It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sled dog massacre and the meat on your plate.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
My wife is Vegan! I am not! I grew up on a farm eating meat!

We killed all of our own meat all the time. I still love eating meat. My favorite meat is lamb and chicken.

The sled dogs that where killed was tragic, yes. What it came down to was a money situation pure and simple. The owner did not kill the dogs, he had a worker do it. The worker tried to find homes for the dogs for months and even contacted the spca on two different occasions months apart asking for their help. The spca turned him down....(the worker) both times. The spca covered their tracks by saying that if they knew the animals where going to be killed in this fashion that they would have helped. the spca puts down thousands of animals every year needlessly because they don't have the money to keep them for long. if the spca helped this guy then most if not all of the animals would have been killed because they where UN-adoptable (their own words not mine) and no one would bat an eye.

whether or not an animal is put down with a shotgun or a needle the end result is death. (dead is dead) They don't feel anything after they are dead.

people always say the dogs died inhumanly......well guess what, all death is inhumane.

animals from the very beginning have been killed with knives and guns and blunt objects. Only recently has injections been the Humane way. have you ever wondered whats in that needle that killed the animal you eat? maybe that concoction makes it into the meat you eat? how does that effect you?

I personally would rather eat an animal put down with a bullet or blade. at least I know the meat is free from concoctions.

I really don't know why people need to spread their opinions on eating meat in a negative manner all the time. My wife doesn't with me and I've done the whole vegan thing for a week. I didn't like it and think the food is gross and or tasteless. And why is it that vegans and vegetarians always try to make food that looks like meat and tastes like meat. Tofurkey is gross. veggy burgers are gross, unless montanas makes them.

By the way, the guy who killed the dogs is living his own personal hell right now. He is having really bad problems with his mind right now! Just leave it alone.........He's paying for it emotionally right now and I don't think he needs more people making him out to be an evil guy.....he was just trapped and took a wrong turn in a decision.

I'll still eat meat till the day i die. And I'll eat your share too. thanks

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Well said. Succinct in spite of the verbage. Any rational mind would concur.

edit on 2/11/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

I've seen the man vs food and a lot of the other eating "Weird" stuff shows. I agree it is a slap to the starving and a mockery of life. No respect involved at all.

I tried raw for about a day, my wife refuses to support any effort towards that and I figured she would kill me quicker than a bad diet from refusing something cooked. Never marry a good cook who loves meat if you want to try to eat raw...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord...
Never marry a good cook who loves meat if you want to try to eat raw...

Cooks serve the menu, chefs prepare meals.

edit on 2/11/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

How do you know your butcher isn't sneaking stuff in when you're not looking?
ha ha

I think there is likely very little if any "other" in most ground meat but that doesn't stop me from speculating on it. I'm still eating it so I obviously don't think its all that bad. I just like it when people actually think. Most don't so I occasionally like to give a little prod.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
For all the people who feel sorry for the animals we eat; If you look at the techniques used to make photo's of aura's you will see that every animal, human and plant have aura's, stones don't have one. We can assume that all humans, animals and plants are living. I feel sorry for the neglected plants, that can't even put up a fight when slaughtered for human consumption.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

ha ha

I think there is likely very little if any "other" in most ground meat but that doesn't stop me from speculating on it. I'm still eating it so I obviously don't think its all that bad. I just like it when people actually think. Most don't so I occasionally like to give a little prod.

Like I said, I watch the butcher prepare / ground the meat for me. It's not that difficult to see some rat, mouse, squirrel or other thing weasel its way into the grinder.

I do not accept any pre-ground or pre-packaged, shrink wrapped meat. It has to be sliced, diced, ground and iced before my eyes. It must come from coherent cuts placed individually in the grinder before my eyes.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

ha ha

Like I said, I watch the butcher prepare / ground the meat for me. It's not that difficult to see some rat, mouse, squirrel or other thing weasel its way into the grinder.

I do not accept any pre-ground or pre-packaged, shrink wrapped meat. It has to be sliced, diced, ground and iced before my eyes. It must come from coherent cuts placed individually in the grinder before my eyes.

A side of beef is a lot larger than a rat so it's not that hard to see some little slice of something slipped in... if you're paying attention.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
If you look at the techniques used to make photo's of aura's you will see that every animal, human and plant have aura's, stones don't have one.

Well.

Then we have an obvious solution. We must all eat rocks.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

For all the people who feel sorry for the animals we eat; If you look at the techniques used to make photo's of aura's you will see that every animal, human and plant have aura's, stones don't have one. We can assume that all humans, animals and plants are living. I feel sorry for the neglected plants, that can't even put up a fight when slaughtered for human consumption.

Are you fighting for the rights of all those plants that animals eat...whether or not those animals are destined for human consumption or not?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny

If you look at the techniques used to make photo's of aura's you will see that every animal, human and plant have aura's, stones don't have one.

Well.

I think we are intended to eat living things, Ok recently living things.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I'm not fighting I enjoy eating.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny

Well.

I don't want to dine with you anymore... Rocks are not tasty.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Sounds right to me. I don't intend on chomping down on my keyboard any time soon.

Although, I had stone soup in Kindergarten. We read a book about it and the teacher made it. Anyways, the point is, I don't have a point.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I respect the people that choose the vegie/vegan route, but to the OP. How are you even linking the tragic killing of those sled dogs to humans eating meat? Trying to push an agenda much?

That's your choice to do so, but don't bash others because they don't follow your chosen lifestyle. As others pointed out. Plants have awareness also, just because they can't look at you doesn't mean their death is any different. Things die so others can live, that's the way mother nature made the world. When you watch nature shows do you bash the Lion pride for taking a baby Gazelle because it's easier for them to catch? I didn't think so.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I'm not fighting I enjoy eating.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I don't want to dine with you anymore... Rocks are not tasty.

Sigh. Sheesh, here we go again, Jingles. I told you we can not be besties. Ok? I like me some meat, television shows, and you now know I like to eat rocks. It's just not going to happen. I saw this thing on Oprah about the Rock Diet and I just have to try it out. Apparently when your stomach is trying to digest the rocks everything bangs around and has to work so hard that it makes you lose weight. Then when you go to the bathroom it really cleans out your an...uh...anyways, like I was saying, Jingles, we should just leave it. It's not me, it's you.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass...

/me is hungry and checks wristwatch.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I'm not fighting for any rights of plants, I enjoy eating them, the same as I enjoy a recently slaughtered chicken. I just think it is ignorant to make a difference between living creatures that we can relate to, I feel sorry for that cow, because I can see in her eyes she does not want to be murdered, and the living creatures we can't related to, how the H... should I know how it feels to be a carrot.

Both are living, both are killed to provide us food. I enjoy both.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

how the H... should I know how it feels to be a carrot.

I'll tell you how it feels. Terrible. There is a man running around thrift stores at this moment rummaging through bins of peoples' rubbish in hopes to build a prop that will surely bomb once he presents it on stage. You know how he feels about that? Terrible. Truly terrible.

Edit to add:

I have a plant in my room that I glued googly eyes to. I don't think I'd be able to eat it.
edit on 11-2-2011 by MeSoCorny because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join