Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

My personal trip to Peenemünde facility (Nazi Bell/ German technology related)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Igor Witkowski wrote a wonderful book about German secret weapons ("The Truth About the Wunderwaffen"). And Joseph Farrell and Harry Stevens have written less academically focused books about the same subjects (Stevens: Hitler's Suppressed and Still-Secret Weapons, Science, and Technology. Farrell's books are addressed on another ATS thread so I won't repeat them here). The German Bell was also discussed in Nick Cook's The Hunt for Zero Point. Witkowski's book is perhaps the most thorough book on The Bell. According to these author's The Bell project took place in the Wenceslas Mine in Lower Silesia Poland. Witkowski's research showed that the project moved several times to avoid the Soviet advances on the eastern front ending up in the Owl Mountains. The only remaining and identified physical structure associated with The Bell project is the circular feature in the Wenceslas Mine. To say the least 'Die Glock' was a remarkable and extremely frightening project and I encourage anyone interested in finding out the project was about first read Witkowski and then Steven,s Farrell, and Cook. Farrell and Stevens believe that one component of this project was associated with time manipulation while another was concerned with the controlled bending of time space (Farrell calls this a torsion bomb). The science was based on the 1922 Kalusa-Klein thinking on Unified Field Theory and Gabriel Kron's theories on tensor torsion while rejecting Einstein as 'Jewish Science.' Steven's argues that one reason why the Nazi's made so many specular advances in science had to do with their focus on quantum theory at the expense of Einstein's theories of relativity and special relativity. Rather than delve too deeply into a subject that is immensely complex I defer folks to the sources.

The pictures of Peenemunde are wonderful by the way!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
hey what kinda plane is that poking out in picture 8? nice pictures I really liked the one with the little models of all the experimental craft tested by the nazis, to bad they didn't have a model of the bell though.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Nice post and some interesting shots, but was hoping for something on the bell also. Maybe some inside info on the Vril society and whether or not the US took them as well as the scientists. Within two years of operation paperclip was Americas first reported UFO sightings, a little too coincidental for me.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Awesome post! I found that very interesting, never saw anything about this place before, pictures were very cool!

So was this the Nazi's equivalent of our Area 51?

Welcome!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

Thanks I was suprised one of the rockets only had a 4km range for it's size. Was a massive rocket also. Shows how far technology has come along.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Excellent post, thank you for taking your time for showing these historical photographs. I lived in Munich for 5 years and got the same 'sense of time' in Dachau, and sense of horror when seeing that picture of all the bodies in the white room. Also, forget the immature clown who was critical of the thread, this is not a celebration, but a period of savagery that should NEVER be forgotton.

Thank You

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sown261

History is a very important subject. However, simplistic glorification of subjects without balanced presentation is dangerous, German advances in rocketry came about not just through ingenuity and application of theory, but at a very real human cost. My comments were aimed at pointing out that the museum should offer a clear reflection of the truth of the subject matter. Great strides forward in rocketry were achieved, but they came at a cost, taken from Wikipedia

The V-2s were constructed at the Mittelwerk site by prisoners from Mittelbau-Dora, the concentration camp where an estimated 20,000 people died during the war. Of these, 9,000 died from exhaustion and collapse, 350 were hanged (including 200 executed for acts of sabotage) and the remainder were either shot or died from disease or starvation.

The Germans weren't mistreating the odd employee, they were killing, torturing, and starving people to build these rockets, and then using the completed weaponry against civilian and military targets causing more death, destruction, and mayhem.

That sort of information needs to be presented alongside the other information. If you still consider that to be sick then you are beneath contempt.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Excellent post. Thank you for sharing with us this information. If I ever find myself up that way I will have to take a look. Currently I am in Germany but I doubt that I will ever go that far north so this is good information to see.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Wow great insight on the Peenemünde facility! S&F

This is something people should be doing more over the world. To visit historic places and take pictures of thing that have so many questions unsolved, maybe it could solve things? or make it clearer then before

Nice pictures!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hello again
!!

Wow, I'm really overwhelmed seeing my thread on the first page as a top member pick, so thank you all for this!

@youknow²: Thanks a lot! I'm really interested in myths and secrets like this and searching for the truth.
@exdog: I'm glad you liked my virtual tour
!
@Muza: Ah, I see
I've been to all the cities you named before (except Paderborn), I love Hamburg
Yes, the technology has been years ahead, if they only did everything for the benefit of mankind from jump, who knows how far we'd all be now!
@SweetRevenge: Thank you! I will try to collect some information about the Bell later on and update this thread!
@WarmSun: Hey I'm glad that I made you to stay a lil longer than usually on ATS

@WeRpeons:Thanks!!
@CandyCab: Thank you, I enjoyed your little story about your ancestors
Yes, you never know where in the world you still got relatives. My family just found out about some relatives in Australia

@Blaine: Thanks
Yeah the oversized pics were really a pain in the a**
I figured out how to size them down as you can see in some posts above. I contacted a Mod about adding scrollbars to the pics on page 1

@backinblack: Thaaanks

@coolottie:You're welcome
Yes, the ramp next to it is the take off ramp actually. They had some ramps pointing to different locations at the Baltic Sea just for testing! There's even a huge block of concrete some km away from the coast where they used to shoot at!
@diamount: Thanks!
@Bordon: Thank you for your nice contribution, interesting read about W.v.B. !
@sown: Thank you

@Zomar: Thanks! Yes, the pic you added looks def. like the rings they had on some of the scale model of the facility!!
@Kellyct: Thanks for your info about the books!
@scorpion: Thank you! Yes, I don't know about the plane but found it interesting that's why I took a photo
Just look at the left, there's even a (Russian?) helicopter!
@lestweforget: I will add some things about The Bell later on

@porschedrifter: I LOVE your avatar haha
Thank you for your interest! I think the Nazis had even more classified bases than Peenemünde but it def. was among the most advanced (technical wise) bases the Nazis had. Most of their rocket science and knowledge originates from Peenemünde!
@superbuker: Thanks

@breadmaker:Thank you! Oh so you lived for 5 years in Munich - a great city to live in
Did you work there? Yes, I feel you, it should never be forgotten. Dachau is very cruel

@howler: You're welcome
Are you in the Army?
@Observer: Thank you too

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Congratulations to the OP on an excellent first thread. This kind of thread is a great idea. Maybe more ATS members who happen to be in places of interest will take photos and give a personalized tour of the place with their own observations. I definitely have a much better feel for Peenemunde than I had before.

At least one poster expressed a caution against glorifying what was, after all, an installation that killed a lot of people. I agree with this but it is very important also to avoid the trap of characterizing every effort made by the Germans during the Nazi era in a cartoon evil propagandistic way.

Doing so makes it easy for us to believe that we, ourselves, not being cartoons and not being evil cartoons like the Nazis, are not evil, when, in fact, what we do in a given situation, could very well be an emulation of the Nazis.

The Iraq War is a good example of this.

The telescopic isolation and display of the horrors only, important as it is, can cause the more sinister likenesses to our own times to go unnoticed.

The Germans of the early 20th century were, in so many ways, the architects of the 21st century. Their story needs to be known completely in as much realistic detail as possible.

Sample homework questions:

1. Did the Nazis have a "military industrial complex"?

2. Compare and contrast the American "military industrial complex" with the Nazi "military industrial complex".

3. Who was in charge of the Nazi "military industrial complex"; the military?, industry?, politicians?, other?

4. Who is in charge of the American "military industrial complex": the military?, industry?, politicians?, other?

5. Allowing for the fact that the Peenemunde complex was operational during wartime, compare it's aims, purposes and methods, with those of NASA and JPL.

6. Instead of imprisoning the war criminals of Peenemunde and other scientific research installations, the United States and the Soviet Union put those scientists to work in their own research installations. Discuss the ethics and morality of Operation Paperclip. When America imported Nazi scientific expertise, did it also import Nazi ethics?
edit on 10-2-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Thanks very much dalbeck for taking the time to post this information, its great when ATS'ers can post info for those who cant travel overseas regularly to see things like this.

Your right though, it reminded me of the Nazi Zombies in Call Of Duty. What a fantastic place to go visit...

S&F

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
Interesting, but it's in rather bad taste, bordering on being sick. I thought the Germans weren't allowed this sort of museum. Celebrating Nazi achievements at killing people at a distance? It would be like offering tours of the former Zyklon B factory to show the efficiency of German chemists.

If it wasn't for the successful efforts of British Intelligence the weapons developed at Peenemünde would have killed a lot more people and destroyed a lot more property.

A lot of slave labour from the concentration camps and the Todt organisation died making these weapons and the associated facilities. I hope the museum details events from their perspective clearly and in great detail.

Technically like many I am fascinated by the developments, but you have to bear in mind the human suffering that went with these developments, and that sheer level of suffering makes me uneasy for one.

Sooo,

You want us to run around wearing sackcloth and ashes for eternity?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW! Bad Germans.

Accept the thread for what it is, darn nice work about some amazing tech.

I'll GUARANTEE their wasnt near as much forced labor at this facility with the tech going on. Too costly.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Thank you so much for this post I love any thing to do with history especially with ww/1 & 2 just looking at the pictures you can picture the scientists working and testing the rockets. This post has received my first S&F

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
reply to post by sown261

History is a very important subject. However, simplistic glorification of subjects without balanced presentation is dangerous, German advances in rocketry came about not just through ingenuity and application of theory, but at a very real human cost. My comments were aimed at pointing out that the museum should offer a clear reflection of the truth of the subject matter. Great strides forward in rocketry were achieved, but they came at a cost, taken from Wikipedia

The V-2s were constructed at the Mittelwerk site by prisoners from Mittelbau-Dora, the concentration camp where an estimated 20,000 people died during the war. Of these, 9,000 died from exhaustion and collapse, 350 were hanged (including 200 executed for acts of sabotage) and the remainder were either shot or died from disease or starvation.

The Germans weren't mistreating the odd employee, they were killing, torturing, and starving people to build these rockets, and then using the completed weaponry against civilian and military targets causing more death, destruction, and mayhem.

That sort of information needs to be presented alongside the other information. If you still consider that to be sick then you are beneath contempt.

With the passion to appear to express in your replies Rob, I'd like to offer a suggestion that you create a new, separate thread about why we should hang our heads in constant homage to the horrors of war and violence. This thread is NOT ABOUT THAT. Please stop trying to derail it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Thanks for the interesting read and taking great pictures. How I love the internet, places that I would never get to see in my lifetime are just a few clicks away, along with some information. Keep up the great work my friend.

And no matter how "bad" the Nazi era was their technological achievements in flight and my personal favorite tanks is something to marvel at. They truly had some of the best minds, thats why we brought them back here and thats why we now have a space program. Sometimes great things come out of bad history.

very much agreed,lots of good have come out of wars. major steps in technology,science and medical.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I enjoyed the photos, but we have to remember that Peenemunde and the Nazi rocket program were one expression of a truly sick and demented ideology, and while its easy to get seduced by the advanced technology that the Nazi's produced- and yes, I am aware that Von Braun and his clique were shamelessly used by NASA post-'paperclip'- we must remember that the Nazi ideology personified evil incarnate.

As for 'the bell', if it ever existed off the drawing board, I believe any trace was blown up in the huge 'Dora' or 'Mittelwerk' mountain facilities- Run by another one of Satans right-hand men, SS Brigadier General Hans Kammler, and another complex built on the backs of thousands of Russian and Jewish deaths (they even had their own sub-camp of Buchenwald to provide an expendable workforce).

I agree with one of the previous posters who wrote that we should remember what happened during WWII, for fear of it happening again, but there is a thin line between 'remembering' and 'glorification'. I just think we should remember the victims before the perpetrators.

It is not 'de-railing' the thread by bringing this up- it is simply putting into context.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
That was a nice post of the tour with pics. Very interesting. Though I am sure any highly advanced or ET connected, or "secret" stuff would have been taken away very quickly, so what is left, while very impressive, is not going to call in too many questions of their highest level of achievement. And I think the Germans have much to be proud of for that era. While wrongs were commited, just as the USA too has done and probably every nation, time is not frozen, and it's wrong to be self-hating. And not everyone believes that US/Israeli war propaganda anyway.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

You must remember that it was the scientists that worked in this particular place that kept Hitler from the technologies needed to basically destroy the entire world, and go on with his planned "Aryan Race". These wise gentlemen had the sensability to develope the technologies, and then realize they were too much for Hitler and the Nazi Regime to handle at the time. This ATS member stated that there are many mentions of Operation Paperclip in this museum, and had it not been for these very same individuals (scientists) the world would really be a different place.

Let's not forget Count Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg, and the others involved in the July Bomb Plot, who were all high ranking Nazi Military leaders, who opposed Hitler and what he was trying to do. Being German - did not make you a Nazi! Maybe you are unaware of this! "This place" as you refer to it, is the very kind of place that must be preserved for future humans to see - so that they do not go down the same path!

Further, from a historical perspective, we cannot forget the bad, just as we cannot forget the good. Otherwise ~ History repeats itself and we (human beings) are doomed to repeat mistakes! It does society good to be reminded of both the good and the bad!

I enjoyed and appreciate this post immensely, and look forward to seeing the rest of the photos very soon!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Rob,

I understand what you are saying. But... this stuff is history.. Why would people want to go to Gettysburg, Aushchwitz (Sp), 911 museum...etc etc. I dont think they are glorifying their Nazi heritage, but it is a historical site of some significance. I mean heck. The pyramids were built by slaves too.....or Aliens.
edit on 10-2-2011 by TheOwlMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join