It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal trip to Peenemünde facility (Nazi Bell/ German technology related)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOwlMan

In my opinion between me, you and ats ''Aliens''

Exactly right OwlMan!! Why would any one be twisted enough to go just because of what kind of past it has? I love this post just because it shows the history of the area and not every one at ats has a huge back round of ww1/2. It's more then educational for every one

Im hoping my first thread will be as popular as this one has been.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Dalbeck, what a great start for you on ATS! Thanks for posting the photos. So many times we read about mysterious locations and never get the "tourist" experience. Again, thanks.

I can see, thanks to you, how unremarkable and underwhelming the site is. That being said, a lot of remarkable things are created in places that appear unremarkable. Most of our modern government facilities are unremarkable to this day. Rewind 50+ years and the design (or lack thereof) would certainly be spartan in nature. Also, I have seen documentaries that show underground German cave/bunker systems, many of which have been permanently sealed ---not just sealed to the public, but permanently *physically* sealed to the point where it would take major machinery and millions of dollars of coordinated effort to re-enter.

As with most aspects of the past and of secrets, the stuff they are willing to show you is comparible to the un-blacked-out text on a FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) document. If a document tells you a lot of things, and also has areas blacked-out, you wonder what they are holding back. It's the same with test site: what they have made into museum pieces is the unremarkable part. What is below ground or at another completely different undisclosed location is where the real "majic" happened. Sorry, couldn't resist the written pun.

Very wonderful post, starred and flagged.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
YoungMind92 - I am sure your next post will be just as informative as this one. The conscientious manner with which you presented the subject matter, along with your attention to detail, and ability to answer questions made this post a true delight!!!!! By the way your English is perfect!!! Please keep up the great work and I look forward to your next project! Thank you for the photographs, I will never be able to travel there, and view, for myself, this tremendously important place.

I do have a couple of questions, the photo of the map with the missing "windows" (I believe is how you refer to them); do we have any idea what is missing there? ALSO, on the Ancient Alien programs (same of which are posted on this thread) have shown a concrete, circular structure, where they have report the "Bell" to have been tested. Did you see such a structure? Some have said, it may simply have been the bottom portion of a water tower, because the structure is so similar to that of a water tower very near by. Ancient Aliens, reported the standing water tower was within view of the concrete structure used for testing the "Bell". If you did see this concrete structure, what is your opinion?

Thank you again for the wonderful post and answering all of our questions!

Love, Light & Peace

FACTBANDIT

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Great post/thread Dalbeck! S+F.

Threads like this - being "at the place in question", taking photographs, being informed and nice and making it all informative - are rather uncommon these days.
Take care

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellyct1987

Farrell and Stevens believe that one component of this project was associated with time manipulation while another was concerned with the controlled bending of time space (Farrell calls this a torsion bomb).

You have to put yourself in the position of the German scientists involved. Obviously they watched in terror as the world spun out of control in political madness and Germany was close to losing the war. After seeing how the concentration camp guards with average IQ's of less than 95 responded to starvation rations and Mein Kampf propaganda, maybe the top scientists felt that the time was not right to give their military leaders a terrible new mega weapon? Its not beyond comprehension to believe that such a weapon used in hurried desperation might end up yielding unthinkably terrible results. There is quite a bit of evidence that the Nazi military knew an atomic bomb could be built and that they were pressuring the German scientists to build them one. History suggests that the top German scientists dragged their feet and never considered building one in war time.

It was the "Jew Science" of Oppenheimer and Feynman that were credited with actually delivering a working bomb at White Sands New Mexico. Oppenheimers first reaction was "We are all sons of bitches now". He obviously knew their bomb was going to kill a lot of people. I've sometimes cautioned my Jewish friends not to take too much pride in the accomplishment when they start yelling "we got the bomb baby!". If it was clear Germany would not build a bomb that could be used against the US then part of the rational for developing a deadly super weapon is lost.

But then you are told that we could not have immediately won the war against Japan without an atomic bomb so it saved US soldiers lives. Problem with that argument is that Japanese never attacked the US mainland. Much of the early conflict was about the US airlines looking for routes to expand their service into the Pacific. The Japanese Imperial government didn't like the idea of the United States expanding control into the Pacific. Theoretically the US forces could have pulled their ships back and defended Hawaii rather than lose soldiers attacking the Japanese mainland. Could they have bullied Japan into surrendering by setting off atomic bombs near the coast rather then over the cities until the Imperialist government surrendered?

Of course the answer we were all taught is that the Asian mind was suicidal and would fight to the death. The Japanese Imperialist government was raping China and the rest of the Asian rim nations so the use of Atomic bombs on the cities was a necessary and heroic action.

edit on 10-2-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by factbandit

Dr. Hans Plendl was working at Peenemünde on some secret radio technology, one example is the single beam Wotan navigation system that was built around 1933. These circular bases remind me of some of the tower remains from these projects. What would a scientist with Plendl's resources be working on in the 1940's? Is there any evidence left at the installation that would help identify the technology or was it all destroyed at the end of the war?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

THAT my friend was an epic post GOOD JOB! if the rest of your content
is half as good as this thread it will be a real treat for us all.

Keep up the excellent work and welcome your stars & flags are well deserved.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Great Post there man. I really like the pictures. Is that place near a town?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hello, Dalbeck- great thread & photos! Thank you so much for sharing. I wondered if you had heard of a book called "The Hunt For Zero Point" by Nick Cook? It has a long section on Peenemunde & "Die Glocke". Nick Cook is a reporter for Jane's Defense Weekly, the British publication for all of the latest world weapons & related things. He mentions one of the officers who ran Peenemunde- SS Nazi Obergruppenfuhrer Hans Kammler, who was never caught; he disappeared after the war ended- no one knows where. It was theorised that perhaps he hid himself in the Soviet Union. He had taken numerous plans & blueprints with him, & he was a mysterious man who never allowed himself to be photographed. Could you tell us anything at all about him? Thanks!
edit on 11-2-2011 by RomaMayLi because: add info

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Good morning all

I will start off like everytime

@ipsedixit: Thank you and thanks for your good observation, I liked you rhetorical style!
@jrmcleod: You're welcome, glad you liked it!
@felonius: You're right about the forced labor at this facility - much less (if not nothing) in regards to prisoners. Mainly scientists and military personell worked at Peenemünde where the rockets were tested. The rockets were built in other places.
@YoungMind: Thank yoouuu

@Thunda: You're very right about this thin line between remembering and glorification. As a German I can tell you that the Peenemünde site is def. not for glorification and not a site where right winged groups go to glorify anything, I do think there are other places tho.
@tom: Glad you liked it. Yes, time's not frozen and in some time you just have to move on.. what happened, happened and no one can change it.
@factbandit: You're welcome! Yes, you're def. right with your statement about not every German being a Nazi (especially at that time), you would be amazed how many streets are named after Count Graf von Stauffenberg in Germany

@GhostLancer: Thank you so much for your kind words! The pictures can't even put the entirety of the site across if you feel me. It's unfortunately just a little piece I can give you all. Hehe got your pun

@factbandit (2^^): I think you mixed up my name but no problem at all
Thanks for your questions. I will try to answer them: The missing windows..yeah, there was this one room which had a sign above its door before you entered and it read "Streng Geheim" ("Top Secret") and in this room there were several windows in the ground. You could walk over them (pretty much like the Skywalk^^) and some of these windows, embedded into the ground floor, just were "boxes" with stuff in it (like billions of "Reichsmark" - the bills back then (I will post a pic of the money later) or mechanical stuff) , but there were also some windows which gave a glimpse of what has been/ seemingly still is/ under the first floor - a rather big underground complex (I don't want to exaggerate, but the underground level seemed really giant). If it was for testing or just a bunker (or both) - I really don't know.
Your 2nd Q regarding the circular structure: No, I didn't see it anywhere "in reality" -but I told another member earlier in this thread that on the scale model of the site, which was way bigger than just on this one photo, there was an area with several of these circular structures, the bad thing about it is the fact that I wasn't that much into the whole Bell thing at that time so I didn't take care about them and didn't ask the guide. It seems that they had some of these structures in a seperate area but if your theory is right about them being just water tower structures they just were built in the water supply area of the site, simple as that. I really can't tell if there are still some structures at the actual area because I didn't see any of them but I also have to add that not all parts of the test site were accessable (but that of course could have just be again a security measure because of bombs and dangerous parts laying around there). If you still have any questions feel free to ask them

@belsce: Thank you so much!
@Bordon: I think you're really right about the scientists not wanting their leaders to have a "Wunderwaffe", not all of them were blinded by any Nazi propaganda. In one information room there were several lockers with information about the scientists and persons involved in Peenemünde - very informative, and you could tell not all lost their mind ! And yeah, pretty much was destroyed on this installation site. The Russians destoyed a lot after WWII as the guide told us.
@stealthyaroura: Thank you so much!

@Elohimsciences: Glad you liked it
Yes, that place in fact is in a small mousy town - Peenemünde
It's really a rural region with small villages around it, nothing special. A little anecdote: As we left the site/ entrance building you could really hear a cock on a nearby farm - Hitler or von Braun probably never would've imagined that

@RomaMayLi: Thanks a lot! Sorry, I've never heard of that book by Nick Cook before but sure will check it out now! I will tell you something about Hans Kammler when I finally get my research about Die Glocke done and put it up into this thread
!!
edit on 11/2/11 by Dalbeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Dalbeck, you are quite welcome. I noticed earlier in your thread you said that you didn't know about the occult activities of the Nazis- two of the best books on the subject are: Le matin de les magiciens (The Morning of the Magicians), by Louis Pauwels & Jacques Bergier, & The Spear of Destiny by Trevor Ravenscroft. Ravenscroft was a British soldier who was a German prisoner of war for years, & when the war ended wrote this book with the help of a German friend who had escaped Germany before the war started & fled to England. Good luck to you; I hope you can find all of the books.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Thanks a lot for your book tips! Since I read a lot and am always interested in interesting stuff this is very welcome
I will try Amazon finding these books

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well done, good post dude. Many interesting pictures there, it's not often you get to see iside such a facility.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Good luck once again! Le matin de les magiciens may be out of print, but you'll be able to find one in a good used bookstore- even if it isn't in the shop, the owner can look up his sources on the internet to find one for you. Once you have them & have a chance to read them, do let me know what you think- here in your thread or by UTU.

My Scottish grandfather fought for the Allies in WW I; my family survived the Blitz in WW II. I never really bought the whole "Naziism is Germany's Fault" line of thinking; I just knew that if such horrible things could happen to a great country like Germany, it could happen anywhere on Earth. In my studies I discovered that Naziism was invented by the so-called "Powers That Be" as a political religion for the common man; & that now there are more Nazis in the US than in all of the rest of the world put together. A check on the internet under the search term "hate groups" will show anyone that this is true. Au revoir- RomaMayLi

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
As a Thomas Pynchon fan I've been aware of Peenemunde since it was featured in Gravity's Rainbow, which was first published in 1973. Very cool to see the real deal....and the V2 was much larger than expected. THis was a pretty rotten place back in the day--as much as 90% of the workforce at Peenemunde came from concentration camps, like Dora.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wow, I really would like to visit that place at some point in my life. I would also like to get that feeling of being back in time in the nazi era and just a sense of what it might have actually been like.

Also that V2 rocket looked awsome, I bet seeing that in action would put a few chills down your spine.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalbeck
. Just look on the right side there's a plane that actually looks like a design for the B2
! I don't know if you can see it on the thread page, just look into my actual gallery and you'll see what I mean

I checked out the larger picture and that is an ME-163, it is not at all like the B-2, it's a one man rocket powered interceptor. They were put into production and they shot down some allied bombers but had limited range which limited combat effectiveness, and also were vulnerable to allied fighters when they slowed down to land.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
reply to post by Kellyct1987

Farrell and Stevens believe that one component of this project was associated with time manipulation while another was concerned with the controlled bending of time space (Farrell calls this a torsion bomb).

You have to put yourself in the position of the German scientists involved. Obviously they watched in terror as the world spun out of control in political madness and Germany was close to losing the war. After seeing how the concentration camp guards with average IQ's of less than 95 responded to starvation rations and Mein Kampf propaganda, maybe the top scientists felt that the time was not right to give their military leaders a terrible new mega weapon? Its not beyond comprehension to believe that such a weapon used in hurried desperation might end up yielding unthinkably terrible results. There is quite a bit of evidence that the Nazi military knew an atomic bomb could be built and that they were pressuring the German scientists to build them one. History suggests that the top German scientists dragged their feet and never considered building one in war time.

It was the "Jew Science" of Oppenheimer and Feynman that were credited with actually delivering a working bomb at White Sands New Mexico. Oppenheimers first reaction was "We are all sons of bitches now". He obviously knew their bomb was going to kill a lot of people. I've sometimes cautioned my Jewish friends not to take too much pride in the accomplishment when they start yelling "we got the bomb baby!". If it was clear Germany would not build a bomb that could be used against the US then part of the rational for developing a deadly super weapon is lost.

But then you are told that we could not have immediately won the war against Japan without an atomic bomb so it saved US soldiers lives. Problem with that argument is that Japanese never attacked the US mainland. Much of the early conflict was about the US airlines looking for routes to expand their service into the Pacific. The Japanese Imperial government didn't like the idea of the United States expanding control into the Pacific. Theoretically the US forces could have pulled their ships back and defended Hawaii rather than lose soldiers attacking the Japanese mainland. Could they have bullied Japan into surrendering by setting off atomic bombs near the coast rather then over the cities until the Imperialist government surrendered?

Of course the answer we were all taught is that the Asian mind was suicidal and would fight to the death. The Japanese Imperialist government was raping China and the rest of the Asian rim nations so the use of Atomic bombs on the cities was a necessary and heroic action.

It wasn't a necessary action at all. The Japanese government had already agreed to surrender with the only condition being that they would be allowed to keep the Emperor but in a reduced role as merely a figurehead. The US refused this as they would accept nothing but an unconditional surrender, and effectively used two nuclear bombs to get one.

Ridiculously, they let them keep the Emperor as a figurehead afterwards ANYWAY.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This is amazing!

I have always been interested in history from that era in Germany. Amazing to think of everything that went on at that place. Thanks for the wonderful pictures.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Among the sketchy details used as evidence for Die Glocke, Stevens describes stories alleging that a concave mirror on top of the device provided the ability to see "images from the past" during its operation.

It might have been Kiepenheuer working under Plendl that developed that technology in the late 1930's. My German is not too good but there was something back in one of the pictures about it I think.

Much of the Nazi involvement with the occult was of the Norse legend variety. The Ring didn't make it back to to the Rhinedaughters until Roswell in '47 unfortunately.. Some interesting reading on that side as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join