It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru?? New planet to be discovered. Four times the size of Jupiter!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
We infer the existance of planets around other stars by there gravitational influence.That said,Why does an object 4 times the size of jupiter not exert a equivelent influence on our solar system?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Quote from the CNN article;

The presence of such a massive object in the solar system's far-flung Oort Cloud could explain a barrage of comets from an unexpected direction, according to a December article at Space.com.

Its 27 million-year orbit could also explain a pattern of mass extinctions on Earth, scientists say.

Something obviously doesn't add up here with a 27 million year orbit. Oort cloud about 3 light years in diameter. Milky Way galaxy about 100,000 light years in diameter, we orbit the MW in 200 million years. If an object takes 27 million years to orbit our sun then it is going Voyager slow or it's just a nomad visiting lots of friendly star systems to tickle it's fancy.

You have a blog you have zero need of any accountability, and they should be treated as such.

If people choose their own laws of physics, or lack there of than just about anything can be explained, or proposed with zero basis of comparisons or observations, which means such accounts are just stories, fantasy.

Here it goes, try number seven:

A 27 million year orbit equates to a distance of 307 light-years
At 15,000 AU, the orbit would be 1.8 million years.

This shows that "Tyche" cannot be responsible for the periodic mass extinctions.
It doesn't mean it doesn't exist, though. It just means it's not a ecocidal twin to our sun.

A 3600 year orbit is a distance of 35,143,345,486 km, or 235 AU. This is the distance some mystery planet would have to be at to qualify for Nibiru. Since there is no planet-sized object at this distance, Nibiru does not exist.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

My understanding of the definition of what defines the physical boundaries of a black hole are in agreement with both yourself and nataylor on the previous page.

A black hole is defined by the Schwarzschild radius, the point of no return.The accretion disc is driven by the black hole but matter within the accretion disc is not necessarily doomed to oblivion (or infinity, whichever you'd prefer).

Current theory suggests that as a young galaxy evolves, an active quasar can convert enough mass to energy so efficiently on such a scale that the radiation can actually negate the gravitational force at a point in the accretion disc, actually holding the matter at bay and pushing it back past a certain distance which in turn stops the black hole from feeding and causes the quasar to become "dormant" and allows the galaxy to settle down and become respectable like our very own milky way.

Bottom line is Soylent Green Is People is correct, nothing except Hawking radiation (if it exists) escapes a black hole and that line of no escape is drawn at the event horizon.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Err how do u go about working out the orbit of the object ? There is currently NO way to know how big its orbit, or how fast its moving around the sun. We just dont have enough data of the object. It could EASILY fit the timeline CNN talk of.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

So now it's all over the MSM. CNN is all over it. Any questions debunkers? Time to try a new tact in derailing our 2012/Nibiru threads, eh?

Uh.. this planet, if it even exists, probably won't be in our neighborhood for I dunno.. 30 or 40 million years. If ever. So no, I don't think 2012 is anything to worry about.

Nibiru is bunk tho.. I am still amazed people think an ancient people who thought it was a good idea to cut out each other's hearts, and thought the 5 visible planets and the moon and sun were gods, had intimate knowledge of something we are only now starting think MIGHT exist with our advanced technology.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

My iPhone corrects things in a weird way obviously I did not mean acres my iPhone corrected it to that. If u check the date of my edit it clearly shows I changed it before even replied. I'm Mad because I showed u that the galaxy is actually much larger and in your reply your reply you take the idea as your own you really are a rival of mine.

Don't say you didnt believer in The niburu nonsense you started spouting nonsense about it sucking in the possible planet and it teleporting or flinging it to the inner solarsystem. I have now deemed it so that I shall not reply to your posts.

You also argue without evidence so it's rather lame to try and refute or discuss points ideas with you.
edit on 15-2-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draken
reply to post by CLPrime

Err how do u go about working out the orbit of the object ? There is currently NO way to know how big its orbit, or how fast its moving around the sun. We just dont have enough data of the object. It could EASILY fit the timeline CNN talk of.

Read the last few pages of the thread.

CLPrime has posted the math a half dozen times and I posted a link a few pages back to an cheat app that lets you choose common parameters from a drop down menu.(for us lazy people in the crowd)

All you need is the mass of the primary body and either an estimate of the distance or the velocity or the orbital period and everything else falls into place. If the satellite is proportionately close in mass to the primary then you need to know its mass as well.

There is no shame in not knowing but none of this is new. Johannes Kepler laid the ground rules around 1600 and Sir Isaac Newton ironed out the seams 100 years later. Rather than being incredulous why don't you ask if you don't understand some part of the puzzle? If you can do basic math you've got all the tools you need to tackle the problem then you can see for yourself whether the CNN report is correct.

Edit: here you go... orbitsimulator
edit on 15-2-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
I wish people would get more creative with their naming also

I love how the Niburu name came from a few video games.

Then we have "Galactic Federation" also from a video game.

I think people need to lay off the playstation
edit on 15-2-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

Actually Nibiru comes from Zacharia Sitchen books on ancient Sumerian text regarding the creation of man, based on genetic engineering..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Ive got a degree in geology, so im pretty aware on how planetary bodies form and get their orbits. Without knowing the exact mass and make up of planet X, we can not say anything about its orbit yet. The current info we have on the body is highly speculative. All that we know is that we MIGHT have another large body out near the oort cloud really.

Let alone it might be a dwarf companion star to the sun, making the orbit even more unpredictable.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Draken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
I wish people would get more creative with their naming also

I love how the Niburu name came from a few video games.

Then we have "Galactic Federation" also from a video game.

I think people need to lay off the playstation

Actually Nibiru comes from Zacharia Sitchen books on ancient Sumerian text regarding the creation of man, based on genetic engineering..

Dates further back even. Babylonian stories talk about Nubiru in the sky as a planet, but most people believe they were just talking about Jupiter, and it had nothing to do with the end of the world or creation story.
Zacharia Sitchen just found the reference and made up a BS story.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Cool news. I wonder if this messes up predictions for asteroids like apophis.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
wow. gravity alone from that place would crush us wouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

reply to post by CLPrime

Read the last few pages of the thread.

CLPrime has posted the math a half dozen times and I posted a link a few pages back to an cheat app that lets you choose common parameters from a drop down menu.(for us lazy people in the crowd)

All you need is the mass of the primary body and either an estimate of the distance or the velocity or the orbital period and everything else falls into place. If the satellite is proportionately close in mass to the primary then you need to know its mass as well.

Patience is a virtue.
Thank you for doing my job in my absence

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
There sure are a lot of posts and calculations based on the assumption that this object is orbiting our sun.

Since the majority of stars are binary or even trinary, these are premature and risky assumptions and IMO, you guys sound way too definitive.

If anyone wants to place blind trust in a profession and government agency that doesn't even agree on the definition of a planet and can't find a massive object 4X the size of Jupiter in our own solar system, that's up to you, but I won't be joining you.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Ive got a degree in geology, so im pretty aware on how planetary bodies form and get their orbits. Without knowing the exact mass and make up of planet X, we can not say anything about its orbit yet. The current info we have on the body is highly speculative. All that we know is that we MIGHT have another large body out near the oort cloud really.

Let alone it might be a dwarf companion star to the sun, making the orbit even more unpredictable.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Draken because: (no reason given)

Again, both masses have to be reasonably proportionate for the satellites mass to have any measurable effect. In this case the difference in orbital period, velocity or distance of semi major axis between an object 1 Jupiter mass and an object 8 Jupiter masses orbiting the Sun at a modest distance of 5000 AU is a few hundredths of a percent.

In this case, Dr. Whitmire has been refining his model from the available data for 25 years, if your going to put any faith in the Dr.'s theory you need to accept the 4 MJ figure as being well refined within the mechanism Dr. Whitmire and friends have created. As demonstrated, even with a huge margin of error the effect on the predicted outcome is infinitesimal.

Elemental composition has nothing to do with it, mass is everything. Gravity doesn't care if it is a Jupiter mass worth of hydrogen or solid iron, it will be the same.

The brown dwarf description being thrown about is incorrect as well, 4 MJ is way too small. Closer to 13 MJ is the low end of the mass necessary for a sub stellar object to meet the criteria of a brown dwarf. Also the orbital mechanics of a dwarf companion are no more unpredictable than a rocky planetoid, what makes you believe that would throw a wrench in the works?

I agree that the data is highly speculative and I don't believe Dr. Whitmire's modified Nemesis theory will prove to be the case. I wish him all the luck in the world and would love Tyche to be out there but I just don't see it in the data.

As mentioned earlier, the data from WISE should find anything if its there. Planet X was a big part of the mission and out of the 200,000 objects uncovered by the data thus far there is nothing resembling this object.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
reply to post by Kryties

My iPhone corrects things in a weird way obviously I did not mean acres my iPhone corrected it to that. If u check the date of my edit it clearly shows I changed it before even replied. I'm Mad because I showed u that the galaxy is actually much larger and in your reply your reply you take the idea as your own you really are a rival of mine.

So what? Your iPhone is not my problem.

I did NOT take your 'ideas' by the way - are you saying it was YOU that came up with the calculation for the length of our galaxy? Are you some form of Astronomer? NO you are not. I got that info from a University website - not you. I can't believe you just tried to claim its YOUR discovery lmao.

The whole point of the post you were replying to was that I was trying to show A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT POSTER TO YOU that our galaxy is not 'millions of light years' across as they tried to claim. You weaselled your way in and started nitpicking about something that really had nothing to do with you - as it was clearly directed at the poster named Ashyr.

Now is that clear enough for you? Or do I need to start using baby words hmmm?

Don't say you didnt believer in The niburu nonsense you started spouting nonsense about it sucking in the possible planet and it teleporting or flinging it to the inner solarsystem.

Oh, so now you are going to try to put words in my mouth? I noticed you effectively skipped over the questions I asked you - and are now trying to turn it around on me - classic sign of someone who is either trolling or has no clue what they are talking about.

I have stated MANY times that I don't subscribe to the 'Nibiru' (BTW Its not NibUru) - just because you have absolutely no argument to reply with, nor can you answer my questions, doesn't mean that you can just automatically slap a 'Nibiru' label on me to deflect attention.

I have now deemed it so that I shall not reply to your posts.

Good for you - would you like a cookie?

You also argue without evidence so it's rather lame to try and refute or discuss points ideas with you.

Evidence? What planet do you live on where I did not present evidence hmmm?????

You are acting like you are some form of intellectual who 'knows all' - for that to work mate you need to form sentences properly, correct spelling mistakes and ABOVE ALL - try to make at least some semblance of sense

Have a nice life.
edit on 15/2/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

I think that there are plenty of planets out there in the universe that have yet to be discovered or named. But to say that this planet is Nibiru/Planet X is to agree with the Mayans and Sumerians who wrote about this planet, and how it plays into the demise of Earth on 12/21/2012. I have a hard time believing this theory because, if this was an accepted theory, why hasn't the government or the scientists tried to create some sort of escape for us? Or weapon? Something to protect us, globally? Are we all just supposed to sit here on earth and wait for our destruction? Also, this doesn't jive with my Christian beliefs, so I am totally skeptical of this whole theory. It doesn't seem logical. I believe this is just one, of many, planets yet to be discovered, as our technology advances. I am going to be laughing my tail off when all the 2012 theorists and believers get proven wrong on 12/22/2012, lol. Because, I believe, we will all still be here.
And this planet, is just another planet.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I heard that 2012 had nothing to do with Nibiru. That it was not going to return till 2900.
The internet is a melting pot of conspiracy memes that mash together in to uber conspiraceys without much factual
background. I actually believed a great deal of these things till I applied my critical thinking breaks and realized that many of them are contradictory and with little backing in real science.
All of these crazy theories have pushed me to become more skeptical. I can only take so many stories trying to tie
reptilians with nibiru and 2012 before I say something or possibly every thing about this has got to be B.S.
Im not saying that I don't believe in conspiracey the paranormal and unusual but there is a lot of bull you have
to sort through and a lot of nonsense.

What irks me the most about 2012 is that there is no common consensus on what it means. You have the doom and gloom camp. Yet the doom and gloom camp have so many theories meteors solar flares nibiru pole shift
jesus coming back ect. Then you have the cosmic enlightenment camp with ascension aliens mass enlightenment ect.
Does anybody bother to actually talk to Mayan decedents about what it means? Or are we left with newage authors being the definitiveness experts on 2012.

Oh I forgot to mention the third camp those that believe that nothing will happen that its just another date in earths history.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

December 21st 2012 marks the end and beginning of a cycle. There are a lot of members that don't know that there are other Mayan calendars that go well beyond 2012.

According to the Maya/Hopi 2012 is not going to be the end of the world, but rather the Earth would go through a process of tribulation and purification which will affect pretty much everyone. Those who are not spiritually inclined and do not know how to live natural lives, which means if they don't know how to live in the outdoors, these people will most certainly perish. But they also talk about a spiritual change alongside physical changes, and those who are not ready spiritually can go virtually insane.

Some other members and I have tried to inform other members of the real Maya/Hopi prophecies. Today's Hopi descendants are Mayan, or a branch of the Maya tribe.

The Hopi do have a prophecy about a red star, the Purifier making it's appearance at the worse time of the tribulation, and that this would be a sign that the worse is about to begin.

In fact their prophecy also mentions a blue/green aka blue katsina, the Sakwa Sohu Katsina. It would appear as a star in our skies and it would shine green/blue. This katsina would signify the beginning of the tribulation. The Hopi agree that comet Holmes was sakwa sohu katsina when in October 2007 part of the comet exploded, expanded and it's brightness increased half a million times more than it was originally. It actually became the biggest object in the Solar System, becoming bigger than the Sun and could be seen with the naked eye.

The prophecy, which has been around for centuries, mentioned that the sakwa sohu katsina would remove it's mask as it is done in the public dances, and literally that was what Holmes did. It's exterior exploded.

This even according to the Hopi was the start of the 7 years of tribulation, and about the end of the 7 years another katsina would appear in our skies, a red katsina, paha sohu katsina which would be the purifier of the world according to Hopi prophecy.

The world will not end, and it will certainly not end on December 21st 2012. That date just marks the end of a cycle, and the beginning of a new cycle.

edit on 16-2-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

if this is the case, then nephilim is perposidly going to reign upon earth. What are you going to do when the profecies are inverted? I really think your post is intriguing and you know that planet x was withdrawn.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join