It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel like Having to Work is un-natural?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Somebody has mentioned money, What is money I will not answer this for you. Yes it currently has been applied to work.
If you work to surive do you require money to surive? does a stay at home mom require money to do her work to look after her family?
Your born into a concept of how to work, given every reason, but are they true what makes them true.

Example you and 10 others crash on a suitable planet there are no others, You can survive quite well, is money required to survive? If money is not required to survive than why is it nessary, Is money a concept. Who's concept is it? Why do you live in a concept?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Living is work....we should not have to work to live.

This is what I get from the comments in most of this thread. Work in it's self is not un-natural....what is un-natural is
the way we conceive "work" and it's relationship with our daily lives. What is natural is to realize that life it's self is work and that work we do staying alive is not only helping us, but those around us too.

"Money makes the world go 'round" How true in today's world...and that will be our undoing if we do not change it.

How do we change it, you may ask. Look inside yourself...find what does not feel right to you and make the decision to change what you do not accept fits with what you want your life to be. I will not tell you what you should do, as you should already know if you look close enough...and for each of us it will be different. Listen to your inner self and stop "working" to live...and just get on with the work of living.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Yes.

I have always felt it strange, and felt literally as if we as a global society are virtually enslaved as a "toiling" species.

Although the subject of scoff and ridicule, contactee Alex Collier's synopsis of what an extra-terrestrial "elder" supposedly said to him when he described the monetary system and how society functions in its 'work to survive' structure sums it up to a tee of what a truly strange planet we subsist upon imho:

"I don't understand...Why would anyone have to PAY, just to LIVE on a planet they were BORN on?"

I would imagine that ANY advanced civilization, should there truly be one, which observed the way human kind is set up, would be equally as puzzled.

Also another quote, by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe comes to mind when I think about how our collective society operates:

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free".

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
well working all hours isn't natural , a man needs to enjoy life , spend time with his friends , family . But the thing is I'm unemployed but i'm not a lazy man , I'm involved with three different groups and i contribute , and we all work together , not for cash , but because it's fun , productive and educational. I've gained confidence because of the drama group that I'm in , I've built relationships and I'll never ever give that up . I write also and I've spent time and money on my hobbie and I'll never earn a single euro from my poetry because I love what i do.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Working in of itself is not un-natural. Its actually good for you and helps your spirit grow.

Social and Economic stratification is un-natural. Not only is it un-natural it is whats killing everyone.

There is no such thing as big me little you. It is some kind of self delusion most all of us have bought into...including myself.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I believe you should try to find a job with some substance to it. To me certain jobs are deffinately unnatural. (i.e. stock borker, salesman, banker) These jobs have no real meaning. Nothing to better civilization, or humanity for that matter, at the end of the day. You should deffinately try to find something that at the end of the day you can sit back and say, "look i did that" or "look, i helped to make that happen". These kind of jobs would be, engineer, nurse, carpenter, etc.

Im am currently a survey technician at a Civil Engineering co. and i absolutely love my job because at the end of the day i can look at something real, something that has made this place just a little better. I can see where the daily bump and grind of a job that has no outcome would be depressing.

It all boils down to, and im trully not trying to be an ass right now, get a REAL job.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Yes.

I have always felt it strange, and felt literally as if we as a global society are virtually enslaved as a "toiling" species.

Although the subject of scoff and ridicule, contactee Alex Collier's synopsis of what an extra-terrestrial "elder" supposedly said to him when he described the monetary system and how society functions in its 'work to survive' structure sums it up to a tee of what a truly strange planet we subsist upon imho:

"I don't understand...Why would anyone have to PAY, just to LIVE on a planet they were BORN on?"

I would imagine that ANY advanced civilization, should there truly be one, which observed the way human kind is set up, would be equally as puzzled.

Also another quote, by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe comes to mind when I think about how our collective society operates:

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free".

It's a terrible system, that's all fine and dandy. But of these 'advanced civilizaitons', are they bound by the same earthly engagements we are? Are they bound by terrestrial factors, are they SO FAR ADVANCED in science, spirituality, consciousness they have no greed or glutton?

That's what money is based off of... greed. Because if we didn't have money, and just provided goods, someone would try to get more than the other. Or, there would be all people receiving the same and one working harder than the other. Or feeling more self-entitled, to say, 'enjoy the world and life' and slack off. But still get the same.

Money is a balancing act, which is ALL that life is. Money is no foreign object, it's what our mind perceives it as. It's property. It's your value. It's worth. Without it, you're only worth as much as you can provide for your fellow man as long as we're bound by these earthly bodies.

And we have no knowledge or control of what comes next. We can only hope to do the best with what we're given, and unfortunately we're not the most beautiful or sophisticated creatures as we still have gluttonous beasts and corporations, lazy welfare people, those who don't know how to respect nature and the things around them, or seek too much from it that they become depressed and sad when nature bitch slaps them in the face with a cruel awakening that as beautiful as it is, it isn't merciful. It, too, has to survive.

Can you EVEN BELIEVE?!? that there are some people that can't respect themselves, nature, others, or the Universe enough to not even DECIDE on something they LIKE TO DO?!? How many people do you know that don't have a passion in life? They NEED the dead end job because they literally CAN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE. It's #ing nonsense when you're some sack being dragged on the Earth. I personally know people who you could ask:

If you could drop everything right now, and get enrolled in a university for ANY subject fully paid, what would you choose? And they would tell me "I dunno", no matter how much time I gave them to sit and think about it. How in the hell can you consider yourself alive, worth more than the last french fry you ate?

So I ask you all again, this is a very basic question for this debate.

In your world, where you don't have to pay for the water you drink, the food you eat, the entertainment you partake in, what do you even DO with your day? Do you volunteer, work, read, eat?

Who provides for you? How did you get where you are? Where will you go, who will you see? How do you measure intelligence, superiority. How do you gauge someone's contributions to societal good? How do you even know if you're doing what's right for yourself, if you can't see how anyone else lives?

How do we get to experience life, meet people, see the world if everything is handed to you on a magical silver platter?
edit on 12-2-2011 by shagula because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by shagula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
...if you take a job that doesnt leave you time for the life you want - that was your choice and you can change that...

...i'm in my late 50s and i've always done as i pleased (job wise)... sometimes that worked out great - sometimes it sucked hind tit - sometimes it was mediocre... my favorite was driving 10,000 miles a month to collect pipeline samples... wasnt exactly lucrative unless you count being happy and i do...

...below is a thread started by a young man who moved from ny to alaska with 800 bucks in his pocket cuz he was willing to get up off of his ass and WORK HARD to change his life to what he wanted...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...bottom line: if you dont like your life - change it...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagula

So I ask, in a world that was perfect for you, what would you do everyday?

What would you contribute, where would you live, with what, with who... would you be the ruler? Would there be a ruler? Is it a community, is it just you, is it your family?

I'm an artist at heart and by nature, so this one is an easy answer for me. I'd create: Music, art, writing, choreograph, acting. I love to create things that can uplift and inspire the people around me. In fact, I guess I view it as a form of healing. I'd also have time to pursue one of my other passions: gardening. I'd love to have the time (and some land) to grow a lot more of my own food supply from seed to table. Not only for the survival aspect of it, but for the enjoyment aspect of it. There's nothing quite like getting your hands full of dirt.

In terms of where I'd live? In a perfect world, I'd love to live in a small community of likeminded individuals who were also of a creative bent. That way we could share ideas, art, inspiration. What I wouldn't give for such a 'perfect world'.

edit on 12-2-2011 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This topic resonates with me and I have registered to add my two cents. From birth we train for, then perform job functions that maintain civilization. 12+ years of schooling followed by decades of work is the societal norm in developed countries.
Is it necessary? Is it immoral? The answer to that is subjective because each person holds differing views about the value of work, and what constitutes work.
And for the reason I signed up on ATS, I wanted to share a movie that dares to address this very issue.
Ikiru Clip

edit on 12-2-2011 by ArmchairGeneral because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
no, i dont believe its unnatural, but it is certainly ridiculous. what do you think is worse, work to live, or live to work? neither are a good way to live. i know people that HAVE to work just to survive (barely). no night out, because every dollar goes to rent. im not a smart man, but i believe there has to be a better system out there somewhere.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIGGSofWAR
Somebody has mentioned money, What is money I will not answer this for you. Yes it currently has been applied to work.
If you work to surive do you require money to surive? does a stay at home mom require money to do her work to look after her family?
Your born into a concept of how to work, given every reason, but are they true what makes them true.

Example you and 10 others crash on a suitable planet there are no others, You can survive quite well, is money required to survive? If money is not required to survive than why is it nessary, Is money a concept. Who's concept is it? Why do you live in a concept?

Money is not the problem. The way it is created and treated IS one of the biggest problems to society!

Money is a bartering tool instead of trading supplies and services directly. Money used to exist as gold and silver certificates but according to the PTB there was not enough gold and silver to accomodate for all the money/currency in circulation, so it became a fiat system.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
Hey guys,

Ive been feeling this more and more often and I just have to share my thoughts.

I am currently 24. Ever since I entered the workforce at 18, I have got bogged down in the corporate grind. Sales is my career and I've sold everything from car warranties to home loans to actual homes as a Realtor, and I must say I am quite good at what I do as a sales person.

However, I have been getting these intense thoughts that working for a living is NOT NATURAL and not how god intended us to live as human beings on this planet. But I digress.....

I understand that in the past man had to find food, build shelter, fend off enemies, etc.. to ensure his family's survival.

And one may argue that in today's modern world, working in exchange for money so that an individual can secure shelter and food is the same thing, but I just can help feeling that this isnt how we were meant to live.

I recently started a new sales job, and while the pay is good, the hours are inhumane... most days we work from 9am to 9pm and only get 30 min for lunch! While observing my new found co-workers, I noticed that they have all become complacent, and dont even go out for lunch, they just sit in their cubicles munching on unhealthy junk food.

How in the world am I supposed to live my life when I get home late, only have a few hours for myself to eat, wash up, and before I know it Im falling asleep only to repeat the process all over again the next day.

Today I read a point of view about working from a poster on GLP, this is what he wrote:

How often does it happen. Someone gets a job at a factory etc and they are excited that they have a job. They slowly become stagnant about finding a better job. The Monday after xmas they wake up for work. Their birthday they work. Halloween they work. Best friends wedding cant afford, gotta work. Daughters birth, missed it had to work. No walking along the top of a mountain looking down the beautiful landscapes. Meeting people at a bar at midnight in another country.

No going to the big rock concert in the big city. No late night walks through the countryside on a summer night gettin high with a friend/friends. Life spent at work. Every day. Gotta work work work. We all think we're special. Are we special after 30 years of working at some factory that makes spark plugs. I want to be free. I'm 29 years old and im sick of working my ass off just to afford food apt and a car and 1 coat and a few outfits. I'm starting to get paranoid thoughts that I will never get to meet strangers and have a blast in Europe at midnite.

I wont get to walk on the top of a mountain with my wife in Tibet. I wont get to peacefully relax in New Zealand. Or hang out at a coffee shop in the Netherlands. it's wake up Monday morning and time for work. And it doesnt stop until you're old and frail with wasted vitality.

Source

Now, even though I feel that some of my opinions may differ from this posters, I truly sympathized with him as a fellow human being in regards to his feelings of hopelessness and being stuck in a job. We all become comfortable and complacent at times and just dont want to risk the security of a current job in order to find something better.

Keep in mind this is not always the case, and I make a good living doing sales...however it just does not feel NORMAL!

To top it off I had been gradually sucked into materialism, I had a brand new sports car that lost its appeal the next month when something new came out, the new cell phone that suddenly became annoying once I read about a newer shinier one that came out, and now Im glad to say that I have COMPLETELY did a 180 and have become the most NON materialistic person ever. --- This is why ive started having these negative thoughts about work and how it controls our entire lives!

I want to put a reply I made further down in the thread right here because it also pertains to this OP:
******************************************************************************************************************************
I am NOT looking for an EXCUSE not to work! I am simply stating the the way the work is structured in today's world feels inhumane and un-natural.

And its not all about how much you make! I personally know someone who manages an entire Wells Fargo branch and makes roughly 350k net income per yr.

He gets up at 5 AM and gets home at 11 PM. This person also works Saturdays and every other Sunday too. HE HAS NO TIME to spend his money, and in fact drives a regular mid range Toyota, does not buy expensive things or live in an expensive house.

But my point is, no matter how much you make, you will still be dedicating 1/2 of your life to work, another 1/4 to sleep, and 1/4 is left for EVERYTHING else which includes errands, traffic, getting to and from work.

By the time you are 65 yrs old, you have only really LIVED for about 5 years, in which you could do what YOU WANTED to do.

************************************************************************************************************************************

Seriously guys, I just dont feel human having to work for a living so that I can afford food, housing, a car and clothes. I feel that if instead of that I was forced to hunt, construct shelter, and defend my family that I would do this gladly and not feel as if I was "working" for a living.

Thoughts?

---GeminiSky
edit on 11-2-2011 by GeminiSky because: Added additional content to summarize my thoughts.

MY FRIEND , you have no ideea how good you "nailed" my EXACT dislikes!
I mean , I quit my job on 10 february , told my boss to go etc himself and now I really got some time to breath (that is , if I can, and not beeing poisoned by aerosols/chemtrails with aluminum , barium , strontium or biological "things" that make me sick litteraly...) .
I really am sick of this world and PRAY for something to happend that will end this nightmare!
I don't really care if it will be A BAD EVENT OR GOOD EVENT!
I'm sick of it!
And by the way : very good topic ACTUALLY EXCELLENT AND "TO DATE" TOPIC!
Thank you for creating it!
Forgot to add something:
MONEY=DEVIL'S EYE!
WITH MONEY THE WORLD IS CURRENTLY BEEING DESTROYED!
AND WE KILLED SLOWLY!

edit on 12-2-2011 by leaualorin because: Forgot the MONEY = DEVIL'S EYE! wish the devil would dissapeare FOREVER!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I too feel that work is unnatural. Working for "the man" is unnatural. I'm perfectly fine with working for myself, i.e. working my land, doing for my family.
What I say next is something I have always wondered: Who was I in a past life that my distaste for working for others is so strong ? Was I a person of importance or am I just insane. I have always wanted to do a past life regression session just to see what is said. Maybe it would explain some things better.
Thanks for the post about the subject, it certainly gives me food for thought.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If you enjoy doing something a lot it doesn't have to be considered work. However, if you do something you don't enjoy then it is considered work, because you have to work hard to fulfill others needs and not your own. I myself enjoy many things. I can adapt to any job, as long as I feel at the end of the day I've accomplished something for my own sake. I do think its un-natural to work hard, and pay for insurances, property taxes etc. Another way for Governments to screw the people out of their earnings to pay for Government agendas.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragynfly
I too feel that work is unnatural. Working for "the man" is unnatural. I'm perfectly fine with working for myself, i.e. working my land, doing for my family.
What I say next is something I have always wondered: Who was I in a past life that my distaste for working for others is so strong ? Was I a person of importance or am I just insane. I have always wanted to do a past life regression session just to see what is said. Maybe it would explain some things better.
Thanks for the post about the subject, it certainly gives me food for thought.

I sincerely think that he whole humanity should RISE /REVOLT , STOP WORKING AND KILL THESE DEVILS THAT ARE RULING/EXPLOITING US TODAY!
We are VERY CLOSE to the state of SLAVES!
I'm very very sorry that A LOT OF HUMANS litterally do not have the brains /can't think about this issue , and DO NOT REALIZE that they work for "pennies" , and that their boss is getting richer and more POWERFULL (remember , POWER=DECISIONS AND CONTROL OF OTHER'S LIFES!), While they are staying in that sh y position (aka slaves), all their lives!!!
WHY ?!?!?! don't we see this?!
The current CHEMTRAILS that no official can't and doesn't have the guts to tackle (VERY BIG FEAR PREVENTS THEM TO DO IT) , are being payed BY THE ONES THAT WORK AND MAKE RICH THEIR BOSSES!!!
working in order to have to eat is one thing , and working for money is SLAVERY "DISGUISED" !
And this is my humble opinion!
By the way : I'm going to be 29 this year on 27 august!
AND I HATE WORKING FROM MY GUTS!!!
I don't feel is nowhere near "good" and the money gained make me sick...
I feel like a whore...
Payed to do obscenities to perverts...
Something has to be done and ALL OF US MUST ACT NOW OR WE WILL NEVER GET THE CHANCE AGAIN!
We will be used for as long as we are still needed and after that we will be slowly eliminated!
If this process of elimination hasn't allready BEGAN!
edit on 12-2-2011 by leaualorin because: spelling...

edit on 12-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I can't find any points to argue against. I am completing my final semester in college and I am really grudging going out into the workforce. I really just want to be happy and do what I love. But doing what you love won't pay the bills and keep you warm or set-up a future for a future family.

This system is designed to keep many down while the select few get to rise up through the ranks, there is no equilibrium.

But be glad that you aren't middle management or a supervisor who get paid the same as other employees but have more responsibilities. Those kind of jobs are stressful. BTW, I am a strong person and I know I will make it through whatever path lies ahead but my gut doesn't want me to get a 9-5.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I hear ya, brother. I have the same feeling about wasting time toiling for someone else's benefit.

I lost my corporate job over a year ago. A fairly enjoyable job, decent pay, good benes, nothing extravagant. However, I began to feel complacent as well because people higher up in the chain of command started meddling in my work, as though I'm not the college-educated, extremely experienced professional that I am. It started to piss me off a bit. I made the mistake of opening my piehole about it to a colleague about my frustration, and he used it to further his career and get rid of me. Nice, eh?

So I've been staying home and doing a little work here and there from home, building clientele for myself in hopes of becoming independent. I have a few clients and might have a couple more big ones in the coming weeks, but it's been tough financially. I'll tell you what, though - it's been a lot less stressful. I don't answer to some egomaniacial chucklehead like I used to. I work when I want, even if it's at midnight or on a Sunday. I want a 3-day weekend, I take it.

If I did not have a college degree and a well-endowed skill set, I would be at the mercy of the corporate slavemasters, no matter which one I worked for.

You want an advantage? Put the damn bong down when you're in high school and get your ass to classes. Get good grades, go to college, even if it's a community college. Get a 4-year degree and learn something useful. Otherwise, you get the 5h!7 jobs that no one else wants.

As for me, I work for myself, I am building clientele, and I doubt that I will work for anyone else ever again. Also, We own a retail business that my wife operates. You can't rely on other people to make things happen for yourself anymore.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

To be honest it just sounds like you don't much like your job and need to get another one. If you don't enjoy going to work then find a job you do enjoy.

And no... I'm not about to read all 14 pages of this thread.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I totally know what you mean my friend. I am 30 years old and have been stuck in an office job since i left school. Staring at a computer screen for 8 hours a day, with just one hour for a break. I start work and its dark, I finish work and its dark. I commute home, get stuck in traffic, arrive and have to cook and clean, before its time for bed. What a god awful exsistance! Some people are scared about the world changing in 2012, to be honest I welcome anything which will free my from the rut which has become my life.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join