It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Valkyrie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am very interested in the XB-70 "Valkyrie" mach 3 aircraft that was built in the 60s and when i searched for it on google, It linked to the page on this site about the 'Super Valkyrie'. This got me very intregued as to whether this is genuine, and if so, what proof of it is there? Have the U.S government revealed anything about it's development?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
uhh...you forghot to post the site but there are plenty of facts and pics of this plane do a search here on ATS and you will get a million threads about it have a good one

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Its probably just a nick name for the Aurura that or a different version of the Aurora.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Its probably just a nick name for the Aurura that or a different version of the Aurora.

Not to be a jerk, but they have nothing to do with one another. The Aurora is supposed to be a sy plane tht travels Mach 5+. The Super Valkyrie is a bomber designed to fly at high speeds and have the abillity to make Mach 3 "sprints" over enemy territory.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
well the vlkyrie was built in the 60s the super vlkyrie wich might not exist was built in the 80s first you could search the ats and then you could read up before you start another threa you should read AARP (aurora aircraft research project) there is some info there. another name to seacrh is brilliant buzzard

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
might just be some fnacy name for like a boeing 777 its justc alled that

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman

Ok here is an example of a person who knows nothing about Black Projects
*shakes head says says WTF were you thinking*

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Ok here is an example of a person who knows nothing about Black Projects
*shakes head says says WTF were you thinking*

You are another example of that.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

EDIT: Had to make it easier for certain people to understand

[edit on 15/7/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
err...CH you always have to say something smart dont you i'll let this one slide

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
But lets be honest here Westpoint, you were right (this time
) I too read that remark and just thought WHAAAATTT????

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
but lets face it this thread should not have been created. we have the one thread copied from the main page on it and i created a thread called brilliant buzzard in march or april. people need to use search instead of just making threads.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman

Holy #e! THEN THAT MEANS THAT THE AURORA IS A FANCY NAME FOR SOMEONES CESSNA!

My god, 2 things here guy...
1.) The Buzzard or "Super Valkyrie" has pics available of it, and it's also supposedly made by North American Aerospace.

2.) Passeger (commercial planes i.e.: 747, 757, 767, ect...) do not have designated names.

USE THE GEWGLE and LEARN. Also check the ARP for some semi-detail on the Buzzard.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by Shugo]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by cyberdude78

Not to be a jerk, but they have nothing to do with one another. The Aurora is supposed to be a sy plane tht travels Mach 5+. The Super Valkyrie is a bomber designed to fly at high speeds and have the abillity to make Mach 3 "sprints" over enemy territory.

I respect what you have to say but they both fly high altitude at high speed and nobody on this site can say for sure what exactly the mission and specs of Aurora are. They sound similar and since we can't even prove the existance of Aurora we can't really be sure about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shugo

Holy #e! THEN THAT MEANS THAT THE AURORA IS A FANCY NAME FOR SOMEONES CESSNA!

My god, 2 things here guy...
1.) The Buzzard or "Super Valkyrie" has pics available of it, and it's also supposedly made by North American Aerospace.

2.) Passeger (commercial planes i.e.: 747, 757, 767, ect...) do not have designated names.

USE THE GEWGLE and LEARN. Also check the ARP for some semi-detail on the Buzzard.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by Shugo]

This thread may be 18 years old, but let me correct Shugo on the following points:
1) North American Aviation was bought out by Rockwell International a few years after the XB-70's first flight, and it was acquired by Boeing in 1996.
2) Although reports of an XB-70 like TSTO vehicle over the Mojave Desert were made in 1990-1992, the name Brilliant Buzzard was actually first used for the supposed TSTO vehicle in a 1997 article by Dan Zinngrabe, who cited anonymous government and corporate officials as saying that the names Brilliant Buzzard and Big Bird were being used for the alleged XB-70 like TSTO mothership.
3) The late aviation historian Curtis Peebles wrote in his book Dark Eagles that most putative Brilliant Buzzard sightings were likely to be misidentified Rutan Long-EZ aircraft, while quoting US Air Force officials as saying that the object seen being loaded into a C-5 Galaxy in January 1992 looking like the forward part of an SR-71 fuselage except for rounded chines and which reporters believed to be the forward fuselage of the "Brilliant Buzzard" was actually a radar cross section test article lacking a no cockpit canopy.
4) In his AWST article about the alleged Blackstar TSTO system, William Scott (who also wrote the AWST article about the non-existent Black Manta stealthy tactical reconnaissance flying wing) doesn't touch upon whether the mothership dubbed Brilliant Buzzard in some publications in the 1990s may have been involved in reported sightings of the Blackstar, or if this rumored aircraft was used for a USAF project for a stealthy TSTO spaceplane derived from the NASP codenamed Have Blinders. There remains that the putative mothership for the alleged Blackstar system was most likely a B-1B bomber specially modified to serve as a mothership for whatever experimental spaceplane might have been developed under Have Blinders.

top topics

join