It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Saudis Warned Obama Not to Humiliate' Mubarak

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by backinblack
The Saudi Royals are just another bunch of lying,hypocritical, blood sucking criminals...

Sure. Absolutely. They are even worse than that. But in this case, they have calmer heads. They understand what a power vacuum in Egypt would mean. They understand the need for an orderly transition and not some over night knee jerk reaction. They are preventing war with Israel by keeping the transition slow.

Obama doesn't get it. And that's why the Saudis have stepped up.

Translated that means they understand to keep control OUT of the people's hands and left with corrupt leaders..
I gotcha..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Why do you think that any one worse would come in to power?
If you let a several month cycle of change happen a new dictator will come in. Most likely it will be part of the military security apparatus. Just a different face with the same policies. I do not see the US and Israeli intelligence passively watching decades of investment lost. No matter how committed the protesters are at the end of the day they cannot win against US made tanks, and jets. If the protesters seize the initiative now maybe they can turn the average Egyptian conscript to their cause. Then they may have a chance at real political change. Instead of the Western manipulated cosmetic democracy where the people have a voice only so far as it agrees with Western economic imperial interests.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
P.S.Don't forget Saudi Arabia is rumored to have nukes. Courtesy of Bush and Cheney.

I don't see how that could work in their best interest? It would guarantee a response and the end of the flow of oil and money. If they do have Nukes that is and that is likely propaganda anyway. I don't think they are unaware that their whole country could be leveled within an hour of the first launch. The world is not naive about the capabilities of the US and we have a huge presence there in the Middle East.

Heck, I don't even know if the story this thread is based on is a fact or not?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I never put it together in a formal presentation and can't remember if anyone here did, but from everything I've gathered, seen, and read, this is a very likely possibility. It has to do with loose nukes and Cheney and an Asian country...perhaps Pakistan. This is going back a few years now. (Okay as I was typing, I looked, it was Pakistan...here's a start www.globalsecurity.org... ) It goes a lot deeper. I'll see what I more can dig up and will U2U you. Didn't mean to derail the topic...thought it was more commonly known. Sorry.

What it would "buy" them is additional leverage in "negotiations." Maybe an additional way to apply pressure. Kind of interesting to me is how both Israel and Saudi Arabia are playing tug-of-war with Mubarek, and both are unhappy with Obama. That's certainly a lot more to think about than most people can even fathom. We know things are never as they appear, particularly in the upper echelons.

By the way, since when has knowing you can be "leveled" prevented a country from acquiring or wanting nuclear weapons? They

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Another Member just sent me a link to an article at the "American Thinker Blog".

In the summer of 2006...the Muslim Brotherhood...escalated its nuclear goals and openly called for Egypt to develop nuclear weapons

Link to the article.

It refers to an article at "WMD Insights". LINK

In 2005, revival of the Egyptian nuclear power program had been a rallying cry for the Muslim Brotherhood. In its 2005 parliamentary election platform, for example, it had declared that under its leadership, Egypt would develop “special national programs, such as the nuclear program, the space and aviation program, armaments program, and the bio-technology program.” [1] The party, which currently holds roughly one fifth of the seats in the Egyptian National Assembly (the lower house of the Egyptian parliament), used the nuclear issue to challenge the current Egyptian government, which had shown little interest in nuclear energy, unlike a number of states in the region, including Iran and Turkey.

By May 17, 2006, Brotherhood deputies were openly attacking the Mubarak government for not pursuing an active nuclear program. Ikhwanonline, the official website of the Muslim Brotherhood, stated that Brotherhood “deputies accuse the government of abandoning the nuclear program and [being content with not] building atomic power plants for peaceful purposes and electricity production at the same time many other countries such as India advanced in this field.” [2] (India has not only developed nuclear power for electricity production, but used its peaceful nuclear program as a stepping stone to develop nuclear weapons.)

I'd not read this before and thought I'd post it here and thank "SweetLiberty" for the link. Interesting, and there seems to be a lot folks who are worried that the Muslim Brotherhood will take Egypt the direction of Iran.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'd be more inclined to think that the Saudi's allowed the US to secretly put Nukes in place in Saudi Arabia than that they gave them Nukes under Saudi control. Who knows though, nothing surprises me much these days.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Interestingly, this comes to a boil just as we are warned about the terror 'threat level.'

We could draw theoretical connections all over the place.

But one thing is certain...

We are clearly not intended to apply our sense of what is 'right' to this situation.

The 'elites' play games and the people play the price.

Now, he is - but somehow - is not, "in power." Tell me, in what manner are you president if all your powers are transferred to another? What 'defines' your status as president? You're whim?

The legal gamesmanship will replace the will of the people, and our country stands poised to 'accept' that because it's the 'rule of law' (which applies only when they agree it should.) The Saudi Royal Head of family seems to have interjected something into this scenario; and the reports are telling us that it was confrontational.

What if it wasn't? I wonder, What if this is another 'show' for "our" benefit?

I have become too cynical for my own good, I guess.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'd not read this before and thought I'd post it here and thank "SweetLiberty" for the link. Interesting, and there seems to be a lot folks who are worried that the Muslim Brotherhood will take Egypt the direction of Iran.

You mean they want Egypt to be more independant and able to use nukes as a deterent,,?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Kind of interesting to me is how both Israel and Saudi Arabia are playing tug-of-war with Mubarek, and both are unhappy with Obama.

Both of them are in the position Mubarak has been in with us. They are supporting western business interests even when that is not very popular with their people, (Saudis) or the other people in the region. (Israel) They are watching very closely how Obama handles Mubarak because they could be him someday. How Obama handles Mubarak is going to impact how much they trust the US government.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Perhaps. And then they conveniently kicked all our military out. And then there's the other rumor that Israel and/or Russia have nukes planted here now. Just little past speculations and theories stored at the back of the mind that bubble to the surface when world leaders begin to act illogically, out of character, or erratically

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yes. That's the obvious illusion. However, I'm thinking it goes much deeper than that. Not that I know exactly how to articulate this yet...working on it though.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Bad subject for me as I'm opposed to any country acquiring Nukes and I'm not foolish enough to trust Iran. My intent was not to turn the topic to Iran. I do find it interesting they worked to get Nukes in Egypt. Nukes in any hands in that area is insane.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Good point actually. After all that's what we here at ATS are here for is connecting the dots and seeing where they lead.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well it will be interesting to see what you come up with. One of the things that makes analysis of this situation so difficult is the sheer amount of propaganda and disinfo being pumped out. I keep having the feeling that some of the stuff Mubarak is claiming may be true. I would not be surprised if there is an actor on the stage playing a major role that we cant even see at all, but the other main characters are aware of.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Exactly! Even then, it will just be the theory that makes the most sense to me and to explain it to any level of detail as some here do is often beyond me. This entire situation with Egypt and Mubarak, particularly as it relates to this administration and its leanings, has thrown me a curve. Things are beginning to clarify slowly, but as of now all I know for certain is that neither Saudi Arabia nor the Likud party in Israel is very thrilled with this administration, and it shows time and time again. Recent events have obscured some things but revealed others. And of course this is all just on top of the usual maneuverings around Iran, which never stop.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Obama says what he says on TV, but one thing I suspect is that he really did have some belief in Democracy coming in. Maybe thats why they are pissed at him. Maybe he is threatening to screw up a long running game of "screw the middle eastern people of their resources" by pressing for some actual democracy.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Interestingly, this comes to a boil just as we are warned about the terror 'threat level.'

I must have missed something which I suppose is easy with all going on.
What terror "thread level" - how high, what country? US no longer has threat levels, right?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sharia bad, Sharia Bad, whoops one of America's biggest allies practices Sharia law. Oh wait the muslim brotherhood isn't controlling that government. They are thumbs up.
. They "have their head on straight" according to one poster in this tread. lol

Ah the power of the Media in the west.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Sharia bad, Sharia Bad, whoops one of America's biggest allies practices Sharia law. Oh wait the muslim brotherhood isn't controlling that government. They are thumbs up.

Mayabong, I'm not sure I understand you.
It seems logically permissible to say a government practicing Sharia is a bad thing, but it can be lived with since the Muslim Brotherhood isn't controlling the government.

For example, theft is a bad thing, but at least we don't have the Mafia in my town. (No, I'm not saying that MB is a criminal organization. I don't know.)

Could you try to restate your point?
edit on 10-2-2011 by charles1952 because: Addition to clarify

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I think this answers the question about a few things. Obama stands behind the people and the Saudi's stand behind Mubarak.

This is just starting folks. Start saving your pennies for Gasoline, we will need them.

I wonder if this threat will be backed up with threats to cut off oil? How badly do the Saudi's want to gain some control over Egypt?

This is scary stuff.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sorry but what?

Obama stands behind the people and the Saudi's stand behind Mubarak.

Obama doesn't behind the people dont kid yourself, the American government stands behind Mubarak aswell, who was it again that put Mubarak in power? America and the Saudi kingdoms governments.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join