It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru?? New planet to be discovered. Four times the size of Jupiter!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I rarely add comments here, mostly lurk, read, investigate, and learn - but in this instance I think there is something that is not being considered relevant to this discussion.

The OP brought an article to out attention, and it presents us with an interesting postulation that there may be an object - potentially four times larger than Jupiter - somewhere in the reaches beyond the orbit of Pluto near the Oort Cloud.

So far so good.

Then some immediately begin to associate this with Nibiru (even IF ZS were correct, his description does not match the description presented for this object) Planet X (whether 'Planet 10' or 'Planet ?') or Nemesis. Arguments for and against some of the ideas have flown, many rationally, others not so much.

But let's say for a moment that there IS an object four-times the size of Jupiter. That very well could be a brown dwarf, the companion star to Sol if we inhabit a binary system. It might also be a very large gas giant, but go with me on this for a moment.

IF this is a companion star, it would not be in orbit around Sol, but they would in fact be orbiting a central point where they have both found balance gravitationally. This would prohibit the object itself from entering the inner solar system.

However, IF this is a companion star, there is a possibility there are planets orbiting it just like we orbit Sol. In my opinion, that is where the danger lies. These bodies could approach quite rapidly without their star needing to enter the inner solar system at all. The orbital mechanics are beyond me (by several orders of magnitude) but if any of these planets orbiting this other star were to sweep through, even a near-miss would be catastrophic.

I believe, from the best I can understand, that there seems to be a repeating cycle of destruction on our planet. I'm not saying this companion star with its orbiting planets - if that's what it is - is the cause of that destruction, but a companion star would not have to enter the inner solar system given this scenario.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by d. duck

However, IF this is a companion star, there is a possibility there are planets orbiting it just like we orbit Sol. In my opinion, that is where the danger lies. These bodies could approach quite rapidly without their star needing to enter the inner solar system at all. The orbital mechanics are beyond me (by several orders of magnitude) but if any of these planets orbiting this other star were to sweep through, even a near-miss would be catastrophic.

But no planet would orbit fast enough to ever get close before we spot it. Those planets would have a larger orbit than Pluto, who takes 248 years for an entire rotation around his sun. So even if that Planet X orbits around a sister sun, the orbit wouldn't allow for it to be fast enough to come near us before we'd see it. In fact, once it got within Pluto distance, it would still take dozens of years to get anywhere near earth.

You can twist it as you want, the Niburu theory is beyond laughable and has no scientific evidence

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wow!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

ahahaha. two sides of the end of the world issue. as of course. no big deal. when the time comes, don't # your pants

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You can twist it as you want, the Niburu theory is beyond laughable and has no scientific evidence

READ my post. I disagree with this being Nibiru. This is not the proper forum to discuss ZS or his theories, but any student of ancient languages knows his "interpretations" of the Sumerian texts is, umm, incomplete, incomplete, at best.

And no, there is no guarantee we would see this planet approaching years in advance, since there is no way for us to know the speed or inclination with which it may be approaching.

I don't know what this "discovery" is, if it is anything at all. I don't pretend to know. I presented a "what if." Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If this new planet is so far away from us, how can it orbit the sun?! The sun uses its gravitional pull to keep planets in orbit. If this takes thousands of years to orbit surely there are planets closer than should also orbit?

Then again how can NASA only just realise a planet that is massive exists when we can find planets the same size as earth that are thousands of light years away, just doesnt make sense. I believe they only tell us a small fraction or what they know just to keep us satisfited

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
reply to post by MrXYZ

ahahaha. two sides of the end of the world issue. as of course. no big deal. when the time comes, don't # your pants

For those people who are convinced, can I have your stuff in 2012? I mean, you won't need it anymore, right? Word's gonna end, right?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I tried to tell you guys when i made the MW2 video.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
there are so many theories on Nibiru, though scientists are disclosing a few 'recently discovered' brown dwarves and planets and the predicted explosion of Betelgeuse.

Also there are relatively near Earth asteroids predicted for this year..well and every year, presumably!

modernsurvivalblog.com...

An Asteroid striking the earth is seen in science fiction. An asteroid striking the earth is also scientific fact. There are craters clearly visible all over the moon, and there are many such craters here on earth. NASA’s Near Earth Object Program currently lists 80 NEO’s (near-earth-objects, asteroids) that will zip past the earth between now and early June of this year. On average, that’s about 25 asteroids per month, or say – more-or-less about 1 per day. An alarming fact to discover is of the 80 asteroid’s that are forecast to fly by before early June, 16 of those asteroids were just discovered within the last 6 weeks! In fact, 32 of those 80 asteroids have been discovered just during the past year! One wonders how many more asteroids, or NEO’s (near-earth-objects) remain undiscovered and how many of them may even be on a collision course with our planet. For example, of the 32 asteroids that have been discovered during the past year (there are more of them – these are only those that are listed to fly by between now and early June), the largest object listed is an enormous 430 – 970 meters in diameter! That’s more than a half mile wide! This particular half mile wide asteroid (named 2010 TU5) is predicted to remain a safe distance away during it’s flyby, and will pass by the earth at 35 lunar distances, or about 8 million miles on April 27 (1 LD equals ~240,000 miles). That’s still very close in astronomical terms. The largest in the group of 80 asteroids measures an astonishing 3.6 km, or 2.2 miles across. It was discovered in the year 2000, and will pass to within 45 lunar distances of earth on March 10.

The closest encounter with an asteroid (that we know about) between now and June-2011 will be on June 2 when asteroid (2009 BD) will come closer to us than the distance to the moon, within 0.9 lunar distance. The size of that rock is only 13 meters (the size of a house), but if it were to hit the earth, it would still be as powerful as a 20 kiloton nuclear bomb. On February 17, 20, 22, March 10, 17, 31, April 4, 15, 17, 27, May 5, 18, 26, and June 1, half-mile wide, or larger asteroids will pass ‘near’ the earth at distances ranging from 23 to 67 lunar distances. On February 20, March 10, April 15, May 5, and June 1, 1-mile wide or larger asteroids will come within 45 to 67 lunar distances of the earth (probable extinction event, if any struck the earth). While these distances are safe, in that these particular asteroids will not strike us, when you imagine the size of our solar system, these distances are pretty close.

edit on 14-2-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by d. duck

But let's say for a moment that there IS an object four-times the size of Jupiter. That very well could be a brown dwarf, the companion star to Sol if we inhabit a binary system.

Not really. While the distinction between a gas giant and brown dwarf is somewhat hazy, the delineation is somewhere up around 13 Jupiter masses. At 4 Jupiter masses, a hypothetical Tyche is far below the limit and would not be considered a brown drawf.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daveyboy1991

Look up "long period comets" to get a little insight on how the Sun can have a gravitational effect on objects at great distance.

Speaking of which, Halley's Comet goes almost out to Pluto and gets back here in 74-79 years. 3500 year orbit from the Oort Cloud is not unreasonable...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
it is around 15x the mass of jupiter that planets end up being red dwarf suns so at 4x bigger this actly isnt that big but for out solar system it is huge

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This new planets name must mean something, spelled "Tyche" pronounced Tai-Chi meaning Ultimate or Supreme in Chinese...Is this the Supreme planet that takes us out?
edit on 14-2-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: grammar error

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
This new planets name must mean something, spelled "Tyche" pronounced Tai-Chi meaning Ultimate or Supreme in Chinese...Is this the Supreme planet that takes us out?

Tyche is the equivalent of the Roman god called Fortuna...brings luck. So if you believe the name has anything to do with what the planet does, we're in for good luck

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that no one has spotted this as of yet. I mean, Jupiter is freaking MASSIVE, and this thing is supposedly up to 4x bigger?

I can understand planets around neighboring suns being hard to spot, but something that huge in our own 'backyard'?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Go ahead. I don't even have anything to my name. Except for a 5770 Graphics card. A 500 GB hard drive, 19in monitor. A broken box spring with mattress.

I live my parents and just sit around playing video games all day. What else? Oh yeah 2 space heaters.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Are you insinuating that China is trying to pull a fast one on us? This will not stand...man.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Did a little looking into the Wise telescope to see if there was any credible source for this ( not saying OP is uncredible, just being skeptical) While i havent found any very credible information, mostly just forums and websites, i checked the WISE telescope website, and found nothing although they are going to release some information in late spring, and 2012

Heres the website for you all to check out: wise.ssl.berkeley.edu...
edit on 14-2-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
reply to post by MrXYZ

Go ahead. I don't even have anything to my name. Except for a 5770 Graphics card. A 500 GB hard drive, 19in monitor. A broken box spring with mattress.

I live my parents and just sit around playing video games all day. What else? Oh yeah 2 space heaters.

I'll take whatever people give me for free

Convince your parents too please so I can get the house/flat too

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

I'm talking about a Chinese "word". Your the one who's jumping to conclusions about the Chinese.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join