It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru?? New planet to be discovered. Four times the size of Jupiter!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The question is,if there is a planet x then why wouldn't they tell us about it?

What's the big deal?So many skeptics try so hard to prove that there isn't a planet x and I'm curious to know why.

Why do people go out of there way to try and prove Niburu doesn't exist?

Could the answer be...that maybe it's on a collision course with earth?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This may be interesting to some

The Greek goddess Tyche

She is regarded as a daughter of Zeus (Pindar) or as a daughter of Oceanus and Tethys (Hesiod). She is associated with Nemesis and with Agathos Daimon ("good spirit"). Tyche was portrayed with a cornucopia, a rudder of destiny, and a wheel of fortune. The Romans identified her with their Fortuna
www.pantheon.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
What's the big deal?So many skeptics try so hard to prove that there isn't a planet x and I'm curious to know why.

Because we believe what we read and have learned. The same reasons the other side wants so hard to believe. It's called passion. It happens more and more in life. People see things differently depending on what they are taught and it is perfectly natural. I hope this eases your curiosity a little bit. We're just like you. Passionate about the truths we have discovered., that is all.
edit on 14-2-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

So many skeptics try so hard to prove that there isn't a planet x and I'm curious to know why.

Do you really have to ask?

Spend some time in the 9/11 forum. When there's massive debunker smoke, there's usually fire.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Lets get some things in perspective, distances. Voyager is about 12 light hours away from earth, just entering the Heliopause. The Oort cloud is believed to be 3 light years in diameter, and probably close to touching Oort clouds of our closets stars, where interstellar space meshes into undetermined forces. If this planet is so big way out in the Oort cloud somewhere who's to say it isn't traversing star systems over hundreds of million years? We do know one thing, and that is that Earth hasn't been hit by this gas giant in over 4.5 billion years. Now we make a full revolution around the Milky way in a mere 200 million years so we have orbited the center of the Milky Way over 22 times relatively unscathed.

What, me worry?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hate to spoil the fun but there is no way a planet with that large of an orbit is getting here 2 years. Nibiru is the one that's supposed to be here in 2012 isn't it? Some giant planet with aliens and what not.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

right, there are a few.....another is Gliese 581:

______beforeitsnews/story/371/044/Is_Gliese_581_Nibiru_or_Planet_X.html

and the explosion of Betelgeuse:

______beforeitsnews/story/367/131/Twin_suns_could_soon_be_setting_on_Earth.html

edit on 14-2-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: Betelgeuise

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

reply to post by Wildeagle

Very Interesting. I wonder of this Planet "Tyche" could be one of the following planets, of which all three are said to be part of Ors (our Solar System):

Vulcan, Persephone, or Clarion

"Nibiru" could be one of the above three planets as well.

(Remember that Hercolubus is said to be part of the Tylo Solar System, not our Ors Solar System)

edit on 14-2-2011 by Tamahu because: edited text

Vulcan was situated between Mercury and the Sun, and the last time anyone saw something of it astrologically was well over a hundred years ago. And from a piece they did on it in Arthur C Clarkes Strange World TV series in the 80s' some researchers did find some "fresh" craters on mercury and debri in the right places... so no Nibiru isnt Vulcan, since its long since been destroyed.

I still find it funny that people suddenly take this gas giant as Nibiru proof... its a gas giant... not some world/space station supposed alien overlords lived on. Its as if any new discovery of a possible world within our established solar system is proof. They talked about a 10th and planet X for as long as ive been alive and longer, for all we know their could be many more planets in the sol family we dont know about, or that have long since passed on (asteroid belt being one of notable size).

Nice discovery, but it aint proof of the Nibiru...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Your post triggered a thought that makes sense. A planet that massive could very well have a narrow LONG orbit around the sun where apehelion and perihelion are not where typically found but instead are on the long arm of the arc. That is as it gets closer it's speed accelerates and it slingshots around the sun where it is gradually slowed down and over millenia, begins it's slow travel back towards the sun. Ahhh never mind too many holes in that possibility.....

Jaden

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lostanima

i think the theory is more like its there, and is supposed to mean something. People can try to say what Sumerians and other cultures have written, but its almost impossible to understand unless you were there or misinterpret what they mean. Who knows if "Nibiru" would contain any life, or come by around 2012, thats speculation, if someone can find solid evidence that's what they mean, feel free to correct me, but i don't think we could ever understand what these people truly meant.

On a random side note, i hope its "Nibiru" and something crazy happens, life is just too boring around here these days, i'd rather be fghting to survive everyday then having to work full time as a sheepie.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
At least I hope if this planet is real to become 10th planet (planet X, roman for 10), and all speculation to stop finally.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Okay, folks. This should end the debate as to whether it is Nibiru or not (notice the gold hair - could those stories of needing gold be real?):

Sorry, I just thought I would give fellow ATS member TheLieWeLive some props.

Only time will tell. With respect to anything that is our best interest, don't expect to have it announced anywhere. If NASA found it and it was of any consequence, would they tell us? In fact, I am sure NASA has a clamp down on any information that comes from any group that could potentially reveal interaction with us.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 14-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Why are so many people so cynical towards NASA when they use NASA information to prove NASA is lying to us or withholding information largely furnished by NASA? I just don't get the hate.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If that planet exists, they should name it Niburu just to piss those wacky believers off. Every time they claim "Niburu exists", you could counter with "of course it does, we know where it is"

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The question is,if there is a planet x then why wouldn't they tell us about it?

Could the answer be...that maybe it's on a collision course with earth?

I don't doubt the idea of "Planet X" being out there somewhere. There are quite a few well-respected astronomers who have been saying for several years now that there may be another large planet-sized body existing out in the Oort Cloud. The possibility of these objects existing in the Oort Cloud is a very mainstream science idea...

...but what I do doubt is the existence of Nibiru.

edit on 2/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Lets get some things in perspective, distances. Voyager is about 12 light hours away from earth, just entering the Heliopause. The Oort cloud is believed to be 3 light years in diameter, and probably close to touching Oort clouds of our closets stars, where interstellar space meshes into undetermined forces. If this planet is so big way out in the Oort cloud somewhere who's to say it isn't traversing star systems over hundreds of million years? We do know one thing, and that is that Earth hasn't been hit by this gas giant in over 4.5 billion years. Now we make a full revolution around the Milky way in a mere 200 million years so we have orbited the center of the Milky Way over 22 times relatively unscathed.

What, me worry?

Thanks Illustronic...I was about to mention the fact that Voyager 1 is 116 AU away from earth as of this month...the Oort Cloud is about 50,000 Au away from the earth. I don't think some people understand how big this universe is (and how insignificant we are) in relation to it.

So for all those excited about Nemesis/Tyche being Nibiru....sorry to burst your bubble, maybe your great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandkids will have all the fun!

As for it being some fabled 10th planet...Pluto is no longer considered a planet and I believe Sedna is the same size as Pluto, so the number of planets becomes irrelevent.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
pretty interesting stuff, but it may not be nibiru, and it may not exist. just have to wait and see. And i dont really think if its that far away, it can reach us in 2 years. But who knows what else mankind doesn't know about physics.
edit on 14-2-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
pretty interesting stuff, but it may not be nibiru, and it may not exist. just have to wait and see. And i dont really think if its that far away, it can reach us in 2 years. But who knows what else mankind doesn't know about physics.
edit on 14-2-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

If it exists it can't be Nibiru because Kepler's laws of planetary motion would not allow an object that far away to be here in 22 months.

edit on 2/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by danyalson
reply to post by Wildeagle

LOL Niburu! Guys I think its time to stop with the Niburu, Planet X thing. There is no "planet" or planet-like object thats going to smash into us. (If I remember correctly thats what the Niburu bunch was saying.) I also think I remember the Niburu bunch saying that people lived on Niburu or came from there or something.... Who knows? But the point is, is that ANY planet discovered near us people are going to jump all over it and call it Niburu. I highly doubt anyone in any ancient civilization would be capable of discovering Tyche, if it is even there to begin with. If it IS there Tyche is very frigid, uninhabitable, totally invisible without an advanced space telescope, and should be moving very slowly relatively speaking. The further away something is from our sun the slower it moves. Thats why Mercury moves at approx. 107,000 MpH and Pluto moves about 3MpH. Trying to spot Tyche in the sky from Earth is comparable to standing on the moon and trying to spot an ant crawling around in New York City.

You're assuming this planet, if it exists, is part of this solar system - what if it is from somewhere else? The speed would not be dependent of our sun in that case.

And of course we are all assuming whatever news release is accurate as far as its position and distance. I take any specific information coming from NASA or other agencies with a grain of salt considering past issues.

What if it has only been detected now since it is getting close enough to spot? Maybe it is inside the Oort Cloud already and that is why no comets have been disturbed, or maybe they have and are heading inward as we speak. Elenin?

I am not saying that I believe any of the above speculation, but these were thoughts that went through my mind after reading this thread. That's what makes this site so good - exercise for the brain!

Anyways, a big thank you to the OP

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANClENT
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

By the description they are giving, they are describing nibiru

No they're freaking not.

Any object way out that far does not automatically become some stupid made up conspiracy planet. "Nibiru" or "planet x" has to have an orbit which swings by earth or its not "nibiru/planet x". The object being described here, if it even exists, does not have such an orbit, please show where they said it did.

This is hardly even news, theres been speculation by scientists of another planet or object in the Oort Cloud, for a long time now, and this just adds a bit more fuel to that theory. If its real, it is wayway out there and will remain out there, a planet 4x the size of jupiter can not have an orbit intersecting earth's, especially every 3600 years. The solar system as we know it would not exist and earth would definately not survive that encounter. Furthermore, something that far away could never reach here by 2012. You silly "believers" don't even care about science, youd rather believe some made up story based on ZERO hard evidence from a guy whos been debunked a dozen times, that is ridiculous.

Ridiculous silly pathetic conspiracy "believers" want to claim any discovery as theirs even if it doesn't match the claim of "nibiru/planet x" in the slightest.
edit on 14-2-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join