. Indeed, Catholicism is so far off from biblical teachings, it should be a considered religious belief in it's own right IMHO.

BTW I'm not affiliated to any religion - I just have a good knowledge of the bible, it's premise and teachings

My best mate is a Catholic and despite multiple discussions and debate, Catholicism has always been - and continues to be - a complete enigma to me

edit on 14/2/11 by lizziejayne because: typo

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Change in the catholic church!!! Seriously?
Maybe they'll introduce a creche to keep the paedophile perverted priests happy!
Maybe stop them absolving guilty bombers and killers sins just because they do it in a confessional box?
Maybe they'll stop trying to put everyone on guilt trips..?
Maybe they'll stop scaring the gullible #less with tales of eternal damnation for stupid things like sex before marriage?
Maybe they'll do lots of things...I just hope they go away!

top topics

join