It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Has the Bomb

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Iran isnt the only Nation who (wants to) use Nuclear Power Plants...I have had a bad feeling about Stuxnet the first Time i heard about it....False Flag anyone?

Creating something like that was stupid in the first Place...

Didn't we have two nuke plants recently go off line within a few hours of each other for a "steam leak" and a "radiation leak?" They wouldn't tell us the truth, you know, they couldn't.

These days when ingenious crazies can get their hands on WMD, the line becomes blurred between pure politican ideologies and simple pathology. To facilitate the understanding between the two extremes, every one should have a clear understanding that as a rule, hackers are never driven by any aspect of morality--despite their claims--but by a self-styled hatred of aspects of society that gets covered over by the sophistication of the attacks. Rather than be revolutionaries screaming in the streets to tear down the existing order, they hide in secret, throwing out their silent bombs. In that regard, they become terrorists by deed and defination just as much as the other end of the spectrum and should not be tolerated once the threshhold eaches a critical level of threat to society.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
www.langner.com... for stuxnet info

first post about the op

A hacker group claimed possession of Stuxnet source code, and certain media thought it was worth an article. Actually, it’s not. Stuxnet binaries are available on the Internet for everybody. Everybody can download a copy of Stuxnet and start reverse engineering the code. For some parts of the dropper, that’s actually quite easy, as Microsoft’s Bruce Dang recently explained in Berlin. The question is why anybody would take the effort to reverse engineer Windows exploits that have already been fixed by the vendor. With the exploits for the engineering software and SCADA application that’s different, but few people have recognized; hackers, CERT people and journalists not among them.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, screw anon

I don't like it, as one poster commented before you have a mindless wave of users to want to impress their peers by showing how they can use limited knowledge to be one of the 'cool' guys.

But I speculate that within the core of anon somewhere are people that can be traced back to ( Insert Governmental Dept here ) who certainly know what they are doing. So when the SHTF and something very destructive ensues whether this be digital or physical or both people will ask WHO DID IT!!!. At this time those shadowy manipulators can vanish but the general public are thirsting for the culprits, this is where the best of the best mindless 'cool guys' get brought into the limelight. ''We had nothing to do with it they cry'' Well to bad for you.

Just like economic hitmen use and fund small revolutionary groups overseas to instigate their own agenda's I feel the same template can be applied here.

I didn't ask anon to be my champion of the intarwebs!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
We are the resistance!
Anon wouldn't attack the citizens with stuxnet (the real anon)..
We don't have anything to worry about there.
They would drop it on paypal, amazon, ect....

Unless this is a CIA con,
Say *anon the hackers* have stuxnet
unleash it on anyone/thing/company/ in your way...
Blame it on anon...
Someone could be setting us up for the internet kill switch..
*OH NO stuxnet is everywhere we must shut down the internet*

edit on 14-2-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

Paypal or Amazon? Last i checked these were legitimate businesses and I would hope these people using a worm would be caught an prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Honest, hardworking people make a living through these companies. Its easy to say they are corrupt, but what about the family man working behind the counter of Paypay, barely making minimum wage, but still wanting and needing his job.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Paypal or Amazon? Last i checked these were legitimate businesses and I would hope these people using a worm would be caught an prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Honest, hardworking people make a living through these companies. Its easy to say they are corrupt, but what about the family man working behind the counter of Paypay, barely making minimum wage, but still wanting and needing his job.

Wikileaks is a legitimate business too, would you also hope the american government is prosocuted for illegaly terminating there business with visa, mastercard and amazon..

kx

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemerreply to post by nightbringr

Wikileaks is a legitimate business too, would you also hope the american government is prosocuted for illegaly terminating there business with visa, mastercard and amazon..

kx

That would be a wonderful idea, except that the US government didn't do that. Visa, Mastercard and Amazon willingly agreed to comply with the suggestion. Believe me, the US is the mecca of pointless litigation. If anyone even thought there was the smallest chance that they could actually get away with suing the government over that, or even suing Visa, Mastercard and Amazon, there'd be at least someone giving it a try.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Warning: emails may contain malware attachments.

HBGary Email Viewer: Portal

You can read the all of the emails at the above site.

You can see for yourself what Anon has on Stuxnet. Reversemode.com published an exploit based on Stuxnet.

edit on 15-2-2011 by mikeATSuser because: edited to add warning

edit on 15-2-2011 by mikeATSuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I would like to know how the heck a virus could set them back in Iran by years. It's just software for petes sake.
Have they ever heard of backing up on a isolated system?
Sounds like BS to me.
I got hit with a few things over the years. I wipe clean, reload, and except for a pain in the butt, all is good.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

It's not your everyday infection, the site I posted has good info, give it a look.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
I would like to know how the heck a virus could set them back in Iran by years. It's just software for petes sake.
Have they ever heard of backing up on a isolated system?
Sounds like BS to me.
I got hit with a few things over the years. I wipe clean, reload, and except for a pain in the butt, all is good.

The virus effected the uranium enriching centrifuges. These have a maximum RPM, very similar to your vehicle, yet are capable of exceeding these RPMS greatly, again very much like your car.

So, the virus infects the controllers and sets the centrifuges to spin at a speed well beyond their sustained maximum and destroy the cetrifuge array. There are thousands of very expensive centrifuges in each array. Do the math.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This all too neat for me...

So ANON now has this worm, which they may use on the Government. The Government than has a perfect excuse and justification to sell the public on an internet kill switch. Sorry, im not buying none of this.; It is all just too convenient

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Anon wouldn't attack the citizens with stuxnet (the real anon)..
We don't have anything to worry about there.
They would drop it on paypal, amazon, ect

Guess what..."dropping" it on paypal, amazon, ect....IS ATTACKING THE CITIZENS.

Unbelievable use of logic in this thread...amazing how delusional some people are.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I'm confused.

Isn't Stuxnet unique in the virus world by having the ability to turn itself on and off whenever it performs an action?

I read that the virus only (i say only, it's bad enough) attack or effect Iran's 'spinner' (centrifuges) equipment?

They have thousands of these things that are crucial to their nuclear energy programme, and the virus hides itself in the operating code for these specific machines.

The way it worked was to create an intermittent 'fault condition' on the centrifuges, which made them spin much, much faster than they were designed to spin safely, then to make them operate normally again, as if nothing had happened. The centrifuge either has to be taken offline, replaced or is destroyed by spinning too fast.

So really, the only really different thing about Stuxnet is in it's on and off behaviour, and it's targeting of specific kit.

What's so special about it, is what i'm really asking i suppose?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

And more

While we, as many others, have believed for some time that Stuxnet’s goal would be to crash IR-1 centrifuges, code analysis of the 417 attack code shows that things are not that simple. Ok, this shouldn’t surprise anyone who followed the Stuxnet saga for a while; this damn virus just keeps coming up with new surprises. Besides cracking centrifuges, another major goal of the attack seems to be the reduction of LEU output (LEU = Low Enriched Uranium).

The following diagram shows four attack profiles of the 417 code that can be thought of as performance diagrams. The vertical axis denotes the number of centrifuges in a cascade. So does the horizontal axis, only that the attackers chose to group the 164 centrifuges that make up a cascade in 15 groups for ease of operation. For example, the 15 to the right end of the horizontal axis corresponds to centrifuges 161 to 164, for example, and the 10 corresponds to centrifuges 81 to 104. An IR-1 cascade is linear, meaning that 164 centrifuges are piped together in one line. UF6 is fed into centrifuge 1 and enriched. From there, it is passed to centrifuge 2, and so on, up to centrifuge 164, and from there to the next cascade.

www.langner.com...

Also worth a look (youtube link as well so no one has to visit the scary ccc site lmao)

edit on 15-2-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Well...technically you're right, but really it's the businesses themselves that stand to lose the most, so they themselves would be the actual target, the 'citizens' who use their services would be affected by proxy, yes..but not attacked directly.

Could argue it's a moot point, if citizens will lose their ability to accept or make payments, they're still affected either way.

But then on the other hand, i've lost count of the amount of times i've heard US military commanders remark that war is hell and there are always collateral casualties, when talking about actual blood and guts war...i guess the same is true of a cyber war too.

One could be pragmatic and reason that Anonymous are fighting for our interests, and business and citizens connected to the attacked business are aiding and abetting the 'enemy', therefore are considered collateral casualties.

At least these casualties are not the permanent sort.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

source: hbgary.anonleaks.ru...

ROFLMAO -----Original Message----- From: Greg Hoglund [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 11:17 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: watch stuxnet do it's work on a PLC

Forward to 3:16 in this video to see Stuxnet infect a PLC and cause some damage. This pretty much sums up what Stuxnet is doing inside factories right now. www.youtube.com... -Greg

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeATSuser

Cheers Mike, just watched the video.

Interesting, now i see what the fuss is about.

Let's just hope that an operating nuclear reactor doesn't get infected..especially the emergency core shut down routines!

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think it would be in Anonymous' best interest to stay clear of anything to do with the Stuxnet virus, if they have the information, great, however they should not be using it. No one should.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Ah-ha.

Now I see what you're all about.

Another Blame-Israel thread....they are so evil.

By the way, stuxnet, as I have read, apparently by Symantec's standards, is a really unsophisticated worm, targeting only a specific Siemens controller program. Nice try. Not 'The Bomb', more like a 'bic'. But whatev.

After 5 pages I see what your all about.

Blahblahblah Israel did it!

So tired of the same old crap.

I see you made some nice stars though, congrats.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Explanation: St*r for you!

Personal Disclosure: If I could do it [which is what really scares me
] then any 'script kiddies' [which is where all programmers start] worth his weight in goo can work it out also!

And it only takes 1 irresponsible jerk and we not only scruined but also scroomed!

P.S. Sorry to be such a deep heavy buzzkill!
:

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join