It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Saudis Warned Obama Not to Humiliate' Mubarak

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Report: Saudis Warned Obama Not to Humiliate' Mubarak

www.foxnews.com

Saudi Arabia has threatened to prop up embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak if the Obama administration tries to force a swift change of regime in Egypt, The Times of London reported Thursday.

In a testy personal telephone call on Jan. 29, Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah reportedly told President Obama not to humiliate Mubarak and warned that he would step in to bankroll Egypt

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

edit on 2/10/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think this answers the question about a few things. Obama stands behind the people and the Saudi's stand behind Mubarak.

This is just starting folks. Start saving your pennies for Gasoline, we will need them.

I wonder if this threat will be backed up with threats to cut off oil? How badly do the Saudi's want to gain some control over Egypt?

This is scary stuff.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What if the Saudi's choose to no longer allow us to use their airspace and throw us out of Saudi Arabia. Lots of ways the Saudi's can harm us in support of Mubarak.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

yeah this and the rumour that the arab king is dead after a heated phone conversation with obama , perhaps its true because mubarak and this vice president are sounding pissed off in their speeches like they know he's dead and are blaming obama!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stu030273

yeah this and the rumour that the arab king is dead after a heated phone conversation with obama , perhaps its true because mubarak and this vice president are sounding pissed off in their speeches like they know he's dead and are blaming obama!

Where did that come from? You have a link?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

We don't need the Saudis. They are running out of oil. We import most of our oil from Canada and South America.
We don't need their bases. We have bases in Iraq and the other Gulf States.

Their time is running out.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

That makes sense. Still though, I think our relationships in the Middle East are all important, even if oil were not an issue.

I actually understand why the Saudi's would back Mubarak as Egypt has been important to keeping the area from exploding in violence. Intellectually Mubarak makes sense, but in this topic my heart does not agree with my head. Mubarak has to go. What the Egyptians themselves want must be first and foremost.

I don't envy Obama the task of walking this tightrope at all. I'm no Obama supporter, but I can empathize with what must be going through his head with his options. If ever a President needed a way to see the future, this would be a good time.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
We have bases in Iraq and the other Gulf States.

Hahahahaha! That was a good laugh. You really buy all that crap about our military prowress dont you?

We would be dead in no time flat in Afghanistan and Iraq without the support of the Saudi's and our other allies in the region. Sure, Israel would get in a few good death kicks with its nukes, but it would be all over fast. We cannot hold that region without them. We can barely gain a foothold with them.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I think this answers the question about a few things. Obama stands behind the people and the Saudi's stand behind Mubarak.

This was not Obamas initial view when this first started, he has done some back peddling in the recent days. So I am not sure what he says matches what he does.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stu030273

what rumor is that? got a source?

did Obama get him with a "men who stare at goats" phone beam/wave? digital death stare? cause his heart to stop by chanting...wtf..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I don't think anyone is sure where Obama stands on this. I know I'm confused.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Obama stands behind the people and the Saudi's stand behind Mubarak..

Actually, Obama stands next to the Muslim Brotherhood and the Saudis stand next to stability.

Obama has had unnecessary meetings with the Muslim Brotherhood and his administration-shills
have been out in full force trying to tell everyone the Muslim Brotherhood is moderate, even though
the Muslim Brotherhood proudly admit they want Sharia law in Egypt. And the Saudis know that the
Muslim Brotherhood has already called for full out war with Israel and for Sharia Law, and the Saudis
want no part of any of that.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Skewed

I don't think anyone is sure where Obama stands on this. I know I'm confused.

And everyone in Obama's admin seems to have a different stance..
Not a very unified party..
Look at what Biden or Clinton say..
All different views, very bad politics IMO..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Above is the thread about the king's rumored death. It is highly unclear though whether he is dead or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

saw a thread on here earlier that said,only rumour though that he died after a heated phone discussion with obama, he had heart probs, mubarak's very shaky speech tonight was delayed by a very long time! if there is any truth in it i don't think they would tell anyone straight away!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You can bet that last dollar that whatever is going on in Egypt has nothing to do with Obama, he is just another tool. Wake up. Smoke and Mirrors are the order of the day, let us not in our haste forget about Israel.

Smoke and Mirrors

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

thank you i'm knew here so have to learn to put up links to threads thanks again

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Its not a belief. Its knowledge, comes with the job.

Please explain to me how the Saudis and Egypt help keep us alive?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The biggest part of this story ... the Saudis are controlling this situation. Obama is completely impotent in this. He has called for Mubarek to leave 'now' ... and Mubarek ignored him. If Mubarek walked out like Obama wanted, the power vacume would be filled by The Muslim Brotherhood. The Saudis understand this and they don't want the Muslim Brotherhood in power any more than the rest of us (except Obama .. with his 'now' demand it sure looks like that's what he wants).

The Saudis are the ones calling the shots. They are the ones, not Obama.
It's plain for the world to see.
Obama looks pityful in all this and the Saudis look like they know what they are doing.
(and they do).

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

sorry someones put a link to the thread i'm new and still learning

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join