It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Fox News employee: "Stuff is just made up"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Media matters is the fox news of the liberals. Why exactly should I trust them any more than Fox?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If the story is true, hows is it any different than how CNN,ABC,NBC,CBS,MSNBC,NPR,The New York Times,etc etc etc etc operate?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Seems to me that there aren't any non biased media sources avalible today. They either have their own agenda or are controlled by the government.Doesn't matter to me who the source was ,their not telling us anything we don't already know,whether we admit it or not.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is unworthy of the front page of ATS.

a) Media matters has been caught making up stories. Google it. So regardless, its the pot calling the kettle black.

b) Media matters is funded by George Soros.

c) An anonymous former employee might not even be a real employee. Its non-verifiable. That might have well published a story "some say Fox News..." and it would have the same credibility.

d) An anonymous former employee could be the grounds keeper for all we know. I find it interesting that their position was omitted.

e) Former employees are hardly objective or trustworthy in evaluating their former employers. You fire an employee for theft and I guarantee you from their perspective it'll be the former employer that was at fault (not themselves).

and finally) Who cares? Its not like we (I mean anyone in the United States) trust the MSM.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I guess I'm a little confused by some of the responses to this post. A Fox News employee comes forward and states Fox is making up some of their "news". But that somehow gets turned into a rant against CNN (or others)? I'm sorry, but when a CNN employee comes forward and says CNN is making up news, THEN you can bitch about CNN. This is just another example in a long list of examples of Fox News distorting events to suit their political agenda. It's propaganda, plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It's the old "Yea, but they are MY liars" defense.

I don't watch any of the crap nor do I root for any of it. It's all these people that proclaim "non-partisanship" yet continually pick a dog in the fight. Double-think all over the joint.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The point people are making is they are all as bad as one another. Thats why i put up that famous clip of cnn faking that broadcast back in the gulf war or something.

They are all faking news. The best western news you get is russia today, lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
keep getting brainwashed you liberals . people on blackberries throw out there leader . and people are thrilled .. your all brainwashed

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Hi tech

I was going to suggest Outfoxed but you beat me and probably a few others to it. I really enjoyed it. If you liked that I am going to make a couple of suggestions.

You should definitely check out a series called Newswipe, it's by Charlie Brooker. Is interesting and very funny. The guy who made it wants it to get around and fully condones the downloading of it, not sure about the BBC though.

And my other suggestions are:
The War You Don't See by John Pilger which I think is brilliant and shows how news is controlled by other interests.
and lastly
The Power of Nightmares by Adam Curtis. This is just amazing, it is my favourite documentary series. I try and get everyone I know to watch it (yeah I am one of those)

These are all worth watching even if you disagree with the ideolgy or conclusions (sorry if you already know about them)

Cheers

can anyone tell me what MSM stands for?
edit on 12-2-2011 by doubleplusungood because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by doubleplusungood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigerwoodsondxm
keep getting brainwashed you liberals . people on blackberries throw out there leader . and people are thrilled .. your all brainwashed

Yea,yea we get it. It's all the liberals. If we just left the planet everything would be better. If only we weren't born. If only we would just commit mass suicide.
Boring, I'm sure most of ATS agrees with you though for what it's worth.
edit on 12-2-2011 by antonia because: Darn cell phone

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

the employee, whose name was kept anonymous, told the liberal media watchdog group Media Matters.

Anonymous **** talking eh?

I'll just chalk this up to worthless liberal media warfare.
I bet the "former fox employee" is just one of their own reporters "making up stuff".

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

I think we'd find the same type of "journalism" from all of the MSM.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't think stuff is just made up by most news media, they just conveniently leave STUFF out.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes,it is well know that fox is run by republicans. That explains the reason they drilled obama so hard in his last interview and tried acting tough with him.

If a political class feels the need to go to such lengths to brainwash the masses,i will not take part in any viewing of their one sided reporting.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Playing Devils Advocate here, but what if this just yet, another attempt at MSM propaganda?

the employee, whose name was kept anonymous

Any time an anonymous person makes a claim, usually they are deemed unfit as evidence. I hardly accept anyone's statements about ANY source, when they wish to hide behind the very hand that feeds them.

Not buying this alleged " employee ".

I trust the source to vet its source. If someone doesn't want to reveal their identity for fear of news corp destroying their ability to find new employment, I don't blame them. You apparently have little to no understanding of the whistleblower's dilemma.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum
Now, if only we could get similar admissions from former employees at CNN and MSNB. They're likely just as guilty as Faux news, in terms of being propaganda agencies. If that happened, perhaps more people would wake up to the false paradigm we're being force fed.

Really? Keith Olbermann (or however you spell his name) donates money to the Democrats. He gets suspended. Fox News donates a MILLION dollars to Republicans. Nothing happens....

I think it's fair to say Fox is the champion of BS, hypocrisy, and propaganda.

Also, this isn't news. We don't need a former employee to tell us Fox makes up news. It's a media outlet committed to a particular fan base: Conservatives who hate Liberals. They have to deliver false stories to satisfy their viewers and get high ratings.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Ooooh...so an ANONYMOUS person told a LIBERAL media outlet this about Fox News?...

So this isn't propaganda from a LIBERAL media outlet?....

Why would the FORMER employee be anonymous if he/she DOENS'T WORK FOR FOX NEWS ANYMORE?....

Obviously this is made up...
edit on 12-2-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
"Shocking. Positively shocking", he said with his tongue firmly planted in cheek.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

First off, this is not a happy former Faux employee, flush with severance pay or retirement benefits. This is someone looking for a job on the other side of the fence.

Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN they all play at this. Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Be vewy qwyett!!! Here's da big secwet.....

There is only one side! There is only one party! The globalist party! All MSM work against us! They turn us against one another until hopefully we give in and let them have complete control!

Damn! Did I say that out loud?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

What he said!
Line two is "Trust no one."

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join