It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO February 12th 2011 Mendocino California. [HOAX]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

This is not a new video. This actual video was on a T.V. show and was proven to be a hoax. I looked for the 'last' You tube posting of this so I could post it here, but huh, amazingly it was removed...

Bollocks!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
All I can add is my gut reminded me of those little douchebags with their torch and this looks like a reflection hoax too, dont know why people bother, I really dont

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Toldja it would be debunked by the time I got back. But here it is anyhow...
Using the software that I listed and linked in my post above I was able to analyze the audio. This is some insidious crap. What is going on lately with the UFO hoaxes with the really bad sound editing (Jerusalem)?
I analyzed just the 'They sort of gravitate' portion. Using only the RavenLite software from Cornell. I have been able to isolate just the 'gravitate' part and create fresh little mp3 files out of them. I have never posted that type of media file to ATS but I am going to try. Better yet Raven allowed me to isolate and create jpegs of the envelope windows which will be below. I thought that for a total Noob I got that up and running pretty quickly....Oh and by the way. Yes, the 'they sort of gravitate together part is slowed down. You can see that that part of the envelope is nearly the same with minor differences that are probably due to 'Lossy' compression and decompression. The audio is a hoax. The reason that the audio does not match word for word is that someone seems to have spliced it all up in to an audio salad. Adjusting speed and volume as he or she went along.

Mendocino:

Lake Elsinore:

The red lines delineate the beginning of the 'gravitate together' sample.

I am sorry but I do not see a place where I can add audio files. Can someone set me straight on this. Thanks.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Frater210 because: clarification.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Frater210 because: more clarification...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hahahaha, that guys reaction to whatever he was video taping was priceless.

At the very least, a good laugh

However no video will ever bring definitive proof to the existence of UFOs, you must see them with your own eyes.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Nice work, are you able to upload to youtube and link it that way? May be easier. Thanks for your time in going this far.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well, I just learned to do that so I don't think there is anything stopping me from uploading to Youtube. Do I post them just as mp3's or shall I mod the Video somehow? Strangely I think that Raven can do that too.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am really interested in these video hoaxes with the weirdly botched audio. Purely rhetorical but... Why the hell? Here is an interesting proposition. Do you think someone could be going back and altering existing video? Didn't someone say this was posted previously. Do you think there might be earlier versions? Am I getting out too far out on the fringe?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Not extactly sure how to take your software and upload it. I would think there might be away to do so i.e windows movie maker, and import it to that possibly. That can at least get your audio to the YT. As for actually seeing the software move across the audio wave lengths, like you said there may be a option to upload that in a wmv or mpeg format.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
I am really interested in these video hoaxes with the weirdly botched audio. Purely rhetorical but... Why the hell? Here is an interesting proposition. Do you think someone could be going back and altering existing video? Didn't someone say this was posted previously. Do you think there might be earlier versions? Am I getting out too far out on the fringe?

I searched for about 20 mins and didnt find any earlier versions on the net. Whoever did this one, sure made it seem that they were legit. No previous examples of ufo vids they uploaded, and all other videos they had were of traveling. Member since 2008. Just my first reactions they seemed sincere in wanting to know what was up. Getting bamboozled sucks, but thats why ATS kicks butt! Finding the truth.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
We are talking about a little rural county here. This is not the work of hoaxers, I can 99% guarantee this.

A sundog? Does this actually, really look like a sundog to you? I am not (yet) speculating on what this actually is necessarily -- I am simply stating what it clearly isn't - unless you can help enlighten me with your Sun Dog expertise.

This is clearly a video taken right off the highway. I know this, because I live in this exact area.

edit on 14-2-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2011 by ThinkingCap because: I sppell baddly.
Sun dog the new swamp gas theory,I've seen it explain a lot of mysterious sightings!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ok. I did it. I haven't become savvy enough to put them together in one yet. But they will do for this thread. Any movie maker tips U2U'd to me would be awesome.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
I will work on getting these slicker as I go along. I have a great love for music and sound in general. To be able to have these tools is wonderful.....

edit on 14-2-2011 by Frater210 because: Trying to get the pictures up along with the link....

edit on 14-2-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I totally know that ET's exist but I have been watching ufo footage for the past 2 years and so many are asteriods some small and some large. Now in March 2009, the government declared everything coming toward the earth Classified. And what is so crazy they will say it is a ufo now when it is a asteroid. In 2007 earth started passing through a comet swarm, reference Dr. Barry Warmkessel. This video is an asteroid that broke up and did not even make it into our atmosphere. Some do and put on a spectecular display when coming in very low across the horizion. The one in this video broke apart as many do and did not make it in.
The China: Ufos and Asteroids

Ufo:

Asteroid:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What would prompt someone to spend the time on a hoax like this?

In my experience there are a lot of people who think it's hilarious to make "UFO Nuts" look stupid. When everyone gets behind the footage saying its UFOs they get to come out and say how stupid we are and how this proves everything is a hoax.

I think the same thing happens with CryptoZoology footage, with crop circles, paranormal and pretty much any "Fringe" belief where some crusader for truth feels obligated to make the fringe believers to look like the idiots they feel they are.

I think this thread goes a long way to showing at the very least UFO theorists are not a bunch of mindless fools.

I think everyone who participated should be commended here. (a little Mod applause?)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ok, a couple of people have asked how i connected this video with the other videos audio . . .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was scrolling through comments on the video in the OP and someone posted a link to the other video the audio was taken from.

When i watched that video i was like "wait a minute! they are saying the exact same stuff except their voices don't sound slow."

i think perhaps the youtube comment that posted the link to the other video was trying to point out the fact that the audio was stolen from it.

that's it.

edit on 2/14/2011 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
that's it.

That and you're Batman.

Nice catch - seems to be a bunch of hoaxers now Sony have offered money for 'unexplained' footage.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
not a sun dog

CGI is likely the culprit

audio taken from this video and slowed down.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2/14/2011 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

you nailed it!
LOL

I haven't read anything posted after your post, but there is no reason to even think anything different

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have posted a thread here in the hopes that we can begin to compile links to software and knowledge resources used for audio and video analysis. Please come by.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here are the videos that I made that are linked above only linked properly this time to save running around. Someone has already gotten back to me insisting that the UFO is real

I would never have even known to look if not for JPhish. It was merely an exercise on my part.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Frater210 because: Meritocracy

edit on 15-2-2011 by Frater210 because: syntax and spelling

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Ha ha haa I love the response you got on YT! Nice try? I'm not sure a positive identification of a copied audio track constitutes a try.

Maybe there is a logical explanation? Maaybe the video is real but the audio was faked? Maybe it walks like a duck, quacks a duck, but it is actually a bipedal rhino? Hmmm not adding up. I wonder what they're after.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Someone asked for some "real audio analysis" of these clips..

As someone that has been in the industry for over 30 years, I hope that you can take my word that the Mendocino Footage does indeed have edited audio taken from the YouTube footage entitled "UFO sighting over Lake Elsinore". Although the Mendocino audio has been slowed down and some snippits have been transposed around, they are still one and the same.

I took the liberty to give some accolades to the ATS membership by making a small snippit piece of the two wave forms combined. You will also hear where the hoaxing YouTuber (PartyBeforeWeAllDie), took some liberties of adding some edited space/pieces.. So it's not exactly 'spot on', but enough so that you can clearly 'hear' that they are one and the same.

Kudos to JPhish and the rest of those that use their brains and cognitive abilities to help "Deny Ignorance"! We need more like you...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join