It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru?? New planet to be discovered. Four times the size of Jupiter!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Planets dont have elliptical orbits like comets. It would be nice to know the length in earth years of its orbit around the sun (esp if 3500-3600 yrs). I guess it doesnt matter what it is called (based on it's orbit) if it is planetary size (and gravity) and it shows up near our orbit, then we're in for a wild ride (pole shift, attendant winds and tsunamis, and temporary stoppage of the earth's rotation, etc).
edit on 14-2-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

Hello to All, I am new and english is not my primary language so forgive me any errors.
I know my source may not be reliable but according to Ramatis, The Planet called Nibiru, Planet X , etc..., does not belong to the solar system.
Its orbit takes 12.000 years and it goes around a brown dwarf that is not yet discovered and this brown dwarf is aproximately 3 light years away.
The speed of the earth going around the sun is roughly 107.000 Km per hour.
The escape velocity for solar system must be above 70 Km per second depending on where you are, but the planet Ramatis talks about is
going incredibly fast, its speed is above 300 Km per second and its perpendicular orbit reaches 3 or more light years. When this planet approaches the solar system it speeds up even more. That is why Mr. Harrington (deceased astronomer who first detected the planet) said The planet had traveled 43 billion miles in just 8 years.
Ramatis also said that cientists would be uncertain about the nature of the celestial body, thinking it is a comet or gas planet, because commom belief states that a planet cannot exist outside a solar system which is wrong.
Ramatis also said the Magnetic Field of the planet is enormous and will start affecting even more all the planets when it reaches the Kuiper Belt.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple
reply to post by daveyboy1991

Look up "long period comets" to get a little insight on how the Sun can have a gravitational effect on objects at great distance.

Speaking of which, Halley's Comet goes almost out to Pluto and gets back here in 74-79 years. 3500 year orbit from the Oort Cloud is not unreasonable...

This isn't directly aimed at you (then ask me, why am I quoting you, right?), but... I'm going to say this yet again:

The orbital period of a planet in the outer Oort cloud would be around 6.5 million years. There is nothing "not unreasonable" about a 3600-year orbit at this distance.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This planet does not even correspond at all with the details that Sitchin provided. Plus the only source cited by the OP was the Daily Mail - this is one of the least credible sources in Britain.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

I'm talking about a Chinese "word". Your the one who's jumping to conclusions about the Chinese.

Lighten up, 'twas a joke.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone
This planet does not even correspond at all with the details that Sitchin provided. Plus the only source cited by the OP was the Daily Mail - this is one of the least credible sources in Britain.

The daily mail is one of the only newspapers that is credible. Alongside with the independant and guardian. You just gotta look at papers such as the sun and the daily star... THey have no reason to lie

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by andradez

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Planets dont have elliptical orbits like comets. It would be nice to know the length in earth years of its orbit around the sun (esp if 3500-3600 yrs). I guess it doesnt matter what it is called (based on it's orbit) if it is planetary size (and gravity) and it shows up near our orbit, then we're in for a wild ride (pole shift, attendant winds and tsunamis, and temporary stoppage of the earth's rotation, etc).
edit on 14-2-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

Hello to All, I am new and english is not my primary language so forgive me any errors.
I know my source may not be reliable but according to Ramatis, The Planet called Nibiru, Planet X , etc..., does not belong to the solar system.
Its orbit takes 12.000 years and it goes around a brown dwarf that is not yet discovered and this brown dwarf is aproximately 3 light years away.
The speed of the earth going around the sun is roughly 107.000 Km per hour.
The escape velocity for solar system must be above 70 Km per second depending on where you are, but the planet Ramatis talks about is
going incredibly fast, its speed is above 300 Km per second and its perpendicular orbit reaches 3 or more light years. When this planet approaches the solar system it speeds up even more. That is why Mr. Harrington (deceased astronomer who first detected the planet) said The planet had traveled 43 billion miles in just 8 years.
Ramatis also said that cientists would be uncertain about the nature of the celestial body, thinking it is a comet or gas planet, because commom belief states that a planet cannot exist outside a solar system which is wrong.
Ramatis also said the Magnetic Field of the planet is enormous and will start affecting even more all the planets when it reaches the Kuiper Belt.

sounds like Gliese 581

coupmedia.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by andradez

Mhhhhhh, that would make the magnetic field ridiculously large and improbable given the laws of physics

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Do all planets orbit the Sun at the same velocity? How did you get that figure?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
FFS.. some of you are really desperate to hear ANYTHING about Nibiru/Planet X/Whatever, it seems like you're waiting for the end of the world. To the point of relating anything to Nibiru.
A new star found? 100% proof it is Nibiru! A comet is flying through our system? Nibiru for sure!

Anyways, about the article..
A planet "thousands of times further from the Sun than Earth", as the article states, is not a planet that could possibly orbit around the Sun. Our Sun's gravitational pull simply doesn't reach that far.

This is our Solar System:

Look at the distance between Earth and the Sun.. now multiply that by a thousand (possibly thousands). Surely that isn't anywhere around the Sun's gravitational pull.

edit on 14-2-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

reply to post by CLPrime

Do all planets orbit the Sun at the same velocity? How did you get that figure?

I did the math the first time I posted it, but here it is again:

The formula for orbital period (T) is...

T = 2*pi*sqrt(a^3/GM)

where "M" is the mass of the sun and "a" is the semi-major axis.

Given a distance from the sun (a) of 15,000 AU, or 2243968060365 km, this gives an orbital period of 57966136495072 seconds, or about 1.8 million years.
My result of 6.5 million years was for a slightly larger semi-major axis, but the point is the same. For a planet travelling within the inner Oort cloud, this gives an orbital period of more than 150,000 years.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
FFS.. some of you are really desperate to hear ANYTHING about Nibiru/Planet X/Whatever, it seems like you're waiting for the end of the world. To the point of relating anything to Nibiru.
A new star found? 100% proof it is Nibiru! A comet is flying through our system? Nibiru for sure!

Anyways, about the article..
A planet "thousands of times further from the Sun than Earth", as the article states, is not a planet that could possibly orbit around the Sun. Our Sun's gravitational pull simply doesn't reach that far.

This is our Solar System:

Look at the distance between Earth and the Sun.. now multiply that by a thousand (possibly thousands). Surely that isn't anywhere around the Sun's gravitational pull.

edit on 14-2-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

It's not only Suns that have gravity....in fact it could be part of a "thread" Dark Matter.
Dark matter has Mass (Gravity) therefor it is logical that being part of a thread planets and stars may be held in regions of space where the pull from a star is none existent or in the low end of the scale(Brown Dwarf).
So orbiting our sun.....No orbiting Our solar system as its part of our thread.....yes.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveyboy1991

The daily mail is one of the only newspapers that is credible. Alongside with the independant and guardian. You just gotta look at papers such as the sun and the daily star... THey have no reason to lie

LOL! I really hope this is a sarcastic comment, though it's hard to tell! The Guardian is in another league mate. The Daily Mail is a broadsheet tabloid, they do not report news or reliable information - they report nonsense. They have many, many agendas - most of these revolve around creating fear over Gypsies, Muslims, Murders, etc. whilst focusing on celebrity gossip. Therefore, they have many reasons to lie - they do not have any responsibility to print the truth or facts and rarely do. Please do not mislead anyone into believing otherwise. This is literally one of the least credible sources of information in the UK after the Sun.

Proof: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 14-2-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2011 by arollingstone because: reducing quotes

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The nature of the magnetic field of the planet in question, according to Ramatis, is more ethereal , maybe like the magnetic field of Rhea (moon of Saturn).
When the magnetic field gets compressed by Solar Wind going against the increased speed of the planet as it sling shot through the sol system will become denser and affect all planets in its vicinity.
Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Well there you have it. Sounds like Nibiru can go in the Hoax bin. Should have known better when the Sumarian's best description of Uranus was "Mas Seeg" or "Much Green."

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by CLPrime

Well there you have it. Sounds like Nibiru can go in the Hoax bin. Should have known better when the Sumarian's best description of Uranus was "Mas Seeg" or "Much Green."

I wouldn't go as far as throwing it in the hoax bin. Sure it could definately be a hoax, but because this is "discovered" doesn't mean Nibiru isn't out there.

link   
New Theory. It is really an Alien Space station. They hollowed out an entire planet and retrofitted it with tech and it acts as an orbiting outer fringe out post. From this death star like ship they can scan the immediate area of space and a whole civilization lives on this artificial planet ship. To save energy it maintains a weak orbit. But when D days comes they planet ship can come into contact with earth in a blink of an eye.

Would be something if a civilization could hollow out and make a moon or planet into a space ship. It wouldn't surprise me if there were other planets in our solar system with life on them. We only know what the leaders of civilization tell us. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Grey's inhabit a planet in our immediate solar system say Mars on a different dimensional plain on the planet. Or if there were 4 extra planets. There could be intelligent life on venus or even on Jupiter or other gas planets that can only survive in those types of environments and travel here in space suits. Invading earth wouldn't serve beings with different biological makeups and dependencies. Who is to say that water etc is a prerequisite for life. We could be over looking a lot of worlds making that assumption.

link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
It's not only Suns that have gravity....in fact it could be part of a "thread" Dark Matter.
Dark matter has Mass (Gravity) therefor it is logical that being part of a thread planets and stars may be held in regions of space where the pull from a star is none existent or in the low end of the scale(Brown Dwarf).
So orbiting our sun.....No orbiting Our solar system as its part of our thread.....yes.

......WHAT?
What is this "thread Dark Matter" you're speaking of?

Something as far as "thousands of times the distance of the Earth from the Sun" is not orbiting our Sun = it is not a part of our Solar System.
If any planet could simply be orbiting our Sun at these distances our Solar System would've been much, much bigger and containing a whole lot more PLANETS than just a few we know.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Good point. I wonder what name they will decide on, maybe the greek word for giant or colossal.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It is possible a planetary body could be sling shotted from another celestial system pop up in ours and create chaos in little system.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone

LOL! I really hope this is a sarcastic comment, though it's hard to tell! The Guardian is in another league mate. The Daily Mail is a broadsheet tabloid, they do not report news or reliable information - they report nonsense. They have many, many agendas - most of these revolve around creating fear over Gypsies, Muslims, Murders, etc. whilst focusing on celebrity gossip. Therefore, they have many reasons to lie - they do not have any responsibility to print the truth or facts and rarely do. Please do not mislead anyone into believing otherwise. This is literally one of the least credible sources of information in the UK after the Sun.

Proof: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 14-2-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2011 by arollingstone because: reducing quotes

haha wikipedia... great site for misleading infomation with the majority is not true. Well im from near london and all i see everyday is people reading the metro, guardian, independant and daily mail so it cant be that bad surely?

Just have to do a basic google search for best UK newspapers and you come up with:

Sun,Daily Mirror,Daily Star for the great unwashed who want to read about big brother or wags.

Daily Mail,telegraph,Independent for those who can read and want to read news.

So yeah lets keep on this topic without drifting onto whats a credible newspaper here.

Amazing to think how many moons this new planet would have if Jupiter has 63!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join