It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does it seem more men are interested in conspiracies than women?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
OK. I'm going into this blind. I skimmed the posts. I think there are more women than men that are members of ATS. I'm not kidding, I see alot on here, either I have a sneaking suspicion that they are female or I have actually conversed with them on threads that men seam to steer clear of. OP you are disillusioned, there are more chicks on here than you think! For the men that made all those haha so funny comments about how we are ironing and doing dishes etc.... how long do you think it takes? Do you think it takes us all day and night to do a few chores? We read books, we learn, we think, we multi task, we are opinionated, we aquire skills, we so totally have you all wrapped around the proverbial finger......you guys are so narrow minded! Here here to all the chicas on ATS! We've all been outed.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by markusjOHNSON
i think women are naturally incline to nurture. Men are tuned into identifying threats. some kind of primal thing. i thought about this before

That's a good theory. Star.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm quite happy to let it be known that I'm a woman, but I think for most of us it's a non-issue, because we can all still have good conversations and debates. I just don't like being called sir, dude or he as a rule though, so I emit my gender status.

I can safely say that I'm far more interested in conspiracy theories than any of the men I know though.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
When I TRY to talk to any of my female friends about this website, or aliens, or any other conspiracy for that matter... maybe 30% will be very interested and come take a peek. 29% of the 30% will get scared and never look again.

The other 70% live in a BUBBLE and just refuse to believe anything that isn't a proven fact. Which means if it's not some sort of published piece of literature, on the news or something they can purchase from a store it's not real. Other common traits with these women are no sense of humor, a stick up their bum (if you know what I mean) and a lack of deviation from their day-to-day routine. And the most common trait is they're NOT open-minded.

To be fair, I know a lot of men with the above description too. Usually jocks.

Many women are too afraid of what people might think if they talk about topics like this. It's not "lady-like" and therefore they stay away. They don't want to be seen as crazy.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

My sister lives somewhere around there (Westchester? Maybe?) and we keep threatening to make a visit but it just hasn't happened yet. Someday

I don't know anyone around here that is into it. I bring up topics and eyes glaze over, subjects get changed and people's ADHD starts acting up. I guess no one is interested in thinking outside of the box or entertaining the idea of cover-ups and the like. I exchange fb mail with one friend from back home, other than that, its strictly ATS to fulfill my conspiracy theory discussion requirements.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wow! A good many women "outed" themselves on this thread. Great!
But I have to ask, though. Why do so many females adopt "femme fatale"-looking Avatars if they're so adamant that they are "on a par" with the dudes? Nobody knows who you are, so why the need to still be "attractive" according to the stereotypical cultural "feminine ideal"?
It is a puzzlement...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

Well in my case, my avatar is an actual photo of me. I just cropped out my face to remain anonymous. I really don't feel I need to blend in with the men.

Does knowing whether I am a girl by looking at my avatar make my opinion more or less relevant? I don't think so. Does an alien, ghost, political or other themed avatar make someone else more "mysterious and serious"?. Or manly? Or intelligent? I would also say no.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Mellow things out and keep us in check? Are you delusional?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
women were created for only 3 reasons. I'm sure you all know what those three reasons are. I rest my case.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I've come to believe that there are more women than men who are intuitively aware of the existence of a global conspiracy, but are more likely to believe that "the conspiracy" is beneficial to them as long as they conform and cooperate with the powers that be. This comes back to beliefs about females intimate connection to the serpent gods of ancient lore. In the bible remember, it was eve who first ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, before Adam, and so it is today that women are more likely to be aware of these higher truths than Men. However, women are more easily seduced into siding with the conspirators or choosing not to stand up for the rights of others in exchange for protection and benefits (i.e. Material Wealth, Social Status, Pleasures given by the Devil, etc). Therefore, sites such as these have little benefit to the women who have given themselves up to the Satanic Elite, either directly or indirectly.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

From what I have seen here on ats, there are actually an abundant amount of females. And also, probably much more than what I can see.
Lots of the profiles here give no indication of being male or female, so I would guess there are much more than the 100 to 1 ratio that you have guessed on.

I gotta say, some of the comments on this thread really made me cringe, SO sexist, even if they were said in jest!

edit on 11-2-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Haudi

Its definately your perception/s or lack of.... People always assume me to be a guy on any of the forums I visit. I always thought my nick was a giveaway to be female but clearly not...

Im sure this is a non issue and there are just as many chicks as guys out there researching and what not.

But I want to point out to all the cheeky men who had all the expected lame responses that being women we have a propensity to multitask much easier than men, so that means we can gossip, go shopping, clean, cook and research on ATS all at the same time

Now you should be jealous...

Have the best day

themuse

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

That sounds to me like an assumption that women dress up for men..................NO NO NO

Women dress for themselves OR other women

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Women know your Limits

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
the only one i'm wondering about, to be honest, is lucidity.
male or female?

I could tell you, but then...

what fun would that be?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Everyone on here always thinks I'm a guy.

I don't understand why.

Maybe it's the facial hair?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by rubbertramp
the only one i'm wondering about, to be honest, is lucidity.
male or female?

I could tell you, but then...

what fun would that be?

AHH You've become one of my favorite reads here of late Lucidity
Again you show me why!! You have a great attitude and mint sense of humor.

Cheers
themuse

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
Hate to break up the chest pounding

I think the op is incorrect, I am a woman and I love conspiracies, and so do many of the woman I know.

I have run into many women on ats, I won't pretend to know an exact ratio but based on my experience on ats I would say 60% male 40% female.

That's the beauty of the online board, unless the topic warrants it gender doesn't typically come up and you can argue with a mind instead of a specific person or gender.

Your so right. I have many female friends that love a good conspiracy. My partner is only into some conspiracy theory's. His moto is "Ive got to see it to believe it"

And yes here on ATS i have come across many women and most of them know there stuff!!

Like i said before, women can multi task! If i ask my partner to do something followed by another task he will get confused and need to ask me what it was he was meant to be doing

And as for the masons and other secret societies being just men. Whats to say that there isn't an all women secret society....you just don't know because we are better at keeping secrets

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by archasama

U said the word!
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
There is very little Conspiracy involved in gossip and shopping so they dont give a toss

oh there is so much you don't know! There are lots of conspiracies involved with shopping and gossip but you have to be female to be privy to that information

OP I think there are just as many men as there are women interested in the topic. I work with all women and men are the clients and there are just as many women I talk to as men when it comes to ATS topics.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join