It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru?? New planet to be discovered. Four times the size of Jupiter!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for an answer as to how a planet "thousands time further than the Sun than Earth" is even orbiting our Sun. I believe it's impossible based on what I know about space (not THAT much, I admit).

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Not every blackhole has particle jets. Just like every dying star doesnt become a blackhole etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Err its very possible. The whole oort cloud(where it is hiding) is orbiting the sun. And those could be tiny rocks, where as this planet us HUGE and could easily stay in orbit.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

Originally posted by ANClENT
This is freaking incredible, I dont even know what else to say, I know i'm going to make a youtube video on this when more information is out

The question that remains is, what if the legends are true, what if the nephilim come here when the planet passes close to us
edit on 14-2-2011 by ANClENT because: (no reason given)

and at that size, it wouldn't need to even get that close to effect us...

If this object is there now, it probably has been there for a long, long time. Perhaps it does have an effect on us humans on Earth, but it may have always had that effect on us, and we are still here despite that effect (perhaps we are here even because of it).

If this body exists, just because we now know it exists doesn't mean that it will suddenly begin to have an adverse effect on us that it hasn't had before.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Not sure where a lot of people get info on planet x. But the true story behind it is that its possible that a very large planet is present in the oort cloud and has a very large orbit. Because of its large orbit it would only come around every 10k or more years. The story behind planet x is not that it would pass through earths orbit or anything, that's just retarded thinking. The idea behind it is that it would be able to eject objects from the oort cloud into the inner solar system. Hence it being possible that once planet x reaches a certain point in its orbit, it might be a dense part of the oort cloud and would knock debris towards the inner planets.

So just like Jupiter protects us from rogue rocks, planet x would be the opposite, helping oort cloud debris to escape and maybe hit earth.

I have NEVER heard of a planet x theory where the planet comes into the inner solar system and hits earth. That is very much bull# and made up by crazy ppl.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Ummm. The ACCRETION DISK is made up of matter that falls into the blackhole lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is the fabled Nemesis? Oh the joy!!!! It is time to celebrate!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Draken
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Ummm. The ACCRETION DISK is made up of matter that falls into the blackhole lol.

No.

Some of the stuff in the accretion disk is not within the event horizon (i.e., not falling into the black hole). However, even the stuff in the accretion disk that is not falling into the black hole is orbiting the black hole at great speeds, which can cause friction, which in turn creates X-rays. These X-ray jets emanate from outside the event horizon. They are not "coming out" of the actual black hole singularity, but rather being created outside the actual black hole.

Therefore, this X-ray radiation is not energy being given up by the black hole.

There is such a thing as "Hawking Radiation" (at least theoretically) but that has nothing to do with these X-ray jets. Hawking Radiation is a completely different process by which a black hole indirectly can give up mass, little by little, until it theoretically evaporates in TRILLIONS of years.
Hawking Radiation

edit on 2/15/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by ANClENT
So scientists finally admit planet x is real, about freaking time

Now now... Its difficult to detect a planet that is 4 times the size of Jupiter in the solar system.. Its not so hard to detect a planet existance in a solar system 70k light years away...

/end sarcasm

Chances are they have know about it, and wanted time to study it before making the announcement so they can answer the planet X - Niburu questions that are bound to come flooding in.

It's only sarcasm when it makes logical sense. Objects at the edge of our solar system are quite literally in the dark and thus exceedingly difficult to "see". Whereas planets around other solar systems are easy to see IF (this is the bit that changes sarcasm to ignorance) they pass in front of the star they orbit.

So you see it is easier to detect planets further away, if you understand the methods used.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Wildeagle

omg every red dwarf planet u hear about or read about people think its nibiru...never seems to amaze me

Red Dwarf is a BBC TV comedy series. I don't think ANYONE has indicated that we have a BBC comedy series orbiting in the Oort Cloud named 'Nibiru'.

You mean Brown Dwarf aka a failed star.

If you are going to insult, try to at least double check your facts.

Sage advice once again...

According to the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram, a red dwarf star is a small and relatively cool star, of the main sequence, either late K or M spectral type.

Red dwarfs constitute the majority of all starsThey constitute the vast majority of stars and have a mass of less than one-half of that of the Sun (down to about 0.075 solar masses, which are brown dwarfs) and a surface temperature of less than 4,000 K.

Stellar models indicate that red dwarfs are fully convective so that the nuclear fuel hydrogen is constantly remixed to be burned to helium. They therefore develop very slowly, having a constant luminosity and spectral type for some hundred of billions of years, until their fuel is depleted. Because of the comparatively short age of universe, no red dwarfs of advanced evolutionary stages exist in the current era.

Red dwarf

There are a lot more known Red Dwarf stars than Brown Dwarf objects catalogued.

The following red dwarf stars are located within 10 parsecs, or 32.6 light-years (ly), of Sol.

Take your time, its a big list.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Heh, well there you go, I stand corrected. I think the fact that my site name is 'Kryties', which is derived from 'Kryten' who is one of the main characters of the Red Dwarf BBC TV series, is perhaps why it didn't click that I should have double checked my facts.

At least I admit when I'm wrong. Don't let that get you too excited though, I can almost hear you squirming in your chair at the fact you caught me out.
edit on 15/2/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
I'm still waiting for an answer as to how a planet "thousands time further than the Sun than Earth" is even orbiting our Sun. I believe it's impossible based on what I know about space (not THAT much, I admit).

Short awnser is yes, it is mechanically possible.

Here is a link to a nifty app that may help....

orbitsimulator

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Good post, malcr.
I think some people are trying too hard to find conspiracies in every new announcement about space.

The methods by which scientists have discovered planets outside our solar system would not necessarily work for finding objects inside our own solar system. Just because we have detected planets around other stars 50 light-years away doesn't mean we could have/should have detected this potential planet.

edit on 2/15/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Well, even IF this planet exists, and remember, it hasn't been proven...how does this prove the silly 2012 Niburu theory??? There's no way a planet that far out would reach us within the next year (or 2 years). It would take that planet 800+ years to orbit around the sun once, so what makes you think it could reach earth (that is pretty close to the sun) in less than 2 years??

Think people before hopping on the 2012 fail train

edit on 14-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Okey, first, I'm not big on the tech stuff, but. I think if this is real, it could reach us in less then 2yrs if this object is on a long stretched out tight orbit. Does that make sence?
I'll have to think of something to compare it to if nobody else catches my train of thought.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I believe we are all friends here, its just that sometimes its easy to forget in the spur of the moment.

I happened to know something and pointed it out.

The next time it will very possibly be you who knows some tidbit I was unaware and the shoe will be on the other foot.

The important thing is we all leave a little more enlightened than when we logged on and nobody goes home with their feelings hurt.

Thats another two cents worth...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

If it had an elongated orbit it would have been ejected from the solar system by now. Furthermore, the present study suggests that it is in the Oort Cloud presently. Most objects that come from the Oort Cloud are 50,000 to 100,000 AUs out. This means that at the low end of this, the planet would have to be moving half the speed of light to be here within 2 years. This is absolutely impossible.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Sorry mate, I realise I sometimes go a little too far in my exuberant posting. It's just that I cannot stand posters who mock others opinions - I get stuck into them and sometimes that flows out to other posters too. My sincere apologies.

To be completely honest, I'm on the fence regarding 'Nibiru' - my main reasoning is the predominant theory of how the Moon formed, being a Mars sized object slammed into Earth and the resulting debris formed into the Moon over the next eon or two. I honestly don't see it as being beyond the laws of physics for something planet-sized to be on an elliptical orbit which brings it into the inner solar system every few hundred thousand years or so - although I believe it is highly unlikely.

The fact that scientists have been talking about an unknown object possibly existing way out beyond our 8 planets and Poor Pluto does peak my curiosity. Nibiru or simply a gas giant? I don't know but either would be very cool to find

As an aside, I found this image the other day and it put a smile on my face....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb35d4dd8aac.jpg[/atsimg]

Enjoy

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm no astrologer but I was watching the History channel show 'The Universe' and one of their scientific talking heads said it's possible there could be more planets in our solar system we just haven't found yet. I think it might be a tad hasty to start calling this planet x when it's most likely just another planet floating around...and possibly not the last one we'll find in our own solar system.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
nibru or planet X whatever you prefer was suppost to be the size of mars

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Gravity is a force with an infinite range, so the gravity from the sun even (ever so slightly) affects objects on the opposite side of the observable universe. This being the case, it is very possible that planets orbit our sun at such great distances. Everything in the universe is gravitationally bound to everything else, it just depends on what's closer and what has more gravity...that's the only thing that gives one object more of a gravitational influence than another.
And like I've said about 5 times now, a planet can orbit a star at any distance as long as it has a very specific orbital period. Any less than that and it eventually falls into the star. Any more and it's a parabolic orbit, since the orbital velocity of the planet would then be beyond the escape velocity at that distance. And, like I've also said, "Tyche" can most certainly exist in an orbit around our sun within the outer Oort cloud, as long as its orbital period is on the order of a million years.
As for the orbital period of Nibiru of 3600 years... that short a period at that great a distance would have sent it shooting off into space before it even managed a single orbit.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join