It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Has the Bomb

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

self censored due to off-topic and derailing nature of this post originally. Apologies to SL and also everybody else. Sorry. My bad.

edit on 15-2-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edit to redact and explian redaction. soz

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Considering this situation, the mission statement on the HBGary website is rather amusing:

The cyber world has grown out of control. State and national law enforcement mechanisms are not equipped to deal with the rapidly evolving threat. The complexity of information systems has far exceeded the ability to secure them, while reliance on these systems has only increased. HBGary has an intimate understanding of this problem; We know that understanding the attacker and his methods is the only way to defeat him. This is the core strength of HBGary and why our technology and services outperform the competition. To us, it's personal.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Simpleton, anon existed years before there was a wikileaks ya newbie. You know nothing.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
To all the newbs ,
"Anonymous" is not a terrorist group. For gods sake, educate yourselves, please.
Anonymous is a group of greasy teenagers and yuppies who are so bored at work that they get thier kicks from making lame captions of cat pictures on 4chan and 7chan. EVERYBODY on the xChan image boards has an anonymous log-in. Thats where the name "anonymous" comes from.
Eventually enough of them got bored enough with making lame captions to cat pictures and decided they really dont like Scientology and Tom Cruse and decided it would look cool to wear guy fawks masks and bring lulz if they held street parties (aka "Protests") in front of Scientology centers from time to time.
So a couple of them know how to code and decide it would be a real furpile to hack a website or two. Big frigging deal.
The goal remains the same for the majority of them: Caption cat pictures for the cheezeburgers.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Can this be a reason, a simple excuse, for our govt and military to place us into martial law to prevent "public disturbances"

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds
Considering this situation, the mission statement on the HBGary website is rather amusing:

The cyber world has grown out of control. State and national law enforcement mechanisms are not equipped to deal with the rapidly evolving threat. The complexity of information systems has far exceeded the ability to secure them, while reliance on these systems has only increased. HBGary has an intimate understanding of this problem; We know that understanding the attacker and his methods is the only way to defeat him. This is the core strength of HBGary and why our technology and services outperform the competition. To us, it's personal.

this is def worth laughing at, anonymous slapped their mission statement in the face haha

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Not sure if these have been linked yet?

www.securitynewsdaily.com...

hbgary.anonleaks.ru...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vzdragon06430
To all the newbs ,
"Anonymous" is not a terrorist group. For gods sake, educate yourselves, please.
Anonymous is a group of greasy teenagers and yuppies who are so bored at work that they get thier kicks from making lame captions of cat pictures on 4chan and 7chan. EVERYBODY on the xChan image boards has an anonymous log-in. Thats where the name "anonymous" comes from.
Eventually enough of them got bored enough with making lame captions to cat pictures and decided they really dont like Scientology and Tom Cruse and decided it would look cool to wear guy fawks masks and bring lulz if they held street parties (aka "Protests") in front of Scientology centers from time to time.
So a couple of them know how to code and decide it would be a real furpile to hack a website or two. Big frigging deal.
The goal remains the same for the majority of them: Caption cat pictures for the cheezeburgers.

Takes one to know one huh?

And you are completely wrong (except for the terrorist bit) - Anonymous may have had its root origins within the 4chan boards but it took on a life of its own and spread far beyond that during the attack on Scientology. I know because I followed it from the first video release of the 'Message to Scientology', and having never visited 4chan in my life.
edit on 15/2/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds

Ha!

Such a display of primitive MACHISM on their behalf... if these corporate IT security "experts" were so brilliant, they'd know that a game is better played professionally and intelligently, and not by bragging and going into some weird, personal Holy War for the sake of the State of Israel and/or corporate America!

The only strength of corporations is in their professionalism (that includes personal detachment), aside from legal unaccountability...

Well now these neo-con men in suits now pay for their sheer stupidity.

edit on 15/2/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vzdragon06430

lol, I laugh at how to call these people newbs.

Your description of anonymous is rather wrong as well, just thought i would let you know.

There are more than just a few "kids" who are "script kiddies" there. Ya that is the typical stereotype, but I assure, There are some extremely intelligent and creative people on there, who's abilities far surpass yours.

Just look up what a rootkit developer is

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If true this makes me happy

They should unleash it on the pentagon, NSA, CIA , MOSSAD and wipe them out. Heck do me a favor and unleas it on credit card companies in conjunction as well.

Long live Anon

Oh there are people my age belonging to anon for those of you thinking they are a bunch of 12 year olds running script And pinging web sites . You know nothing of anon then. When the sh*t hits the fan what will you say then? Ever read their messages? Not written by children in any sense more along the line of college educated.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Alright I'm not sure if its been already posted but even if it is it's good to repeat this:

Stuxnet and the hacker nonsense

A hacker group [Anon] claimed possession of Stuxnet source code, and certain media thought it was worth an article. Actually, it’s not. Stuxnet binaries are available on the Internet for everybody. Everybody can download a copy of Stuxnet and start reverse engineering the code.

Click Here for the Source

The source website has been mentioned in this thread several times thanks to well informed people. Article in the OP is most likely a vast exaggeration of what really happened because everyone and their mom in the media wants to hype Anonymous and reap profits from the sensationalism.

There is no secret of Stuxnet, there are no some top secret Stuxnet blueprints, or any other data that has not been already published for everyone, at least according to those who "dissembled" the virus. You can learn much more about it on that Langner site.

Furthermore, Stuxnet does not even have any special secret in it - it used security holes that were known to the "hacker community" (lets just call it like that) for several years. Its only secret is that it used quite a number of those holes, unlike most viruses which usually rely on only one. But they patched them now, so Stuxnet is useless now - its total junk. Therefore, there is nothing ground-breaking about this virus, it is simply a virus of unusually fine quality which has apparently failed in its purpose. The main purpose of the virus was to slightly sabotage nuclear reactor processes by making it look as if the machinery is under-performing while in reality software is purposefully limiting its capabilities.

Again, the virus cannot be "unleashed" on anyone or anything because Microsoft has patched the security holes on which this virus relied, and of course anti virus companies have immediately updated their definitions for detecting Stuxnet.
edit on 15/2/2011 by SassyCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I would have to say i disagree strongly with your sentiments. From my preliminary understanding, this is a virus that should be in NO ONES hands IMO. Even 1 rogue developer could use this tool to create EXTREME chaos. You dont really understand how DEPENDENT western life is on its IT abilities. So I will stand by my conviction that this is a bad thing.

Social protest goes to far when you start destroying things. Things that really arent responsible for the situation your protesting. Youd think that after a protest is over, the people would still want to use the infrastructure we have. Thats why I so strongly disapprove of anarchism and rioting. Inanimate objects arent responsible for your plights, and destroying them will neither solve them either.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hey all, I'm getting a late start here, and I admit I did not read through all nine pages. If this has been stated/asked before, my apologies and if you could direct me to the reply I'd appreciate it.

Ok, so I just read this story on a msm news site, yes very scary, be scared of new defined terrorist group anonymous. K, except I am vaguely familiar with the group, at least enough to know that it is not some super secret club hiding out in a cave, oops their moms basement. They are loosely associated, if at all.

Now, I also must consider with their recent activity, successes, threats, etc. is it not possible that this is simply a front to discredit them and deter would be wanna be hackers from seeking involvement or lending their (the wannabe's) support. The first time I really saw any substantial media coverage of the group was when they were annoying corporate websites. Most stories and "phone in expert former hackers" were all saying that this group was nothing substantial and that dos attacks were even hacking. Now, all of a sudden they are this internet super group stealing a top secret virus from the government and threatening to unleash it? Fast learners huh

So.......am I incorrect in my understanding of anon? Has perhaps some hacker superstar decided to join them and do this? Or is all just a bunch of bologna to try and discredit them and their stated cause?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoHazard

The IT firm that enables WikiLeaks to accept donations has threatened to sue Visa and Mastercard after they suspended any payments intended for the whistleblowing website Read more: www.thefirstpost.co.uk...

www.thefirstpost.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by PsychoHazard

The IT firm that enables WikiLeaks to accept donations has threatened to sue Visa and Mastercard after they suspended any payments intended for the whistleblowing website Read more: www.thefirstpost.co.uk...

www.thefirstpost.co.uk...

That's an old link bro.

December 8th.

--- EDIT: IGNORE ME, didn't realise your post was a reply... sorry

edit on 15-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

The true extent know one knows.

IMO. anonymous is comprised of 90% wanna be kids. 7% people with a fairly decent understanding of computers/the net. and then you have the 3% who do know what they are doing, to an extent. I cant speak for everyone, but there are some smart cookies over there?

Dont believe me? Just about every anonymous website has a technology/computers board, go ask them yourself....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The Stuxnet virus depends up some zero-day and unreleased Operating System exploits to gain privileges on systems it infects. If the Stuxnet virus was released into any US computer systems (or any other friendly nation), the exploited vulnerability would be reported and the vendor (MS) would release a patch to fix it.

Stuxnet itself was highly tailored to attack specific industrial computer systems. The exploits within it could be used to fashion a new virus, but as I pointed out its efficacy would be limited as the exploits would quickly be exposed and fixed.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
The Stuxnet virus depends up some zero-day and unreleased Operating System exploits to gain privileges on systems it infects. If the Stuxnet virus was released into any US computer systems (or any other friendly nation), the exploited vulnerability would be reported and the vendor (MS) would release a patch to fix it.

Stuxnet itself was highly tailored to attack specific industrial computer systems. The exploits within it could be used to fashion a new virus, but as I pointed out its efficacy would be limited as the exploits would quickly be exposed and fixed.

if it is as simple as releasing a patch why are the russians and iranians having such a hard time fixing it.

kx

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vzdragon06430

Anonymous is a group of greasy teenagers and yuppies who are so bored at work that they get thier kicks from making lame captions of cat pictures on 4chan and 7chan.

Hey Hey HEY now! Say what you like, you savage, but dont attack the cat pictures!

I like those. Lol.

Im just wondering if, with all the "government shuts down social networking and the internet" if we arent about to be punked somehow.

We are getting foreplay for some kind of screwing, I just cant figure out how they are going to bend us.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join