It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA "not" denying UFO's exist...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

That whole subject is really irrelevant to our own human quest to travel to space. If we humans are going to figure out how to build space vehicles, then WE have to build our own space vehicles. It doesn't matter if it has or has not been done by someone else.

If I was going to read into this, which I am...I would say it sounds like the aliens weren't willing to hand over any of their good technology. And no doubt the back engineering didn't turn out as well as hoped, eh? Oh well, don't be too sore, NASA. I'm sure we can eventually build our own without being copy cats.

Otherwise, I'd just say that it's typical fare from NASA: UFOs may or may not exist, aliens may or may not exist, fantasy may or may not become reality, other habitable planets - while very likely - may or may not exist, evil genius cats may or may not take over the universe.

and (3) there was no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" were extraterrestrial vehicles.

And as for the identified ones...?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I would suggest the poster of this thread read about the Sumerian tablets, or go over to youtube and pick one of the many series with the tablets translated into English and then decide about ET's. Regardless of whether or not Nibiru is on it's way y in the next year, Sumerian ancient history documents Aliens(not gods) coming to earth, their technology, wars, and nuclear history. It's all very interesting, and dates back to 400,000 years ago. If their not here now, they were...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The Nasa page is doing exactly what it was designed for, it's not telling you anything, its suggesting YOU make your own mind up, its works both way, sceptics will mostly say "told you" while believers will read it as riddled with possible between the lines answers.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I'm a total science guy and I only look at UFO alien stuff out of interest but they guys in the previous page are saying NASA has always admitted they didn't know? I thought the general consensus was that NASA covers everything up and we are all being lied to, I've never before heard an official announcement from NASA saying "were not sure if aliens and UFO.'s are real" was this on TV or a thread I missed?

Well I just though the conspiracy guys would find it interesting to hear this from NASA on their actual website, if that's the case then I apologise I don't like making pointless threads, but I'm not at all clued up on all this UFO stuff

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

nasa have never said they know we are not being visited or ever have been visited. No scientists would say that becuase they can't know. They would say they havn't seen any evidence we are being visited or have been visited.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Even if UFOs were completely real, which is doubtful

Um, I'm a little bit baffled that scientists acknowledge the potential of partial reality.
Things are either true or false. Never in between.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
NASA are not denying they exist because they are the ones behind the whole facade. You are being duped!
Ipersonally have witnessed anomalies in the sky that i or others cannot explain completely yet i still cannot believe what i experienced was controlled by foreigners. There is a massive plan of deceipt being played out over the last 60 years begining with operation paperclip and the war of the worlds practice run.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Now before I start I'm a real sceptic just check my posts on here and I don't believe that we are being visited, I see people reading into things too much, jumping the gun and not doing any real research (sometimes) anyhoo just because I don't believe doesn't mean I dont at least have a passing interest in it...

I wholeheartedly disagree with you in every possible way. You say that people haven't done their research and are looking too much in to it when it comes to the existence of advanced civilizations 'visiting' earth. I would say that you have not done your research and part of what you have posted here confirms that I am right.

Of course NASA take an interest in UFO's my goodness me
I read your opening post and simply had to post.

How many times has a 'sceptical' minded person come on here and said I am sceptical but............

Instead of sitting on the throne and looking at us mere mortals who have not researched and looked in to the whole phenomenom may I suggest you go away and do your own research. Starting with transcripts from the USAF/NASA close encounters dating back to the 60's

As no doubt you will reply with something like 'uh what transcripts' heres a little bit of information to get you started and perhaps will give you a little bit more understanding as why people take offense to words such as 'reading to much in to things'

We were drifting in space with the control engines shut down and all the instrumentation off (when) suddenly (an object) appeared in the window. It had a very definite shape - a cylindrical object - it was white - it had a long arm that stuck out on the side.

The film was sent back to NASA and reviewed by some NASA film technicians. One of them selected what he thought was what we talked about, at least before I had a chance to review it. It was not the picture - it was a picture of a sun reflection on the window."

Linky to source

Peace

edit on 10-2-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Whats with the attitude? did you not see the bit that says (sometimes) in that post? well...? was I right that (sometimes) people jump the gun, read too much into things and not researching things? yes I was!

So before you attack me again, don't jump the gun, don't read too much into my post and research my post before you reply...

And thanks for giving me a great example of what I was talking about...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

While you were editing your post I was replying so I didn't see the video links but can I ask, are you mental? I don't get what your talking about, I didn't attack ATS, my computer chair is no throne and I don't get your point, I simply stated my stance on the subject before I got into it, I don't believe we are being visited by ET's and I think (sometimes) people jump the gun and that true

As no doubt you will reply with something like 'uh what transcripts'

I hope your not jumping the gun again are you?

All they videos are about old events, it is commonly accepted on here that "present day" NASA covers everything up and they lying to us and they DENY ET's existence, and I was simply showing a article that's on a FAQ page on their site suggesting otherwise, I honestly don't get you problem dude, and don't speak/type to me like I'm stupid because I'm not...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by laterallateral

Things can only be true or false in human terms if the observer has enough data to support a conclusion one way or the other.

For example... Your post makes a 'false' statement, because you have misunderstood the fact that a decision cannot be reached when the available data is limited...

My post (this one) represents a 'true' statement, in that it describes how there is plenty of leeway for a 'middle ground' where something cannot be categorised as true or false.

The agnostic position... The Gray Area... The fuzziness between the spaces; a place of limbo - schroedinger's cat. The place where anything could happen/ be happening because we can't call it one way or the other. Black, white, or shades of gray.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

reply to post by polarwarrior

Are you joking? NASA have always denied ET visitations I even seen an article of an employee saying UFO hunters were idiots......

So NASA employees aren't allowed personal opinions?

I'd be curious to see that link, to verify you're not just imagining it for argument's sake.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I hope these articles will contribute to a better understanding of this mystery:

MSNBC // June 13, 2008 // Why NASA watches out for true UFOs
today.msnbc.msn.com...

Briefing to NASA re spacecraft-generated debris and UFOs:
www.jamesoberg.com...

Reasons to keep eyes peeled out the windows (Apollo era)
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

reply to post by polarwarrior

Are you joking? NASA have always denied ET visitations I even seen an article of an employee saying UFO hunters were idiots......

So NASA employees aren't allowed personal opinions?

I'd be curious to see that link, to verify you're not just imagining it for argument's sake.

It was ages ago I have no idea where I read it, it was something like "they are stupid people who believe everything they cant explain must be aliens" or something along they lines...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You'd have to be totally illogical, irrational, and oblivious to think that we are alone. There are billions of stars out there and galaxies, we've covered maybe a needle on the earth's worth of exploration. You just have to remember that if extraterrestrials have the ability to get here, then they are millions of years more advanced than us. Ultimately, we are inferior and are simply comparable to ants in their perspective. We as humans don't stop at every ants nest and try to communicate our technology and teach them how to use it do we haha? We are completely irrelevant to them, and are probably just another "ants nest" that they pass on a regular basis due to their mobility on a galactic scale. If earth does provide some rare commodity that they have only found on certain planets, then I'm sure they have the ability to extract whatever they need and be on their way. If they have the technology to get here in the first place, then surely there is nothing so special about us "ants" that they HAVE to attempt communication with us. Furthermore, I really doubt that English would be their tongue of choice if they chose to do so.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
For there to be a signal to noise ratio, there has to be a SIGNAL to begin with.

This isn't denying indeed.

It's more like they're actually admitting that they are out there but they just can't be arsed to care about it or research it (or want us to think that)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The ending of NASA's shuttle program without an up-to-date replacement human launch vehicle standing ready to take its place in any country of the world is a solid indication that the exploration of space, as we know it, via humans in inhumane rockets, is at an end.

NASA is drying up. It will retract to being more scientific-oriented rather than space-flight oriented. The era of holding our breaths as a flaming rocket climbs into the sky is over, folks. You had better rush to the Cape to see one of the last three remaining flights. The shuttle's replacement is here. It is not a NASA vehicle in any way, shape or form. I can guarantee you that a black triangle lifting off for space duty is not going to be as awe-inspiring.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I brought something similar up a few weeks ago with a thread regarding NASA and their choice of words in relation to ETs and UFOs.

They give the impression they know more than they are letting on by playing with words. You'd think the people who work for NASA, who earn silly money and are supposed to be the best of the best, would be more concise and understandable with the statements they release.

Maybe its just in case someone credible gives out disclosure or ETs appear for all to see or maybe they need a new public relations officer!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

I think you guys need to look at this very objectively. UFOs = Unidentified Flying Objects. It is something in the air that they haven't identified yet. They're not saying that alien spacecraft are not related to aliens they are saying that "that something that is up there" is not related to aliens.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I like this Q & A:

Q: What is the U.S. government doing to investigate UFOs?
A: During several space missions, NASA astronauts have reported phenomena not immediately explainable; however, in every instance NASA determined that the observations could not be termed "abnormal" in the space environment.

Are they saying that UFOs are not abnormal in the space environment? In other words, are UFOs normal in the space environment?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join