It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does it seem more men are interested in conspiracies than women?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You ask...

"Why does it seem more men are interested in conspiracies than women?"

I ask...

"Why does it seem more women are interested in toilet bowl cleaners than men?"

IE: It all has to do with where your head is.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I think you're probably right. It's like a science fiction and fantasy convention. Sure there are girls, but they are vastly outnumbered by guys. It was a lot worse just only ten years ago, before the Lord of the Rings and other cool movies brought sci-fi and fantasy to the mainstream. Suddenly, girls who would never have ventured into these genres thought it was *cool* and *romantic.* Sci-fi and fantasy had become *SOCIALLY SAFE.*

Unfortunately, Jesse Ventura has been the loudest, most singular voice in MAINSTREAM media, with recent show (and I haven't seen any new episode being aired, so it's on hiatus, been cancelled or he's otherwise been told to back off). I say "unfortunately" not because Jesse is not inspiring and doing his part to further the cause and bring out the truth. "Unfortunately" just means that he's not "sexy" enough to bring (most) girls into the conspiracy theory fold. There are so many social connotations against being labeled a "conspiracy theorist" that girls avoid it like the plague. YES, there are girls out there who are into it, but they are in the minority. MOST girls will not touch it.

Even the name "conspiracy theory" is a blemish. What people are really after is the TRUTH. The government has conditioned people to ridicule anyone who seeks the truth. While everyone dislikes being ridiculed, (I'm just venturing out here, so don't take this personally), might women be slightly more averse to it than men? After all, more men find the Three Stooges hilarious than women, am I right?

Anyway, again, please (ladies and gentlemen) don't take this personally. It's just my theory on why there are fewer women into "conspiracies" or the TRUTH movement than men.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

So where does that leave me and my extended family. The boy's wore greens and yellows

as new babys and stronger colours as toddlers. The girls wore lilac's blues (limited pink]

and stronger colours as toddlers. Toys at home were anything except guns and although

dolls were around (for both sexes) all were encouraged towards educational toys.So there

was never any pressure to conventionally mould them

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

instinct will show women conquer the home men conquer the world...sounds chauvinistic? I dont make up the rules that govern instinct

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Mr. Tramp:

I enjoy this site very much.

But as many posters have indicated, some men just have too much time on their hands, while much of life's responsibilities lie on the shoulders of us, the women.

In addition, we are the more logical of the genders and thus discount many of the more *out there* conspiracy theories!!!

Peace!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well op, I've counted at least 20 women that have outed themselves on your thread. Now, someone can go through and count all the different posters. My guess is we are closer to the 60 40 split than you thought

Well, that's if you count the piggish comments as actually coming from men instead of livestock

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
Well op, I've counted at least 20 women that have outed themselves on your thread. Now, someone can go through and count all the different posters. My guess is we are closer to the 60 40 split than you thought

Well, that's if you count the piggish comments as actually coming from men instead of livestock

Oink
Oink

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I can't say what difference a female president would have made to the USA. But it is

my belief that here in the UK Margaret Thatcher was the "best man" we had in the 80's

And India had the first ever woman head of government with Indira Ghandi and she weilded

a lot of influence in her time.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by boo1981

Absolutely, not only are we better secret keepers, we don't feel the need to draw attention to our important secret club, while trying to not draw attention to our super secret club, lol. Seriously, for being so secretive why am I always reading something about the masons, bohemian grove, even the mafia. Good grief, if it's a secret keep your pride for those that are part of it.

Hehe So true. A secret is a secret and thats how it should be. The thing is men like to brag about stuff they shouldn't and it gets them into trouble.

So guy's if your part of a secret society then keep it to yourself

Thats what us women do!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

ok, since you're the one riding on the back of the harley, i have one question.
is your hubby in front of you wearing one of those t-shirts that read,

'if you can read this it means the bitch fell off!'

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

well, to be honest, as a white american, i was proud a black president was voted into office.
problem was, i knew he would basically change nothing and continue the policies of those previous.
i'd hope that a woman prez. would create less violence, war and general strife, but it is really tough to say.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

How'd that happen

It probably happens way more than we realize

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, our choice for woman president last go around was Hillary. I think she would have been brutal, too much time in the political circus, I mean circle, to change the status quo.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Did you vote for Barack Obama ? Because wasn't it touch and go as to whether you

got your first female President?? Maybe next time !!

I do wonder if there actually would be less war if women governed as there were the

"Falklands" when Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

That's exactly my point!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by archasama

Because women are too busy making dinner, cleaning house, raising children, washing clothes and dishes. When men sit at PC watching conspiracy movies and discussing conspiracies at ATS.

At the risk of being sexist, I have to partially agree with you. Historically, even with "women's lib", equal rights, equal pay, etc, etc, women still know, subconsciously, that men will toe the line when the **** hits the fan. Men have typically been the "protectors", therefore there is really nothing women can or need to do. They will just wait for Armageddon and hope the men will rise to the occasion and save the day. And that's okay. In my book, chivalry is still alive and well and we should look out for our women/ladies/girls. I would go to the ends of the earth for the women who matter most in my life. They deserve nothing less.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
hmmmmmm.......after catching up from where i left off yesterday, a question comes to mind.

let's just say that a woman was president instead of obama.
many almost make it seem that a woman would not have continued all the wars and b.s. american politics.

what is your opinion regarding the changes a woman president would make?
how would a woman change u.s. politics as usual?
edit on 11-2-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

In my opinion, very little, cause I have to say, when it comes to power in high places, women are not much different than men.

Of course, there aren't nearly as many women at the pinacle of power as there are men, but their behavior is similar.

Examples:

Lucretia Borgia
Countess Elizabeth Bathory
Golda Meir (former Prime minister of Israel)
Janet Reno (Janet Napolitano was her protegee')
Madeleine Albright
Condoleezza Rice
Hillary Clinton

These are just a few off the top of my head.........I'm sure there are many more that aren't as well known.

A very interesting thing to me has always been the fact that most serial killers are men.....maybe it's because women are more comfortable doing their dirty deeds from a distance or in secret?

edit on 11-2-2011 by sezsue because: grammar fanatics have to edit

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

I think you have misunderstood my post.

Like i said the children in my family were NEVER stereotyped or indoctrinated to follow

the conventional 'norm' ie blue for a boy and pink for a girl etc. Instead they were treated

asexually and grew into their own 'skins' and sex.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee

Originally posted by archasama

Because women are too busy making dinner, cleaning house, raising children, washing clothes and dishes. When men sit at PC watching conspiracy movies and discussing conspiracies at ATS.

They will just wait for Armageddon and hope the men will rise to the occasion and save the day.

I would have to disagree with your above comment. My partner and I have come up with a few plans if this day should ever arise. As I am the one in the know about Earth changes and conspiracies I have looked for relevant places that we could go to in the event of Armageddon.

I will throw some ideas at my partner who will in turn come up with a strategy to get us to safety.
Its called team work

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I am a woman and I have been researching "conspiracy theories" for years. I am into the paranormal and very interested in astrology and physics. I have come across, in my time, some women that are interested in the above as well. Actually, more women than men.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join