It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Device destroys cancer in fifteen minutes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Device destroys cancer in fifteen minutes

www.newscientist.com

A super-accurate radiotherapy device that can target tumours deep inside the body is now bringing new hope to UK cancer patients.

Radiosurgery is a non-invasive cancer treatment in which targeted radiation beams are used to destroy or shrink tumours. But the Novalis Tx device tailors these beams to match the exact shape, size and position of a tumour in the body. This means that a more intense beam can be used without causing damage to surrounding tissue. The device can also manoeuver the beams to reach tumours deep inside the body, such as in the spinal cord, which were previously inaccess
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Click link for video at new scientist...

The ability to target tumours and zap them from the outside. awesome

non invasive and able to reach tumours in the brain and spine that normal surgery cannot get too without major damage or death.

now hurry up and invent the prevention so this device can be made obsolete..

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10/2/11 by Quantum_Squirrel because: spacing

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I wonder how long till the us government discredits this...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Nice. im sure a few of us are familiar with William riech and his incredible research. im sure this works off of what he has done.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Great find! *S&F*

It is very interesting to see the advancement of technology in the health care field. Last I heard how tumors were being targeted was through nano-science. But if this prove to be more effective and hopefully less expensive for those who do receive the treatment, then, this can lead to 3 outcomes:

1) Investors buying shares in the company will make a delicious return on investment (ROI)
2) The company which developed the technology will make profits in long run
3) Many people will potentially be cured of cancer through this treatment...unless the tumor comes back and these patients will need to be retreated(because the treatment is still RADIATION treatment - new cancers can form)....and the cycle continues (please read 1-3 again to see the process)

I look forward to any future updates on this new treatment

edit on 10-2-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comment

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is amazing news - now if we can just keep TPTB out of it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is actually very exciting. I don't know the details, and the article doesn't really say very much, but overall this looks to be promising. I would have to think that something like this will only be developing into even more beneficial ways to cure cancer.
Now here's a question. It states that they will be able to target tumors which were previously inaccessible such as in the Spinal column. Would 'zapping' this tumor in the spinal column do anything to contaminate the Spinal fluid?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Why would the Government do that??

This machine would save them millions if not billions in health care .. surgery times .. waiting lists etc ....

I wouldn't worry about Big Pharma either .... there will always be something new to cure and make tons of cash from.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

i believe the machine accurately Maps out the tumour and only fires when your body is in the exact position it needs to be in so i think with the right software cross contamination is unlikely..

i suppose the only downfall whatever the cancer is on will be damaged from the cancer and destryoyed .. so if its a vital part of your brain ..... probably wont help

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sorry, Its not because I wanna bash you, but I hear this every week!
This is the SECOND article I hear they maybe have found a cure!
I'm tired! I hear this so often now, that it sickens me..

It may be because my grandmother and my mothers sister is dead from cancer. And I'm afraid my mother or I will get cancer. So cancer sure have affected my life, its sad. And its sad for everyone else affected no doubt about that.

I'm sorry, It is not because I want to say anything bad about this thread, and I find it fantastic if they find a cure! Therefore I will still flag it, but I hope you understand my point of view, as I have seen so much cures now.

Oh and btw, The other cure I heard about today, was from salamander eggs. I will see if I can find it if interested.
edit on 2/10/2011 by ypperst because: Some few more words

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Excellent thread. Starred and flagged. To be able to treat tumors in areas untreatable, the brain, liver cancer, internal organ cancer, this is really a breakthrough.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
Sorry, Its not because I wanna bash you, but I hear this every week!
This is the SECOND article I hear they maybe have found a cure!
I'm tired! I hear this so often now, that it sickens me..

It may be because my grandmother and my mothers sister is dead from cancer. And I'm afraid my mother or I will get cancer.

I'm sorry, It is not because I want to say anything bad about this thread, and I find it fantastic if they find a cure! Therefore I will still flag it, but I hope you understand my point of view, as I have seen so much cures now.

Oh and btw, The other cure I heard about today, was from salamander eggs. I will see if I can find it if interested.

m8 you did read the article right??

This machine IS currently being used in the U.K it was unvieled a week ago ...

This is not a pic a flower , crush it , jump up and down on the spot and you wil lbe cured ..

This is a machine, built , tested ,, and so far proven.....

The long term benefits would be more my worry,

will the tumour grow back?
If it did could these machines keep people alive for a long time by Controlling tumours?
Or at least extend current life expectancies?.

Most of my fammily have died of cancer , and odds are so will i , i know how you feel .. but any step forward (no matter how small you percieve that to be) .... is a step in the right direction ... right?.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

I'm so sorry mate. There was not a video when I checked the article first time.

I did read the article (but you know, its just words), but now I have seen the video, and its fantastic!
Sorry I jumped on the wagon, but I just hear this way too often. But this time its much better

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
this is very exciting news! though i still feel our society needs to focus on healthier habits to prevent cancer and lower the diagnosis rates.
S+F!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Since TPTB caused this incredible increase in all types of Cancers.

I'm sure they would be delighted to sell us the cure...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I suppose thats the great thing about the U..K ( yeah i know the system has drawbacks , no NHS debates please lol)

This will be free here

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Cyberknife

They have been advertising this heavily in my area. Their brand of Radiotherapy is called the "Cyberknife." I remember a few years ago when the GammaKnife was very popular.

The science makes perfect sense. They can put hundreds of small radiation beams through your body and they are harmless on their own, but they are all focused on one point, and at that focal point there is intense radiation. It is equivalent to laser surgery, but without breaking the skin.

I think the hardest part is mapping the tumors accurately enough. Aiming the Cyber/Gamma knife is easy, but knowing which spot to aim at is pretty hard.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Its the "15 minute" thing that gets me...does everything have to be done in 30-minutes-or-less in order to be good enough for the masses?

It might just be a fringe opinion...I don't feel better because it is a super-fast Cure All Cancer Machine
If it was a super-slow OCD Cancer Machine I'd probably feel better about it.

Maybe we could use HAARP to shrink tumors while we sit at our computer chairs....

Wow, ^^maybe there's a good thread there^^

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The system uses X-ray images of a tumour to monitor its position, and can even adapt when growths - such as those in the lungs - move as the patient breathes. It responds by only zapping the tumour when it returns to its original position after each breath

If the mapping is accurate enough and the software capable of handling changes during the procedure and react instantly .. i think they may have cracked it...

I hope the xray images are as high rez as poss ... when doing this in the brain or spinal cord i think thier would be no tolerance for error without major consequences

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandy
Its the "15 minute" thing that gets me...does everything have to be done in 30-minutes-or-less in order to be good enough for the masses?

It might just be a fringe opinion...I don't feel better because it is a super-fast Cure All Cancer Machine
If it was a super-slow OCD Cancer Machine I'd probably feel better about it.

Maybe we could use HAARP to shrink tumors while we sit at our computer chairs....

Wow, ^^maybe there's a good thread there^^

Lol you have a point ....

i wonder what energy is required to operate it , from this point alone the quicker the better.

We could try the harp thing but i would be afraid of tornados in my living room.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join