It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does it seem more men are interested in conspiracies than women?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
My personal view on this is that women are targeted more when they are young - more expectations on them to be the skinny chick poledancing in the music video's they watch - and like the movie stars and pop stars that they idolise.

Parents seem to encourage this, by encouraging little kids to play dress up, and even harmless things like positive re-enforcement for a young girl dressed up in adult clothes and makeup trying to mimmic their favorite pop star on TV.

This compounded by girly groups, gossiping, baiting the boy's and living the dolly bird life.

Girls are steered from a very youg age at the things they're meant to do/be like.

Guy's dont get it as much untill just before puberty - where they're taught that all there is to life is going out there and screwing as many girls as you can, gloating about it, and justifying why they wax their legs and wear "product" under the basis of booty calls.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TigaHawk

My daughter is being brought up to believe in herself, encouraged to groom and make

the best of herself without being superficial. To think for herself and do what SHE wants

to do, and if she wants it enough and works hard towards it she will accheive and the sense

of accheivement will build up her self esteem. She is no ones slave and that good relationships

are at best 49/51% ...No one owes her a living,the world is her oyster.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Soon as I'm done giving my baby her 10mins of pleasure boom I am back on ATS. If I had to choose...oh dear that could be a whole other thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
P.S she f,n hates me being on ATS and xbox live....but I am about a 7 and she is only a 5 so she puts up with me.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TechNoir

You are 'lumping' ALL women together. The range and difference between women is vast.

I take exception to that i can be easily seduced in ANY way. I am my own person and being

intelligent take NOTHING at face value. You couldn't get anyone mor millitant for justice than

me, and I don't need the protection or status of ANYONE.

And NO I am not 'butch' in anyway, infact I am...... ultra feminine !!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
because there are no conspiracies surrounding shoes.

Lol that made me laugh so hard...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

why because numbers that someone wrote down says so? im sure they know of everyone in the usa...and women are the main problem men go crazy
edit on 11-2-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
To understanding complicated conspiracies requires energy to be expended in the form of thought. That is too much for most women who would much rather be talking than thinking.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Women are less theoretical and more practical than us.

They can be peacefully standing on the terrace having an ice cream looking right and left while on the pitch our National Team is playing for the World Cup final Cup!!! Yeah I've seen them doing it

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I find this assertion amusing, especially as any woman will tell you that behind-the-scenes is where the real stuff happens and where the real power and influence is exerted. Just think about any workplace, church or social group.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by On the level
There is very little Conspiracy involved in gossip and shopping so they dont give a toss

This isn't funny.

Glad you can so easily amuse yourself though

OH me and luci agree on something.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Absolutely, not only are we better secret keepers, we don't feel the need to draw attention to our important secret club, while trying to not draw attention to our super secret club, lol. Seriously, for being so secretive why am I always reading something about the masons, bohemian grove, even the mafia. Good grief, if it's a secret keep your pride for those that are part of it.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malzypants
reply to post by QueSeraSera

Well in my case, my avatar is an actual photo of me. I just cropped out my face to remain anonymous. I really don't feel I need to blend in with the men.

Does knowing whether I am a girl by looking at my avatar make my opinion more or less relevant? I don't think so. Does an alien, ghost, political or other themed avatar make someone else more "mysterious and serious"?. Or manly? Or intelligent? I would also say no.

and I actually have branches growing outta my head,

just sayin

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by boo1981

Absolutely, not only are we better secret keepers, we don't feel the need to draw attention to our important secret club, while trying to not draw attention to our super secret club,

True. We take care of business and no one even knows. It's only when there's a severe breech of discretion that it gets ugly.

edit on 11/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am a little disgruntled by the attitudes of our male members. To think that a woman by virtue of her nature is only interested or capable of thinking about dinner, what the best cleaning product is, or material desires (shoes, jewelry, etc.), oh or how to please her man, is ridiculous.

Perhaps, women are simply better genetically suited to multitask. I clean the house, ponder my conspiracies of interest, yell at the kids, and talk to the husband all at the same time on a light day, lol.

Also, why does it seem that men make the assumption that because a woman chooses to stay home with her kids that she is therefore uneducated and has no interest in anything outside of her property line? Every stay at home mom I know is either college educated or has some type of technical certificate degree, granted that my just be my socioeconomic area, but I assure you there is more floating a woman's brain than a new casserole recipe or how to make an efficient green cleaning product.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
No no no, you have it all wrong...the book was right. Men ARE from Mars and women from Venus. And gays are from Uranus.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

There are women who do know what's going on. One of the most important people in recent conspiracy history is Jane Burgermeister, she managed to save many lives during the Swine Flu Scam by educating people about what was inside the vaccines and of the real agenda.

Overall, there are less women involved as men are designed to be the protectors and providers. It doesn't mean women aren't capable of being protector/provider, just that on average men are more likely to lean one way and women another.

There are also of course plenty of men who are completely in the bubble and still believe 9/11 was muslim hijackers

edit on 11-2-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This could be viewed as a cultural conspiracy in itself.

It isn't just conspiracy theory per se, it could be anything that involves using logic and examination - Science, politics, there are many areas of life where women are not socially dominant.

The broad thought patterns of the sexes are really quite programmed from a very young age - it's definately an area of life one could look at as a conspiracy, or more just cultural programming.

For example - boys aren't born liking blue and playing with toy guns, and girls aren't born liking pink and playing house - these are culturally instilled in our social experience from an age before we are even conscious it is happening. It's a sad state of affairs, but cultural minimalism makes large populations easier to direct and persuade.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
hmmmmmm.......after catching up from where i left off yesterday, a question comes to mind.

let's just say that a woman was president instead of obama.
many almost make it seem that a woman would not have continued all the wars and b.s. american politics.

what is your opinion regarding the changes a woman president would make?
how would a woman change u.s. politics as usual?
edit on 11-2-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm a woman and i became a "conspiracy theorist" when my dad finally opened up to me about all of this.

Yes I cook. Clean. Go to school. Do the duties of a typical military wife.

But I just don't settle for what i am told to.

I try not to get my head in too deep into this stuff, but i enjoy thinking and seeing outside the box.

Plus, men are more right brained. Most women are equal on both sides.
Right brained people are more artistic and imaginative.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join