It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Fox News employee: "Stuff is just made up"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Regardless I only get my news from ATS, Witch is also highly questionable at times..
, But atleast hear we won't be thrown off the air for having our opinions.. sorry had to throw the plug in.

edit on 11-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I consider all sources when judging a supposed news site...
X-FILES TO GO GAY

January 10th, 2011
LOS ANGELES – David Duchovny wants to make a third X-Files movie and wants to take it in a new direction. The X-Files is going gay!

After making statements last year revealing that he would “go gay” for Woody Allen or any of the stars of Twilight, Duchovny has pitched his idea to X-Files director Chris Carter and co-star Gillian Anderson.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This has already been proven in a court of law. Don't even need anonymous sources repeating it.

Fox news admitted to manipulating facts and outright lying, but a judge deemed it ok after Fox claimed they don't present news, but "infotainment", and have no obligation to stick to reality.

You can't get any more damning than that.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm sorry I am baffled by your post, What does weekly world news ( a known hoax company) have to do with this?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am loving the people who are dismissing this because this "former employee" is staying anonymous.

Honestly...do you guys really need a former employee to tell you that Fox News just makes stuff up???

Are you guys still waiting for a former elf to come tell you that Santa doesn't really exist?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

I'm sorry I am baffled by your post, What does weekly world news ( a known hoax company) have to do with this?

Exactly my point.

All sources are suspect IMO.
Some view that garbage as legitimate while others see it for what it is.
It's a case of beliefs and perspective and who is flinging the BS.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Flatfish

It wouldnt matter if an Archangel sent by God descended on a beam of light and announced in a booming voice heard round the world that FOX news is a propaganda machine. People, the vast majority of all people, believe what they want to believe after a certain age. You program them with beliefs when they are young, and then you really dont have to worry about it. They will seek out information that reinforces the beliefs they already have, rather than information that may contradict it.

And when they DO come into contact with information that threatens their belief system, all sorts of things happen depending on their level of attachment to that belief system. But generally speaking, it is ignored, or even aggressively rejected.

This is pretty much the only truth I've seen in this thread. Most people are emotionally tied to their belief systems. It's a tyranny of the mind. It doesn't matter how wrong those beliefs are as long as they are maintained. If they are wrong then what is there in this world? People don't want the facts, they want their opinion parroted back to them. They want their egos stroked. This is why we will never get anywhere on this planet-Human nature is simply too busted to move forward.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I still trust 'Faux' News far more than I do the Commie News Network or the Main Stream News Bollocks Concoctors...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by TechVampyre

Exactly my point.

All sources are suspect IMO.
Some view that garbage as legitimate while others see it for what it is.
It's a case of beliefs and perspective and who is flinging the BS.

Thanks for clearing that up slayer, I see the point you were making now..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

It wouldnt matter if an Archangel sent by God descended on a beam of light and announced in a booming voice heard round the world that FOX news is a propaganda machine. People, the vast majority of all people, believe what they want to believe after a certain age. You program them with beliefs when they are young, and then you really dont have to worry about it. They will seek out information that reinforces the beliefs they already have, rather than information that may contradict it.

And when they DO come into contact with information that threatens their belief system, all sorts of things happen depending on their level of attachment to that belief system. But generally speaking, it is ignored, or even aggressively rejected.

I can't say that I disagree with your assessment, however, it does bring up the question: "Does Fox threaten YOUR belief system"? ALL news services are "Propaganda Machines", they only differ by the "message" they are trying to disseminate. As an example: Fox News tries to paint a picture of B H Obama as the "Anti-Christ", whereas CNN would have you believe he is the "Second Coming". The truth is; he's neither, he's just a man. I personally don't like the direction he's taking this country - maybe you do, but what makes this country great is the fact that I CAN disagree with you. There are some who would like nothing better than to see that right taken away, and some of the people that President Obama has appointed to top level positions are of that mindset.

edit on 11-2-2011 by mtncharlie because: Doubled text!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonnaLynn
I don't think you will find many shocked people on here. Now if only we could get someone from NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, and MSNBC to do the same. It will never happen but one could hope!

It's not like any of this matters anyway. They are ALL plants. What difference would it make if all of them came out and said that they are all newspeak agents? None at all.

I would love, personally, to see more outrage against the rest of the media. Why is Fox always being targeted. Isn't anyone concerned about the BS being spoon fed to the people by the other "media outlets"?

why is FOX targeted you ask?...because they have out and out lied and made stuff up that can quickly be verified as false. plants?...there are news reader shows and there are opinion shows, the amount of veracity and truthfulness lies in the presentations of facts to back up claims. crictical thinking applies, as it does in everyday decisions made by all of us.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Cia media group, ie the cnn do it just as much

Look at this and talk about fox. Yep fox are bad, but all these groups are as bad.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

One is no better then the other, Come on people were talking about the media here..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Former is key word. Why is he a former? Why did he not speak up while he was employed? Why not take all the proof while employed and run to CNN? And anonymous?
yeah, ok.

I rarely trust "former employees" who suddenly feel the urge to come forward and trash their previous employer. I really do not trust some anonymous person who makes such bold claims. Maybe this alledged anonymous former employee is a disgruntled CNN employee since FOX ratings are always higher.

My best guess would be the former employee
is Brit Hume. Plus the fact that Hume has a vendetta
against Murdoch.

Now to add insult to injury, Fox hired
Keith Olberman and paid him 3 times his
salary at MSNBC to compensate the loss
of Hume. Would that not be considered
motive ???

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

By extension, if there is no Santa would elves even exist, let alone one that would come forward and break the news that Santa does not exist?

Conundrum, I say.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What I find astonishing is that those that are ideologically drawn to the Fox defend the network like it was one of their children.

"Oh, my kid wouldn't do that"

Blinded by emotion and letting their ideology get in the way of their common sense.

Fox is a brilliant vehicle to sell geriatric products to a well researched demographic. Tell the geezers what they want to hear and they will keep coming back and we can rake in the ad dollars. ie...ratings

No different than MTV, CNN, Lifetime. Its business not information or news. Fox is an advertising platform.

I work for a small network as a consultant/contractor and the business plan/programming is not deviated from even one millimeter. It's carved in stone and the best way to get fired is to think independently and try and change the format; either as a producer, director, crew, office help or the PA that is sent out for pizza.

Schools out.......practice a little critical thinking for a change and shake loose form the conservative dogmatic mindset.

edit on 11-2-2011 by whaaa because: gh578sdfg

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
another side note here:

Media Matters (where this story came from)
is funded by George Soros' Grants.
Soros is left
Murdoch is right

just another line drawn in the sand
of the left-right paradigm.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

“Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.”

Ben Franklin.

I'm confused. Is this a "bash the media" thread or "bash the conservative media" thread?

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mtncharlie

A couple posts later I make it clear it isnt just FOX news that delivers crap disguised as news.

I consider all MSM to be essentially propaganda. FOX is the most outrageous, however, as I see it. It is geared to appeal to the emotions, and bypass thinking, so it doesnt need to be very clever. It needs to make you mad. They do the absolute least to conceal the fact that they are propagandizing. Many of the other networks do really try to appear as if they are presenting news. They accomplish their witchery with omission, distraction if they do show a brief glimpse of news that might be important, repetition of the interpretation they want you to have, etc.

And, as Chomsky said, they choose the most highly indoctrinated to spread indoctrinization. I am underwhelmed at the intelligence of the average reporter now days. They are chosen for visual impact, not their ability to really get the facts. Many of them dont even have to lie, they buy the line of propaganda themselves. No one makes a better sales person than someone who uses and loves your product.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I've taken a whack at all of them, some however appear to have a partisan agenda....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join