It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens and religon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
its is the possblieties of alines being as gods in our religons

like poeple being taken away (etc abducted by aliens)

it is also possible that gods who have game down and taught cultures
technology

etc. the mayans

they siad there sun god came down and taught them great technologys

maybe aliens have helped us become what we are?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
there is a few lines in genesis that suggests the daughters of man and the sons of what some would consider "the greys", mating...or something to that effect. i need to look up the passage.

chapter 6 verse 4:

there were giants in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of god came into the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

in this verse the bible speaks of giants and some believe they were actual giants. others believe however later in the verse these "sons of god" were aliens that bred with the daughters of men and believe this means aliens bred with humans.

i dont know is is this is so but can be construed as such.

many consider greys to be quite tall, giants if you will. many believe god was "above" us, from the sky and if the greys came from the sky they might have been considered sons of god.

seems a bit of a stretch but anything is possible.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
yeah it does puzzle and baffle me too hopefully more poeple will post and give a more logical explanation but would aliens have the technology to get here so early?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
well lets think about this for a minute.

compared to the universe or even our own planet our species is relatively young.

is it completely possible that life outside of this planet was able to have advanced technology to be able to come here.

i say this because life didnt start when we did. things were already in progression when we came about so it is quite plausible that there is technology out there that supercedes ours. things didnt advance as we did. things advanced independently from us.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
true true

i guess aliens might be apdat to all type of elements i mean our homosapien species have only be around for like

5-4000 years ? maybe longer but

the mayans also gave sacrfices to the gods

so maybe they offerd people as subjects for technology?

but how woulkd they comunicate???

thats the baffling thins

also can you go on the chat thing?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   

...but would aliens have the technology to get here so early?

What is early?
Early for us might be late for them, if you get my point? OUR time perspective is bound to be pretty far from theirs I think. If we accept that the Gods/Angels of the Bible is connected to what we today call aliens - well it puts perspective on things don�t it?

Probably, alot of what is called Gods work in the bible, should be credited to those advanced beings teaching his word and doing his actions. Some of it could probably be credited to malevolent races (Greys, Reptilians) who were out to deceive us in the first place.

In the end, it all *HAS TO* tie together in some way.
Only, I�m sure its hell of a lot more complicated than we would like to see.

Once again, I�m hopeful that in the next 10 years or so we�ll finally get some answers.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
well i guees you got a point there but it might be early for them too?

we never know but also

aliens might have affected the bible?

maybe the great light or fire that was following moses was a ufo in shape of a cloud

and at light it turned into a great light guiding us to our land they propmesd us?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
if you can go o n the chat thing

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I saw on the internet somewhere (gotta look up the link)
some evidence of ancient pictures with images of 'people'
with helmets and landscape pictures with images of
disk shaped flying machines....

It all connects...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Check this link:

www.users.cihost.com...

I believe that they where they incentive to reigion.
Creatures who could fly, had lights without fire,
seetrough plates (glass), etc...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This has always been my belief....check out the link below
Biblical UFOs

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
thx 4 the link LadyV,

I come across this link once but i lost it.
connect the dots and you will find the truth....

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There was this event in history were people claimed that UFOs may have even destroyed a city.
I believe it was in the bible.
I've never read the bible, but this was on the History Channel.
There was a battle between two cities.
And so the UFOs helped out the city where everything was good and destroyed the city where everything was evil.
There's also a painting showing UFOs attacking some buildings.
I think it was a painting of the Medieval Era.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've had this thought for awhile now...

What if the whole concept of God/Devil originated from an ancient battle between 2 different species of Extraterrestrials who were possibly battling for Earth. What I mean is that throughout human history, history is always written by the victors, meaning that the concept of God, Angels, etc. came from the victors and the concept of Devil, demons, etc. came from the losers.

Im not saying this is a fact, but most religions on Earth decribe their Gods as having "supernatural" powers and "coming down from the heavens", in both Polytheistic and Monotheistic religions.

The victors of the battle may have got "control" of Earth and proclaimed themselves as Earths saviors and the "good" side. Whereas the losers would have been written into history as "evil" and "bad".

This would explain why there is a prevalance of UFO/Alien type of descriptions in religious books such as the Bible, Bagavad Gita, Mahabarata, Koran, etc.

Remember, in history the conquered people are always told they are the "wrong" ones by the victors, and only the victors ways are correct. Just look at Pagan religions that were conquered by the Christians....as soon as they were beaten the ideals of the new order would be implemented.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What if the whole concept of God/Devil originated from an ancient battle between 2 different species of Extraterrestrials who were possibly battling for Earth. What I mean is that throughout human history, history is always written by the victors, meaning that the concept of God, Angels, etc. came from the victors and the concept of Devil, demons, etc. came from the losers.

The victors of the battle may have got "control" of Earth and proclaimed themselves as Earths saviors and the "good" side. Whereas the losers would have been written into history as "evil" and "bad".

Interesting ideas Jazzerman, I just happened to read something called "The Dulce Book" , which I found through this forum - I have no idea how credible its sources are but this cought my attention after reading your post:

(Note: Contactee Maurice Doreal claims to have learned from people he had encountered who came from the subterranean 'Agharti' colonies below North America and Asia, that these giants were closely allied with a race of pre-Scandinavian Nordics who maintained a powerful and scientifically developed civilization whose remains now lie beneath tons of sand in the ancient Gobi desert region of Asia. Doreal was told how both the giants and blond people had waged a prehistoric war against a race of Antarctic-based reptiloids, which they succeeded in driving from the surface of the planet during the ancient conflict. - Branton)

"Under cover of darkness, with bases hidden inside the earth, this nocturnal invader has chosen to reclaim what was once theirs & use it, and us, as a staging area in their ancient conflict with the 'ELs'.

Explanation on "ELs" :

(Note: That is, to reclaim that which these serpent races WANT US TO BELIEVE was once theirs. The 'ELs' are the so-named EL-der race, a human branch tied-in with the Evadamic heritage yet who had attained to or had retained a very tall physical stature averaging from 9-12 ft. in height. Others have referred to them as the 'Anakim' or the 'Nepheli'. - Branton)

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
And God saw that it was good. And on the seventh day, God rested. And on the eighth day Adam and Eve set up house in the Garden of Eden. We all know the story of Adam and Eve. The first two humans to set foot upon the earth. And God put them there. After he created the earth, the oceans, the land, the sky, the heavens, the animals, the birds, and the fish in the sea. God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply. The rest is history. Or is it..
Rest of story follow the link.....

www.grassyknoll.homestead.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
dawnaj....thanks for the info on the Dulce Book. I'll check it out sometime. My family, fiance', etc. usually get into deep philosophical conversations and this was one of my thoughts...no way to prove it of course, so thats why I prefer to call it aphilosophical idea!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
xtap59, if you�ve seen Kubrick�s 2001-a space Odysse the story you linked to from Grassyknoll kinda resembles the first 20 minutes. Except that the Aliens are represented by the Monolith in the movie.

If you use peer-to-peer programs like Direct Connect or Kazaa I�d suggest finding these 2 docs: UFOs What You Didnt Know - UFOs In The Bible and Fallen Angels - Ancient ufos TV8. They feature some of the paintings that LadyV linked to among other things.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i have been doing some reaserach about my topic

it seems that also aliens could have affected greek mytholigy

a chariet took some guy away

the greek thought it was gods?

the god of war maybe greek poeple thought that every single gods taught them stuff
but all the stuff they toiught them is how they got there names

cut out aphroiditey i mean humans dont need to be tought how to make love

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
there was also belief of poeple making giant pictures in like grveley sub stance

they were in shap of mammels

they were in mainly africa
but this one puzzled me they made a pic ture of a whale??

how would they know hwat a whale was

they would have atleasthad to have seen one but how there were in the middle of africa ?

maybe aliens gave them a ride?

alos these pictures could have been used as run ways

top topics

<<   2 >>

join