It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA "not" denying UFO's exist...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Now before I start I'm a real sceptic just check my posts on here and I don't believe that we are being visited, I see people reading into things too much, jumping the gun and not doing any real research (sometimes) anyhoo just because I don't believe doesn't mean I dont at least have a passing interest in it...

So I was nosying around on the NASA site and I was looking at stuff about warps drives when I read this FAQ about UFO's and the way its written really confused me, now as I said I dont jump the gun, I re-read things twice and I try never to read between the lines but I'll point out some things that really made me go... erm what?

Now remember this is from the official NASA site and is an official answer from NASA in the FAQ read the whole article as things can easily be taken out of context but here are the bits I''m talking about...

On the subject of UFOs the signal to noise ratio is so abysmal, that it does no good to listen.

If they don't exist then how do you know the ratio is abysmal and why did you try to listen?

That whole subject is really irrelevant to our own human quest to travel to space. If we humans are going to figure out how to build space vehicles, then WE have to build our own space vehicles. It doesn't matter if it has or has not been done by someone else.

Talking about a suggestion of learning from UFO stories, is the answer not "they don't exist so we cant learn from them" ?

Even if UFOs were completely real, which is doubtful

What? you meant to say "Even if UFOs were completely real, which there not" didnt you?

if someone in the previous century saw a film of a 747 flying past, it would not tell them how to build a jet engine, what fuel to use, or what materials to make it out of. Yes, the wings are a clue, but just that

Why are you making a point about not learning from UFO's when the point is they don't exist?

During several space missions, NASA astronauts have reported phenomena

Really?

no UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force was ever a threat to our national security

If they don't exist why are you investigating if they a threat?

there was no evidence submitted to, or discovered by, the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represented technological developments or principles beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge

So are the UFO's you then?

there was no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" were extraterrestrial vehicles

Only in the "unidentified" category? surely that would be all categories as they don't exist.

Given the current environment of steadily decreasing defence and space budgets, it is unlikely that the Air Force or NASA will become involved in this type of costly project in the foreseeable future.

So your not investigating them because of the budget? not that they don't exist?

As I said I'm not a believer but when I saw the FAQ title about UFO's I thought the answer wont be a flat out denial but it clearly isn't, remember and read the whole article because single quotes can easily taken out of context when not viewed in the complete paragraph.

I honestly came away from reading that thinking WTF? now I could be reading between the lines but some of the stuff in there is just a weird way to talk about something that doesn't exist, what do you guys think?

Woops forgot to add the link NASA article
edit on 10-2-2011 by roughycannon because: Forgot link

edit on 10-2-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

During several space missions, NASA astronauts have reported phenomena

Really?

no UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force was ever a threat to our national security

If they don't exist why are you investigating if they a threat?

These two are clinchers! The first few were a bit vague but these two should open people's eyes a bit more.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This shows how inept nasa is at social engineering.. Which is what they are trying to do with all of those contradictory statements in this faq...

Nasa gets badgered daily by all sorts of email and inquiries into the ufo problem.. When Nasa sends an astronaut to a school to talk to kids, the first thing the kids ask is "have you ever seen any aliens"?

It's the number one thorn in Nasa's side..although they try and downplay it constantly...

Seeing all of those statements they have made is pretty amusing... Obviously Nasa should stick to space science, and not sociology, because they sure suck at it...

I have witnessed the astronaut in a classroom scenerio and that was in fact the first thing the kids asked him..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Still Reading, but this little bit sparked my brain-cage-

The U.S. Air Force (USAF) and NASA have had intermittent, independent investigations of the possibility of alien life on other planets; however, none of these has produced factual evidence that life exists on other planets, nor that UFO's are related to aliens.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
its almost as if theyre saying its beyond your understanding so dont worry about it to the public....I've physically seen something that I dont care ta post about but it put my mind at ease that we are not alone or our Military is Incredibly more advanced than stealth or anything Ive ever heard of on any website

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Interesting post. You make good points. If anyone knows about UFO's it's NASA. Just the fact that astronauts have discussed them and unusual sightings in space is almost proof.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I believe in UFOs but I wish I can actually see one

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Of course NASA is not denying that they don't believe in UFOs.... UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object... So that is a pretty broad term.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Yes we all know, but the FAQ is obviously talking about UFO's and extraterrestrials.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

During several space missions, NASA astronauts have reported phenomena not immediately explainable; however, in every instance NASA determined that the observations could not be termed "abnormal" in the space environment.

Not "abnormal" in space. Silly earthlings.

That is a cryptic seeming page.
edit on 10-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

If its not abnormal then what is it? every bit of it seems very "run around" kinda of answers, I don't get why they are talking about it being pointless trying to learn from them and giving the example of trying to learn from a video of plane when they "know" they don't even exist...

And the bit that says "Even if UFOs were completely real, which is doubtful" what!? doubtful? I've never heard that from NASA before either they know or they don't, if they have been space they shouldn't be "doubtful" of anything...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Why do you think people dub NASA "Never A Straight Answer" ?

Walk into the light, they know more than they're letting on. And whilst it's also completly possible, that as they "truly don't know" *coughyeahrightcough* then they didn't want to add any conjecture, and say that they can't exist. Because they can't know 100% that there is no possibility that UFOs exist.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

You are correct sir.

It seems to purposely say something, in a backwards kind of way. I am not saying he is, but he is not saying it isn't either.

What does "completely" real mean.

"doubtful"

Is this an op-ed? Nope.

hmmm. S&F
edit on 10-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5
Still Reading, but this little bit sparked my brain-cage-

The U.S. Air Force (USAF) and NASA have had intermittent, independent investigations of the possibility of alien life on other planets; however, none of these has produced factual evidence that life exists on other planets, nor that UFO's are related to aliens.

That also suggests that UFO could be manmade or that we aren't the only intelligent species on earth. Could be alien cities under the ocean or underground.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Its impossible to prove that ET's dont exist without having explored every nook and cranny of the entire friggen universe so for now all they can say is that its "doubtful".
I think a few of the skeptics here could take a page out of nasa's book and admit that without omnipresence they cannot prove a negative. Being open minded is the only wise stance imo.

Furthermore with guys like stephen hawking saying that et's MUST exist then its understandable that nasa may be a little more sane about the topic nowadays.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yes but the point is that article isn't talking about ET's in the universe its specifically talking about UFO's and ET's visiting here, I'm a sceptic but that article just caught me off guard...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Yeah but it would still be impossible to prove they are not visiting earth without some sort of godlike awareness. My point was nasa is smart enough to know they cant prove a negative.

edit on 10-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Are you joking? NASA have always denied ET visitations I even seen an article of an employee saying UFO hunters were idiots...

Never
A
Straight
Answer

Is what they usually get called, this is the first time I have seen something like this come from NASA, Im not saying they are real but the article is really weird...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

that nasa page regarding ufos has been there for years. They dont believe we are being visited by et in spaceships

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

They may have denied alleged visitation events were real, but just think for a minute how dumb you would have to be to claim with 100% certainty that an et has not visited earth.

Maybe nasa got called out on having such a doughy stance by the ufo community and have since changed it.

As for never a straight answer, its true, maybe this is your first experience of it but they do it all the time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join