It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Device destroys cancer in fifteen minutes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
will rightfully and cynically toss this on top of the other cures for cancer that will never see the light of day.

I used to read such things with great hope, now, I simply get angry knowing it won't come out for the people.

This technology is sunbathing, and has been for a looooong time. It should be treating it's own skin cancer, it's been in the light of day for so long.

This is just pinpointed radiation, radiation has been used for a long time, and this technology, Gamma knife radiosurgery was created in and has been used since 1967...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Pretty cool but I think the real breakthrough will come in nanotech, they are already working on it, tiny robots that can identify and destroy cancer cells.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Pretty cool but I think the real breakthrough will come in nanotech, they are already working on it, tiny robots that can identify and destroy cancer cells.

yes nanotech is exciting also ......,

maybe little nano's armed with this machines tech at nano size! , they could swoop in stop the blood , zap the tumor and self destruct ...

Or we could even have constant imjections of nano's that keep us healthy , no disease happens as nano's hit it straight away , we could live forever.......

i heard someone say once . all the technology we need to do EVERYTHING , already exists .... its making it small enough and powering the bloody thing thats the problem ....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I don't know, trying to destroy tumors by emitting radiation beams? Doesn't radiation cause tumors? I can't say I wouldn't consider this if I had cancer, because I know when you're sick you're willing to try anything, but in a healthy state of mind I would have some serious doubts about this. I'd first try some natural remedies, I'd be much more likely to try some exotic plant from Ecuador before I let anyone zap me with radiation beams.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by SaturnFX
will rightfully and cynically toss this on top of the other cures for cancer that will never see the light of day.

I used to read such things with great hope, now, I simply get angry knowing it won't come out for the people.

This technology is sunbathing, and has been for a looooong time. It should be treating it's own skin cancer, it's been in the light of day for so long.

This is just pinpointed radiation, radiation has been used for a long time, and this technology, Gamma knife radiosurgery was created in and has been used since 1967...

your contribution to my thread are cool , but i would just like to say .. i know this tech exists in some form or another..

the post is titled 'Device destroys cancer in 15 mins'

not 'New technique discovered to destroy cancer in 15 minutes'

I get a slight vibe that u are annoyed with me for maybe implying its an amazing new tech.... its an amazing new Machine.....

Just thought i would point that out ... and yes i am fed up of typing that this is already out there to a minority of posters on the thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
I don't know, trying to destroy tumors by emitting radiation beams? Doesn't radiation cause tumors? I can't say I wouldn't consider this if I had cancer, because I know when you're sick you're willing to try anything, but in a healthy state of mind I would have some serious doubts about this. I'd first try some natural remedies, I'd be much more likely to try some exotic plant from Ecuador before I let anyone zap me with radiation beams.

It shoots lots of individual beams that are HARMLESS unless all focused together on one spot ....

the trick is to make 'that' Spot .. always the Tumor...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Long term exposure to small amounts of radiation is usually what causes tumors, not enough to kill the cells, but enough to alter their DNA over time. Radiosurgery kills the cells in the tumor dead, but spares surrounding tissues which do not receive the radiation. Long term studies of gamma knife (used since the 60's), shows no increased chance of tumors from the radiation over the normal population.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Not meaning to come across as annoyed, but people should read through the thread a bit before posting. That said, I never commented about your title, although it is a bit off, the treatments take longer than 15 minutes, and they destroy specific tumor cells, not cancer in general, but who's counting.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here's some info about actual new nano technology, although it is still in development, but has been used on rats so far, not sure if they started human trials yet, since they ran into the roadblock of not being able to heat them up deep enough...

www.nano-shells.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mal1970

Cure the symptom, but not the disease. Typical western medicine approach.
We are the best in the world at injury (trauma) medicine, but we still don't know jack about illness...

Eastern medicine doesn't have any better approach to curing cancer once somebody has it. The only advantage they have is dietary. People's diets in the west, with processed garbage, dairy, wheat, etc. creates an inflammatory, acidic environment in the body and lowered immunity that allows cancer cells to get a foot hold. The eastern diet is not as modernized and doesn't contain as many inflammatory things, and more suited to our genetic needs.

I don't recall mentioning eastern medicine, but I will mention that at least it tends to take a holistic approach.

Also, the title of the thread is misleading. They are not destroying cancer, just a tumor, just a symptom of the disease, not the disease itself. So, in short, this gadget does very little for the patient. It *may* allow the patient to live a bit longer than standard radiation or chemo as it appears to not poison the patient as much as the latter, but it does nothing to address the cause of the disease. Just another band-aid for a shotgun wound.

That's all i'm trying to say.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm pretty amazed that the thread can go on for pages before anyone pointing out the obvious inaccuracies that were in the earlier posts. I had just assumed cancer was such a big topic that most people in the general population had a pretty good idea of what cancer was about and what treatment usually involved. It's blowing my brain that it was pages of posts before anyone pointed out:

* this is not a cancer cure - no one claimed it was - it is used for killing tumours

* this is not a new idea, we've been using radiation to shrink and kill tumours for many years

* this isn't a "discovery" that is 10 or 20 years away from use, it's an actual machine that doctors can use to treat tumours without invasive surgery - this is desirable if the tumours are inaccessible through conventional means

The difficulty with cancer is it is not one disease, but an enormous host of diseases, and cancer usually goes through stages. Well defined tumours that have not metastised are trivial to treat if they are accessible. Simply remove them. The problem is if they are not accessible it may be impossible to remove them completely or effectively before they can spread.

When a cancer metastises, it is much harder to treat. It depends on how it has spread and to where (there are usually multiple stages to cancer). Involvement of the lymph nodes for example, is bad.

So often it is necessary to treat with chemo (chemicals) or large doses of radiation through the affected region. Unfortunately, about the only ways we know to kill cancer are to nearly kill the person and hope the cancer dies first. Both radiation and chemo have a hope of accomplishing this. The chemicals are basically poisons, but they have the property that they are more likely to kill a cancer cell than a normal cell.

The nice thing about this machine is it images the tumour in real time and makes a 3D map of the shape of the tumour. It then uses some tricky mathematics to figure out what beams to turn on where to get a focused burst of radiation that really targets the tumour without doing much damage to surrounding tissue. It can also deal with tumours that are moving, e.g. when the person breathes. Unlike less targeted forms of zapping tumours, this one gives options in more cases than would otherwise exist. It's especially useful for inaccessible tumours, e.g. in the spine, brain or near other critical organs.

But just to repeat, it is for zapping tumours with radiation in the hope of killing or at least shrinking them. It is not a cancer cure. "Cancer cure" is a bit of an oxymoron. It's like saying I have a disease cure. Cancer is not one disease but many. The likelihood of curing them all with a single treatment is pretty low.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Not meaning to come across as annoyed, but people should read through the thread a bit before posting. That said, I never commented about your title, although it is a bit off, the treatments take longer than 15 minutes, and they destroy specific tumor cells, not cancer in general, but who's counting.

The title is quite possibly off.

I don't know , you seem more knowledgeab;le on the process..

But ATS rules state must be the title of the news article ... i suppose it is to try and stop the masses from posting sensational titles to articles ... the problem is MSM is good at that already.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Star for you sir .. thanx .. for cobbling together the points many have made over and over to those with .. interesting questions.

i am sure 90% of the time it is because people are eager to get that idea onto the screen before it turns cold , i just wish they would read and watch the stuff first

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Rife's machines operated using modified X-Ray tubes.
The tubes produced X-Ray waves that bombarded the entire body. They did not have to be specifically targeted.
He could adjust the frequency of the waves to harmonics that would breakdown the cellular walls of the tumor cells. His treatment was based on the theory that cancer is actually a virial infection and thus alien to the body. The waveforms that breakdown its cellular structure are harmless to the human body.
He was destroyed by the California Medical association and the US patent agency. His machines were taken and destroyed.
There are many who sell so called "Rife machines" online and in catalogs but I doubt there effectiveness as far as I know all of the information about the machines was taken by the government when Rifes lab was raided.
Rife was not a medical doctor he was an Engineer and Physicist. He began his work on microscopes and produced a microscope that could observe at extreamly high levels of magnification organism that were still alive. That was impossible at the time. During the course of this work he discovered the virial nature of cancer and the ability to breakdown the cellular walls of viruses in general. Because he was not a doctor he was discreditied and prosecuted for practicing medicine without a license.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mal1970
I don't recall mentioning eastern medicine, but I will mention that at least it tends to take a holistic approach.

It seemed to me by pointing out western medicine, you thought eastern medicine was more effective. I guess I ASSumed, lol.

It *may* allow the patient to live a bit longer than standard radiation or chemo as it appears to not poison the patient as much as the latter, but it does nothing to address the cause of the disease. Just another band-aid for a shotgun wound.

That's all i'm trying to say.

Well, it really depends on the type of cancer as well. Also, for benign tumors, this treatment does cure them. I underwent this treatment for a benign cranial nerve tumor, as opposed to invasive brain surgery which could have resulted in all kinds of complications, as well as downtime from brain surgery. I was able to walk to the hospital from work (right next door, conveniently), for 45 minutes a day treatment, for 3 days. I did get a pretty wicked headache after the first one, and a couple weeks or so later i looked like a leopard with little bald spots on one side of my head, but in a few months it all grew back, and other than that there were no side effects. So, for benign tumors (which are still bad when inside your skull), this is a cure.
edit on 11-2-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Another great invention we will never hear again of. Sad but true.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Band-aid on a shotgun wound sums it up well. I remember reading a few years ago about a guy who managed to create something that allowed cancer to be zapped or whatever without harming anything around it, and he did this in his garage or something. I think he used radio waves or something like that, something frequency related. But as for people wondering about why these things never seem to make it out into the mainstream, here is a page on Educate-Yourself.org called Forbidden Cures, it talks about who has forbidden them and a wide range of different proven cures. Then of course we can't forget about Wilhelm Reich as someone pointed out early on, which also spawned the Zapper and the various Orgone Generators, not to mention his work being used by Black Budget programs, darn jail time and heart attack right before parole. Then of course, there is the hash oil extracted with butane which if you eat (or use topically), not even enough to get intoxicated, you can cure cancer which is beyond treatment. Rick Simpson is the biggest advocate and you can see his site at PhoenixTears.ca. Then there is IgnoranceIsn'tBliss' thread: Cancer is DEAD: Cancer cures A to Z. Then of course there's always the good 'ol force of thought energy, especially in large numbers.
edit on 11-2-2011 by SincerelySarcastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
As cancer is not a transferable disease, it is the magnallant growth and malfunction of the human body if you get to kill off the tumor with focused radiation and radiation possibly caused it in the first place, how do you stop the rest of the healthy cell from turning magnallant and stopping an healthy person from regressing into a cancerous state?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by YodleAjax

The dose of radiation is very high, but completely focused on only the tumor cells. It scrambles them so they can't replicate, and when a cell cant replicate, it just dies. Healthy cells are not exposed to the radiation, so there's no reason to worry about those healthy cells turning malignant from the radiation since they're not exposed to it. Radiosurgery is not like the radiation that may have caused the tumor to begin with. The word radiation is pretty freaky, but we're exposed to lots of different forms of it everyday. It's a part of our lives, our sun and other stars give it off in huge amounts, and we're made of material from exploded stars, so when you think about it like that, it's not so scary. As with anything though, too much of it is bad.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Royal Raymond Rife discovered the cure for cancer in the 1930`s using resonance ,UCLA sent him 20 terminally ill cancer patients and he cured them all

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join