It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO February 12th 2011 Mendocino California. [HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I was going to try and nip this in the bud and post the audio with it speeded up. I was able to copy the audio, but do not have the right software currently installed to get it to match the other video. Seems like the transpose,? was altered as well. Windows media allowed me to speed it up, the the voice still remains lower to the ear.
edit on 14-2-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust.

Back to square one again.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In the spirit of Open Source...... well everything, I guess.... I would like to share what I am up to with regards to this thread.
I know that we all learned a lot from the Jerusalem hoax. One of the things that I learned is how limited the resources are when it comes to trying to understand these types of video. I realized that you've really only got the video and sound. I know, laugh if you like but it was news to me. Anyhow, I decided that I would like to be able to jump in on these threads with my own analysis of video and sound so I started looking for software.
I wanted to share some of the stuff I found. I wanted to do my own audio analysis (which is forthcoming) and I found this free audio analysis software at the Cornell Univ. Ornithology website...

www.birds.cornell.edu...

I am going to get to work on it. The whole thing will likely be thoroughly debunked before I get back to you but I am going to have fun trying to catch up. Should be even faster with the audio next time. If of course that software proves useful.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It appears to be shot through a window. I noticed bright spots appearing all over the image, not just in the center.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeATSuser
It appears to be shot through a window. I noticed bright spots appearing all over the image, not just in the center.

Hmmm, I'm still in two minds whether its through a window or its a still photo, theres not one movement from the bushes or slight whispy clouds at all. The shake is a bit (regular) in parts too. But like you say it does seem like a glass reflection.
edit on 14-2-2011 by EnigmaAgent because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

For audio can I recommend a few for you.
Cool Edit Pro
Adobe sound booth
Adobe audition.
Sony Acid Pro
Sony Soundforge

All have trial versions on there websites.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So far so good. You are also going to need something to convert your captured videos. Firefox has add-ons that will capture the video for you. If it comes from Youtube it will likely be an .flv file. If you run in to issues playing them back go here and get the Open Source Media Player Classic. It plays .flv files just fine...
mpc-hc.sourceforge.net...

Then you are going to have to convert the .flv files to mp3 if you want to start to work on them. A nice converter in a pinch is Hamster. It has a super easy drag and drop system....
download.cnet.com...

Now I am going to try this out in the free audio analysis software from Cornell, Raven Lite... (posted previously)
www.birds.cornell.edu...

I hope everyone finds this helpful. I apologize in advance if this doesn't all come together to provide easy access to debunk/rebunk software for us all. Should be a start though....
edit on 14-2-2011 by Frater210 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
Someone made a comment that it looked too Hollywood. I disagree with that. Other than the fact that they didn't zoom in, it looked well blended and appeared to me, to be in and out of, what what I assumed was california haze in the sky.

I didn't mean "Hollywood" as in the effects looked too slick or anything, I meant that the entire clip felt like it had a beginning, middle and end, like it was telling a story. Thing shows up, gets dramatic, builds to a kind of climax, then neatly trails off one... two... three... The End.

Very few things happen so neatly like that in real life.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Thanks, Man. That is very useful as I am just getting into this and need to survey what is out there. The Jerusalem thing made me think that it would be great if there were a specialized Linux distro for this purpose. Something FOOS that people could access and deploy quickly.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
So far so good. You are also going to need something to convert your captured videos. Firefox has add-ons that will capture the video for you. If it comes from Youtube it will likely be an .flv file. If you run in to issues playing them back go here and get the Open Source Media Player Classic. It plays .flv files just fine...
mpc-hc.sourceforge.net...

Then you are going to have to convert the .flv files to mp3 if you want to start to work on them. A nice converter in a pinch is Hamster. It has a super easy drag and drop system....
download.cnet.com...

Now I am going to try this out in the free audio analysis software fro Cornell, Raven Lite... (posted previously)
www.birds.cornell.edu...

I hope everyone finds this helpful. I apologize in advance if this doesn't all come together to provide easy access to debunk/rebunk software for us all. Should be a start though....

Thanks for that
I'll give them a go when Im a bit more lively!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just 3 or 4 airplanes using Sludge out in there carb.'s to clean out their engines..I can't understand why no one knows this....This was an easy one........lol.......

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
Can you sue someone for false advertisement!?
The title said this was interesting but it Isn't. I have long since stoppped being overly excited by distant pin points of light far off in the sky!
It could literally be anything... It could literally be quite close or far away... But it is quite literally uninteresting....

Youre comment is uninteresting...Don't be a Jerk!

I've just looked up the alternative explanation for the meaning of the word "jerk."
It says someone who gets overly excited about pin points of light in the sky which could be anything....
Perhaps then its you who should stop being a jerk!?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'd like to see a real audio analysis.

"Oh my gosh" is a pretty common phrase.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
To all those who want to do some audio stuff to try and get a perfect match on the two videos, I recommend you use PwnYoutube to extract the audio - it's really, really easy. Then you'd only need an audio editor like Audacity (which is free and open-source with tons of great plugins) to do the editing.

To download the audio, pull up the youtube video first. Look in the address bar and you will see "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GuRSMAM1dY" (for the video in the OP).

Between "www." and "youtube.com", put in "pwn" - end result
"http://www.PWNyoutube.com/watch?v=_GuRSMAM1dY"

When you go to that address you will see a bunch of links each of which will perform an audio and/or video extraction on the youtube video. Look under the MP3 section and take your pick of any of the sites.

Once you extract the audio from both clips (should only take a minute or so minus downloading time), you'll wanna open the audio from the Mendocino video and look at pitch alteration/stretch AKA transpose filters to get the audio matched. Odds are the creators of the video, or at least the audio editors, did both time dilation (slow it down a little) AND transpose to make it harder to reverse-engineer it and match it perfectly with another clip.

If you all want to do this for absolute proof that this video is at least not what it claims to be, go for it - but it's pretty clear already that the audio was ripped from the Elsinore video (or whatever it was called).

Also, I posted a comment asking for the YT user PartyBeforeWeAllDie to respond to the audio being the same as in the other UFO video, asked them if they could counter or support their video, and my comment was deleted. I posted on their profile main page, and it was there before I went to classes today but now tis gone.
edit on 14-2-2011 by tetsuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I'd like to see a real audio analysis.

The thing they say that is the smoking gun is "they kinda look like they are gravitatin towards each other" or some phrase like that, the word "gravitating" is used, the tone is the same and everything. I'd be *really* impressed/surprised if both of these videos do NOT have the same source audio, at least for the last bit of the OP video. I hate discarding a case prematurely (anybody who knows my posts should understand that), but in my mind there is no question about this.

The object in the video may be real, but at the very least, the audio is without a doubt ripped off of the other video. If the YT account is a regular person without any interest in hoaxing UFO videos, and they did NOT rip the audio off, then planet earth or at least Youtube is having some serious time travel issues and the video from a month ago somehow ripped the audio off the Mendocino video and then posted it a month ago, lol

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

How about, "...but then, uh, look at, goes to, they kind of gravitate towards each other,"? Because you have that exact same phrase in the original video at 1:20 and the Lake Elsinore video at 1:00. It's obviously this video is using audio samples from the Lake Elsinore video.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

I take it you have nothing better to do than to troll my post? Move on, or contribute something...Thank you

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I take it you have nothing better to do than to troll my post? Move on, or contribute something...Thank you

Sorry mate, I'm not out for a troll, I'm just trying to get my point across that small undefined pin points of light high in the sky don't prove anything. meanwhile clear sightings of nuts and bolts vehicles are immediately dismissed because they are quite literally look too good to be true.
Once again no disrespect meant ...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by goatfish

How about, "...but then, uh, look at, goes to, they kind of gravitate towards each other,"? Because you have that exact same phrase in the original video at 1:20 and the Lake Elsinore video at 1:00. It's obviously this video is using audio samples from the Lake Elsinore video.

Ah, OK. I missed it.

As a side note, examples like this show the real beauty of the internet as far as Ufology goes. Sure, there are way more hoaxes, but also they tend to be shot down almost instantaneously.

Back in the days of VHS a hoax like this could have taken years to solve!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Well I have to disagree that they are small pinpoints of light. They looked large enough to me once I selected full screen. Not every ufo has to be nuts/bolts and metal. There is much that we do not know in this universe, and have yet to discover. We are all made up of energy, It seems plausable to me that some ufo's may consist of light, or appear that way. i.e plasma. Unfortunetly 99% of all ufo videos in todays world are fake. Technology has come forward a great deal. The negative side of that in relation to ufo hunting is that that same technology allows average folk to hoax a sighting.

Theres only one way we will truly ever know the truth...That is to keep searching, keep looking up to the skies and do our best to try and document anything that is questionable, so sites like ATS can have a detailed and combined evaluation.

I am just like everyone else here, I am looking for clarity and truth. I will not always be able to make intelligent conclusions without my peers help. I do my best to respect everyone that I converse with, sometimes I fail. It is through respect and the common understanding of searching for truth, that we will someday get closer to understanding the enigma of our exsistence and the nature of this world we live in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join