It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sled dog massacre and the meat on your plate.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thank you very much OP for having the courage to begin this thread.

Leonardo DaVinci, who was undeniably a genius once said,

"The day will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men."

He was right, and we're getting there.

I have been a vegetarian for 35 years and from my perspective, the world is definitely a better place in this regard than it was 35 years ago.

Thank you again OP.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The clip is relevant even if it doesn't seem like it at first

edit on 12-2-2011 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaching

"The day will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men."

I have been a vegetarian for 35 years and from my perspective, the world is definitely a better place in this regard than it was 35 years ago.

Thank you again OP.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Thank you again OP.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't care what anyone says or think. Call me a blood-thirsty meat-eater if you want, but I'm eating my tasty meat. That's my choice. It's my life. I don't feel that it's wrong at all regardless of what you think and it's legal so I can do it and get away with it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Thank you again OP.

We as Humans, we have four canine teeth. Canine theeth are there for you to tear the meat apart and not to chew on veg..We have been carnivore for thousands of years and are top of the food chain.. If none of us were eating meat, you could kiss good bye to cows, turkeys and all of them as they would not have much purpose to be on this earth anymore

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Ever been in a slaughter house? And i don't mean watched the videos on PETAs website which are not at all representative of the industry as a whole. The animals are kept calm simply because if they are not then it gets dangerous for the workers. Very often animals being slaughtered are kept seperate from the waiting herd, the most common practice is that they walk into a small box and the ends are closed, a bolt to the head kills the animal, the door opens and the carcass removed, then the next cow walks in oblivious to what just happened.

Btw i don't eat very much meat and i think it's important that people start eating less of it so don't think i'm saying all of this as a rampant carnivore.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

The difference between a lion killing to feed and us is,we can just go into a store and buy something to eat,a lion can't.

And we don't need to eat meat to survive..people choose to.

So that leaves the question...should meat be banned?I just don't think it's sane to kill when we don't have to.

Maybe the human race is destined to become vegetarians.It just seems like the right thing to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Honestly, it sums up to this:

A Life is a Life.

You can either act or be a hypocrite when it comes to eating meat.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
apples and oranges in my opinion

they killed those animals in that manner cause they simply didn't want them anymore, it wasn't financially viable...which is disgusting (and so is the fact that your trying to lump people who eat meat with some scumbags)

people that hunt, eat meat do so to survive - nature isn't a happy and fun place, things die so others can survive.
edit on 12-2-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Honestly, it sums up to this:

A Life is a Life.

You can either act or be a hypocrite when it comes to eating meat.

A life is a life huh, so you are saying all animal lives are equal? So if i pulled out a gun and pointed it toward a child and a cat and gave you the choice which will be shot, are you honestly telling me that would be a difficult decision?

As for people saying meat eating isn't necessary, well vegetarians often have lower levels of creatine as there is no plant source for it. I would argue optimal health comes from eating mainly plants with small doses of meat. The problem with studies comparing meat and vegetarian diets is that they tend to compare heavy meat consumers with vegetarians instead of light meat eaters. For example the Japanese are light meat eaters and have longer, healthier lives than most westeners.

We should ban certain meats from being farmed as they are simply inefficient. Beef cows eat far to much grain to justify being farmed imo and generally meat consumption should be drastically reduced. While i'm a big supporter of freedom i would agree with a meat ration of some kind because people have been given the choice and are not doing their part. People cannot expect to have freedom of choice without taking responsibility for their actions anymore.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Another point I haven't seen brought up here yet and I'm curious how the vegetarians will respond:

They can now grow meat like plants just masses of reproducing animal cells being pumped nutrients... This isn't yet at the point where it is tasty but it is projected to delicious within 5 years. And give all the nutritional benefits of meat.

I know, I know we all say "Ewwww" but maybe we should say mmmm ewe?

Anyway once this really takes off it will likely replace the "Factory farms" and leave only the free range specialty meats being raised as actual animals.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

i can speak for the uk....there are strict guidlines in place here, and i ONLY eat british produce, aside from fruits etc that are imported but i dont think they have been massacred

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Oh the fruit slaughter is abominable! Imagine if you will a happy apple tree growing among it's family in a pleasant meadow, happily producing little babies on your branches as fruit trees are want to do, then from nowhere a man with a bucket in coveralls rips from your loving branches your babies! Rips them off and leaves only after making you watch as he takes a bite from one of them! The emotional distress is huge and the sadness barely bearable!

Just as you get over the sadness another man in coveralls comes and butchers all your high limbs that are reaching to the sun to keep you short! After enduring many seasons of this torment your pain finally ends when the final axeman comes and slowly hacks your trunk down and hauls you off only to replace you with the next young tree to endure this kind of misery...

Sorry I couldn't resist... I did try

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Excellent links. I am going to try to find some of the studies referenced in the study your first link cites from. I was not taught much of this in biology.
ds9.botanik.uni-bonn.de...

I share the viewpoint of the author of your 2nd link.
To put it briefly, an organism can respond to noxious stimuli without feeling pain. This is what I believe happens in the plant kingdom.
brianoconnor.typepad.com...

Point Being:

Just because we can't 'hear' them scream (which they do by the way)...

Plants don't scream. I think what you are referring to is the release of ethylene gas. Plants fart. The "scream" is produced through photoacoustic spectroscopy. A scientist will stress a plant, collect the gas, then fire a laser at it to produce sound waves. Then news articles and bloggers will misinterpret this to mean that plants scream. en.wikipedia.org...

The experimental device, built by researchers at Bonn's Institute of Applied Physics, excites ethylene molecules with an infrared laser. The laser beam is "chopped" or interrupted 2000 times per second. Each time the beam excites the ethylene molecules, they release their energy in the form of a tiny shock wave in the surrounding atmosphere.

These 2000-hertz vibrations are amplified with a resonance tube, similar to a small organ pipe, then detected with a sensitive microphone.
www.newscientist.com...

...does not mean we're not causing them pain/damage.

That plant (or animal) you're going to eat - is/was alive. You kill it? It dies. In that, even if you do not believe you're causing pain, you're causing death. Pain you can recover from, death, you cannot.

Which is why many vegans and vegetarians will talk about harm reduction. A veg diet reduces the overall harm brought upon living organisms.
edit on 12-2-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: giant quote box

edit on 12-2-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

stop ur breaking my heart

second

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join