It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does it seem more men are interested in conspiracies than women?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have to take exception towards this assertion, from some posters, that cooking is a woman's job and that somehow it is not ''manly''.

I'm a man, and I'm also an amateur chef, and I very much enjoy cooking for other people, as I like to be inventive and creative with my food, so I have to have some willing participants to assess my latest culinary offerings.

In the absence of needing to hunt for food, what can possibly be more manly than preparing and providing food for others ?

edit on 15-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by sonjah1

ok, since you're the one riding on the back of the harley, i have one question.
is your hubby in front of you wearing one of those t-shirts that read,

'if you can read this it means the bitch fell off!'

This is what I am talking about.

Your ignorance is showing.

The Widow, Queen Noor, [former Monarch of Jordan] is riding on the back of the Harley....with her deceased husband, King Hussein, (peace to him) on front.

Another powerful woman/leader that guys like you don't have a clue about!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
The Widow, Queen Noor, [former Monarch of Jordan] is riding on the back of the Harley....with her deceased husband, King Hussein, (peace to him) on front.

Another powerful woman/leader that guys like you don't have a clue about!

She's not a proper leader, nor is she really that powerful. She attained her status purely because of the man that she married.

I don't see anything unduly remarkable about what she has achieved, unless you count catching the ex-King of Jordan's eye as an achievement.

Sisters are doing it for themselves.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Ask the poor Bedouins of Jordan about what she did for them, and their country...

Queen Noor was one of the first women in the Middle East to make a positive difference, and this has little to do with the King...

She was in the first female graduating class at Princeton as well....definitely not lacking in brains....

And she was a woman of means without the King; just read up a bit on her father--very well connected in corporate and DC government circles, I'm afraid.

And by the way, could you fly over and cook for me?!?! I grow tired of "having" to do it...

edit on 15-2-2011 by sonjah1 because: Edit to Add

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

sorry, i was kidding, thought you'd know that.
won't do it again.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I'm not contesting that she may have done some good and that she may some brains.

It's just that she was only capable of doing this because of the man that she married. All the power and leadership qualities that she may have were only attained and realised because King Abdullah fancied her !

It's really not that ''powerful'' for a woman to succeed purely because she happened to marry the ''right'' man.

I'll only come around and cook for you if you agree to do my laundry and washing-up. Fair's fair.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

i've been trying to think of a case that is the exact opposite.
a man who gained power because of a woman.
nothing yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It's just that she was only capable of doing this because of the man that she married. All the power and leadership qualities that she may have were only attained and realised because King Abdullah fancied her !

It was King Hussein, not Abdullah, silly boy
Now the current is a different story altogether....

It's really not that ''powerful'' for a woman to succeed purely because she happened to marry the ''right'' man.

I am Jordanian (well half/dual), and so I do have a tid-bit of knowledge on her power....(which in essence, I think she would have gained on her own eventually, but I am biased)....she went against all the norms of a middle-eastern woman at the time; she created so many new jobs for the "poor" women of the country, and the Bedouins...just check out Petra, the Jerash Festival as a few of examples.

I'll only come around and cook for you if you agree to do my laundry and washing-up. Fair's fair.

I love doing laundry, so no problem! I do love mediterrean/mid-eastern, thai, and gourmet cooking, and an extensive wine list to accompany my meals. I am mostly vegetarian...my downfalls are occasionally cheese and crab/lobster/oyster--but I'm a bit weary of these items right now ....

edit on 16-2-2011 by sonjah1 because: ETA

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Well first, apology accepted...even with a star!

nothing yet.

I was gonna hand you John McCain and John Kerry in the US.

But, then again, they are *not* that powerful either.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

How do you expect women to run across conspiracies while shopping and cheating on their men?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

Well first, apology accepted...even with a star!

nothing yet.

I was gonna hand you John McCain and John Kerry in the US.

But, then again, they are *not* that powerful either.

true to a point.
yet, did those two not gain power because of the womans money more so than influence?
well, then again, this is america and money does equal power for the most part.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

A man that gained "power" because of a woman............

Tom Arnold lol

He was nobody without a dime to him, until he married Rosanne and gained (at least temporarily) some power in Hollywood.

I don't know, I wish there were more examples. However, for most of history woman were denied the ability to attain power, even royalty, presidents, etc were all positions that woman were legally not allowed to have. To this day, there are many countries that still have these types of rules.

From what I understand, that is why Queen Elizabeth II never made Philip a King. Granted he was a Prince in his own right, but if she made him King she would lose the power she currently and therefore opted for him to remain a Prince.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
First off, I'm a female who loves reading and hearing about conspiracies. It's interesting hearing what the real people of the world think.

And all these stereotypical comments about how girls don't like conspiracy theories because shopping doesn't involve them isn't entirely true. You can't just assume that ALL girls are the same.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

im being sarcastic man, calm down
-.-

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join