It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Saudis Warned Obama Not to Humiliate' Mubarak

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Obama stands with the oil companies on this. But he has to pretend to care about Democracy and the people of Egypt.

The oil companies stand with whomever can keep the region stable enough to allow them to make off with the resources of the people of the region they dont give a # about democracy or the people of Egypt.

At the moment, the people who have the best chance of keeping the region stable is the Egyptian military. However, the people are too fired up to accept dictatorship, so somehow they need to come up with a person who will do what the military and the oil companies want, but can convince the people that he is representing them.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The Saudis already govern using Sharia.

Saudi Arabia employs one of the strictest interpretations of sharia.

Islam: Governing Under Sharia
www.cfr.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

The Saudis already govern using Sharia.

Saudi Arabia employs one of the strictest interpretations of sharia.

Islam: Governing Under Sharia
www.cfr.org...

Except for the Rulers who party long and hard...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Works that way in every government.

Look at the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

That's exactly the sense I got too all along. Neither Saudia Arabia nor Israel were very happy with Obama, even before or after the Egyptian incident, which only served to make things all the more tense. Very interesting times.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I just listened to Obama and he is clearly standing on the fence. I can't figure out where he stands in fact now.

He says he supports the young people who want Mubarak out and then says he will do anything he can to support an orderly transition. What does that mean? Nothing!

He likely should just keep his mouth shut if he can't take a side one way or the other. Perhaps saying nothing would be the best thing he can do.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The Saudis are ultra conservative Muslims. Their own country is a hot bed of people who would love, LOVE, to tear us limb from limb like the infidels we are. Saudi Arabia is where the real terrorists that attacked the US came from, if you will recall. If they turned their dogs loose on us, and whipped the rest of the religious right up in the region, we could not continue to hold Iraq and Afghanistan.

If it really is your job to know about that region, how you could for a second think the Saudis are expendable is beyond me. Why do you think we couldnt even allow people to focus on the fact the terrorists were Saudi? We need that relationship. Sure, they need us too, but you are crazy if you think we could afford to fight the Afghan war, the Iraq war, a new war with Saud, and who knows what other opportunistic (Iran) group may or may not jump in to get some.

Not to mention, our masters, the wealth that controls the oil companies, dont hire our politicians to screw up their profits. We would also be in deep crap with our elite overlords if we tried anything that stupid.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
WWIII;

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Tunisia, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Somalia, Jordan, Oman, Yeman;

The Pan-Arab world is America's next target.

As Revolution takes hold in these countries, and the Muslim Brotherhood takes power, we will see a "false-flag" operation by America in order to justify the invasion of the Middle East.

This is just the beginning, guys and gals.

link   

I'm pretty sure he hasn't spoken in reaction to Mubarak's speech yet. He spoke earlier today though before Mubarak's speech.

link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
so somehow they need to come up with a person who will do what the military and the oil companies want, but can convince the people that he is representing them.

Watching this today, I'm not sure that Obama has any meaning at all in this thing, which is perhaps how it should really be. His statement about supporting an orderly transition could well mean he supports Mubarak. I think he wants us confused about where he stands, so no matter what happens he can then redefine his words. Typical politics.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Sorry, a tape of that is what I'm referring too. They were showing it just before I posted that. I did not know when he said it. I would not be surprised or even upset if Obama just shut up and watched.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Exactly. I hear ya'. Like I said - Impotent.
(and I'm sure the Saudis are shaking their heads and rolling their eyes about him.)

The Saudis have taken the ball and are running with it. That's what happens when we put a community organizer in as POTUS and not someone with some serious international experience. Others in the world take charge, whether we want them to or not. In this case, I'm glad the Saudis are tempering the situation. Otherwise, Mubarek would be out immediately and the power vacuum would be filled with some nasty, nasty, people that would be very bad for the Egyptians and the world.

It's actually GOOD for the Egyptians that the dictator Mubarek isn't running at the first snap of the fingers by Obama. Mubarek be gone for sure, but it will be more orderly the way the Saudis are handling it.

(never thought I'd say .. thank goodness for the Saudi royals!!
)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

(never thought I'd say .. thank goodness for the Saudi royals!! )

And you woll never hear it from most people,,
The Saudi Royals are just another bunch of lying,hypocritical, blood sucking criminals...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You would surprised what we would be capable of in a real crisis. Only about 1/10th of our military is engaged in Afghanistan. Iraq has become primarily the responsibility of the Iraqi military.

Any major conflict in the Middle East would provide greater profits to the Energy Industry as prices skyrocketed.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
P.S.Don't forget Saudi Arabia is rumored to have nukes. Courtesy of Bush and Cheney.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
The Saudi Royals are just another bunch of lying,hypocritical, blood sucking criminals...

Sure. Absolutely. They are even worse than that. But in this case, they have calmer heads. They understand what a power vacuum in Egypt would mean. They understand the need for an orderly transition and not some over night knee jerk reaction. They are preventing war with Israel by keeping the transition slow.

Obama doesn't get it. And that's why the Saudis have stepped up.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
"A speech from Father to his Children" is the scariest part of Mubarak's speech to me. It tells me Egypt is dealing with a genuine Megalomaniac as are all Dictators I suppose. He is probably incapable of discerning what is going on based on reality and those around him are probably telling him what he want's to hear out of fear.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Obama said what you put in your post...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Where does the idea come from that a war with Israel will result if not for oppressive tyrants?

The moderates who want Mubarak out are not anti Israel.

I have seen no indication that any of the "Jasmine Revolutionaries" want war with Israel.
I have only seen that they want liberty and peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
What if the Saudi's choose to no longer allow us to use their airspace and throw us out of Saudi Arabia. Lots of ways the Saudi's can harm us in support of Mubarak.

Oh no what if they huff and puff and try to blow our house made of straw down????

I is scared, very scared.

I sure hope that Barrack fellow isn't scared too.

Laugh out loud, Obama behind the people? You are kidding right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join