It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO February 12th 2011 Mendocino California. [HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
not a sun dog

CGI is likely the culprit

audio taken from this video and slowed down.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2/14/2011 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

By golly I think you are right! Definitely the same audio, just spliced and slowed down. Good job!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

At :59 seconds of the first video and 1:23 of the 2nd video are definite similarities.

Here is the video with the audio in question and below it is the OP video:

OP Video:

edit on 14-2-2011 by esteay812 because: Classified

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Would you look at that u just happened to have filmed a fueling of sorts except those balls are not gas but fuel none the less and boy thats a big mission! Notice how they slow as they aproach craft and how quickly departure happens afterwards. thats good stuff...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

not a sun dog

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2/14/2011 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

Bang on! Good spot Mr!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
HOAX:

audio from that video is edited and slowed down audio from this video:

1:20 in first video (OP)

0:58 in second video (original audio)

That took all of 5 minutes :/

edit on 14-2-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If that is real it's amazing, and absolutely beautiful. As far as the replies here that say it's another video with the audio slowed down, how do you really know this? I mean, if I saw something, my natural response, and probably that of most people on here, would be to say "what is that?". Probably in much the same tone as those two videos.

When I see amazing footage and then read comments like, "CGI", "sun glare", or "clearly that's a hoax because the audio sounds similar to another video", I think...yep, the governments desensitization campaign is working. Because for some people nothing short of "little green men" landing on their lawn and shoving a probe up their a$$ is going to convince them that we are not alone in the universe.

I have never witnessed a UFO, yet everyday I am asked, how do I know they exist? Because the evidence is all around us. It's called faith. The same thing they base their religion on. Yet, the last time I checked there were no videos of Jesus wearing out his sandals as he skipped down the street. There currently is more proof for the existence of ETs than there is proof of the existence of God.

Yet if someone sees a UFO they are "mentally unstable" or it's immediately labeled an elaborate hoax. But let someone see the face of Jesus in a piece of toast and it's a freaking miracle, proof of his second coming.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
WOW thats really interesting. Sooooo many great videos coming out in the last 6 months....kinda obvious they have to talk abou this sooner or later....way too many. I just saw the recent 1 of a UFO in toronto in Jan aswell, it was like the one everyone saw in Cali. when I was staying there last spring...those were basically stationry balls...this is really quite amazing how they are interactive int he video....WOW great find!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Cool video. Good catch whoever spotted the audio being ripped from that other video. So I'll assume this is a hoax - if it's a hoax, what the heck is that person's youtube channel there for? Did somebody set up a youtube account way back on September 29, 2008 with the intent of hoaxing a UFO video in Feb 2011? The account has a couple videos favorited, but as far as I can see from the history of the account, they were favorited quite recently (one day ago according to the YT profile page). The account's only other video which seems to be from the same camera was posted 1 day ago as well.

The camera looks like a FlipCam to me - the quality of the video, I mean. Flipcam also has little or no zoom, so that might explain why there is no zoom. But this is really weird, I cannot logically believe this video is legit given that the audio is ripped from another UFO video, but the account seems to have been set up ages ago. Maybe somebody made the account, never used it, and saw an opportunity to create a good hoax.

I posted a comment asking him to defend his video, so we'll see what he/she says.
These hoaxes are getting really weird. I find it hard to believe that there are this many people actively creating UFO hoax videos...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

Pretty nice footage. Espacially arount 0:50 it's gettint crazy.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Dammit, I noticed the audio was ripped from that other video but somebody beat me to it... I think we should tell these UFO's to skip Youtube and crash right into a live taping of Glenn Beck.

Only way to prove it isn't another doctored video.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I call hoax. The little flashing lights don't seem to track with the motion of the camera, which I suppose could be explained that they have their own motion, but it still isn't right. And the way the thing flies away with its three little blobs flying up into the sky is just way too "Hollywood." Also too coincidental that they would be perfectly in line with the camera viewpoint.

Say what you want about the acting and it being too rural to fake. I ain't buyin' it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thanks. Really neat video. Especially at the very end. I would be just as interested if this were some type of atmospheric effect. Which is kinda what it looks like to me. But of course I have no idea.There is something about the way it sort of 'peels' off into three layers and disappears at the end that is really intriguing but maybe that is because that is the only movement that the thing makes that seems to be patterned.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

not a sun dog

www.youtube.com...

Out of all the UFO videos floating around on Youtube, how did you figure that out?

Was it memory of watching that older video? Please explain how you made the connection.

Just seems a little suspicious that you point out the connection without explaining how you did it, is all.

I'm not saying you are the person who created the hoax video in the OP, but it seems just a bit too convenient without any explanation.

edit on 14-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Out of all the UFO videos floating around on Youtube, how did you figure that out?

Was it memory of watching that older video? Please explain how you made the connection.

Just seems a little suspicious that you point out the connection without explaining how you did it, is all.

I'm not saying you are the person who created the hoax video in the OP, but it seems just a bit too convenient without any explanation.

edit on 14-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

It's from the Elsinore sightings last month. I don't think it seems too weird to think what they said in the clip and the way they said it would me remembered either.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Excellent job JPHISH, That is definitely the same audio and slowed down. I have to say, that video had me stumped, and I have seen alot of CGI and worked with it. Someone made a comment that it looked too Hollywood. I disagree with that. Other than the fact that they didn't zoom in, it looked well blended and appeared to me, to be in and out of, what what I assumed was california haze in the sky. However... I never seen the audio coming other that I realized it was slowed down slightly...Good work!
edit on 14-2-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Can you sue someone for false advertisement!?
The title said this was interesting but it Isn't. I have long since stoppped being overly excited by distant pin points of light far off in the sky!
It could literally be anything... It could literally be quite close or far away... But it is quite literally uninteresting....

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
Can you sue someone for false advertisement!?
The title said this was interesting but it Isn't. I have long since stoppped being overly excited by distant pin points of light far off in the sky!
It could literally be anything... It could literally be quite close or far away... But it is quite literally uninteresting....

Youre comment is uninteresting...Don't be a Jerk!
edit on 14-2-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The video looks like a temperature inversion causing a mirror in the sky effect

.Popular Science article showing how to duplicate a UFO in the sky effect

It's basically a mirage in the sky, see Wikipedia article:
Mirage; from Wikipedia

The sky mirror is reflecting the sun setting on the other side of the mountain, because a temperature inversion is acting as a mirror, the reflected image is extremely distorted and wavering as the air is disturbed. It is a great video because this phenomenon is very rare and this is a fine example of the effect.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hi everyone, pretty new to ATS (today in fact) The video is fascinating but i couldn't help notice that the audio is very similar to this other ufo vid www.youtube.com... It sounds like the voices have been slowed down a notch. If you fast forward to the end of the vid on both they both say 'okay that was just weird' complete with the little chuckle in exactly the same way.

*Sorry, didn't get a chance to read page 3. Looks like this has already been covered*
edit on 14-2-2011 by walltofloor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by walltofloor
Hi everyone, pretty new to ATS (today in fact) The video is fascinating but i couldn't help notice that the audio is very similar to this other ufo vid www.youtube.com... It sounds like the voices have been slowed down a notch. If you fast forward to the end of the vid on both they both say 'okay that was just weird' complete with the little chuckle in exactly the same way.

*Sorry, didn't get a chance to read page 3. Looks like this has already been covered*
edit on 14-2-2011 by walltofloor because: (no reason given)

The video does appear to be a hoax. The audio from the Night video, is selectively cut and used and slowed down. JPHISH was the first to point that out here I believe.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join