It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru?? New planet to be discovered. Four times the size of Jupiter!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

u r correct i saw i two min ago very neat but it truly is not to be confused with nemesis coming to end days in 2012 but its nice to know real science is at work however they still dont know if it is even real or where it is so i couldve discovered this one myself lol

bad on me for doubting u

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Greetings:

OOPS!

CNN is still flogging the Tyche story. Ali Velchi made light of it. I'm working on finding their source(s).

news.blogs.cnn.com...

In Peace & Light
tfw

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So now it's all over the MSM. CNN is all over it. Any questions debunkers? Time to try a new tact in derailing our 2012/Nibiru threads, eh?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
its a planet so what??? don't they find planets all the time?
Every new planet get mainstream media attention.. So what the media talks about all of them for 3-4 minutes.

I did basic research on this "niburu"

One group of people say its suppose to collide yet noone can explain how its going to basically "teleport" to collide with the earth, by 2012.

another group says something about the alignment of the planets is going to be forebringer of alien invasion..

My opinion is people need to layoff the comic books......... Really.

What The Hell is there to debunk?
edit on 15-2-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I wish people would get more creative with their naming also

I love how the Niburu name came from a few video games.

Then we have "Galactic Federation" also from a video game.

I think people need to lay off the playstation

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
I wish people would get more creative with their naming also

Then we have "Galactic Federation" also from a video game.

Your rant, sir, wins the dreaded award:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26eb569e8d22.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yay that was cute, you learned how to use google image search!
Obama got everyone using the net now.

...sigh net is slowly going down hill

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draken
You seem to misunderstand the theory behind blackholes. The accretion disk is PART of the blackhole. Matter enters a blackhole and gathers in the accretion disk before falling into the EVENT HORIZON(then it can not leave).
You seem to be referring to the event horizon, not the blackhole itself. The term blackhole includes the event horizon, the singularity and the accretion disk.

Matter in the accretion disk is not necessarily matter that is destined to fall into the black hole. Matter can orbit in the accretion disk for an indefinite period and not fall into the black hole. Hypothetically, a spaceship could be in the accretion disk and power itself away from the black hole. The event horizon is the part of the black hole from which nothing can escape, and all matter that is within the event horizon is doomed to be pulled into the black hole.

The accretion disk is not part of the black hole itself, but rather just an effect of the black hole.. Think of it this way: if the Sun is analogous to the black hole, then the accretion disk could be considered the planets, comets, dust, and asteroids in orbit around the Sun. You wouldn't say all that stuff in orbit around the Sun is part of the Sun, so neither would you say that the accretion disk is part of the black hole.

Therefore, the energy radiating from the accretion disk in the form of the X-ray jets is NOT energy radiating from the actual black hole. Nothing radiates from the black hole except possibly Hawking radiation (if it exists).

edit on 2/15/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
So now it's all over the MSM. CNN is all over it. Any questions debunkers? Time to try a new tact in derailing our 2012/Nibiru threads, eh?

I have a question:
What (in your mind) does this announcement necessarily have to do with Nibiru?

Perhaps it's a new planet, but not Nibiru.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy

Nibiru comes from Babylonian mythology - Looks like it's you who needs to put the joypad down

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

I have a question:
What (in your mind) does this announcement necessarily have to do with Nibiru?

Perhaps it's a new planet, but not Nibiru.

I am not a big Nibiru fan, but the 2nd part of this quote from the CNN article piqued my interest:

The presence of such a massive object in the solar system's far-flung Oort Cloud could explain a barrage of comets from an unexpected direction, according to a December article at Space.com.

Its 27 million-year orbit could also explain a pattern of mass extinctions on Earth, scientists say.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Finally a reliable source.

Astronomers Doubt Giant Planet 'Tyche' Exists in Our Solar System

A duo of planetary astronomers has grabbed media attention by claiming a planet four times the size of Jupiter may be lurking in the outer solar system. They call the planet Tyche.

Many astronomers, however, say it probably isn't there.

No proof of Tyche.

Matthew Holman, a planetary scientist at the Harvard Smithsonian Institute of Astrophysics, is not a Tyche believer.

Though he hasn't read the latest version of Matese's and Whitmire's argument, Holman told Life's Little Mysteries, "Based on past papers that I've seen looking at where long-period comets came from in the sky, and finding signatures of large perturbers of the Oort cloud, I was not persuaded by the evidence."

Hal Levison, a planetary scientist at the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colo., who recently authored a paper on the Oort cloud for Science Magazine, seconded that opinion.

"I haven't read this version of his paper, which he claims now has better statistics than the previous attempts, where he also claimed that he saw evidence of this object," Levison said. "But in previous papers, I really think he did his statistics wrong. Incredible claims require incredible proof and I really believe that he doesn't understand how to do this statistical analysis correctly."

"What Matese claims is that he sees an excess of comets coming from a particular place, which he attributes to the gravitational effects of a large planet in the Oort cloud. I have nothing against the idea, but I think the signal that he claims he sees is very subtle, and I'm not sure it's statistically significant," Levison told Life's Little Mysteries.

"There's another group in England that claims the same thing, but with Jupiter on the other side of the sun," Levison said. "And they also claim to explain the excess of comets."

As always, it's difficult to prove or disprove anything that you can't see or touch, but for now, considering that most astronomers aren't even sure that such an excess of comets exists in the first place, it may be too early to get psyched about Tyche.

edit on 15-2-2011 by john124 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2011 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

edit on 15-2-2011 by Tamahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

So your saying that because you don't understand then the rest of us need to dumb down the science and start embracing groundless speculation?

There is some really good, factual and most importantly verifiable information mixed amongst the usual garbage in this thread. If you choose to disregard it based on your own misinformed ideas about the world around you that's your business but your out of line telling anyone else what questions to ask or what information to share.

The bulk of the conversation has been related to Classical mechanics which have been intimately understood by humanity for nearly 400 years and the proof is all around you.

Do you believe the Voyager probes travelling billions of miles to rendezvous with half the planets in the solar system on a single tank of hydrazine was a lucky guess by the JPL/NASA folks?

The funny part is your assertion that anyone discussing the science behind the theory is engaged in conjecture and contrived evidence is absolutely silly.

Once again, as is evidenced by the content of your post, you clearly don't understand so nobody else can either.

How is the ATS mantra to "deny ignorance" working out for you?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

*SIGHS Nibiru didnt come from a game

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wow. Do you all remember Lucas' presentation at the "Brave New Book Store" in Texas that was on here a bit over a year ago? I watched his presentation several times, and I am flat out, absolutely AMAZED at how his predictions are all coming to fruition. I'm not savvy enough to locate, and paste the presentation on here...maybe someone who is...can? There is a plethera of info on Nibiru, and what TPTB are doing to ensure their survival...and a lot of what they aren't telling us, too. I'm not saying that this is Nibiru...but.............

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

u look foolish now its not niburu freind and it wont be the last and 2012 this planet would have to traveling well it s not what u think

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
JUST ONE THING!!!! 2012 is the mark for the end of the mayan calendar,in other words the countdown is over!!no more dates days or numbers!!!the funny thing is the meaning that this has cause the end of the world ,the end of times,the ww3,the new era for mankind ,the collapse of the planet,THE COLLISION with nibiru,and so on and so on etc...etc........MY QUESTION IS WHY WE ARE SO FANATICS OF THIS KIND OF PARAPHERNALIA???EVEN THE MAYAN ELDERS FROM THIS OUR TIME ARE NOT THE SAME FROM ANCIENT TIMES, I HAVE SEEN MAYANS ELDERS USING DVDS CAMERAS ETC........

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Tyche is possibly an unlit sister to our own Sun.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfe57b4bb8d7.jpg[/atsimg]
[size=-3]Illustration courtesy of author. Copyright 1983

Most (more than 1/3) of the stars in the sky are double stars. Cosmologists have no solid reason why, but this is a simple fact.

In our own solar system, we might also have had a second star, but like 1/3 of star pairs, the sister star had insufficient mass to cause the pressure in the core to start the nuclear reactions, and ignite.

Remember the last part of Arther C. Clark's movie 2010? The black monolith multiplies and deposits it's millions of copies into Jupiter to increase it's mass. Then, Jupiter ignites and becomes a second star.

Tyche is essentially a gas giant many times larger than Jupiter, according to what we know. It has then no solid surface until you go deep into it's atmosphere where the pressures are thousands of pounds per square inch. And the surface could be a metallic or liquid gas. Life as we know it, would not exist. But we have not seen other worlds and the tenacious lifeforms, so cousins to the extreamophiles we see on Earth might actually have evolved. But not likely.

The idea this is the mythical or theoretical Nibiru would only be possible if it was a rocky core, solid surface planet. Atmosphere could be anything, but is likely tenuous if at all. Any life would be unrecognizable to us, and if human-like, or to the descriptions given in Nibiru theory, would need to survive in cold space with only technological means. Likely, and most logically deep within the crust of the planet. But technologies might sustain a surface based habitat. All wild speculation, but I am just thinking out loud here.

The Voyager spacecraft also showed aberrancies in it's projected path years ago. Some speculation there were other objects unseen and therefore without those to add to computational navigation, are effecting the spacecraft's track. Such a massive planet as Tyche would easily account for that.

I am waiting for more information on the orbital details of the object or planet. It might be on a large ellyptical orbit of the sun, putting it out for thousands of years before a return. It's effect on the other planets and in fact the Sun can only speculated.

For now we can only guess and wonder if ancient writings account for the awareness of this planet.

Someone mentioned the Ort cloud being "large and dense with many spaces in between". This is incorrect. It is leftover matter, gases and debris from the solar system, as well as captured material. But it is as diffuse as a bowl of talcum powder spread between the Earth and the Moon. Volumes in space are hard to understand, and in most cases visualize.

ZG

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TolanIsMaximus
Wow. Do you all remember Lucas' presentation at the "Brave New Book Store" in Texas that was on here a bit over a year ago? I watched his presentation several times, and I am flat out, absolutely AMAZED at how his predictions are all coming to fruition. I'm not savvy enough to locate, and paste the presentation on here...maybe someone who is...can?

I agree, excellent presentation. Lucus is the best.

Here's Part 1:

BTW, Lucus is the same guy who made The Ultimate Con, the most-watched 9/11 YouTube video, with over 20 million views.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join