It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can HAARP Create Earthquakes?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

While these papers do mention and look at ELF waves, their focus is on these in the ionosphere and the subtle changes that take place in this region 5 - 11 days before an earthquake. As for the earth's magnetic field not capable in causing earthquakes, try telling that to all the scientist and people concerned about the next pole shift. Major global disruptions are expected on that one.

There is also a great deal of energy stored within a magnet. The science of magnetic currents is still building and subject to a lot of patient suppression from the energy industry, but there are other threads around for this.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

As for the earth's magnetic field not capable in causing earthquakes,

I was not aware I had said that? The magnetic field cannot of course just by existing.

try telling that to all the scientist and people concerned about the next pole shift. Major global disruptions are expected on that one.

Which type of pole shift are we talking about here? Just wanted to get that straight before I reply.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

causing alterations in the natural magnetic forces within the Earth it introduce external stresses to the tectonic plates and induce earthquakes.

Even if it did that, which it obviously does not, if could not be directed. The stresses in the tectonic plates are not magnetic, or based on magnetism. The electro-magnetic signal is a by product of the crushing of rock.

As for the pole shift I was thinking about the big one, pole reversal / flip as an example.
edit on 22-4-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'flip'

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

As for the pole shift I was thinking about the big one, pole reversal / flip as an example.

Thanks, just wanted to clear that up as some mean the movement of the crust of the earth by an insane number of degrees when they refer to pole shift.

On the matter of a complete magnetic reversal I don't believe that there is any evidence of cataclysm when this has happened in the past. I should be interested to hear of this if there is. There is also some debate as to whether this is a slow or an instant process.

Either way HAARP was not around when it last happened

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It has been quiet here for a while.
Some think HARP can create Earthquakes, others don't.
It is difficult to present "proof" for any of the claims so I would like to ask another question and go from the quake, backward to the Ionosphere and HARP or other similar facilities.

Question then is: Are Tectonic Pressures Changing the Ionosphere Before Earthquakes?

As far as I know, The M9 Tohoku Japan earthquake of March 11, 2011 the ionosphere over Japan changed dramatically in the days before the earthquake.

Also, data from the DEMETER spacecraft did show a significant increase in ultra-low frequency radio signals before the magnitude 7 Haiti earthquake in January 2010.

My next question then is: Can changes in the Ionosphere trigger earthquakes?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roald

Can a firecracker make a bang?

My next question then is: can a bang make a firecracker?

Cart. Horse. Order is essential.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Roald

There is the science of seismicelectromagnitism investigating this issue and a few papers around establishing that there is a link.

reply to post by Bedlam

Order is essential.

If you are aware of the order of things can you please present your accurate model of earthquake forecasting? Considering that changes in the ionosphere are detected in the days BEFORE and earthquake it does suggest something about the ordering.
edit on 24-2-2013 by kwakakev because: added bit about ordering

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

You're seeing the effects of piezoelectric phenomena caused by rock deformation. Second line.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Is this a theory or are you aware of any studies that have identified electromagnetic effects closer to the ground in the days leading up to an earth quake? If it is a piezoelectric effect from the increase pressure in the rock then the electromagnetic signals must be a lot stronger closer to the source than 100km or so away from it up in the sky.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
reply to post by Bedlam

Is this a theory or are you aware of any studies that have identified electromagnetic effects closer to the ground in the days leading up to an earth quake? If it is a piezoelectric effect from the increase pressure in the rock then the electromagnetic signals must be a lot stronger closer to the source than 100km or so away from it up in the sky.

There have been lots of studies - hit google scholar. Yeah, you'd certainly think so, it must be pretty fierce down low.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join