It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel like Having to Work is un-natural?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You are exactly right! When I've sat and read all the anti-American, anti-government/establishment threads/posts here on ATS, I've thought then what the heck was the purpose of wiping out the Native culture off the face of the Earth for? They did have it right. But that's "advancement" and "technology" . I once read a book called "Earth Abides" and in it human civilization ultimately went back to the culture of Native Americans; that type of life. I'm so sick of people with their big complaint that "we as Americans need to revolt against the system." I have to shake my head at that, what you people are asking for is to revert back to simpler times, really.

edit on 12-2-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well okay, maybe you shouldn't work...

So people should just sit on their lazy behinds expecting everyone else to pay for their expenses.

You think this is fair???

And for everyone who is milking the welfare/unemployment benefits, once the government goes broke and can no longer support these systems, you will HAVE to find a job or else you will find yourself homeless.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagula

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by GeminiSky

Alright ! You've got an excellent thread going here. Work, for me is a natural thing, I'm talking hard labor here.
Outdoors in the sunshine of So Calif. I love it..However, the fact that I, have to woirk, for a living ,just because I live on this Earth, for me, is really a messed up way of existence. I believe in the Good Lord and I know, this world is an abomination, to what, he once looked upon and said," it is good". God wouldn't make a place like this. I know that in my heart.

Randyvious

SnF
edit on 12-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

So wait... you just wan't to... 'exist'? Not have to do... anything? What would you possibly contribute if your 'God' gave you EVERYTHING? You HAVE to be able to give back, to prosper, to learn and grow... that's what everything in nature is about. The way we've developed it for our own life is different than a plant's, but it's ALL THE SAME THING. How would you ever become stronger spiritually, if you don't contribute, give, learn what you and yourself need while helping others?

You've simply assumed the wrong thing about me personally, in my post. Even after choosing to ignore that I said I love to work. I just feel that any part of what I do, going to some unseen force. Is deplorable at best. You
may not understand the fact that God had much better plans for humanity. That's on you. I could elaborate, but you seem to pick and choose what you want to believe as it is. So I'm not one to waste my time.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It is absolutely unnatural. I'm 33 and been working since I was 17 at a wide range of jobs. Everything from the Army to manufacturing to painting houses to surveying etc etc. And they all have one thing in comon. Every day that you show up to work, youre walking into a dictatorship. The company can make and enforce their own rules. And can always make new ones to suit their needs as they arise. I was always told that if you learn your craft, be professional, work hard, you move up and thats how you make a better living for yourself. The truth is you can work hard all you want, the man is gonna move up his friends, family and whoever sucks up the most to him. Things like seniority and time and energy spent, or knowledge of the jobs mean nothing at all. The smarter you are and the quicker you catch on the worse it seems, and the more the bossman is intimidated by you. I would much rather work for myself, but how am I supposed to find something I love and invest time and money in it when I'm caught up with just paying the bills and putting food on the table? I have no cellphone, a 20 year old pickup, a small rgb tv to watch the weather on in the mornings, I live very modestly and learned long ago that things mean absolutely nothing in the end. Work, eat, sleep, work, eat sleep. I like many others do not have a rich family member or Bill Gates as a friend to loan me money, so what am I supposed to do? Keep on working for the dictators.

Job is an acronym for just over broke, you'll never get ahead. If you get ahead you might actually decide to quit the rat race for a while and the company just cant have that. Gotta keep you needing money every week so you'll drag yourself to the zombiemill workplace everyday.

I would much rather work for myself, hunting/fishing/gardening for my food and making everything that I needed. but the only way that will work is if you have a "village" of sorts where everyone did this. So anyone on here want to start a tribe?
edit on 12-2-2011 by ghostsoldier78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

What exactly is it you are asking about?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My thoughts are what exactly is your point? What you do to earn a living is your choice no one elses?

So our thoughts mean what exactly to you?

Either keep doing what your doing or do something else. I say that because this post is about you, your feelings, your future.

So what about doing what you do for your family and their future.... Oh, thats right you've only been working 6 years and not even married yet.

I'd say just grow up actually and ask yourself the question instead of everyone else.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
Little do they realize, work everywhere has the same ethics... compliance to a broken system.

edit on 2/12/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

I got to page 11 in the thread before something really clicked. This is it... compliance to a broken system.

Gemini, you have garnered some very wise responses in this thread. Figuring out which responses are most useful is totally up to you (and to anyone else reading the thread). A lot of job anxieties come from the existential situation of being in the wrong place/wrong station in life. Everyone asks these fundamental questions, they are called the Great 4 Questions of Life: Who am I? Where did I come from? What is my purpose here? Where am I going after this is over?

Gemini, The system created you to fix a broken system. If the system was perfect it wouldn't need anything else.And it wouldn't need you.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier78
It is absolutely unnatural. I'm 33 and been working since I was 17 at a wide range of jobs. Everything from the Army to manufacturing to painting houses to surveying etc etc. And they all have one thing in comon. Every day that you show up to work, youre walking into a dictatorship. The company can make and enforce their own rules. And can always make new ones to suit their needs as they arise. I was always told that if you learn your craft, be professional, work hard, you move up and thats how you make a better living for yourself. The truth is you can work hard all you want, the man is gonna move up his friends, family and whoever sucks up the most to him. Things like seniority and time and energy spent, or knowledge of the jobs mean nothing at all. The smarter you are and the quicker you catch on the worse it seems, and the more the bossman is intimidated by you. I would much rather work for myself, but how am I supposed to find something I love and invest time and money in it when I'm caught up with just paying the bills and putting food on the table? I have no cellphone, a 20 year old pickup, a small rgb tv to watch the weather on in the mornings, I live very modestly and learned long ago that things mean absolutely nothing in the end. Work, eat, sleep, work, eat sleep. I like many others do not have a rich family member or Bill Gates as a friend to loan me money, so what am I supposed to do? Keep on working for the dictators.

Job is an acronym for just over broke, you'll never get ahead. If you get ahead you might actually decide to quit the rat race for a while and the company just cant have that. Gotta keep you needing money every week so you'll drag yourself to the zombiemill workplace everyday.

I would much rather work for myself, hunting/fishing/gardening for my food and making everything that I needed. but the only way that will work is if you have a "village" of sorts where everyone did this. So anyone on here want to start a tribe?
edit on 12-2-2011 by ghostsoldier78 because: (no reason given)

My boss has an absolutely ingenious principle that he calls "One Hour a Day." He says find something you're really interested in -- may it be art, history, website design, economics, electric work, green construction, whatever -- and learn about it for just ONE HOUR a day, every day. In 6 months, you'll know more about the topic than most people; in 1 year, you'll be an expert, in 2-3 years a master.

The best people I've seen in many fields are the autodidacts, because they're so thoroughly fascinated with their subject; there's nothing you could learn in college (or anywhere else) that you couldn't teach yourself in ONE HOUR A DAY.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

No one is saying we "shouldn't work" but there are those that think the fruits of our labor shouldn't go to the government to profit those that don't necessarily represent us. I am not a stranger to work; my first job was when I was 13. I think that the system is set up to put people in debt to the elite and that is what people are beginning to question. None of us think "we shouldn't have to work", I think we mostly want to reap the benefits of our work and not give the majority of it to the government, perhaps.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I understand that in the past man had to find food, build shelter, fend off enemies, etc.. to ensure his family's survival.

"And the cats in the cradle"

And one may argue that in today's modern world, working in exchange for money so that an individual can secure shelter and food is the same thing, but I just can help feeling that this isnt how we were meant to live.

"And the silver spoon"

I recently started a new sales job, and while the pay is good, the hours are inhumane... most days we work from 9am to 9pm and only get 30 min for lunch! While observing my new found co-workers, I noticed that they have all become complacent, and dont even go out for lunch, they just sit in their cubicles munching on unhealthy junk food.

"Little boy blue"

But my point is, no matter how much you make, you will still be dedicating 1/2 of your life to work, another 1/4 to sleep, and 1/4 is left for EVERYTHING else which includes errands, traffic, getting to and from work. By the time you are 65 yrs old, you have only really LIVED for about 5 years, in which you could do what YOU WANTED to do.

"And the men on the moon" though some say, the man on the moon.

But anyways, you said it yourself your make good money at your selling stuff job, now a days there are people who if they were as good at it as you, and had the option would do what you do in a blink of the eye. Not saying your job is bad or whatever, you sound like your in a better position then me or other people, just that yes your right, and you might as well use that for something else then fueling the machine. If thats all it came down to then that is the very definition of insanity, and we might as well all be robots.

So I think it's time for you to start looking to different lifestyles, with that money you make. Because no matter what you do there is always work, go about it gradually and try to find whatever make you happy or what fulfills you as an individual. Maybe your a more outdoors work on your own farm/commune type of person, or maybe your more of a geek/technical type of person, and you would like that more then the living off the land thing. Or whatever else.

No matter what your into there will always be some others who feel as you do and would be willing to go out and do whatever your all into. And remember no one said other then some corporations who want to keep people in line, that you can not be both a geek and a outdoor person. All it really comes down to is building the structures for such things as people have a easier and better way, or more options other then the constant feeding of the machine we all like to call the rat race. Now there are exemptions to everything, such as were you were born or live at, and the realities of your lot and the facts of your environment, and conditioning to structures, but if you can then why not do something else. I always wondered why in such places that have lots of land/space or everything they could really need people always congregate like rats in cities.

I mean take america the place has more then enough land for people to start different lifestyle projects, that if you lived in a place like Japan which is an island and has more people per square meeter on it then most Cities here in the US that it would be impossible, so concerning some things it would have not as many options other then doing the whole city skyscraper thing. Or in some middle easter countries or Africa were they would fight over water, and there is more sand then useful farmland, people always forget that were you live and your surrounding has a big part on your civilization and what you would be doing, or be able to do, you wont be seeing the Eskimos building any skyscrapers now will you, not because they are not capable of doing it if it came down to it, but because of there very location and the facts of that location, and the structure for survival that the snow and ice would demand of them.

There are always more options other then the rat race, and if you can. Then why not do it? Trust me civilizations wont be going anywhere anytime soon, and if they do disappear then you still would most likely be better off then those in it. And especially if you can have the tech and means to keep up with the advances in cities, and the peace and satisfaction of knowing that what you worked for will be yours and can really on it. Then why not do it? In fact it would be pretty stupid not to at least try do something like that, and a totally missed opportunity.

Now.... Knowing what you really want in life, and love to do with your time and goals. Now that is a whole different story, and one that we all have to personally find out. But remember were there is a "will" there is a "way". Or to put in into baseball movie terms. "If you build it, they will come" In fact they will come even if you don't build it, just as long as you seriously begin to start to build it, they will come to finish building it. Or if you a more financial businessy person "If a business does well, the stock eventually follows" or "supply creates its own demand" I could probably put up more quotes on meanings, but whatever.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
If you were dumped off into the wilderness and your only job was to survive, you would be surprised at how much work that is. Just finding drinkable water can take you a day. Think you are frustrated getting paid $50 an hour to sit in an air conditioned office cubicle and surf facebook in between phone calls? Try spending 2 days hunting elusive prey animals while your stomach is growling and your hands trembling from hunger. Hate that alarm clock going off at 6am for you to start your day? Try not being able to sleep because you keep hearing something moving around in the woods near your camp. Think it's unfair when your boss confronts you about you not meeting your deadlines? Try having a black bear confront you because she wants to rip out your liver and feed it to her cubs.

Yes, living modern life is not "natural", but consider the alternative, and be careful what you wish for.

You are describing someone who is stranded alone or in a small group, not how people lived before electricity. I am not saying that it wasn't difficult work, but people still had time to study, learn math e.c.t. Of course, there were slaves to cook and gather food from the field. We still have that today, they just are not called slaves. This way, a scientist can go to a restaurant to eat, be served and have the rest of the day for research and personal time. We just rearranged things a bit and everyone goes along to get along.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yes, absolutely.

but only in a certain way. After being unemployed before for a few years, I personally felt more free, not being restricted by an every-day job.

However, you eventually learn you have to work to survive and find some form of income.

So to answer your original question. Working in itself does not feel un-natural, but some jobs you have to do for "work" to make an income, are.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I remember reading papers on this very thing years ago.

Some anthropologists say that for the majority of human history we only spent a short while each day hunting/gathering, and the rest of the time was spent socializing. They even go on to say that working 8+ hours day after day is not what we've evolved to deal with, and is why stress and depression are at astronomical levels.

Was like, 15 years ago i read it. Not even sure if it's online, but anthropology is the field to look for any science on this.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Work feels un-natural to you because you are not doing whats in alignment with your passions and creativity. When your "career" is not your passions it feels un-natural and like "work". If you do what you love for a living, you will love to work. So do what u love for work.

Be an entrepreneur and start your own business based on something you love to do.

I used to be a salesman going from job to job until I just started selling stuff on my own and just doing business myself. Most people don't have the skills, patients, knowledge, responsibility, or confidence to start their own business.. But it may be mandatory to survive (and thrive) in the New World Order when corporate America goes to sh&t (its gonna get worse).

Network and affiliate marketing are both quick and easy ways to get started with business. I do both, plus other direct selling/marketing businesses.

I recommend you get a copy of Paul Zane Pilzers book called "The Next Millionaires". And Daniel Pinks book called "A Whole New Mind- Why Right Brainers Will Rule The Future".

Or.. the 4 Hour Work Week. By Tim Ferris..

Great books that will explain where our economy is headed and how to profit from it.

Heres a video from Dan Pink:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-2-2011 by ThreeThreeThree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Everything is unnatural if looked at from the proper perspective. Which is true of anything and any adjective to be honest. So everything is everything and everything is nothing.
But nothing is still something.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Regardless of whether other people may say you're just a lazy person, you are absolutely right. God did NOT create us to work. Have a good read of Genesis Chapters 1-3.

Genesis 1:26-30, "Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so."

God created us in His image; in His likeness. Nowhere in the bible does it say that God created us to work. No, it's quite the contrary. God gave Adam and Eve everything they needed to live, as specified in v. 29.

Unfortunately, Adam and Eve sinned. Because sin entered the world, it brought along with it many things, including death, toil, suffering, pain, sickness, guilt, fear, etc.

Genesis 3:17-19, "To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”"

Listen to these words very carefully: Mankind was not made with all these things in mind! Since Jesus died for us on the cross, and took away our sins, we no longer have to live like this (Romans 8:1,2, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death." Ephesians 1:7,8, "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us." Colossians 1:13,14, "For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.")!

The Sabbath. God created man on the sixth day. On the seventh day he rested from the work of creation that he had done. That means that Adam did not work on the first day that he existed. God created us TOWARDS the Sabbath. What is the Sabbath? It is a day of rest. God commands us in Exodus Chapter 20:8-11, "“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy." We have an eternal Sabbath through Jesus Christ. Hebrews 4:9-11, "There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

Moreover, listen to what it says in Matthew 6:25-34, "“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

God will provide for us all our needs so long as we put Him and His kingdom above all else. Amen!

[align=right][color=darkgreen]~Kenji[/align]

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

LOL just reading the title I had to throw a Hell yeah in !.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is why you get an education.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I could totally appreciate just living in nature, no electricity, living off the land.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Thats very good advice, and its funny you say that because just a little while back I decided to take up archery. Not much involved to get started, just got an inexpensive bow that I can use for bowfishing or hunting. At first I made a cardboard target to teach myself some fundamentals(and I practiced at least an hour a day like you mentioned). Then I started walking out in the woods "stump" shooting. Now I watch as much as I can on youtube, archeryblogger and anything else I can about making my own string, the differences in them, whats materials are best for wood bows, rasping a bow properly and on and on. I love learning everything I can about it. Its a great outlet to pump my energy into instead of meaningless jobs. Thats what I daydream about when I'm working at a stagnant, boring job, that maybe one day I can be a master archer and people will be watching my videos, reading my blogs and buying bows that I made. Well, I daydream about that and creative ways to tell the bossman to frig off when I quit that hellhole. Thanks for the advice.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join