It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Website showing Social Deprivation in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I wasn't quite sure what forum to post this in so I apologise if I chose wrongly

I stumbled upon this government site today which shows the social deprivation in the UK in such forms as;
Income deprivation
Employment deprivation
Health deprivation
Education deprivation
Etc..

You type in your postcode and you can get a neighbourhood summary.

There are other more advanced searches you can do to get more specific statistics.

Source

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

This isn't a new thing. Social deprivation has been recognised for years and lots of money has been thrown at certain Areas of deprivation in most Cities. However, a lot of money has been wasted and mainly lip service paid to these areas. A lot of the money has come from the European Social Fund, but this has been cut drastically by the E.U over the past three years because of the number of ex-eastern block countries joining the E.U.

It's not just a coincidence that the countires who were receiving the biggest amounts prior to these countries joining have now experienced financial difficulties i.e Greece, Ireland, Spain and Portugal.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Lots of interesting stuff to be found on there. Couple that with the Police's site and you can really see how rubbish your area is!

www.police.uk...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
someone should find the british article saying the same of america. kind of a "look, they have it worse" kinda thing. and when done from both sides can be very effective at distraction

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

It doesn't seem to cover all of the UK, I put my postcode in and got this message....

Neighbourhood Summary data is currently not available for Scotland

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueInstinct
Lots of interesting stuff to be found on there. Couple that with the Police's site and you can really see how rubbish your area is!

www.police.uk...

Apparently I Live in one of the top twenty most deprived super output areas in the U.K. I kinda guessed it was a pretty crappy area, but now they have made it official!! However, the people around here are community spirited and I like it here.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Originally posted by TrueInstinct

www.police.uk...

Apparently I Live in one of the top twenty most deprived super output areas in the U.K. I kinda guessed it was a pretty crappy area, but now they have made it official!! However, the people around here are community spirited and I like it here.

Aslong as you're happy there then the figures don't really matter! My area's 'high' but really don't notice it, I wonder what an area with low crime rates is like?!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Thanks to all for posting links.

I have only barely started playing with these things, and I find them really interesting.

I just typed in Northhampton on that one website randomly, and looked at the basic crime rates. It has all kinds of filters to see different types of crimes in a region. It's super well done, I am impressed.

Now, why don't we have one of these for the USA?

I would love to study that information. But I suppose for now I can be tided over by watching UK crime events.

new topics

top topics

join